• ベストアンサー

英文の和訳をお願いします

小説の一文です。よろしくお願いします。 Why had he begrudged her the wanderer blood drinkers who, discovering her and her company, adored her as all talked together of their journeys in the Blood.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

彼女を見出したのはその放浪の血飲人間たちなのだし、また彼女の仲間でもあるのだが、Blood においていっしょに彼らの旅の話をしながら、その中で彼女を讃えるのを聞いていると、なぜかうとましい気がした。 この文だけで、そこまでの流れなどが一切分らない状態ですから、おおよその見当で訳したものです (そもそも Blood という固有名詞が、何を意味するのかすら分らない)。

nichtsa
質問者

お礼

一部分だけ切り抜いた文章にも関わらず翻訳ありがとうございます。なんとなくニュアンスを掴むことができました! 彼女とその仲間を見出したその放浪の吸血鬼たちが、彼らの血を巡る旅の話をしながら彼女を讃えるのを聞いていると、なぜか彼女をうとましく感じた…という感じでしょうか。 ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳お願いします

英文学研究で 英語の小説を勉強しています。 訳がどうしてもわからないところがあるので わかる人いましたら教えてください。 They paraded―Gwen in her navy-blue shorts and Trudy in her puffy sun-suit―along the lake-side where marched also the lean brown camping youths from all over the globe,the fat print-frocked mothers and double-chinned fathers from Germany followed by their blonde sedate young,and the English women with their perms. 文が長すぎて どこで区切ればいいのか よくわかりません。 一応自分なりに訳してみたのですが… 日本語がおかしくなってしまいます。 訳せる人いましたら 教えてください!

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 "If we give her blood trensfusion immediately I think we can save your daughter." The doctor's words shocked Mrs Jones as she sat by Susan's bed desperately hoping for an improvement in her condition. "What kind of person would rape an 18-yaer-old girl so violently?" she kept asking herself. "And now I must pray for a miracle because we cannot allow the doctors to give her that blood transfusion." A week later the police arrested a man who confessed that he had attacked Susan. John Garson admitted he had hardly even thought about his victim's terror when threatening her with the knife. Now he remembered how the knife had somehow stabbed her when she atruggled. "How many yaers in prison will I get for rape?" he asked the police officer."Rape? We are charging you with murder,and if the court finds you guily it will be your whole life," was the reply. "Murder? But the knife only entered her stomach once. She can't possibly be dead,surely?" Then the policeman explained how the Jones family belonged to a religious group which believed it was wrong to receive blood from other peopple,no matter how sick you were. Although weak,Susan herself made it clear that she agreed with her mother. And so she had died within a few days. At his trial Garson pleaded guilty to rape,but not guilty to murdur. After all,if Susan had been given the blood she wouldn't have died. Her family's religion was responside for her death,wasn't it? The jury had a diffucult decision to make.

• この文の文法(英文解釈)がわかりません。

こんにちは、 今回は"harry potterand the chamber of secrets"[UK版]に関してです。 P.242の上のあたりの文です。 ハリーが、マクゴナガル先生の部屋で、「秘密の部屋」での出来事をダンブルドア先生、マクゴナガル先生、及びジニーの両親に説明している場面です。 その中で、ジニーが、トム・リドル(ヴォルデモート卿)に操られていたことをどう説明しようかと迷っているところです。 そこでの一文 "How could they prove it had been he who'd made her do it all." という文に関してです。日本語訳としては "ジニーがやったことは、リドルがやらせていたのだと、どうやって証明できるだろう?" となっております。 この文の文法の解釈がわかりません。 prove (that) it had been ...(that以下が...であると証明する) と考えたのですが、そうすると、"had been"の後に来るべき補語(C)がなくて、 "he who'd made her do it all"(彼女(ジニー)にそのすべてをさせた彼(トム・リドル))が残ってしまいます。 どう考えればよいのでしょうか? また、この文の"they"は、ここでは"ダンブルドア先生、マクゴナガル先生、及びジニーの両親"でよいのでしょうか? そうだとすると、"they(ダンブルドア先生、マクゴナガル先生、及びジニーの両親)がthat以下をどのように証明できるだろうか?" となってしまいます。 ここでは、ハリーが、ジニーはトム・リドル(ヴォルデモート卿)に操られていたことをどうにか説明しようとしているので、なんだかおかしいような気がします。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 参考までに、その前までの文を書かせていただきます。 "So Harry, his voice now growing hoarse from all this taling, told them about Fawkes's timely arrival and about the Sorting Hat giving him the sword. But then he faltered. He had so far avoided mentioning Riddle's diary - or Ginny. She was standing with her head against Mrs Weasly's shoulder, and tears were still coursing silently down her cheeks. What if thery expelled her? Harry thought in panic. Riddle's diary didn't work any more ... How could they prove it had been he who'd made her do it all?"

• 和訳お願いします。

翻訳機はなしでおねがいします。 Margie made a face. "School? What's there to write about school? I hate school." Margie always hated school, but now she hated it more than ever. The mechanical teacher had been giving her test after test in geography. She had been doing worse and worse. In the end, her mother had shaken her head sadly and sent for the County Inspector. He was a little man with a red face. He had a whole box of tools with dials and wires. He smiled at her and gave her an apple. Then he took the teacher apart. Margie had hoped he wouldn't know how to put it together again. But he knew how, all right. After an hour or so, there it was again - large and black. It had a big screen, on which all the lessons were shown and the questions were asked. That wasn't so bad. The part she hated most was the slot where she had to put the homework and test papers. She always had to write them out in a punch code they made her learn when she was six years old. The mechanical teacher calculated the mark in no time. The inspector had smiled after he had finished, and patted her head. He said to her mother, "It's not the little girl's fault, Mrs. Jones. I think the geography part was geared a little too quickly. I've slowed it up to an average 10year level. In feet, the overall pattern of her progress is quite satisfactory." Again he patted Margie's head. Margie was disappointed. She had been hoping they would take the teacher away. They had once taken Tommy's teacher away for about a month, because the history part had not worked.

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.

• 和訳

This picture is both beautiful and sad at the same time. The artist on the left is Chagall. His head is upside down and he looks upset. The woman on the right is Bella. Why is she crying?The girl holding the ball may be Ida,their daughter. The ball looks like the crystal ball of a fortune-teller and contains a scene of their hometown. One day in September 1944,Bella suddenly became ill. Two days later,something terrible happened. Bella died. Before that she had been living a cheerful,full life. Their happy life ended 35 years after they had first met. Chagall lost all interest for painting,art,and life. He didn’t pick up a paintbrush for the next nine months. Finally,he began to paint pictures for the memory of Bella. “Around Her”is the first picture he painted after Bella’s death. He kept this picture at his home until his death in 1985. 和訳していただけたら嬉しいです。

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

1)The typhoon blew the roof off the house. =The house had the roof (b ) off ( ) the typhoon. 2)You must show us all the tickets. =All the tickets ( ) ( ) ( ) to us. 3)He has recently been laid off by the company. =The company ( ) recently ( ) ( ) off. 4)People think that Ichiro is a great baseball player. =(It) (is) (said) that Ichiro is a great baseball player. =Ichiro (is) (thought) (to) be a great baseball player. 5)Everybody in this community knows her name. =Her name (is) (known) (in) everybody in this community. ()内の添削をお願いします。 英訳や解説を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• これは大過去?

「なんで彼は彼女と会うまでそれを食べたことがなかったんだろう(彼女と会ったあとは食べている)」というのを英文にするとしたら大過去ですか? why he had not eaten it before he met her でいいんでしょうか?彼女に会った前の出来事なので大過去かと思ったんですが、なんか違う気も…します…助言をいただけたら嬉しいです

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been working at my current company for four years. There have been ups and downs, but the biggest and most consistent disappointment is my boss’ (who is also the CEO) refusal to give market-value compensation and benefits to his employees. Compounding this, he doesn’t replace people who leave and just expects everyone else to absorb their job functions. Compounding this, he doesn’t replace people who leave and just expects everyone else to absorb their job functions.の和訳をよろしくお願いします。

• この英文の詳細な和訳と解説をお願いします。

. 現在、英語絵本の「うしわかまる」を読み終えたので、改めて読み直しているところなのですが、 ”?”と思える文が出てきたので、悩んでいます。その英文と言うのが He had actually decided to kill them but was struck by Tokiwa Gozen's feeling for her children and decided to spare them their lives. と言う文でして、和訳としては 彼(平清盛)は実際は、彼ら(常盤御前と3人の子供)を殺すつもりでしたが、常盤御前の子供に対する気持ちに心打たれ、彼らの命を助けることしました。 と言う感じかなと思っているのですが、分からない箇所と言うのが、最後の ”and decided to spare them their lives.” と言う箇所です。 ”decide to spare their lives でいいのでは? と思ってしまうのですが、なぜ「them」が付くのでしょうか?この「them」どういう意味になるのでしょうか? 「them」をつけて直訳すると 彼らに彼らの命を助けることを決める と言うような訳になってしまうような気がして、全体の意味が変わってしまうのでは? と私の英語知識では感じてしまうのです・・・・ 詳しい解説と和訳をお願いできませんでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。