• ベストアンサー

訳し方が分かりません。

訳し方が分かりません。 that, came out of us talking about end-of-life care and talking about comparative effectiveness research, .... 最初が切れていて、主語も分からないのですが、came out of us talkingがどんな文なのかよく分からず、訳せません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

検索して原文を見つけました。 http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-june10/health2_04-13.html >I think these things -- these terms, death panel and all that, came out of us talking about end-of-life care and us talking about comparative effectiveness research, .... came の主語はthese things ですね。そのあとにthese terms と言い換えていますが。 私たちが終末ケアについて話したことに由来する、ということで、us は動名詞 talking の主語でしょう。

qwopawo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 助かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

私の印象ですが、came out of us talking ... で、私たちの間にこのような話題についての会話が交わされた、という意味ではないでしょうか。

qwopawo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 訳出願い 長文

Comparative Historical Analysis, James Mahoney and Dietrich Rueschemeyerからの引用です。 下記の部分の和訳が上手くいきません。皆様の知恵をお貸しください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Comparative historical analysis has a long and distinguished history in the social sciences. Those whom we now regard as the founders of modern social science,from Adam Smith to Alexis de Tocqueville to Karl Marx, all pursued comparative historical analysis as a central mode of investigation. In doing so, they continued a tradition of research that had dominated social thought for centuries. Even when social science began to organize itself into separate disciplines in the early twentieth century, comparative and historical investigation maintained a leading position, figuring prominently in the research of such eminent scholars as Otto Hintze, Max Weber, and Marc Bloch. Only by the mid-twentieth century did other approaches to social knowledge partially eclipse comparative historical research, going so far as to threaten its permanent decline. After some period of neglect, however, recent decades have witnessed a dramatic reemergence of the comparative historical tradition. Although important problems of analytic procedure and methodology remain,this mode of investigation has reasserted itself at the center of today’s social sciences. These recent advances derived from earlier developments. By the late 1970s and early 1980s,it was already clear that comparative historical research was experiencing a revival across the social sciences. In her concluding chapter in Vision and Method in Historical Sociology,for example, Theda Skocpol (1984a) pointed out that this kind of research was well beyond its days as an isolated mode of analysis carried out by a few older scholars dedicated to the classical tradition. Now, almost two decades later, few observers would deny that comparative historical research is again a leading mode of analysis, widely used throughout the social sciences. This volume seeks to assess the achievements of comparative historical research over the last thirty years, discuss persistent problems, and explore agendas for the future. we begin that task by delineating the distinctive features of this mode of analysis. We suggest that comparative historical analysis is best considered part of a long-standing intellectual project oriented toward the explanation of substantively important outcomes. It is defined by a concern with causal analysis, an emphasis on processes over time, and the use of systematic and contextualized comparison. In offering this definition, we intentionally exclude other analytical and methodological traits that are often associated with comparative historical analysis but that we do not consider part of its core features. For example, although many comparative historical analyses offer explanations based on social and political structures and their change, the research tradition is not inherently committed to structural explanation or any other single theoretical orientation. Likewise, while most work in the field employs qualitative forms of data analysis, comparative historical analysis is not characterized by any single method of descriptive and causal inference.

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

I'm at my wit's end over the most ridiculous disagreement with my friend. When we go out, she never drives us. She drives to my house and parks. Then she gets in my car and I always drive us to the restaurant, party, event, whatever. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. の文脈に合った訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をして、空欄を埋めてください。

I A story is not merely an image of life, but of life in motion -- specifically, the presentation of individual characters moving through their particular experiences to some end that we may accept as meaningful. And the experience that is characteristically presented in a story is that of facing a problem, a conflict. To put it bluntly: no conflict, no story. II It is no wonder that conflict should be at the center of fiction, for conflict is at the center of life.But why should we, when we have the contrast and often painful experience of conflict in life, and yearn for inner peace, turn to fiction, which centers on conflict?The fact is that our attitude toward conflict is difficult to understand.If we do find a totally satisfactory adjustment in life we tend to sink into boredom.Only when our surroundings - or we ourselves - become problematic again do we wake up and feel that rush of energy which is life.And life more abundantly lives is what we seek. III So, even at the same time as we yearn for peace, we also yearn for the problematic.Explorers, sportspersons, gamblers, children playing hide-and-seek, teenage boys choosing up sides for a game of baseball, spectators cheering in a stadium - we all, in fact, seek out or create problematic situations of greater or lesser intensity.Such situations give us sense of heightened energy, a stronger sense of life.And fiction, too, gives us that heightened awareness of life, with all the fresh opportunity to release the rich emotional charge - tears, laughter, tenderness, sympathy, hate, love, and irony - that is stored up in us and can make us feel (5) with the accustomed.Furthermore, this heightened awareness ban be more fully enjoyed in fiction, because what in actually would be the threat of the problematic is here restricted to mere imagination, and because some kind of resolution of the problem is promised. (5) 1.bored 2.satisfied 3.disappointed 4.frustrated IV The story promises us a resolution, and we wait in suspense to learn how things will come out.We are in suspense, not only about what will happen, but even more about what the event will mean.We are in suspense about the story we are reading because weare in suspense about another story far closer and more important to us - the story of our own lives as we live them.We do not yet know how that story is going to come out. We do not yet know what it will mean. So, in that deep uncertainty about our own lives, which will be echoed in the suspense we feel about the story in fiction, we turn to fiction for some hint about the stories in the lives we live.The relation of our own lives to fictional lives is what, in a fundamental sense, attracts us to fiction.

• 英文法

We go to the coffee shop. We talk about our school life. この2つの文章をつなげる時は We go to the coffee shop and talk about our school life. で and の後にwe は不要ですよね?  また、  We are talking とつなげる時は  We go to the coffee shop and are talking.  ですか?

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) When we got our first cat, rather than doing everything herself, my motor insisted that my sister and I heplp care for out cat by feeding and brushing her. This was a valuable lesson for both of us. Caring for a pet can also help children develop caring social responsibility, and that has been useful to me in other areas of my life.

• talked right over us

My husband's sister came to visit us recently. From the minute she came in the door, she talked, nonstop, for an hour and 45 minutes. She talked about her life, complained about her husband, talked about her adult children and on and on. She never once asked how we were or what we were up to. The few times my husband or I tried to talk, she talked right over us. she talked right over usはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• thatについて

There many people, including myself, who are quite queasy about the consequences of this technology for the future. We are talking about changing so many things that the risk of society handling it poorly through lack of preparation is very large. We are talking about changing so many things that the risk of society...のthatは同格「~ということ」のthatですか?

• 英文訳おしえてください泣

早急に訳がしりたいです。 どうかご協力おねがいします。 And life more abundantly lived is what we seek. So, even at the same time as we yearn for place, we also yearn for the pro blematic. Explorers, sportspersons, gamblers, children playing hide-and-seek, teenage boys choosing up sides for a game of baseball, spectators cheering in a stadium - we all, in fact, seek out or create problematic situations of greater or lesser intensity. Such situations give us a sense of heightened energy, a storonger sense of life. And fiction, too, gives us that heightened awareness of life, with all the fresh opportunity to release the rich and emotional charge -tears, laughter, tenderness, sympathy, hate, love, and irory -that is stored up in us and can make us feel bored with the accustomed. Furthermore, the heightened awareness can be more fully enjoyed in fiction, because what in actuality would be the threat of the problematic is here restricted to more imagination, and because some kind of resolution of the problem is promised. The story promises us a resolution, and we wait in suspense to learn how h things will come out. We are in suspense, not only about what will happen, but even more about what the event will mean. We are in suspense about the story we are reading because we are in suspense abouy another story far closer and more important to us-the story of our own lives as we live them. 長々とすみませんが 翻訳にまかせてもうまく訳せません。 皆さんのお力をかしてください。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

またすいません… What the scientists did in the center was to thaw small parts of the animal and look for clues-clues that could tell us more about the would of the mammoth. Another group involved in mammoth research was an international team headed by Dr.Goto Kazufumi. 長くてすいません

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をお願いします。 1.Benjamin Franklin said Heaven helps those who help themselves. 2.We arrived around 4pm, and were welcomed with scorching heat none of us have ever experienced before. 3.My friend actually said that he does'nt care about anything in life and he wouldn't even care if he was to die today. 4.Us sports stars are taking part in a new US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)extensive test program to help prove they are not using performance-enhancing drugs in the wake of several steroid scandals.