• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:(269)二度目 bakanskyさんへの質問)

(269)二度目 bakanskyさんへの質問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • (269)二度目 bakanskyさんへの質問 最初の質問にご回答いただき、これを検討しました。結論として、次のように指摘できると思います。
  • この文章には婉曲な表現があって難しい。大型の文章であるため、難しい。質問者は、文節が変わると、主語を見失った。
  • 全体の概容は、bakanskyさんの回答に対する検討です。このうち、(2)―dについて、bakanskyさんは質問者に分かりやすく、かなり丁寧に訳して下さいましたので、意味はよく分かりました。そこで、直訳するとどうなるか。試し訳を書きましたので、この点についての質問とし、ご回答いただきたいと思います。よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

わざわざ名前を出していただき、光栄です。 (1) > 主語はevil planned であること、かつ、plannedは受動態である点がポイントでした 実は、後で、evil planned について書いておけばよかったかな、と反省したのですが、Andromacke さんは、お分かりになられたようで、安心しました。 ただし、planned が「受動態」に相当するのかどうか、文法がさっぱりな私には自信を持って言えませんが、用語としては、別な言い方があるかもしれません(過去分詞?)。 語順を変えて planned evil という書き方も出来そうに思います。 (2) if so he will 実は、これも、後になって、ふと違う考えが頭に浮かびました。 これって、if he will so とも読めるんじゃないか、と。 「もしもゼウスさまが、そうお望みになれば」とも訳せるんじゃないだろうか、と(will はもちろん「意志未来」とかいうものでしょう)。 (d) Andromacke さんの意訳でよいかと思います。  ゼウスの目は、この城市の中で行われている、いかなる種類の<正義>も見落とさない 下記のように語順を変えても意味は変わらないでしょう。  ゼウスの目は、この城市の中で、いかなる種類の<正義>が行われているのかを見落とさない (4) > (c)このbut文は直前の文と一体のもので、段落記号’.’は’,’に置き換えて考えた方がよい。 この部分が、どの文をさしているのか、分かりかねます。 最後の But I think ... は、もちろん独立した文ですし・・・

noname#171580
質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。 あつかましく、二度目の質問をさせていただきました。   ちょっと、気になったことについて、2件述べます。 (1) and evil planned harms the plotterについて      このplannedは受動態か、能動態かについて。   「もくろまれた悪事(計画された悪事)がplotter をharmする」   と解釈されて、受動態という解釈で良いと思います。     能動態なら、「計画した悪事がplotterを」となります。   この文は「賄賂を貰った者によって、」が省略されているために、   受動態か能動態かの判別を難しくしています。結論は受動態でよいと   考えました。 (2)「ゼウスの目はいかなる正義も見逃さない」について    これは文章が'justice'となっていますので、この通りです。      そして、話の趣旨は’justice’ですから、この通りです。   しかし、この文だけを見れば「ゼウスはいかなる不正も見逃さない」   の方が、分かりやすいし、読みやすいと思います。しかし、   この場面はヘーシオドスがペルセースに '真面目にやれ’と説いている   場面なので、原文の通りに訳す必要があるようです    疑問に思いましたが、読み直すと、このように考えられます。                                 以上

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• (269)He does mischief

(269) (ll. 265-266) He does mischief to himself who does mischief to another, and evil planned harms the plotter most. (ll. 267-273) The eye of Zeus, seeing all and understanding all, beholds these things too, if so he will, and fails not to mark what sort of justice is this that the city keeps within it. Now, therefore, may neither I myself be righteous among men, nor my son—for then it is a bad thing to be righteous—if indeed the unrighteous shall have the greater right. But I think that all-wise Zeus will not yet bring that to pass. *非常に難しい。文章を句切り、語句ごとに読み解きたいと思います。また、直 訳志向ですが、最小限の意訳は必要と思われます。 試し訳 (ll. 265-266) 他人に被害を加える者は自ら被害を被る。そして、陰謀者は最大の悪事を働 こうともくろむ。 (ll. 267-273) ゼウスの眼は、全てを見つめ、全てを知りながら、これらのことに、目を配る。 たとえ、彼がそのつもりで、どんな公正も見落とさないとしても、これは、この城市 がそれを守るということなのだ。 だから、もし、本当に不公正がより大きな権力を持つとなら、その時は、私は世間から公正でないといわれるかも知れないし、私の息子も同じことだ。 しかし、全てに賢いゼウスはまだ、そのようなことを実現するつもりはないと思う。 質問;文節を句切って検討しました。 試し訳と下記の考え方について、不自然な点があればご指摘いただき たいと思います (1)He does mischief to himself who does mischief to anotherについて   試し訳;他人に被害を加える者は自ら被害を被る。 *do mischief to himself;彼自身に被害を加える;自ら被害を被る *(he) does mischief to another;他人に被害を加える (2)and evil planned harms the plotter mostについて 試し訳;更に、陰謀者は最大の悪事を働こうともくろむ。   *evil; be・dev・il 悪事(原義;度を超えた)    *倒置;and the plotter plans to harm the (most) evil . (3)The eye of Zeus, seeing all and understanding all, beholds these things too,について 試し訳;ゼウスの眼は、全てを見つめ、全てを知りながら、これら(悪事)のこと に、目を配る。  (4)if so he will, and fails not to mark what sort of justice is this that the city keeps within it. について 試し訳;たとえ、彼がそのつもりで、どんな(種類の)公正も見落とさないと しても、これは(まさに)この城市がそれ(公正)を守ることなのだ。 *このif 文は譲歩を表わし、「たとえ・・としても」となる。 (if 節中では仮定法を用いないが,《古》 では用いる) *thisは「善人が白い目で見られる世の中」のことであろうか。 *thatは関係詞、「まさに」を追加した方が読みやすいと思う。 *fails not to mark;注目することに失敗しない;見逃がさない (5)Now, therefore, may neither I myself be righteous among men, nor my son—for then it is a bad thing to be righteous—if indeed the unrighteous shall have the greater right. 試し訳1;だから、もし、本当に不公正がより大きな権力を持つとするなら、いま 頃、私(自身)は人々の間で(世間から)公正でない(といわれる)かも 知れないし、私の息子も子も同じことだ。 試し訳2;だから、もし、本当に不公正がより大きな権力を持つとするなら、いま 頃、私は世間から公正でないといわれるかも知れないし、私の息子も 同じことだ。 意訳;つぎのように修正した方がよいと思われる a)私(自信)→私、 b)人々の間では公正でない→世間から公正でないといわれる。 c)今→その時は d)私の息子も公正でない→私の息子も同じだ。 *righteous; 正しい *may neither I myself be righteousについて 社会の状況によって、「私は公正ではない」と云われるかもしれないと いうことだから、「公正であれ」と述べているように思える。 (6)But I think that all-wise Zeus will not yet bring that to pass. 試し訳;しかし、全てに賢いゼウスは、まだ、そのようなことを実現するつもりはな いと思う。 *Zeus will not yet bring that to passについて   bring to pass;実現させる、引き起こす、will は意志未来

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1文節の前半となりますので、内容が分断していると思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The house you and your soul mate will live in together will be of an old or traditional sort. It will have a lot of woodwork. And you will first see it when it is empty, or vacant with a lonely bare or neglected look that wants you to love it. It will be a good house, that will seem to draw you both. There will be something about reminiscent of a past life together, a former era. But only vaguely so, as if it stirs some subconscious memory deep within you. There will be a tree close to the house. High walls and it is a little secluded. It will seem familiar to you, for all it is not so.. You and your soul mate will help each other struggle to achieve goals in and rise in this house; which is practical and serious It will seem to you that your soul mate is Career orientated and hard working.

• then it generally is.

次の英文の解釈は、「もしモデルが、本当だというには良いように見えすぎるならば、一般的に、それは本当にそれだけ良いモデルなのだ」であってますか? If a model looks too good to be true, then it generally is. 文脈の詳細は以下の通りです。 One must remember, however, that no model is perfect, and that all models are merely approximations. But some of these approximations will turn out to be useful and lead to insights. One needs to become a critical user of models. If a model looks too good to be true, then it generally is. Models need to be checked, and we emphasized earlier that models should not be evaluated on the data that had been used to build them. Models are “fine-tuned” to the data of the training set, and it is not obvious whether this good performance carries over to other data sets.

• 英語について質問

the United Nations tells us the world population is about 6 billion at resent and that one-fith of it doesn't have safe drinking water . この文でone-fifthの前のthatは省略できないと習いましたが、なぜでしょうか? will there be enough water? でなぜbeなのでしょうか? will is there enough water?じゃだめなのでしょうか?

• If it is to get any easierの意味を教えて下さい

英国の階級社会を批判する文章の結論部分です。 Social mobility matters because it is the small gesture we make towards fairness. If it is to get any easier, politicians must be more honest about what’s needed to move from one class to another, and they have to create pathways to achieve it. Without that, their constant talk of aspiration will be meaningless, because all we’ll be left with is the entrenchment of privilege. この中の「If it is to get any easier」はどういう意味か教えて頂けませんか。

• 現在完了か分詞か?

I have it all planned. 足長おじさんの一部です。下に前後の文を書いておきました。 これは、現在完了のhaveと過去分詞の中にit all を入れたのか、have+目的語+過去分詞なのかどちらでしょうか?意訳では現在完了ぽくなっています。 Oh, it wouldn’t be fair to Daddy-Long-Legs. Nope! I have it all planned. After I graduate, I’m going to live with him and take care of him, if he wants me to.

• all (that)~

This is so boring, it's all I can do to stay awake. Be all that you can be. 上記の各文は all you need to do is (to) sign the enclosed card and return it to us. と同じ文法と考えて良いのでしょうか? all (that)と考えられる文は、全て同じ文法が使われていると思って良いのでしょうか? (only things)all that

• 和訳をお願いします

以下の英文の和訳をしていただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Love has a power. Thoughts have a power. Once you have met this man, a fate unlocks which though mysterious and irresistible, propels you together. You will be reminded of him so often in so many ways, it will be as though your mind walks down all the paths and avenues of daily life, but that they all lead back to him. Not only will you think of him but fate itself will seem to bring him continually to your attention. This bond is like a chain that forever ties your destiny, that joins your soul to his and always has, it is always there, its intangible, and inaccessible to the conscious mind, There can be something of the obsession about such love, a love that never lets you go, but it is a sweet dramatic obsession. Moving, painful at times, wonderful, and total. Once you meet it strengthens a thousand fold. All the weight of history and time, the more you think of him, and love him, the more it consolidates the karma life time after lifetime, this love is more powerful than life and death The bond is fate and even if you part it will work to subtlety always draw you and him back together to help you find each other in the world.

• 日本語に訳してください!

翻訳をしていただけるかた、 お願いいたします。 There will be quarrels, violent verbal quarrels in this relationships, from time to time. When so much bottled up anger will flare up. To remedy this is better not to suppress all the small irritations, until they explode, but to deal with them more calmly one at a time as they arise, instead of letting them build up silently and unspoken into a volcano of rage. The anger in this relationship and quarreling will seem to be triggered by some trivial thing, and will seem to be an over reaction to that trivial thing. But it is really not about the trivial thing at all, that is simply the last straw of a long build up. A load of petty that is held in mind. If you reduce the build up by tacking things as they arise, then there will be no load of anger waiting to triggered by one last thing, everything will be calmer and more reasonable. The other trigger is jalousies. If you both deal with the inner jealousy it will prevent much strife and rows.. You are competitive and trigger the other's impatience and desire to be #1. You are easily irritated with each other for not making you #1, at the same time that you are attracted to one another. The sexual energies between the two of you are strong and can be channeled into sports and or creative projects.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分は意訳していただけると ありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 This relationship will eventually make all of your dreams come true, and any pitfalls will be overcome. For your love will be strong enough to overcome all things together. all trials and tests within the relationship will be overcome and in the end nothing can break you up. There will always be a bond between you that is never broken. At times will seem sometimes to exist only tenuously encroaching on the inner world of dreams and longings, intense and yet insubstantial, at other time it will be solid passionate and worldly.