• ベストアンサー

BBCのウェブサイトで・・・

BBCのウエブサイトでわからない文章がありました。どうか意味を教えていただけないでしょうか? They also confirmed the notion that people from different cultures all around the world use the same language, words like 'hurt' and 'pain', to describe the experience of both physical pain and social rejection. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

身体的な痛みや社会的な拒否の経験を述べるために、世界中の異なる文化の人々が、同じ言語、すなわち「苦痛」や「痛み」と言った単語、を使用するという概念を、彼れらもまた確認しました。 *** 殴られたりして物理的に「苦痛だ」と思うこと、仲間外れにされて精神的に「苦痛だ」と思うこと、この感覚に用いる単語が、概念的に世界共通だということだと思います。拍手喝采の感覚なども不思議に共通ですね。「嬉しい時」も「悲しい時」も涙を流すの等も世界(人間)共通の様です。

tanu61610
質問者

お礼

具体的に教えてくださってありがとうございます。よくわかりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

更に彼らは世界各地の様々な文化圏の人々が、同一の言語を使用すべきいう見解を確認した。例せば、 'hurt' と 'pain' という単語はどちらも、「身体的苦痛」と「社会的排斥」双方の意味を共有するといった見解である。

tanu61610
質問者

お礼

早速のお返事ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語についての質問です.

英語についての質問です. 日本語訳を参考にして、1~3の英文の()内に当てはまる適切な動詞を選択肢より選んでください。 1. Scans might () to new, less addictive pain medicines. スキャン検査は、中毒性が低く痛みに効く新しい薬につながるかもしれない。 2. The brain signatures for social or emotional pain might () different from the ones for physical pain. 社会的、感情的な痛みの脳のジェスチャーは、身体的な痛みのものとは異なるかもしれない。 3. More study could () it possible to measure headaches. さらなる研究が頭痛の測定を可能にするかもしれない。 [選択肢] make、be、lead ご回答よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

うまく訳せない部分があるので、どなたか和訳していただけませんか? 言語についての文章で、直前部分は 「例えばアメリカ人教授は10時からの授業をきっかりに始めるが、一方でイタリア人教授は10時15分まで授業を始めない。なぜならば教授も生徒も、イタリアの授業がいつも15分遅れで開始するのを知っているからだ。」 といったようなことが書かれていると思います。 訳していただきたい文章↓ ・The two cultural systems work well as long as they are separated. ・Even such a simple example illustrates that different cultures attach different meanings to the same word. ・Far too often, language causes pain, hostility and misunderstanding. ・Even today, wise parents still warn their children to watch their words. です。よろしくお願いします><

• 翻訳してください。。。

こんにちわ。英語がものすごくむずかしくて翻訳に苦戦してます。。。EXCITEの翻訳などもしようしたのですが、文章が変でわかりずらいので、教えてください! Indicate the socio-cultural complex or culture selected, name and provide a brief description of the general cultural patterns of the society or more significant societies(limit this part to one or two I.E. the U.S. and Ireland) within which each socio-cultural complex or belief system occurs. Be sure to include data on typical settlement patterns, subsistence and economic patterns, social and political organization, and the dominant religion in those societies where the complexes are found. Then, discribe the general parameters of the social manifestation of each complex selected( in other words, tell how people in the society come to know about, understand, and experience each socio-cultural complex in the social system where the complex occurs). Describe the ways in which average "folk" find out about and experience the religion of the society. 本当に長くてすみません。。。自分でも翻訳してみたものの意味があまり理解できずにいます。。。よろしくおねがいします。

• 翻訳お願いします!!

That is true... But I guess I would better if I said "I want u in my life"... Wakaru?? Need and want are two different words... I would never say anything to hurt you... 恥ずかしながら なんとな~くでしかわからず、ずっと彼とメールのやりとりを してたんですが、今回大事な感じの流れになってきたのを察し ちゃんと日本語に直していただきたくお願いしました。 宜しくお願いします!!

• BBCのウェブサイトで・・・

BBCのウェブサイトを読んでいて、関係代名詞whichの使い方がよくわかりませんでした。 In their latest study, the scientists used mist nets to collect birds from eight woodland sites around Chernobyl, which have seen a decline in the numbers of larger animals and small invertebrates living within. この関係代名詞whichは何を指しているのか、英語に堪能な方に教えていただきたいのでよろしくお願いします。 http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_9387000/9387395.stm

• 【至急】和訳お願いします。

うまく訳せない部分があるのですが、どなたか和訳していただけませんか? Today Europe faces a new flow of immigrants from countries that have not shared the experiences of Western culture. Eastern Europeans are moving west since the fall of the Communist regimes in 1989. The influx is destined to increase, perhaps dramatically, because of the changes in Eastern Europe. Immigrantion from Third and Fourth World countries is creating new social and economic problems. The impact of immigrants from so many different cultures may also undermine Europe's delicate cultural equilibrium. These newcomers have to adjust to two new cultures. They must learn to live in a society that is both European and technological. 以上です。よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 下記の英文について教えてください

I am, actually. The essence of the African American experience is we’re hybrid people, because the concept of race in America is not just genetic; it’s cultural. It’s this notion of a people who look different than the mainstream, suffering discrimination and for many decades terrible oppression, but somehow being able to make out of that a music and a language and a faith and a patriotism and a belief in this project we call America that is unique. It’s this notion からの意味を教えてください。また、最後の関係代名詞の先行詞は何になりますか? オバマ元大統領のインタビューでの発言です。半分白人であるオバマ氏がアフリカ系アメリカ人と描写されることに納得はいきますか、という質問への答えです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文のチェックお願いします

Individualism and collectivism use a different way of explaining themselves. I agree with your idea that Individualistic cultures tend to focus on the "I", whereas collectivistic cultures tend to focus on "we". I also glad to know that Coming to the school was the best choice you made so far in your life. You came from collectivistic place, but you are studying in the United States that is individualistic country. Fortunately, you can get to see both individualism and collectivism. He also came from collectivistic county, but he also sees individualistic country in the USA. he really happy to see the both aspect of which.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

A number of factors contributed to the downfall of the Imperial government in the spring of 1917, both short and longer term. Different historians apply different weights to different factors: liberal historians emphasise the turmoil created by the war, whereas Marxists emphasise the inevitability of change. Rabinowitch summarizes the main long-term and short-term causes: The February 1917 revolution ... grew out of prewar political and economic instability, technological backwardness, and fundamental social divisions, coupled with gross mismanagement of the war effort, continuing military defeats, domestic economic dislocation, and outrageous scandals surrounding the monarchy. Despite its occurrence at the height of World War I, the roots of the February Revolution date much further back. Chief among these was Imperial Russia's failure, throughout the 19th and early 20th century, to modernize its archaic social, economic and political structures while maintaining the stability of ubiquitous devotion to an autocratic monarch.

• BBCのウェブサイトの英文がわかりません。

BBCのウェブサイトでどうしてもわからない文章があるので、訳していただけないでしょうか?(できれば文法的なことも付け加えていただけると助かります) but they are calling on their case to be heard as a class action, so the grievances of all women employees can be heard together.・・・・(意味をとらえることができませんでした) It's for the Supreme Court to decide in the coming weeks whether the lawsuit should cover all female retail staff who've worked in Wal-Mart stores in America since 1988.・・・(文章の構文が理解できなかったためにわかりませんでした。) Wal-Mart says any grievances should be heard on a case-by-case basis, rather than be lumped together as one, and deny any claims of sexism.(この文章のなかのas one がよくわかりません) よろしくお願いします。