• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:Obama budget proposal)

Obama Budget Proposal: Republican Opposition and Teacher Layoffs

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In a video discussing Obama's budget proposal, at around 0:50, there is a mention of not letting the Republicans drive versus trying out a couple of years. Does this mean that the subject after 'versus' refers to the Obama administration?
  • Additionally, towards the end of the video, around 4:07, after the discussion about not having to lay off teachers, it sounds like 'we mise do what we wanna do'. Does 'mise' mean 'might'? It doesn't sound like it. What is being said?
  • Thank you for your question. In the video about Obama's budget proposal, there is a mention of the Republicans and their role compared to the Obama administration. It is unclear what the exact meaning is and whether the subject after 'versus' refers to the Obama administration. Towards the end of the video, there is a statement about being able to do what they want to do, but it is uncertain what the word 'mise' means. Further clarification is needed. Thank you.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

eigoselfさん、こんにちは。 >drive the bus というのは決まり文句なのでしょうか?  >彼らにバスの運転をさせるということで、容認という意味のたとえでしょうか? "drive the bus" という慣用句は私は聞いたことがありませんし、辞書にも載っていないので、恐らく話者個人の喩えだと思います。 「主導権を握る」ことをよく、"in the driver's seat" = 「車の運転席に座っている」と喩えます。 共和党は数多くの党員から成り立ってることから、"Bus" という言い回しを使ったのかも知れません。 意味としては、共和党が主導権を握っていた2年間、オバマ政権は彼らの圧力に屈していた、という事だと思います。 [ご参考] http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/in+the+driver%27s+seat http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=in+the+driver%27s+seat

eigoself
質問者

お礼

たびたびありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

【0:50ごろ】: "... unlike letting them drive the buses (which) they've tried to do (in) the last couple of years." と言っています(( ) 内は省略されています。) 「... 過去二年間、共和党が自らの政策を押し通そうとしてきたことを容認してきたことに反して。」 [them] ごは Republican のことです。 共和党に弱腰だった過去二年間に比べ、これからのオバマ政権は、自身の政策にこだわるだろう、という趣旨です。 【4:07】: "... we might as well do what we wanna do." と言っています。 「... 我々がしたいようにしてもいいだろう。」

eigoself
質問者

お礼

誠にありがとうございました。 drive the bus というのは決まり文句なのでしょうか? 彼らにバスの運転をさせるということで、容認という意味のたとえでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

usually with one or two of either my or Michael`s friends there to, because they did`nt eat dinner in there house. they always tried to keep us spending time with each other and letting us know that we could talk to them and they would still love us no matter what we did. 一応訳してはみたのですが、うまく日本語にできません どなたかお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

We would be real, real silly about it to try to recreate what we did. We're honestly, honestly, very simply moving forward. And when we do revisit the catalog in a live situation, we just wanna do it justive and want it to resonate with everybody. I mean, look, man, there's a lot of songs there that people have some real-life experiences with — good and bad. And when they come see the band, we want them to experience that nostalgia and that melancholy feeling. And I think, first and foremost, we wanna deliver it really, really hard hitting.

• feature link film

次の動画 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/91149683/ 1:41ごろ、最後のあたり I was thinking more like , I wanna vote I can do feature link film of great asset and so on ... と聞こえますが意味がわかりません。 何のことを言っているのでしょうか? その前の相方の ...movie like BM in that loan arranger version that are wiered からつながりがわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 下記の英文の意味を教えて下さい。

For the old items, I can reorder them, we just do not keep them in stock, but if you want me to reorder as long as you order 2pieces ( sometimes 3 ) I can special order them for you, which ones are you interested in. For the sold out items, generally speaking, they were not the most popular, i do think the AAA tote was very popular and should do well in USA and also the BBB. Right now we ordered the “CCC” and a lot of clients have been waiting for it, if you want to place an order for that and pre-order you can do, that should release in a couple of days.

• I think my....意味を教えてください

友人(男性)からメールをいただきました 元気人やってるか などなど書かれていましたがそのなかの 1文ですがちょっと意味がわかりませんでした 「I think my ex-girlfriend had tried to take my friends away from me. We had a bad break up, and she has possibly told them lies about me. They are acting differently. What should I do?」 ここのくだりです 彼女と壊れそうだから。。。何をすべき?といったところでしょうか?

• 翻訳 お願いします!

At this present time I would need a week to process and test them we have to do this for overseas orders,if another payment order comes in before you they make take another couple of days, the good news due to size and weight we would spend £40 on DHL or FEDEX delivery which is about a 3 day service the grand total is £194 please remember how much we are spending on delivery thanks. イギリス人からのメールです

• BIGBANGの歌詞なのですが

BIGBANGの歌詞なのですが 自分で少し訳したのですがわからないところが多くて困っています。 誰か訳していただけないでしょうか... カジュアルな感じでいいので よろしくお願いしますm(_)m I don’t wanna be without you girl (Got me slowly dying) Where did we go wrong my girl (Why can’t we keep on trying) I don’t wanna be without you girl (I gave my heart to you) Going outta my mind, cuz I love you, I need you girl Baby baby baby You know we go back for oh so long Baby baby baby Used to having you here in my arms Baby baby baby You know what we had was oh so strong Just say you’ll still be mine Cuz I love you, I need you girl My homey lover friend, together yea we had it all Could never see an end, just roll forever deep in love We’d get our groove on Do everything so happily, so free And nothing anyone could ever hate on (Yea, yea, yea) Baby you’re my everything; I’ll do anything for ya Never knew another girly quite like ya And I wanna excite ya Like, like giving you what you wanna do girl If there’s anyone, I’ll straight run ‘em Unfadeable, GD stun ‘em What up, what up, can’t put up, put up When you’re telling me you’re gonna need time alone Tried to call you a thousand times up on the phone ( I called you on the phone) Never did you answer once, you know that’s wrong (You know that’s really wrong yea) Can we talk this out, I wanna know why did you leave me hanging, oh so dam Yo, we used to be one, lovers on the run, no doubt Fosho, we got each other’s back, that’s fact yo Never had a big prob we’d solve and evolve like a couple should is all, that’s all It seemed we had the love thing on locked With everything we were top But little did I know That you would just up and go How could I’ve known Cuz all in my eyes It was all good Had everything we ever wanted Now that you’re showing your True colors baby, now I know (You Know) Oh, that we weren’t meant to be no, nooo

• 英語に訳して下さい!お願いします

どなたかこれを英語に訳してくれませんか?穴埋めです!! まだ僕が小さくてクリスマスツリーが大きく見えたころ みんなが遊んでいる間、僕らは二人っきりでいたね 理由は聞かないで、時はぼくたちを通り過ぎていった 遠くの方から誰かが僕らの間に入ってきたんだ 今、僕らはさえ超して、クリスマスツリーも小さく見える 君は時を聞かないけど 君と僕の愛は決して消えはしないさ でも若葉の陰で泣いていたのは誰だろう 二人のために育ったリンゴの木 リンゴがひとつ、またひとつ落ちてゆく 僕は君と過ぎ去った日々を思い出している 君の頬にキスしたら君は逃げたして行ったっけ 今は僕らも成長して、くりすますツリーも小さく見える 今日は何日だなんて君は聞かないけど 僕らの愛は決して消えはしないさ でも若葉のころに泣いていたのは誰だろう ()の中に入る単語を教えて下さい!よろしくお願いします★ When I was () ,and ()() were (). we used to () while ()used to (). Don't ()me (), but ()has ()us (). some one else ()() from ()(). [chorus] ()we are (), and ()()are (). and you don't ()tha ()of (). But ()and (), our ()will ()(). but ()we'll ()come ()of (). tha ()()that ()for and(). I ()The ()()one by one. And I ()The ()() of them all, The ()I ()your ()and you were (). [chorus] When I was (), and ()()were (), do do do do do do do do do.... Don't () me (), but ()has ()us (), some one else ()()from ()().

• 会話中の According to の意味

会話中の According to の意味 どう使われているのか、解釈が分かりません。 「神なら出来るというのか」と言ったのでしょうか。 =人間には出来ない=兵士は無駄死 あるいは「それは神のお告げか」でしょうか。 =不可能な戦い=兵士は無駄死 又、敵である神のお告げ、という皮肉も込めて。 ギリシャ神話系の物語です。 神々と戦う人間の軍で、隊長と主人公の言い争いです。 主人公はdemigodです。 隊長は、(人間として生きたい)主人公が神から贈られた聖なる剣を使わない事を責めています。 Captain: Your pride is killing my men! You were given gifts, use them. Hero:   These gifts are a trap! Captain: I do not care what they are, use them! Hero:   No! I do not wanna use that sword or anything that they give me! Captain: So, we'll just continue to die. Hero:   I can't become like them. If I'd do this, I'd do it as a man. Captain: But you're not just a man. Hero:   I choose to be. Captain: A man cannot do this Hero:   According to whom, the Gods? " According to whom, the Gods?"と言われた隊長は言葉を返せず、回りの兵士たちの顔を見渡して、鉾を収め立ち去ります。

• わからない個所を教えてください。

I look up at the sky again. It’s not the time of year for the shooting stars yet; a few months must pass before the Perseids wash through the Earth’s orbit and burn briefly through the high atmosphere. Jamie tells me all about them. We watch them together.(前回の終わりの部分です) ‘There’s one – over there.’ I turn my head a fraction and catch the last dying trace of light as the star burns out. ‘That’s fourteen,’ I say. ‘They’re great, aren’t they?’ ‘Yeah.’ ‘People say you should wish when you see one.’ ‘We should do that.’ ‘OK. On the next one.’ ‘We could have had fourteen wishes by now,’ I say. ‘Do you believe in all that?’ ‘All what?’ ‘Wishes and stuff.’ I think about it. ‘I don’t think so,’ I say at last. ‘Me neither.’ I can hear the grin in his voice as he adds, ‘But let’s do it anyway.’ We wait until the next star cuts across the sky. ‘What did you wish for?’ I ask. ‘It’s a secret,’ he says. ‘You have to keep them a secret if you want them to come true.’ ‘Oh.’ ‘They aren’t really stars, you know,’ he says. He speaks quietly, almost dreamily. ‘They’re pieces of rock. Meteors. They drift through space, and once a year this big sort of cloud of them – it’s called a swarm – comes. They go round the sun, you see, like us, only we only catch up with them once a year. And then they burn up.’ ‘Why do they burn up?’ ‘Because of the air.’ ‘Rocks don’t burn,’ I say. ‘Yes they do. Look at volcanoes. That’s rock.’ ‘Oh, yeah,’ I say. He’s right. ‘Why does the air make them burn?’ ‘There’s another.’ ‘I see it. Sixteen.’ *************************** 主人公のAlexはartistで、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに帰ってきています。 Alexと幼なじみのJamieが話しているシーンです。(子供の頃の回想シーン?) ‘Do you believe in all that?’ ‘All what?’ ‘Wishes and stuff.’ このセリフの中のstuffは何を意味しているのでしょうか?漠然としたもの?? They drift through space, and once a year this big sort of cloud of them – it’s called a swarm – comes. They go round the sun, you see, like us, only we only catch up with them once a year.この英文のonly we only catch up with them once a year.の個所がよくわからないのですが、 私たちだけが一年に一度それらに追いつくだけです?onlyの意味するところがよくわかりません。 教えてください。お願いします。