• ベストアンサー

Cameron Diaz & Kate Winslet Under A

Cameron Diaz & Kate Winslet Under A Table? In this clip, Kate who is an actress from England said "Cameron Diaz could eat me under a table"? What's so funny?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

(1)CDは食べるのが大好きだ、だから食べ潰れるまで食べてもいい。 (2)テーブルの下で、下記の他動詞の4番目の意味のことをする。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/eat/UTF-8/  このイギリスの女優は(1)の意味で言った。  しかし(2)の意味にも取れる。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1
全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

Your electric alarm clock doesn't even have to be wound, and it can be connected to your radio so that you wake up to music. Besides there are men who are clever with their hands and there are men who are not. Soccer games often continue in spite of conditions that would stop other games. 'A dog, ' said Dan, ' would be a friend. He could eat leftover food. The fifty tons of concrete now needed to make the furnace safe would crush a car flat. よろしくお願いします!

• CNNの記事について質問がありますその2

すいませんCNNの記事について先日質問させて頂きましたが、 今日の質問はその記事の続きになります。 http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/21/us.wikileaks.manning/index.html Quantico public affairs officer Lt. Brian Villiard said under military rules he could not confirm whether the complaint had been received. He said all the conditions of Manning's confinement are in line with his maximum custody status and to prevent Manning from harming himself. he could not confirm whether the complaint had been received. 彼はその不服申し立てが受理されたかどうか確認する事が出来ないだろう。 Q1この彼というのは弁護士のデビッドということで良いですか? Q2 このCouldの用法は~出来ないだろう。で良いでしょうか? つまり、この弁護士のデビッドは不服申し立てをしたものの、それが受理されるかどうかを確認する事は出来ない。ということでしょうか?どうもこの訳文だと浮いている気がしますが・・・。 "He is not being treated any differently than anyone else in maximum custody," Villiard said. "We're not treating him any differently than anyone who could pose a risk to life, property or national security." Q3 "We're not treating him any differently than anyone who could pose a risk to life, property or national security." マニングに対する我々の扱いは、他の誰とも違ってはいない。 ここまではわかりますが、 anyone who could pose a risk to life, property or natinal security.がわかりません。 人生、財産、それと国家の安全に危険をもたらす人物という事でしょうか? つまり、人生、財産、それと国家の安全に危険をもたらす他の人物とマニングの扱いは一緒ですよという説明ですか? In December, a Pentagon spokesman said that even under the restrictive conditions, Manning is allowed to converse with other prisoners, receive visitors and exercise for an hour a day. In addition, Manning has pillows and sheets made from a material that cannot be torn into strips, according to Villiard. Q4 In addition, Manning has pillows and sheets made from a material that cannot be torn into strips made from a material that can not be torn into strips.がわかりません。 pillow and sheets from a materialまではわかりますが・・・。 a material can not be torn into stripsとはどういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 中2の英語の教科書で、指示代名詞についての質問です

次の文中で、彼が That を使って答えているのはなぜですか? It ではないのですか? (中2の英語の教科書です。) Near the end of the day, I found a strange rock. When I found it, Mr Oka was walkning nearby. I asked him, "What's this?" He said, "That's an old shell. Our town was under water long ago."

• 英訳お願い致します。

A Romanian housewife who has lived in Japan since 1998, complaining about the wait, said she didn't know she could have waited until later. 今日のjapan timesの一節です。在日外国人の登録システムが変更になったようで、昨日その手続きのために、入管に大勢の人が並んだようです。、ヴィザの有効期限によっては、特に昨日並ぶ必要もなかったようですが、 she could have waited until later.が、なんと訳していいのか・・・文法的にも解説お願いいたします。

• a young man with a stall

NHK実践ビジネス英語2017年8月号Lesson 10のCollinsさんの台詞で、グアテマラに旅行へ行った人が、食品市場で屋台の青年に、グアテマラの郷土料理がどこで食べられるかと尋ねるシーンが出てきます。 He talked to a young man with a stall in a food market and asked where he could find real local food. 前置詞withは色々な用法がありますが、その中の[手段]や[所持]を表す用法があり、このvignetteの”with a stall”は、「屋台・売店」を「所有している」という意味かと解釈していました。もしこれが”at a stall”ですと、お店の人か買い物に来た人か区別がつきませんから、一語で売り手側と分かる便利な前置詞ですが、Web検索では次の例文が見つかりました。 [提携・勤務を表わして] …の一員として,…に勤務して. She's an air hostess with JAL. 彼女は日本航空のスチュワーデスをしている. この青年が、屋台に[勤務]しているとも取れますが、屋台に居る人は普通「所有者」ですよね。 しかし、同様な[所有]を表す事例を探してみても見つけることが出来ず、判断ができませんでした。ご存知の方がいたら、お教えいただきたく。 Collins: The guy who came up with the idea was recently interviewed on TV. He said that while he was on a trip to Guatemala with his girlfriend, he wanted to sample some local cuisine. But to his surprise, he couldn't find Guatemalan food. He talked to a young man with a stall in a food market and asked where he could find real local food. The man said his mother would be happy to prepare a home-cooked meal. So they went to his family's house and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. @2017年8月L10(3) ※OKWAVEより補足:テーマ「実践ビジネス英語」から投稿された質問です。

• subculture

huge subculture in Los Angeles drinking and dead.. クリミナルマインドのセリフからです。 聞き取りがうまくできなかったので抜けてる箇所があったらすみません。 huge subculture in Los Angeles drinking and dead.. の和訳とsubcultureの意味をお願いします。 subcultureを辞書でひいたら下位文化っと出ましたが、、、 日本語の意味もいまいち分からず訳さないです。。。 推測ですがsubcultureは上流階級、中流階級、などの階級の身分がかなり低く貧しい人のことですか?? もしそうならone of the most famous actress is from subculture society, her parents were very poor and she could not eat well as she was a little,言えますか? すみませんがお願い致します。

• 英文の和訳をお願いできないでしょうか

" Well, then," said Epimetheus, who was a very good-tempered child, like a multitude of children in those days, "let us run out and have a merry time with our playmates." "I am tired of merry times, and don't care if I never have anymore!" answered our pettish little Pandora.... "At least, " said she, "you can tell me how it came here." "It was just left at the door," replied Epimetheus, "just before you came, by a person who looked very smiling and intelligent, and who could hardly forbear laughing as he put it down" 心苦しい部分もあるのですが以上の分の和訳を教えていただいてもいいでしょうか? 関係詞? 仮定法?  自分でやってみてもいまいちわからなくて。。

• 和訳お願いします

I remember once when Kruesi brought in a thermopile whose alloy contained much sulphur;it was polished so brightly that it resembled gold. Edison, Upton,Batchelor and several others were seated about my testing table when Kruesi brought it.Edison took the bar from Kruesi weighed it up and down in his hand,and said to Upton,'We have it this who understood at once that a joke was coming. Kruesi appeared perplexed and inquisitive;before he could utter a word, Edison said,'I suppose the best thing to do now is to close up the whole ''shop and laboratory.'

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

東京の小学生で犬と豚の区別がつかない子がいる、という話を新聞で読んだとある人 から聞いて、いろいろと考えさせられた。この話を多くの人に話すと、みんな「まさか」 という顔をする。 A newspaper said there were some elementary school children in Tokyo who can't tell dogs from pigs. When I heard this from a person who read it, I couldn't help considering everything I could image from this. Anyone who heard this expressed their suprise on his face. いろいろと考えさせられたで少しとまりました。 回答よろしくおねがいします。

• 英字新聞の和訳と解説をお願いします。

The panel will also float the idea of raising the nation's reliance on nuclear power to 35 percent in 2030 as a "reference" for a ministerial meeting under the Energy and Environment Council, Nippon Steel Corp. Chairman Akio Mimura, who heads the expert panel, said after the meeting. 上の文のreferenceの意味とその後のforの意味がとれませんでした。よろしくお願いします。 出典http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120530a2.html

このQ&Aのポイント
  • DCP J 926Nで印刷できません50の表示が出てお困りですか?FAQ通りに電源を落として再入電しても改善しない場合、どのような対処法があるのでしょうか?
  • DCP J 926Nで印刷できない問題についてお話しします。FAQに記載されている通りに電源を落として再度入れ直しても、エラーが解消されない場合、どのような対処方法が考えられるのでしょうか?ご相談ください。
  • DCP J 926Nの印刷できません50の表示に関するトラブルについて説明します。FAQに従って電源を落として再度入れ直してもエラーが解消されない場合、どのような対処方法が考えられるのでしょうか?お困りの方はご相談ください。
回答を見る