• ベストアンサー

Gloria Estefanの歌詞で山口って?

Gloria EstefanのHOTEL NACIONALに、歌詞で「山口」って出てきます。 I’m feeling VIP It’s the only way to be Going for gold like Yamaguchi It’s time for Hoochie Coochie この山口ってどういう意味ですか? 自分「山口」なので気になります。(>_<) よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Cynosura
  • ベストアンサー率100% (2/2)
回答No.2

1992年アルベールビル冬季オリンピックの女子フィギュアスケートで金メダルを取ったクリスティ・ヤマグチのことだと思います。アメリカ人の日系4世で、伊藤みどりと金メダルを争いました。クリスティ・ヤマグチは現在でもプロスケーターとして活躍しています。曲中ではヤマグチみたいにゴールドを取る(トップになる)にはこれしかないの♪みたいなことを歌ってます。 ちなみに一番ではSusan Lucciのドラマみたいに続くの♪みたいなことを歌っています。Susan Lucciのドラマと言えば41年も続いたアメリカの昼のメロドラマ「All My Children」です。「All My Children」は、「Hotel Nacional」が収録されているアルバム「Miss Little Havana」 がリリースされる4日前に残念ながら終了しました。

yamaguchi2010
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。スッキリしました!

その他の回答 (1)

• gldfish
  • ベストアンサー率41% (2895/6955)
回答No.1

よくは知りませんが、この中に無いですか? 頭が大文字なので固有名詞のはずです。 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaguchi Gloria Estefanは拠点は米国でしょうから、米国で"Yamaguchi"と聞けば誰でもそれを思い浮かべる企業名、商品(ブランド)名、有名人の名という事が考えられます。 洋楽(特に米国の音楽)では、有名人の名は勿論、企業名なんかも度々出てきます。実際、Suzuki等の日本企業の名が出ている有名なポップミュージックありますよ。 「山口県」が米国でそんなに知られているとは思えないので、その山口ではないと思いますけど・・・海外には日本人も知らない「現地の人はよく知る日本人、もしくは日本についての事実」も多いので絶対あり得ないとも言えません。

yamaguchi2010
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いいたします

Hmmm you like this hotel? I think you know how to appreciate nice things. ・You know that it's only 1 more week before I get on the plane ... I really can't wait to be with you again. ・And it's going to be really nice to see you in your own country and in Tokyo! . ・And of course I choose only the best things for you.

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Friendsの「Listen to your heartbeat」という曲中にある歌詞について質問します。 I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones この意味がわかるようでわかりません。 この2行の和訳をお願いします。 できましたら、 なぜ、そのように訳されたのか、その理由を教えていただけるありがたいです。 参考までに 曲名:Listen to your heartbeat I wanna know what you feel inside Is something wrong? Why did you leave last night? Is it all just a game? – Oh... tell me why we can't be lovers I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones And we were meant to be true, so tell me why we can't be lovers How could I be such a fool I thought I already knew it all, but I know I was totally wrong Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you How will I know if you're fooling me? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be Like it's all just a game, and I just want us to be lovers We had it all in our hands Just like those all happy ends I still don't know why, but we lost it somehow Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you One more chance to make a try Nothing left to do for you and I Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you Listen to your heartbeat

• 巡音ルカ「Just be friends」の歌詞

ニコニコ動画でJust be friendsを歌ってみたいと思っています。 just be friends. All we gotta do just be friends. it's time to say goodbye just be friends. の部分ですが、最後の繰り返しのところには歌詞が書いてないのです。 この英文と重なるように、 他の言葉が入るのですが、 なんて言っているのか分かりません。 最初はjust be friendsを、「ジャスピフレ~エエ~ン」と言っているんだろうと思います。 他には「××××~ジャスピ~」とか「××××ジャスピフェレ~ン」 とか言っているようですが、×の部分はなんて言っているのでしょうか? 分かる方お教えください。 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7528841 ↑ニコニコ動画

• 洋楽の歌詞がわかりません

お世話になります。 洋楽カテゴリと迷いましたがこちらにしました。 検索しても歌詞を見つけることができない曲があり、聞き取れない部分があるのでわかる方に教えていただきたいです。 この曲です↓ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PsO5p0Lsss とりあえず自分なりに聞き取ったのが以下です。 If you ? ? need someone to help you make it do...ooh... I'm here and I'll be ready when it's time to make that move...ooh... Let me be the one who...provide for help ? ? Coming to the rescue...to the things that no one can You're everything man (x2) I know you try hard but things don't always go your way...that's okay... All alone there's only so much you can do before you start to pray When you need assistance...with my strength you can stand Help you run the distance... 'cause I be your biggest fan とりあえず1分30秒までです。 どうしてもわからないところは?にしていますが、それ以外でも自信のない箇所がいくつかあるので、間違ってる箇所があれば訂正していただきたいです。 では、お願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英訳お願いします

"We would like to start a shop - it would include expensive French fisherman's rain gear." It's only a matter of time before the UK is submerged in their epic sound waves. "We came from the ocean and we'll return there one day," Fire For Effect states. "BLUE is a way of envisioning the future together, collectively. The sea levels are rising, sea monsters have been waking up, and we are on the verge of awakening something very old from the depths of the sea, and it's probably going to be really pissed off." 長文ですが、どなたかよろしくお願いします

• 英語の穴埋め問題

高校生です It's going to be a busy ( ) both of us. という 穴埋め問題があるのですが答えは (for)が入ります。 なぜでしょうか?

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いいたします。

I'll bring my love to you… I'll bring my love to you I've been stood up messed around and take for a fool but next time 'round I'm gonna change the rules and I don't care about the things that people say it's you I think about each and every day it's much too late for you to change your ways I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Lost inside your love is where I wanna be I'm just asking you to spend some time with me time and time you say you wanna be free and you can have some fun that's okay with me you will never know just how good I feel the joy inside of me makes me feel so real when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) It's much too late for you to change your way I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you

• Like always, I'm only releasing 500

Like always, I'm only releasing 500 copies of this training, and then it's going back in the vault. とはどういう意味ですか?日本語訳例も教えてください。推測でも助かります。

• この英文を詩的に訳してください。

この英文を詩的に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。 It's not only scenary you may miss , by going to fast. you may also miss the sense of where you are going... ...and why All thing flow naturally forward... ...in whatever way they like. You cannot change the flow of the river... ...but you can always adjust your direction. Simply enjoy the journey... and when you lose sight of your path... ...listen for the desitination in your heart. Because sometimes,when you lose your way... ...you may find yourself.

• ここでのHowの意味は?

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire [UK, adult版]p.617の下の方の文に関してです。 ロンがフレッドとジョウジのことを心配しての発言です。 'They've only got a year left at Hogwarts, they keep going on about how it's time to think about their future, and Dad can't help them, and they need gold to get started.' ここで'how it's time to ...'のhowはどういう意味なんでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

専門家に質問してみよう