• 締切済み

長文 英語 和訳の参考を見してください。

長文英語和訳の他人の例を見たいです。 内容は多いですが、高校生レベルぐらいです。 What makes it rain? Rain falls from clouds for the same reason anything falls to Earth. The Earth's gravity pulls it. But every cloud is made of water droplets or ice crystals. Why doesn't rain or snow fall constantly from all clouds? The droplets or ice crystals in clouds are exceedingly small. The effect of gravity on them is minute. Air currents move and lift droplets,so that the net downward displacement is zero,even though the droplets are in constant motion. Droplets and ice crystals behave somewhat like dust in the air made visible in a shaft of sunlight. To the casual observer,dust seems to act in a totally random fashion,moving about chaotically without fixed direction. But in fact dust particles are much larger than water droplets and they finally fall. The cloud droplet of average size is only 1/2500 inch in diameter. It is so small that it would take sixteen hours to fall half a mile in perfectly still air,and it dose not fall out of moving air at all. Only when the droplet grows to a diameter of 1/125 inch or larger can it fall from the cloud. The average raindrop contains a million times as much water as a tiny cloud droplet. The growth of a cloud droplet to a size large enough to fall out is the cause of rain and other forms of precipitation. This important growth process is called ‘‘coalescence.’’

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• stringf35
  • ベストアンサー率66% (69/104)
回答No.1

雨はどうして降るのだろう?雨は、地球に落下してくる他の全てのものと同じ理由で雲から落下してくる。地球の重力がそれを引きつけるのだ。しかし、それぞれの雲は水滴か氷の結晶からできている。雨や雪は、なぜ全ての雲から常時落下してこないのだろうか?雲の中にある水滴や氷の結晶は、非常に小さいものである。それらに対する重力の影響は、わずかなものである。気流が水滴を動かし上昇させるため、水滴は常に動き続けるものの、下方向への正味の移動はゼロである。 水滴や氷の結晶は、太陽光線で見えるようになる空中のゴミにどこか似たふるまいをする。何気なく見ている人には、ゴミは完全にランダムに、一定の方向性を持つことなく動くように見える。しかし実際は、ゴミの粒子は水滴よりはるかに大きく、いずれ落下する。平均的な大きさの雲粒は、直径1/2500インチしかない。とても小さいため、完全に動きのない空気のなかであっても、半マイル落下するのに16時間かかるだろうし、動いている空気中では落下することはない。雲粒が1/125インチよりも大きくなったときにだけ、それは雲から落下することができる。平均的な大きさの雨粒は、小さな雲粒の100万倍もの水を含んでいる。雲粒が落下するのに十分な大きさにまで成長することが、雨や他の降水の原因なのだ。この重要な成長過程は、「併合」と呼ばれている。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします!

次の二文の和訳お願い致します! The American is not expected to bow without question to the wishes of authority, whether it is found in family,traditions, or some organization. This is now happening in China---where disappering forests and eroding croplands are converging to create a dust bowl of historic dimensions.

• 和訳お願いします

Think of it this way. Each of us is, more or less, an egg. Each of us is a unique, irreplaceable soul enclosed in a fragile shell. This is true of me, and it is true of each of you. And each of us, to a greater or lesser degree, is "The System". The System is supposed to protect us, but sometimes it take on a life of its own, and then it begins to kill us and cause us to kill others-coldly, efficiently, systematically.

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

長めですが、長文の和訳をお願いします。(A)(B)(C)には何か前置詞が入ります。  極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。回答お待ちしています。スペルミス等あったらすみません。 Univercities in Japan,like the students they seek to educate.appear Western,though in reality they differ markedly from their counterparts in Europe and America.For example,once a student enters a Japanese college,he or she is usually sure to graduate.This arrangement is sometimes referred(  A  )as an“escalator system”;if both feet are firmly placed on the bottom step,a student almost automatically progresses to graduation.Consequently,Japanese university students do not have to study as hard as American and British students.The escalator system suits the Japanese collegians well as it seems to compensate them for the long hours and hard work they were forced to undergo during their elementary and secondary schooling.The young men and women seen(  B  )the college campuses today had to study extraodinarily hard in high school,and in some cases,even for an extra year or two in intensive preparatory schools after graduating from high school,to pass the entrance exam for entry into university.Once they begin collage,passing courses is mostly a formality and lack of motivation for leaning is widespread.Thus,the prevailing attitude in society at large as well as among faculty members and students is that collage is a place for enjoyment,a“leisure land”.Many collage students do in fact devote far more hours and energy to part-time jobs,extra-curricular activities,or personal interests,than to study.  The difference between Japanese and western conceptions of a good student,and the difference in conversation styles between speakers or Japanese and speakers of English,also figure in the cultual contrast between Japan and West.Japanese tend to think quiet,passive,and obedient youths who perform well on tests are good students.Westerners,(  C  )the other hand,admire those who challenge teachers with original opinions.American teachers,for instance,tend to ask their students what they think and why they think so;Japanese teachers rarely do this.The group dynamics among stgudents and the active interaction between teachers and students so often seen in American classrooms seldom exist in Japanese classes.

• 英語歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Early wintersの'count me in'という曲の歌詞の和訳をお願いしたいです(>_<) Half a mile out, knee deep in, hooked on a dream that is reelin' me in. Oh is this how we begin? Flowers on fire in black and white film. Curtains of rain on the pier, watching the skirt of the day disappear. Caught like a wheel in a groove. I'm crankin' it big but it don't wanna move. Count me in, oooh, count me in, oooh, count me in. The water is perfectly still. Fall of a thunderbolt waiting until when the lighting hits the lake, you'll know how it feels to want you and wait. Countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh. Countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh Countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh, countmein, oooh

• 英語の長文、和訳お願いします Part2

There is more to the lesson of the geese. The next thing my dad told me was that when a goose becomes too tired to continue the journey, at least one other goose stays with it―to watch over it until it is strong enough to fly on. My dad also told me the geese take turns in the lead position, the most demanding position in the "V" formation. When the lead goose begins to tire, another quickly takes its place, enabling the lead goose to fall back into line to rest and regain energy. Lastly, my dad said the noisy honking that draws your attention to a flight of geese also has its purpose. He told me the noise came from the geese at the back of the "V" honking encouragement to the geese in the more difficult roles at the front of the "V". The migrating geese flew on to their destination in Canada. The memory of that warm spring day on the Prairie River in northern Minnesota is melted into the memory of many similar days of my youth. But the lesson I learned from my dad that day will never be forgotten.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳と選択をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Air does not seem to have any weight because people can't feel it on their hands and heads. It isn't very heavy, but there is so much of it above the earth that it does weigh a great deal. Some people who have studied the air say that it goes 200 miles above the earth. The air does weigh about 15 pounds on every square inch of house and of every person's body. It( 1 ) many tons on even a small house. The reason this great weight doesn't crush a house is that there is air inside the house. The air inside pushes out with just the same force that the air outside pushes down. There is a weight of 150 pounds under it ( 2 ) , so that the person does not feel any weight at all. It is this great weight of the air up above( 3 ) makes the air on the earth move about in winds. Land gets cold and hot so easily that the winds on land change often. The mountains and rivers and lakes on the land change the direction of the winds. On the ocean the wind does not get hot or cold very fast. Water in great bodies like the ocean does not get warm very quickly in the summer, and there are no mountains in the ocean to turn the winds aside. The winds on the ocean blow steadily from ( 4 ) direction for a long time. (1)1 .amounts to 2.adds to 3.fails to 4. brings to (2)1.pushing open 2.pressing up 3.hanging over 4.pulling down (3)1. this 2.that 3. lest 4.it (4)1.another 2.other 3.one 4. many

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

(A)~(C) アall イanother ウnobody エothers オsome (D),(E) アenough イgood ウtroubled エwell が入ります。自分で訳した訳に自信がありませんでした。 設問もあわせて、極端な意訳をあまりしないでお願いします。 スペルには十分注意したつもりですが、もし間違っていたらすみません。    Sleep is a natural process, and although a lot has been written about the subject, it is still surrounded by mystery. It is used by(A)as an escape from the world, and regarded by(B)as a irritating waste of time; but(C)can do without sleep completely.  Our night´s sleep does not just consist of a steady phase of gradually deepening sleep. It alternates between two stages: non-dreaming or ordinary sleep, and REM(rapid eye movement)or dreaming sleep.  As soon as we fall asleep we go straight into non-dreaming sleep for an hour or so, then into REM sleep for about 15 minutes, then back into non dreaming sleep. It alternates in this way for the rest of the night, with non-dreaming sleep tending to last longer at the beginning of the night. On-dreaming sleep occupies about three-quarters of our night´s sleep, about a quarter of it deep and the rest fairly light.  It is widely believed that sleep repairs the body and makes good the damage caused by being awake. But its main function is to refresh the brain. Experts believe that probably only about two-thirds of our sleep is necessary for repairing and refreshing the brain, with the most valuable sleep coming in the first few hours of the non- dreaming period: the last few hours of sleep are not so essential. The brain can manage quite well with reduced sleep as long as it is uninterrupted sleep.  The quality of sleep is important. A study conducted in the USA looked at short sleepers, who slept for 5.5 hours on average, and long sleepers, who had 8.5 hours or more. It was discovered after a variety of tests that the long sleepers were poor sleepers, had twice as much REM sleep as the short sleepers, appeared to sleep longer to make up for poor sleep, and did not wake up in the morning refreshed. Similarly, people who sleep deeply are not necessarily getting a better quality of sleep than shallow sleepers. Deep sleepers can feel tired the following days, so six hours of(D)sleep is worth more than eight hours of(E)sleep. 以上です。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Most people feel lonely sometimes, but it usually only lasts between a few minutes and a few hours. This kind of loneliness is not serious. In fact, it is quite normal. For some people, though, loneliness can last for yeas. Psychologists are studying this complex phenomenon in an attempt to better understand long-term loneliness. These researchers have already identified three different types of loneliness. The first kind of loneliness is temporary. This is the most common type. It usually disappears quickly and does not require any special attention. The second kind, situational loneliness, is a natural result of a particular situation-for example, a divorce, the death of a loved one, or moving to a new place. Although this kind of loneliness can cause physical problems, such as headaches and sleeplessness, it usually does not last for more than a year. Situational loneliness is easy to understand and to predict.

• 少々長文で恐縮ですがどなたか和訳を教えて下さい。

A man must be a sportsman on and off the court to stay in the game. Tennis needs no paid umpires to keep order and conform the rules. The players are always willing to trust their opponents to give them fairest decision on all points. “The sportsmanship of tennis is so high that it carries with it a great value as a character builder. A man who is held up to the best and finest of his nature while on the court go off it and be a mucker. The game lifts the man to its level, or, if the man does not meet that level of sportsmanship, he drops out of the game. The keynote of tennis sportsmanship is generosity to your opponent.

• 和訳よろしくお願いします。

和訳よろしくお願いします。  Practically, no pressure can be transmitted from one ring to the next through the water phase. noは、pressureにかかっているのかtransmittedにかかってるのかわかりませんでした。  As the water saturation increases, a situation develops in which the air (= nonwetting phase) is no longer a continuous phase; it breaks into individual droplets lodged in the larger pores. A globule of air can move only if a pressure difference sufficient to squeeze it through a capillary size constriction is applied across it by the water. 専門的な文ですがよろしくお願い致します。