• 締切済み

とても長いのですが…

You can trust London's taxi driuers. They will take you to any address by the shortest possible route. When I took a taxi in London, I saw the driver's license and a green badge on display inside the car. I asked him what the green badge was. "My green badge? It means I know all the street names in London. I can take you anywhere you want to go." "How do you get a green badge? Is there a school for taxi drivers?" "No, there isn't. You have to study by yourself. But the test is difficult. On average only six people in every hundred pass." "How do you learn all the street names in London? You must have a wonderful memory." "I went round London on a motorbike, learning the street names in one area at a time. You have to remember which streets are one-way. When you remember them all, you take a test. It's not a wirtten test. You have an interview with an examiner face to face. The examiners are usually very rude, but you must keep calm. Taxi driuers must not only know every street in London, but they must also be able to deal with all kinds of passengers. If you get angry when the examiner is rude, you fail." "How long does it take to learn the whole of London?" "That depends. Everyone is different. But after you have passed your test, you still have to attend a two-week course to learn where all the theaters and museums are. Finally you take a special driving test. The examiners always ask you to do things you are not allowed to do. But you must not break the law. You can only fail the test once. If you fail twice, you'll never be a London taxi driver." かなり長いのですが、訳していただけたら光栄です(T_T)

noname#140346
noname#140346
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.2

少し修正した文が下記となります: ロンドンのタクシーの運転手は信用できる。どの住所であっても、最短距離 で連れて行ってくれるだろう。 ロンドンでタクシーに乗ったとき、私は、運転手の免許証と緑色のバッジが 車内に飾られているのを見た。私は、その緑のバッジは何か、と運転手に 尋ねた。 「私の緑のバッジかい?これは、私がロンドンの全ての通りの名前を知っている ということなんだ。あなたの行きたいところ、どこでも連れて行ってあげるよ。」 「どうやってそのバッジを手に入れたんですか。タクシーの運転手のための学校 があるの?」 「そんなものはないよ。自分で勉強しないといけないんだ。けれど、テストは 難しい。平均すると、100人のうちたった6人しか合格しないんだ」 「どうやってロンドンの全ての通りの名前を覚えたの?きっとすごく記憶力が いいのね」 「ロンドンをバイクで回り、一回につきひとつの場所の通りの名前を覚えるんだ。 どの通りが一方通行かも記憶しないといけない。全部覚えられたら、テストを 受けるんだ。ペーパーテストじゃない。試験官と対面して面接をうける。 試験官たちはたいてい、すごく無礼だけど、冷静さをたもたないといけない。 タクシーの運転手は、ロンドンのすべての通りを知っているだけでなく、 あらゆる種類のお客さんにも対処できないといけないんだ。試験官が失礼な態度 をとったとき、もし怒ってしまったら、試験に落ちるんだよ。」 「ロンドンについて全部覚えるのにどのくらいかかるんですか。」 「人によるね。みんな違うんだ。でも、テストに合格したあとも、まだ全ての 劇場と博物館がどこにあるのかを学ぶための2週間の講習に参加しないとならない んだ。そしてやっと、特別なドライビングテストを受けることになる。試験官は いつも、あなたに、許可されていないことをやるよう頼んでくる。でも、法を 破ってはダメなんだ。テストには1回しか失敗できない。もし、2度落ちたら、 もう絶対にロンドンのタクシー運転手にはなれないんだよ。」 次回からは、辞書を使い、自分で訳しましょう

回答No.1

ロンドンのタクシーの運転手は信用できる。どの住所であっても、最短距離 で連れて行ってくれるだろう。 ロンドンでタクシーに乗ったとき、私は、運転手の免許証と緑色のバッジが 車内に飾られているのを見た。私は、その緑のバッジは何か、と運転手に 尋ねた。 「私の緑のバッジかい?これは、私がロンドンの全ての通りの名前を知っている ということなんだ。あなたの行きたいところ、どこでも連れて行ってあげるよ。」 「どうやってそのバッジを手に入れたんですか。タクシーの運転手のための学校 があるの?」 「そんなものはないよ。自分で勉強しないといけないんだ。だけど、テストは 難しい。平均すると、100人のうちたった6人しか合格しないんだ」 「どうやってロンドンの全ての通りの名前を覚えたの?きっとすごく記憶力が いいのね」 「ロンドンをバイクで回り、一回につきひとつの場所の通りの名前を覚えるんだ。 どの通りが一方通行かも記憶しないといけない。全部覚えられたら、テストを 受けるんだ。ペーパーテストじゃない。試験官と対面して面接をうける。 試験官たちはたいてい、すごく無礼だけど、冷静さをたもたないといけない。 タクシーの運転手は、ロンドンのすべての通りを知っているだけでなく、 あらゆる種類のお客さんにも対処できないといけないんだ。試験官が失礼な態度 をとったとき、もし怒ってしまったら、試験に落ちるんだよ。」 「ロンドンについて全部覚えるのにどのくらいかかるんですか。」 「人によるね。みんな違うんだ。でも、テストに合格したあとも、まだ全ての 劇場と博物館がどこにあるのかを学ぶための2週間の講習に参加しないとならない んだ。そしてやっと、特別なドライビングテストを受けることになる。試験官は いつも、あなたに、許可されていないことをやるよう頼んでくる。でも、法を 破ってはダメなんだ。テストには1回しか失敗できない。もし、2度落ちたら、 もう絶対にロンドンのタクシー運転手にはなれないんだよ。」

関連するQ&A

• 訳してください!

You can trust London's taxi drivers. They will take you to any address by the shortest possible route. When I took a taxi in London, I saw the driver's license and a green badge on "My green badge? It means I know all the street names in London. I can take you anywhere you want to go." "How do you get a green badge? Is there a school for taxi drivers?" "No,there isn't. You have to study by yourself. But the test is difficult. On average only six people in every hundred pass." "How do you learn all the street names in London? You must have a wonderful memory." "I went round London on a motorbile, learning the street names in one area at a time. You have to remember which streets are one-way. When you remember them all, you take a test. It's not a written test. You have an interview with an examiner face to face. The examiners are usually very rude, but you must keep calm. Taxi drivers must ont only know every street in London, but they must also be able to deal with all kinds of passengers. If you get angry when the examiner is rude, you fail." "How long does it take to learn the whole of London?" "That depends. Everyone is different. But after you have passed your test, you still have to attend a two-week course to learn where all the theaters and museums are. Finally you take a special driving test. The examiners always ask you to do things you are not allowed to do. But you must not break the law. You can only fail the test once. If you fail twice, you'll never be a London taxi driver."

• 英文の訳をお願いします;;

ln rural Africa, clean water is a luxury. Most people don't have a water systemin their homes. lnstead,they often must walk long distances to wells and carry heavycontainers of water back home.PatriciaMolope,17,explains that before Diepsloot got a PlayPump,people would pay a taxi driver to take them to a far-off well. “Sometimesthe taxi drivers were busy,and we would have to do without bathing in order to saveour water. lt was too far to walk there. But now we have our own clean water in ourvillage,and life is better."

• 英文法の問題です

以下の英文の空所に入れるものが合っているか教えてください。 (1)The last question is the (most) difficult (of ) the five. () ・・・better ,best ,more ,most () ・・・by,in,of,than (2)“ (Can) I take this chair to the next room? ” “Yes,of course.” () ・・・Will,Have,Can,Would (3)You (don’t have to ) have a driver’s license to ride a bicycle. () ・・・have to, don’t have to,must ,must not

• わかりません

Yesterday a friend of mine met an accident and I (had to take,should take,must have taken,must take) him to a hospital. 答:had to take 上の問題文でmust have takenを選んではいけないのは何故ですか?

• 訳と解説お願いします。

you will have to take the bus. will は、未来形で、have toは、~しなければならない、mustと同じ? 「あなたは、そのバスに乗らなければならないでしょう」 なんか違うような感じ? どなたか解説をお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします・・

あるネイティブとメールのやり取りをしているのですが、英語の質問をしたところ以下のような文章が返ってきました。大まかな訳は『この文章での“it”は“to take a taxi”以外の何かを指しています』でいいでしょうか? つまり“it”は“to take a taxi” でないということでしょうか? In this sentence or the context, there is nothing else 'it' can refer to other than 'to take a taxi'.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why don't you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children? When I am President, that's the first rule I will institute.

• 英語

1:But for my daughter's suddenly illness, we could have taken the trip to London last weekend. 2:With a little more effort, he would have succeeded. 3:To hear him speak English, you would think that he is an American. 4:A step further,and youwould have fallen over the cliff. 5:The computer performs calculations in seconds which would take us hundreds of hours. 訳をお願いします

• 英訳をお願いします!(翻訳サイトはなしで!)

1 He took a sudden liking to the girl. 2 You have to take the medicine, not because I want you to, but for your own good. よろしくお願いします!!

• ( )に入る単語を教えてください!

(    )の中に入る英語を教えてくださいませんか?よろしくお願いいたします。 1 You should look ( ) cars when you cross the street. ア about イ out of ウ out for エ over         ※ イかウの違いが分からず・・ 2 I ( ) reported it to the police, but I didn't. ア must have イ should ウ would エ should have ※ エ? 3 My father ( ) drink a lot but not any more. ア do イ is used to ウ used to エ was used to    ※ ウ? 4 They take great pride ( ) their old traditions. ア in イ of ウ on エ for                  ※ イ? 5 I will lend you the book when I ( ). ア finished it イ have finished it ウ will finish it エ will have finished it 6 I could not ( ) out what he meant. ア look イ make ウ set エ take ※イ? 7 彼は5行で5か所間違えた。   He made five mistakes in ( ) many lines. 8  He suddenly began to laugh. ( ) of a sudden, He began to laugh. 9 She is not such a fool as to quarrel with them. She ( ) ( ) than to quarrel with them. 10 For all his wealth, he wants more. ( ) he is wealthy, he wants more. 11 It has nothing to do with you. It has none ( ) ( ) ( ). どうぞよろしくお願いします。