歌詞の和訳の難しさとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 歌詞の和訳をする際には、センセーショナルなタイトルを工夫することが重要です。
  • 質問文章の要点として、特定の歌詞の意味がわからない部分があり、それについて解釈する必要があります。
  • また、歌詞の和訳は機械的な翻訳ではなく、文脈やニュアンスを考慮しなければなりません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

歌詞の和訳の難しさ 2

http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/qa5384935.html の続きです。 自分の質問が説明不足だったので今回の質問きっかけになった歌詞を例にしたいと思います。 "And if your plane fell out of the skies Who would you call with your last goodbyes Should be so careful who we live out our lives So when we long for absolution There’ll no one on the line" この文に二箇所分からない部分があります。 ・まずは三行目の ”Should be so careful who we live out our lives”です ここの文では最後にwithが省かれているのではないかと思うのですが(なにかが省かれていると考えないと文として成り立ちません)確信がありません。 ・次に最後の文の”There’ll no one on the line" on the lineには複数の意味があり、ここの流れからすると「電話に出る」または「まずい状況になる」に絞られます。 単純に考えれば「電話に出る」となると思うのですが、ネイティブの方4人に聞いたところ、意見が二対二でわれました。 上の二つの文をどう解釈すれば良いでしょうか??(涙) これが問題の曲です http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWc8lGiHEc こちらが個人的に機械的な直訳で気に入らなかった、JETSという翻訳請負会社の和訳です http://www.geocities.jp/buyer02jp/kris-allen/live.html 長文失礼しました。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • trgovec
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2538/4879)
回答No.1

youtube の動画に出てくる歌詞が合っているようです。JETSはどうやら live のあたりを leave out と取り違えているようで、タイトル+lyrics で検索して出てくる歌詞は live for at が live for に、there'll の後に be が抜けています。 should be careful who we live for at our lives 「人生をかけて誰のために生きるべきか、それには慎重になったほうがいい」 本来は for からつながるので whom ですが口語では代わりに who を使うのはご存知でしょう。 There’ll be no one on the line これは同じ段落の call からのつながりで電話のイメージ(許しを請うても誰も電話に出てくれない、つまり訴えを聞いてくれる人がいない)がありますが、一方で「許しを請うてもすぐに役に立ってくれる人は誰もいないだろう」のような意味に思えます。「役に立って」はうまい訳が今思いつかないからそうしたのですが、on the line には「すぐさま;すぐに使える」のような意味があります。

tokyofrog
質問者

お礼

確かに聞いてみたらshould be careful who we live for at our livesでしたね。完全に誤植を信用しちゃってました(笑) 非常に助かりました。ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 洋楽の歌詞の意味が知りたい!

There's a lot on my mind so I guess that I'll take it one thing at a time, still sometimes I can't help but wonder why... Should I try and forget? ...even though next week it's something I'll regret. Or, should I try and make it last? 上の二つの文はあるバンドの歌の歌詞の一部なんですが、よくわかりません。どなたかお願いします。

• 歌詞の和訳がしりたいです。

竹内まりやの『本気でオンリーユー』の訳がどうしても知りたいので、凄く長くてお手数おかけしてしまいますが、どなたかご協力、お願いします。教えてください! Now let's get married No need to wait and waste our time Why do we have to carry on this way? No one can keep us apart So,let's get married right away I'll wake you up in the morning,my baby Sweeten your coffee with my kiss And in the night I will hold you so tightly Whisperin' the words you long to hear So, let's get married Why don't you ask me and stop hesitating? Just think how happy we can be You & me in a small house with a dog So, let's get married right away When you are blue and so down, my baby I'll give a smile to cheer you up But if I get sad and lonely Please hug me close and wipe my tears So, let's get married I just don't know how to live without you Maybe it's nice to have our kids some day And this is all I can say Now let's get married right away So, let's get married right away

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 1)It is a fundamental way of thinking, an essential means of becoming and remaining human. 2)Human being have always joined in groups to imagine how best to live and help one another carry out the plan. 3)The essential function of human community is to arrive at some agreement on what we need,what life ought to be, and then teach our children so that they can go on the way we think is the right way. --- 単語は調べたのですが文全体の意味が理解できません。 よろしくおねがいします

• 和訳してください!お願いします!

No one's gonna stop my flow, yeah The lilies are still in full bloom, you know? No one's gonna rule out your way So many case, da life goes on ・・・ Many minds, so many lives all the time make me so crazy Every time go every line for the mind let me go faith way No one's gonna stop beats and flow Jast a one little thing, each one of us, one another Life goes on ・・・ これはドラゴンアッシュのlife goes onという 歌詞の一部ですが友達に和訳を頼まれたんですが 自分ではとても和訳できません。 一部でもいいので和訳してください お願いします!

• これらの文を訳してほしいです!!

これらの文を訳してほしいです!! We depend a great deal for our health and well-being on the surroundings in which we live. Our house is so far out in the country that our son has no one to play weth. He looked me full in the face and started scolding me. 2つ目の文について・・ out は、be out(外にいる のoutですか?それともfar out(遠方の のですかそれとも out in the country(国内での外? ですか? 3つ目の文について・・・ これについてもin はなんなのか教えてください

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

We have been working as prostitutes here in our state and in several nearby ones. We know we need help, but we are afraid to ask for it. Hotlines and trafficking programs have called the police on friends of ours who reached out for help. How can we get help without being forced to testify against my boyfriend and our other friends? Hotlines and trafficking programs have called the police on friends of ours who reached out for help. の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• これらの文を訳してほしいです!!

これらの文を訳してほしいです!! We depend a great deal for our health and well-being on the surroundings in which we live. Our house is so far out in the country that our son has no one to play weth. He looked me full in the face and started the railway came existence. 2つ目の文について・・ out は、be out(外にいる のoutですか?それともfar out(遠方の のですかそれとも out in the country(国内での外? ですか? 3つ目の文について・・・ これについてもin はなんなのか教えてください

• この歌詞の意味 みなさんが訳すとどうなりますか?

歌詞を添付するのはダメかもしれないですが・・ この曲の和訳を見ると・・・・となっていましたが イマイチ意味がわかりません 人により意味が微妙に変わってくるかと思うのですがドンナ意味か教えてください。真剣に考えています。 よろしくお願いいたします。 それと・・・もう1つ この曲は 結婚する相手の事を想って歌ったうたですか? それとも結婚できないが大事な友達へ向けて送った歌ですか・・? What would you think if I told you I've always wanted to hold you I don't know what we're afraid of Nothing would change if we made love So I'll be your friend And I'll be your lover 'Cause I know in our hearts we agree We don't have to be one or the other Oh, no, we could be both to each other Yes, it's a chance that we're taking And somebody's heart may be breaking Ooh, but we can't stop what's inside us Our love for each other will guide us So I'll be your friend And I'll be your lover 'Cause I know in our hearts we agree We don't have to be one or the other I've been through you You've been through me Sometimes a friend is The hardest to see We always know when It's laid on the line Nobody else is as easy to find So I'll be your friend And I'll be your lover Yes, I'll be your friend And I'll be your lover 'Cause I know in our hearts we agree We don't have to be one or the other Oh, no, we could be both to each other

• 文の解説お願いします

I don't think we'll do away with homelessness,but as long as there are people without a place to live, we'll be making our sleeping bags. この文の解説をお願いします。特に言えば、一行目のawayの意味がわかりません。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) It's been said that man stands alone because he alone stands. To put it another way, the first great step for mankind was the first bipedal step taken by our remote ( 1 ). The moment we started walking on our hind legs we freed our front legs to become our grasping, manipulative hands. And with tool-making hands we conquered the world. So we owe a great debt to our feet and should cherish them as one of the most important parts of our anatomy. But what a pity, we ( 2 ) do this. Instead we abuse them horribly. We sentence them to spend two-thirds of their life inside leather cells. We force them to walk on hard, tiring surfaces. And we completely ignore their health and well-being until they are in serious trouble and send out pain signals we can ( 3 ) ignore. The reason for this is we look down on them literally. They are too far away from our specialized sense organs. If we could examine them as ( 4 ) as we study our hands, we would take more care of them. But they are at the far end of the body, and most of the time they hardly rate a passing thought.