英作文の表現について、教えてください

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 『πの近似値は3.14です。』を英訳するとしたらどうなりますか?
  • Value of π is about 3.14. 近似値という単語を使っても出来ますが、なにか堅苦しい表現かなとaboutを使いました。
  • 動詞はisで良いか?πは単数名詞なのか?また、equal を使うべきか?だったらequal to ~ とするのか?equal to なら、その後にaboutが来ると変ですよね。前置詞って重なっても良いのですか?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の表現について、教えてください。

『πの近似値は3.14です。』を英訳するとしたらどうなりますか? (πが円周率であることはすでに述べれらていることとします。) Value of π is about 3.14. → πの値は約3.14です。のつもりです。 近似値という単語を使っても出来ますが、なにか堅苦しい表現かなとaboutを使いました。 これで、合っていますか? (1)動詞はisで良いか?、πは単数名詞なのか? また、equal を使うべきか?だったらequal to ~ とするのか? equal to なら、その後にaboutが来ると変ですよね。前置詞って重なっても良いのですか? (2)数字はそのままで良いか? 数字は記号の一種なので、そのままで良いと思うのですが、three point one four とするべきか? (3)小数点の.と文の終わりのピリオド.は同じですよね。 英語はとても不得意です。 丁寧に教えていただけると嬉しいです。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• betanm
  • お礼率96% (469/484)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

The approximate value of π is 3.14. <参考> https://www.google.co.jp/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=h9&ie=UTF-8#hl=ja&gs_nf=1&cp=37&gs_id=b&xhr=t&q=%22The+approximate+value+of+%CF%80+is+3.14.%22&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=%22The+approximate+value+of+%CF%80+is+3.14.%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=468c36ff114f7ae&ix=h9&biw=1366&bih=643 3.14 = three point one four (1) Value of π is about 3.14.の表現は、Google では、この質問以外にヒットなし。 (2) is でよいのでは? (3) 3.14 と綴って、読む時は、three point one four と読む。 (4) 同じですが、役割が違います。

betanm
質問者

お礼

早速の回答ありがとうございます。 (2) is でよいのでは? となっていますが、?ということは他にも言い回しがあるという意味でしょうか? その他はだいたい理解できました。 どうもありがとうございます。

betanm
質問者

補足

やはり、近似値はそのまま訳した方が良いという解釈になるんですね。

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

#1.です。補足拝見しました。 私はそれほど英文に詳しいわけではありません。この様に表現するのではないかと思う物を、Google で検索して、多く使われている様であれば、採用しています。 >やはり、近似値はそのまま訳した方が良いという解釈になるんですね。 >(2) is でよいのでは? となっていますが、?ということは他にも言い回しがあるという意味でしょうか? の2つの質問についても同様です。すでに、使われている表現が検索で見つかって、多数あるのであれば、わざわざ新たな表現を使うつもりがないと言うだけです。

betanm
質問者

お礼

了解しました、ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語☆★未来の表現

・be about to do「まさに…するところだ」 ・be on[at] the point[verge] of doing「今にも…しようとしている」 の二つは同じ用法ですか? 一応テキストに載ってる例文も書きます。 ・The mayor is about to announce the result of the elecsion. ・The oil company is on the point of making an important decision.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

自由英作文の添削をお願いします。 テーマ:Many medical students become frustrated that the basic memory skills that allowed them to pass the entrance exam have not prepare them for the increased pace of university study. Indeed, doctors need to be highly motivated, self-directed learners to keep up with the ever-increasing changes in medical knowledge. Describe how you could be a good medical student and what your priorities will be. Detail three of your good points and three bad points clearly. 条件:3パラグラフ構成以上、150字以上、序論・本論・結論が明確であること。   It is often said that many medical students become frustrated because they have to memorize various kinds of things about human body to keep up with university study. In case with me, one of my bad points is that when cannot understand the things, I am unable to go next step until I understand them. In addition to this bad point, I also think almost all things so deep. For example, I always worry about that whether my opinions or actions hurt my friends or not. Moreover, my third bad point is that I often care about people around me too much. My sister usually told me not to take care of her so often. However, I think these bad points are also my good points. When I cannot understand something, I ask my friends or teachers how to solve the problem. This action makes our relationships better. Next, my worrying about everything and tending to take care of people around me mean I have abilities to imagine other people’s feelings and to try to help people who are in trouble. This will motivate me to become a good doctor. Although I have bad points, everyone also has them. The important thing is not that you do not have bad points, but that you have the ability to change your bad points to good points. This is needed to become a good medical student.(238words) 自分の良い点悪い点について具体例を3つずつ、ということなのですが、 どういうふうに羅列したらよいか悩みました。 いい点と悪い点を一対一対応にして書くべきなのかとも考えましたが、 3つの悪い点→全部良い点へと変換しました。 先日期待と不安の添削をしていただいたときに不安→期待の方がよいというアドバイスを頂いたことを参考にしてみました。 序論も結論も弱い気がしますがボキャブラリーや結び付け方がへただなぁと・・・ 本番まであと1週間なのでかなり焦っています(´;ω;`) よろしくお願いします

• 英作文の添削をお願いできますか?(長め)

まずこの質問を見て頂きありがとうございます。 今回は題名通りの事で少し長いのですが英文の添削をお願いできませんか? かれこれ2年程英語に触れていない中で英文を書く事になったので正直不安なのです。 ちなみに内容は飲酒運転についてです。 “drunk driving”is to drive a car after drink. After this speach,I want you to think about this problem. I'm going to talk about two point “cause accident and kill”and“lose social status” ・First “cause accident and kill” Drunk driver may cause an accident. Because driver who can't right jugement when drink. and it may cause that murder person. For example, Three years ago, Three children lost their life by drunk-driving. ・Second“ lose social status” Besides, drunk driving have another bad possibilities. For example,It is that arrested by the police. Recently the police inspect the cars at many places.If you drink and drive, you will arrest by the police.and this news is spread quickly for family,company,and friend.Then your social status will be lost. Recently in Japan,policeman was laid off for drunk driving. Fortunately he was not murderd nobody .But drunk driving is a crime.and i knew this news two days ago. ・in conculusion ,i think we must stop drink when drive です。長いし文法も単語の用法も滅茶苦茶かもしれませんが宜しくお願いします。

• 高校1年 英作文

英作文の問題5問書いてみたのですが、あっているのか心配です。添削よろしくお願いします。 1.毎日しっかりと朝食をたべないことには、健康に良くない。  It is bad for your helth not properly eating breakfast everyday. 2.この川の水は飲むのに適している。  This river's water fits drinking. 3.マイクに助言を求めても無駄だ。  It is no use appearing advices to Mike. 4.父は3年前に禁煙した。  My father made a point of stopping smoking three yars ago. 5.メグミはショーウィンドーのドレスを見るために立ち止った。  Megumi stopped with a view to looking at a dress in the show window. 以上5問ですよろしくお願いします。

• 自由英作文の添削お願いします!

大学受験を控えた受験生です。 志望大で自由英作文が課されるので対策をしているのですがなかなかうまく書けません。出題が200語程度なので全体で35分(日本語でメモ10~15分)で書く練習はしているのですが。。。 構成の作っている段階でネタ不足になってしまったり、メモが難しくなってしまい英文として表現する際に手がとまってしまいます。 添削とアドバイス(役に立つ表現や字数稼ぎのポイント、構成の立て方、自分だったらどうゆう内容で書くかなど)をいただけると非常にありがたいです。 問題 良い教師がどのようにあるべきかあなたの意見を200語程度の英文で書きなさい。     I think that a good teacher has to have three points. First of all,It is imporatnt for a good teacher to be friendly to his students.Of course,he should sometimes scold them when they make mistakes or play a trick too far.However,If student think their is so obstinate or stern that they won't speak to him,he can't understand what his students think and worry about. socondly,It is also important not to give answers ofsome questions to his students quickly.In my experiences,my teacher who I think is the best teacher didn't give me asolution of my trouble.However,he gave me a hint,and he have me think more seriously.So he teach me how important to solve the troubles by myself. Thirdly,he should improve his teaching skills.For example,It is important to think how to teach a difficult question to his students understandably,to consult with senior teacher about his students or class.If the teaching skills of the teacher is improve,his students can learn interestingly. So teachers should have above three points to be a good teacher.

• 英作文

学校の課題で、"My High School Days"という題で英作文をしました。 文法的な間違いや、不自然な部分等あると思いますので、添削していただこうと、質問させていただきました。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I went attended ABC High School. This school was founded in 1961 by Taro Oda. It is co-education now. But it was a boys' school before 1994, DEF girl's High School was next to it. They merged it in 1994 and became ABC High School. It has generally course only now. But generally course has three courses, A course, B course and C course. When I was senior, there were 48 classes in this school, and more than 1,700 students were studying in this school. I belonged to B course. In the B course, we studied aiming at entrance to school to the university. I and my friends always went to the school by bicycle. I was doing it for exercise and a saving. It takes me about fifty minutes from my home to the school. My favorite subject is civics. I liked the modern society in particular. My best friends in high school were Yuichi Masuda, Yoshitaka Ito and Toshimitsu Kato. We used to go to Miyawaki Bookstore or Book Square in Matsusaka after school by bicycle. It was late that I always arrived at the house because these bookstores were long way from my house. I belonged to the rugby club. But I have never play rugby. Because my teacher made me and my friend the member of the club by force to direct our life and to let me study. So we studied mathematics in the teacher's room while other members did club activities. My impressive teacher was Mr. Ishimoto. He was my teacher when I was junior, and teacher was mathematics and rugby club. He was severe, grim and strong.  Therefore I and my friends could not disobey. If we had not good exam result, he punched us. So my friends studied English and mathematics very hard. But I knew his good point. He always thought about students. Therefore he was very strict with us. It will not still change.

• 英作文、書き換え問題、いそいでいます、助けて下さい。

次の英作を考えてみたのですが、おかしいところを添削して下さい。 お願いします(>_<) (1)日本の旅館に泊まるのは初めてなの? Are you for the first time staying at Japanese inn? (2)あるお金もちのアメリカ人が約百年前に建てられた旅館を買うことに決めた。 One rich American decided to buy an inn which was built about one hundred years ago. (3)今晩和食を一緒に頂いて、楽しみましょうね。 Let's enjoy having dinner this evening. (4)そんなおかしなこと聞いたことがない I have ever heard that is the funniest thing.  (4)は、並べ替え英作です。もし、この順であっているなら、thatの働き  を教えて下さい。 (5)あなたは、どのくらいひんぱんに息子さんから便りをもらっていますか? How often have you heard from your son? How often were you heard from your son? (5)は、現在完了か、受身かどちらでつくるのが正しいですか、その理由も教えて下さい。 (6)公園で遊んでいる3人ンの子どもと2匹のネコがいます(ならべかえ英作) There are three children and two cats that are playing in the park. (7)I am learning (reading, to read ,read)Korean. (8)Mt.Chomolungma is also known(to ,by, as)Mt.Everest. (7),(8)はどれが正しいでしょうか、その理由も教えて下さい。 お昼までに、お答え頂けたら…すがる思いです、よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

1.昨年暮れ、この電子辞書を衝動買いした。 The end of last year, I bought this electric dictionary on impulse. 2.しかし今、私はこれを大変重宝している。 But now I find it very useful. 3.最もいい点は必要に応じ、文字表示を大きくできる点だ。 The best point is that you can change letter size when the need arises. 4.私は老眼になっているが、それでも文字を最大化しているので容易に読むことができる。 I am farsightedness due to old ages. But as I set the letter size largest, I can read letters easily. 5.この辞書のお陰で、15年ぶりに英語の勉強をまた始めることができた。 Thanks to this dictionary, I can restart English study for the first time in about 15 years. 添削文を暗記し、英会話クラブでのスピーチに活用したいと思います。どうぞ宜しく、お願いいたします。

• down の会話表現

-I read that the state got federal funds to build 10 more miles of subway in your direction. That would get you to work faster. -Yeah, but that is three years down the road. 上記英会話文 three years down the road とはどういう意味なのでしょうか? downの意味はなんでしょうか? 品詞は前置詞ですか?「その道へ3年下がる」意味とは?? ちょっとした会話表現がわからないことがよくあります。。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

いつものごとく教員採用試験の過去問の自由英作文の課題を解いてみました。例によって突っ込み所満載だと思うので時間のある方のみで結構ですのでご教授下さい。 題:あなたがグループワークを取り入れた授業で生徒の学習評価を行う時留意することを100語程度の英語で書け。 What is important about this topic is making evaluation criterion clear. Make it happen, I am going to make it clear that I will evaluate not only group activity but also individual work. This is because if I evaluate only group working, if evaluation of the group is high, I have to give favorable review to even low motivated students in group. But in this way, it also enables me to give favorable review to only good worker even if the evaluation of the group is not good. This is the point which I will care when I evaluate the students' group working. 訳:このトピックで重要なことは評価基準を明確にすることです。それを実現させるために私はグループワークだけでなく、個人の活躍も評価することを明確にします。その理由は、もしグループワークだけを評価してしまえば、グループの評価が高い場合、グループの中のやる気がない(貢献度が0に近い)生徒も好評価を与えなければなりません。しかしこの方法であれば、たとえグループの評価が悪くても頑張っている生徒には好評価を与えることも可能になります。 以上が生徒のグループワークを評価する時に留意する点です。