• ベストアンサー

NHK WORLD Workers

The company says it has assured workers their benefits will not be compromised. It has even offered a pay raise. But the employees are not convinced. この場合のcompromisedの意味は、妥協されないだろう→benefitsはworkersの思い通りには支払われないだろうということでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

「妥協する」という意味の compromise は自動詞で, compromise with ~で「~と妥協する」のように用います。 この compromise は他動詞で「~を弱める,減らす」 会社側は言っている,労働者に利益が少なくならない (減給などしない)と保証した。 その後ともうまくつながります。 It has even offered a pay raise. But the employees are not convinced. 「昇給さえ申し出た。それでも労働者の方は納得していない」

buturikko1
質問者

お礼

よく理解できました。ありがとうございました。またお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳

長文の中であいまいな日本語訳の部分があるので教えていただきたいです。 カッコ〈〉の部分のみお願いします 〈After losing money,〉a company decides to hire a new president. 〈On a tour of the company,〉the new boss sees a guy~ 〈No more lazy workers !〉 〈I pay my employees to work, not stand around!〉 〈With a shy smile,〉 he says~ そして最後に¥120,000のスペルでの表記の仕方を教えてください よろしくおねがいします

• TOEIC対策の文章の和訳 

TOEIC対策としてアメリカ人から頂いた文章で意味がわからないところがあります。 以下の文章の最後の一文なのですが意味がわかりません。 わかるところは the company’s decision to cut its workforce 「その会社が人員削減を決定したこと」 it has over 70,000 workers throughout the country. 「国内に7万人以上従業員がいること」 です。 these plans won't effectのところと even thoughの論理が不明です。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。 XYZ Co., is expected to close many of their factories and eliminate thousands of jobs in order to cope with their recent losses. XYZ also plans to improve their current line of products and is in merger talks with its rival, AbcCorp. But these plans will not effect the company’s decision to cut its workforce, even though it has over 70,000 workers throughout the country.

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

Naturally, these employees earn less money and have fewer benefits than regular employees. Therefore, cutbacks by companies and deregulation have made it more difficult to find a full-time job. In 1995, one-fifth of Japan’s workforce was composed of irregular workers; 10 years later one-third of it was. During the same time period, the average hourly wage dropped from 1,700 yen per hour to 1,300.

• 英文スピーチの添削をお願いします。

英文スピーチの添削をお願いします。 テーマは日本企業の英語の社内公用語化についてです。 英語が全くと言っていいほどできないので、 ほとんどを翻訳ソフトに頼ってしまいました。 間違っているところがたくさんあると思うので 英語がわかる方、教えてください。 Companies such as these days, Uniqlo or Rakuten announced the English office official language. Employees go to the English conversation school and seem to hurry measures. It is said that it is the globalization of the company,and the mutual understanding in the English is essential. But the Japanese who has an image to be negative even if they hold a meeting by the language that they are not used to, It may be hard to come to give an opinion even more. It employ a foreign employee and it is important that it have a global field of vision for the growth of the company. However,there is not a meaning to be a Japanese company when a Japanese is hard to work. It's not limit all to English and think that one devising usage with the Japanese is effective.

• 意味はあっていますか?

I'm helping my sister's company with an experiment. I have been wearing a patch that monitors my sleep, heartbeat and exercise. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I don't believe I sleep as much as it says. My diet has been good, but unfortunately, my exercise has not. :-( 妹との会社の睡眠、心臓、運動の動きのテストを受けた。(それが、どれほど性格かわからないが…) 結果は、十分睡眠がとれているといっているが信じられない。 ダイエットは、良いみたいだが、運動は不足しているみたいだ。 これで意味はあっていますか?

• Even if と Nonethelessについて

下記の英文について質問です。 -------- most workers are working collaboratively, it looks like they will not to meet the deadline. この-------の部分は Even if が正解なのですが、 Nonethelss では、なぜだめなのでしょうか。 その理由を調べてもよく理解できなかったので ご教授いただけますでしょうか。

• 下記の訳が分かりません。

すいません、下記の和訳が分かりません。 お願いします。 As part of the company's creative drive, it even has its own reality TV show - an excerpt of which shows the producer asking Tom if he could "stop talking in soundbites". He's nothing if not good at PR.

• 前置詞を2つ連続で用いることについて(from とacross )

次の英文の中に、from とacrossを連続で使用しているところがあります。 Subway workers walked off the job Wednesday evening,following 750,000 municipal employees from across Britain who had staged a strike earlier in the day seeking a 6% pay raise. ここの部分はどのような文法で、どのように訳せばよいのでしょうか?acrossには副詞としての意味もありますが、上手く文章に当てはめることができません。また、この文章全体の訳も教えていただけないでしょうか。自分なりに考えた訳は、 地下鉄の労働者は、水曜日の夕方に仕事を放棄し、その日に先に6%の賃金値上げを求めてストライキした75万人の地方自治体職員に加わった。 となりました。しかし、from across Britain が訳せませんでした。また、whoの先行詞はemployeesとして訳したのですが、そうするとBritainをどのようにして訳に入れれば良いのか分かりません。 どなたか、分かる方がいらっしゃいましたら教えてください。

• 和訳お願いします。not always in few words, but in too few words

Theodor Lippsと言う方の言葉です。 A joke says what it has to say, not always in few words, but in too few words―that is, in words that are insufficient by strict logic or by common modes of thought and speech. It may even actually say what it has to say by not saying it. 試訳:ジョークは言わなければならない事を、毎回短く言うわけではない、しかし非常に少ない言葉である―それは、厳密な論理によった場合や、通常の思想や発言によった場合では少なすぎる言葉数である。 ジョークは実際に言わなければならないことを言わない事によって言うこともすらあるのだ。 タイトルの通り、not always in few words, but in too few wordsで、上記のやくでよいのか迷っています。その部分だけでも良いので、教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の発音について would

英語の発音 that it would という発音が「ザッィウッド」と聞こえるのですが、 カタカナで表現すると、どう発音するのが良いでしょうか。その他どのように認識すればよいかアドバイス頂けま すと幸いです。 本文 His boss said the company could not pay the whole cost, but that it would cover half.