地磁気の強さの変化とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 地磁気の強さは、およそ2000年前に最大値から現代の値の約35%下がりました。
  • 『however, geomagnetic intensity』は『しかしながら、地磁気の強さは』です。
  • 質問者は、『however, geomagnetic intensity has declined almost continuously from a maximum 35% above the modern value achieved approximately 2,000 years ago.』という文の意味を理解できていませんでした。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳していただけると助かります。

WIKIPEDIAの『Geomagnetic reversal』という記事を読んでいてどうしても分からない文章が出てきました。和訳していただけると嬉しいです。 『however, geomagnetic intensity has declined almost continuously from a maximum 35% above the modern value achieved approximately 2,000 years ago.』 『however, geomagnetic intensity』は『しかしながら、地磁気の強さは』です。 『approximately 2,000 years ago.』は『およそ2000年前』です。 ここまでは分かりましたが、他の部分が分かりませんでした。 よろしくお願いします。

noname#142902
noname#142902
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。  おっしゃる通り、二千年前が最高点で、今の価値より35%高かった、と言ったつもりだったんですけど、すみません。#2さんのおっしゃる通りです。

noname#142902
質問者

お礼

補足ありがとうございます。私の理解不足で失礼しました。何度もありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

しかしながら、地磁気の強さは、今からおよそ2000年前の値が最高値であり(現在の値を35%も上回る)、以来ずっと減少を続けている。 で、どうでしょうか?

noname#142902
質問者

お礼

そういう意味だったのですか。納得しました。ありがとうございました。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「しかしながら、地磁気の強さは、約二千年前に到達した、現代価値の35%ほどの高さを最高値として、(それ以後)殆ど継続的に減少している。」

noname#142902
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。しかし『現代価値の35%』はどういう意味なのでしょうか。『現代を100%としたときの35パーセントから減少している』と考えると矛盾が生じませんか? 実はこの辺りで私もつまってしまってどうにもならなくなって質問した次第です。どういう意味なのでしょうか? 何はともあれ、回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 As you might imagine, those dismissive of climate-change concerns have made much of this warming plateau. They typically argue that “global warming stopped 15 years ago” or some similar statement, and then assert that this disproves the whole notion that greenhouse gases are causing warming. Rarely do they mention that most of the warmest years in the historical record have occurred recently. Moreover, their claim depends on careful selection of the starting and ending points. The starting point is almost always 1998, a particularly warm year because of a strong El Niño weather pattern.

• 英文と和訳があるのですが和訳は正しいですか?

A generation ago, a woman who had reached the age of 25 without marrying was said to be like Christmas cake on December 25th. In other words, she was already past her best time for marrying. Those days have long disappeared. Now the average age of marriage for a Japanese woman is about 28 years old. However, the image that a woman must get married in order to be fully accepted into society still remains. This thinking probably comes from a time in the past when the goal of almost every woman was to get married and have children. 和訳 一昔前の日本では、25を過ぎても結婚しない女性は12月25日のクリスマスケーキと言われていました。言い換えれば、その人は結婚適齢期を過ぎてしまったということだったのです。そんな時代はとっくになくなりました。今では日本人女性が結婚する平均年齢は28歳になっています。 しかしながら、社会に完全に受け入れられる為には女性は結婚すべきであるとのイメージはいまだに残っています。この考え方はおそらく、ほとんどすべての女性にとってのゴールとは結婚して子供をもつことだという過去の時代からのものです。

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいでしょうか?

A recent book has used the term "loser dog" to describe women over 30 years old who are not married and have no children. For women who are married, the author used the term "winner dog." Using the term, "loser," follows the stereotype discussed above in which women who are not married are considered to have failed in life. However, the term "loser dog" may be taking on a new meaning. As society becomes less conservative in its thinking, and as women gain more social statues, "loser dog" may no longer mean the woman is a loser. 和訳 最近出たある一冊の本では、未婚で子供もいない30歳すぎの女性を表すのに「負け組」という言い方を使いました。この筆者は結婚している女性を「勝ち組」と評しました。「負け」という言い方を用いることで、前に述べたように結婚していない女性は人生の失敗者であるという固定観念に追従しているのです。しかしながら、「負け組」という言い方は新しい意味を得ることかもしれません。社会における思考が保守的でなくなるにつれ、また女性がより多くの社会的地位を得ることにつれ、「負け組」とはもはや女性が敗者だという意味ではなくなるかもしれないからです。

• 和訳してください!

昔の友人?恋人のような男性から2年ぶりに連絡が来ましたがあまりにも自分が英語を忘れすぎて彼のメッセージが正確に理解できません。。。なんとなくはわかるのですが正確に知りたいので分かる方、和訳お願いいたします。 自分の名前はAとしています。 I am glad that u are fine...i am good too ... i wanna say a couple of things to you! Back there, when we were at LA, i thing that didn't treated you the way that you deserve, and i wanna say really sorry aboute that A...you deserve to know that i have a lot of good memories about you and the good times that we had in LA I know that all this things happened a long time ago, but i want to say sorry to you anyway... U always were so nice to me, and back there i was to young and too immature to know that... So, this is your Brazilian friend saying sorry to you about something that happened almost 2 years ago, but still care about that...i know that we live really far way, but anyway, i wanna be ok with you Miss you A

• 和訳

Natsume Soseki went to Britain about 100 years ago as a student sent by the Ministry of Education. He was 33 years old and a professor at the Fifth High School in Kumamoto then. He left Yokohama by ship in September 1900,and reached London two months later. Britain was more developed than other countries in those days. There was already a web of underground in London―30 years before the first underground in Tokyo. Everything Soseki saw and heard was a wonder. He enjoyed buying used books,walking in the parks and going to the theaters. He wrote this to his wife: “I wish you could see the wonderful theater shows. In one show,I saw about sixty women dancing on the stage in gorgeous costumes.” Soseki’s life in London,however,was difficult sometimes. The prices were very high for him. He stopped going to college because he felt the tuition was too expensive and the classes were not useful. And being unfamiliar with the city,he often lost his way or took the wrong train when he want out to see the sights. 和訳していただけてたら光栄です。 打ち間違いをしていたらすいません。

• 和訳お願いします!!!!

どうか和訳お願いします(*_*)! Another fascinating thing about the Naxis is their writing system. It uses symbols in the from of pictures. Created about 1,000years ago,the system is called the Tompa hieroglyphs. It is the only system of hieroglyphs in the world that is still in use. The Naxis believe in the Tompa religion. Its scriptures are written in the Tompa hieroglyphs. The scriptures were a series of more than 20,000books. But now only 5,000of them remain in the Lijiang Library. In them are tales,poems,proverbs,fortuneteling,and so on.They show how the Naxis lived in old times. The scriptures serve as an encyclopedia for the Naxis,and,even today,they can read them. Thanks to the Tompa hieroglyphs, the Naxis have been able to keep up their traditions. However,the number of Tompa priests who can write the hieroglyphs is decreasing.

• 和訳をお願いします

Many years have passed. Although my Japanese is still far from perfect, I became a professional at domo-ing. I found it to be a very happy expression. Not long ago I was packing my bags to go back home for a vacation. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. My friend James was standing there. He had been in Japan for only one month and was planning to stay another two years. He was carrying a box with him. "Could you please give this little present to my girlfriend when you arrive?' He said 'little " but to me the box looked very big. I took a quick look at my bags. They were really full and very heavy. It was impassible to make anything else fit in. However, I felt kind of rude saying no. Without even thinking almost it, my face changed into an expression of worry. I said, "Sore wa doomo..." James looked at me very surprised and asked, "Why are you thanking me? This is not a present for you." I was too tired to explain anything, so I gave him a copy of this article.

• 英文和訳

If you want to know the truth about gasoline prices, here it is: the exploding demand for oil, especially in places like China, is overwhelming the rate of new discoveries by so much that oil prices are almost certain to continue upward over time no matter what the oil companies promise. And politicians cannot bring gasoline prices down in the short term bygiving more money to oil companies. However, there is one extremely effective way to bring the costs of driving a car way down within a few short years. The way to bring gas prices down is to end our dependence on oil and use the renewable sources that can give us the equivalent of $1 per gallon gasoline and we need to get busy creating that system now. Al・Goreの演説の一部です。どなたか和訳お願いしますm(__)m

• 和訳の訂正をお願いします。

だいたい言いたいことはつかんでいると思うのですが、雑な訳になっているかもしれませんので… 和訳の訂正をお願いします。 Above the ground, the Main Concourse features a ceiling painted to look like the night sky, with stars shining down. メインコンコースの特徴は夜空で地上に星が降るように塗られた天井だ。 Over the years, smoke blackened this beautiful ceiling. 数年にわたって、煙がこの美しい天井を黒くした。 Although people thought smoke from trains was the cause, it was actually tobacco smoke! 列車の煙が原因だと人々は考えたが、実際はたばこの煙が原因だった! However, it has since been cleaned and now shows its original beauty. しかしながら、それから綺麗になり、今は元の美しさを表している。 In the name of modernization, plans were made to destroy GCT in the 1960s. 近代化の名のもとに、1960年代にGCTを破壊する計画があった。 However, many people objected, and finally New York decided GCT was worth saving. しかしながら、多くの人々が反対し、また最終的にニューヨークは、GCTが保護する価値があると決定した。 In 1970, the U.S. Government agreed. 1970年には、アメリカ政府が同意した。 It made all Americans and ensuring its continued protection. それはアメリカ人およびその継続的な保護のすべての保証になった。 One threatened with destruction, Grand Central Terminal continues to give pleasure to passengers and sightseers in Manhattan. 破壊の恐れの一つとして、グランド・セントラル・ターミナルはマンハッタンで乗客と観光客に楽しみを与え続ける。

• 英語得意な方、和訳お願いします。

英語得意な方、和訳お願いします。 私ではきれいな日本語に訳せませんでした。 金融のお話です。 Looking at the trend in stock (debt), the total market capitalization of stocks increased sharply to \84 trillion ($933 billion at the rate of \90 to the dollar) at the end of 1999 from about \35 trillion ($388 billion) in the previous year. However, in the period following the bursting of the IT bubble to the end of 2002, the balance declined. Although the balance turned upward again toward the end of 2003 due to a recovery in stock prices, increasing to \149 trillion ($1.6 trillion) at the end of 2006, it dropped precipitously in 2008 to \69 trillion ($766 billion) because of the Lehman Shock. In terms of regional breakdown, the share of American investors has risen rapidly from 2007 onward from its previous level up to 2006 of about 41%. The share of European investors, on the other hand, has declined. The total amount of domestic debt securities held by overseas investors, long-and medium-term bonds and notes combined, has increased to approximately \50 trillion ($555 billion) in recent years from \30 trillion ($333 billion).This trend probably reflects the previously mentioned stability in the government bond market and expectations for improvement in bond yields. By region, unlike in the case of stocks, European investors still hold more than 50% of the total despite a downward trend, while American investors continue to hold only around 10%. The foregoing suggests that Europeans tend to favor debt investments in contrast to Americans’ preference for equities