The Importance of Language in Preserving Culture

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Did you know that there are about 6,000 languages spoken in the world? However, experts predict that half of them will disappear by the end of this century.
  • When a language dies out, the culture associated with it also fades away. Language is an integral part of human activities, and its preservation is crucial in order to preserve cultural heritage.
  • Fortunately, efforts are being made in many places to protect and revive native languages, recognizing their importance in maintaining cultural diversity.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の訳

英語を訳してもらいたいです。 Do you know how many languages are spoken in the would? About 6,000! Butexperts say about half of them will probably die out during this century because the would is getting smaller in terms of communication. There is a clear need for languages that many people can understand. As a result, minor languages are being forgotten. When a language dies out, what happens? Its culture is lost. Culture is the whole body of human activies and language plays an important part in them. What can we do about this? In many parts of the would, people are trying to save their native tongues. よろしくお願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

全世界で言葉がいくつ話されているかご存知ですか。約6000です。しかし専門家は、世界がコミュニケーションの点で小さくなって来ているので、今世紀の間にその半数は恐らく死ぬだろうと言っています。多くの人が理解できる言語が必要なことは明らかです。その結果、マイナーな言語は忘れられていきます。   言語が死ぬ時は、何が起こるでしょう? その文化が失われます。文化とは人間活動の全体を指し、その(人間活動の)大切な役割を果たすのが言葉です。わたしたちに何が出来るでしょうか? 世界のあちこちで、人々は先住民の言語を救おうと努力しています。

worldvvv
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

あなたは、いくつの言語が世界で話されているか知っていますか?およそ6,000です!しかし、世界がコミュニケーションに関してより小さくなっていっているので、それらのおよそ半分が今世紀中に多分消滅するだろうと、専門家は言っています。多くの人々が理解できる言語が明らかに必要です。その結果、マイナーな言語は忘れられてゆくのです。ある言語が滅びると、どんなことが起こるでしょうか?その文化は失われます。文化は人間の活動の総体です、そして、言語はそれらにおいて重要な役割を果たしています。我々は、このことについて何をすることができるでしょうか?世界の多くの地域で、人々は彼らの自国語を守ろうとしています。

worldvvv
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英語

(1)~(3)まで教えてください。 According to researchers from the University of Manchester, 90% of the world's language are ((1)) to disappear by 2050. One such tongue is Tofa, spoken by only about 60 people who keep reindeer on the empty land in Siberia. One of the researchers speaks the language, and says that he can speak fluently enough to be able to express anything he wants to say. The researchers have been trying to keep records of endangered languages or videos. They have done fieldwork across the globe to investigate languages ranging from Faroese (50,000 speakers) to Banawa, one of 300 languages spoken in the Amazon basin. At a recent meeting, Yaron Matras, who speaks 13 languages, played a recording of a British Romani speaker made in the 1950s. He said that British Romani is now ((2)) at the level of extinction, and he is ((3)) looking for the alleged four or five families in Wales who still speak it. There is no shortage of languages. At the last count there were about 6,000 , but only 4% of them are spoken by 96% of the people in the world. About 10 languages, including English, Arabic, and Hindi, are spoken by more than 100 million people each. No one needs to worry about them. But the little languages with little chance of survival need help. According to a professor at the University of Manchester, people are aware of threats to ecology and of species dying out, but they don't realize that we are leaving languages to die out. It is true that every languages is the repository of the culture of the people who speak it. When we lose the last speaker, we lose the people's cultural memory.

• 英語の質問です。よろしくお願いします。

英文の書き換えについて質問です。 "What about the number of people?"の書き換え(「世界の人口についてはどうだろう」)ですが、 "( )( )( ) the number of people in the world?"の( )の部分がわかりません。 "How many is the numeber of people in the world? ではおかしいでしょうか?教えて下さい。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 質問文を和訳していただきたいです。

1. How do you perceive United States culture? How would you define our culture and why? 2. What do you think of behaviors, traditions and beliefs in the US? (Industry, religion, values, etc.) 3. What are some of the good things about US culture? (What do we do that is good?) 4. What are some of the bad things about US culture? (What are some of the harmful things we do? お願いします!

• 英文と日本語訳があります。日本語訳は正しいですか?

But foreigners are always asking questions, too! Choice and opinion questions On the other hand, Japanese people also complain that foreigners are always asking them questions that make them feel uncomfortable. Many are questions of choice: "Would you like a coke, juice, or some tea?" "Do you want it in a cup pr a glass?" "What kind of salad dressing would you like?" "Do you want to go to Diseyland or to the beach?" Still worse are questions of opinion: "What do you think is the best strategy for this project?" "What do you thik about the role of women in society?" "What can be done to improve this class?" 日本語訳 でも外国人だって常に質問してきます! 選択肢のある質問と意見を求める質問 一方、日本の人たちも外国人は自分たちを不愉快にさせる質問をするじゃないかと不満をもらします。(外国人がする)多くの質問は何かを選ぶものです。「コーラか、ジュース、もしくはお茶はいかがですか?」「カップがいいですか、それともグラスがいいですか?」「サラダドレッシングは何になさいますか?」「ディズニーランドに行きたい?それともビーチがいい?」など。 それよりさらに嫌なのは意見を求める質問です。「このプロジェクトにおけるベストな戦略はなんだと思う?」「社会における女性の役割についてのあなたの考えは?」「このクラス(授業かもしれません)をもっとよくするには何ができますかね?」

• 英語から日本語に訳してください。

下記の文章は日本語に訳してください。たくさんあるのでちょっとだけ訳してもいい。私は英語のALTで生徒の前に講演するためにこの文章を使った。生徒は講演を聴きながらノートを読むことが出来る。たくさん高校で講演するつもりだから、この訳した文章があれば便利です! お願いします。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Often when Americans think of Japan, they have a distorted image. They can only imagine the Japan they've seen in movies - that is to say, Tokyo, samurai, and karaoke. Over the past few years, I've come to see that Japan is much more diverse and interesting than my previous misconception. In the same way, I think the average Japanese person has a distorted image of American culture. Perhaps when you think of America, you think of two major cities - New York and Los Angeles. That's very natural, they dominate American movies so it's often the only America you can see. But today I'd like to take some time and talk about America's diverse culture and its many regions. America is a wonderful, interesting country with many diverse cultures. While I'm talking, please keep in mind that geographically, most of these areas I'm showing are larger than Japan. It is easy to forget that America is such a large country. When we talk about American culture, we must talk about immigration. America is a nation of immigrants. America has been famously called a "melting pot," but the anology does not always hold true. It's racial and ethnic groups do not always mix - instead creating something more like a "salad bowl" where each group is unique but makes up one part of a whole. While it's sad, America's native cultures have been almost wiped out. Immigrants from around the world have replaced them. So today, we're going to focus on the dominant cultures in modern America. Today, there are over 300,000,000 Americans which makes up about 4.5% of the world's total population. Of these Americans, 31,000,000 live in New York or Los Angeles. So roughly 1 in 10 Americans live in one of these two cities - which is why we see them so much in movies. But we're not going to talk about them. We're going to talk about the other 90% of Americans who are spread throughout the fourth largest country in the world. Now lets talk about race, ethnicity, and ancestry. America as a whole has a very diverse ancestral makeup. Lets take a look. Out of 100 Americans, 15 people are of German ancestry. 10 people are of Irish ancestry. 9 people are of African American ancestry. 9 people are of English ancestry. 7 people are of Mexican ancestry. 5 people are of Italian ancestry. 3 people are of French ancestry. 2 people are of Native American ancestry. 1 person is of Japanese ancestry. These make up about 60% of Americans. The remaining 40% are from a scattering of countries around the world. Another important factor in shaping our culture is religion. Different religions bring with them a different set of morals, food, music, literature, and ways of life. America has long been a destination for religious immigrants. These immigrant communities have made large impacts on the cultures of regions.

• 英語で質問

閲覧ありがとうございます。 僕は明日,授業で英会話があります。質問することは決まっていて配られたプリントに書いてあります。そのプリントには日本語で質問が書いてあるので英語に訳さなければなりません。Yahoo翻訳を使ったりして調べましたが不安なので質問の一覧を書きますので,もし間違っている(違う表現の方が良い)など有りましたらご指摘お願いします。 明日英会話の授業なので今日中にお願いします。 ・出身はどこですか? Where are you from? ・週末にたいてい何をしますか? What do you do about on the weekend? ・家族は何人いますか? How many people is there in family? ・家族には誰がいますか? Who is there in family? ・あなたのお父さんの仕事は何ですか? What is the work of your father? ・あなたのお父さんはどんな人ですか? What kind of person is your father?←What kind ofは必須 ・あなたのお父さんの趣味は何ですか? What is your father's hobby? ・あなたのお母さんの趣味はは何ですか? When is a birthday of your mother? ・あなたのお母さんは何をするのが好きですか? What does your mother like to do? ・あなたは何回ぐらい祖父母に会いますか? How many times do you meet grandparents? ・あなたは家族で一緒に何をしますか? What do you do with your family? 次の文は全くわかりませんでした ・あなたのお母さんはどんな人ですか?(look likeは必須) 長文になりましたが回答お願いします。

• 英語の質問

・However, perhaps a more basic question is why we dream anyway? この why~の部分は why do we dream anyway じゃないんですか? ・Most of these people are elderly and when they die , they will take their language with them. 絶滅しそうな言語のことについての文の一部です。最初のthese people は 絶滅しそうな言語を話す人 をさしてると思います。最後のwith them は何を指していますか? ・I woke up with a lovely tune in my head. I thought, That's great , I wonder what that is? I wonder what that is?  の部分の語順がよくわかりません。どういうことでしょうか?

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

So you can see why I believe that Americans are obsessed with time. All of the Americans I know have wristwatches, but many of my Latino friends don't regularly wear one.I don't, Americans are always setting their watches, making sure the time is 'exact.' I once heard two American students arguing about what time it was.One said, 'It's 3:45.' The other said,'No,It's not! It's 3:48, you idiot!'That's how Americans think about time.It's the most important thing in their lives. People do think about time differently after all.It seems to me,thought, that the American and Latino students do everything they're supposed to do.They work and study about the same amount. But the Latinos don't feel as pressured by time as the Americans do. It's no wonder that Americans are so stressed out.

• 訳お願いしますm(._.)m

和訳お願いしますm(._.)m (1)People on Samso saw the island's future in the use of biomass. (2)Biomass is not harmful to our health or to the environment and can produce energy repeatedly. (3)Today the people have begun to say, “This renewable energy project is our project.” (4)Samso's main energy sources-wind and solar-are also renewable. (5)They have been successful in setting a model for countries that are poor in natural resources, and for the people in the world who worry about the day when fossil fuels run out. (6)No wonder this small island of about 4,000 people is visited by as many as 1,000 people every year.

• What do you think about a small tra

What do you think about a small trading market of islans in Asia. Such as Taiwan and Japan. They are so afraid of other country, sitll. They are just willing to know good things without any problem. Could you work for them with your hard work forever? If you would like to live with Japanese people. What would you like to do with them? Simlpe answer is fine to me...