• ベストアンサー

文法

ichiromariの回答

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

他動詞 sweeten ~を(砂糖などを加えて)甘くする corn syrup を加えることによって甘くなったコーラを飲む、だから with が使われます. by は ~を用いて とか ~を使って の意味で使います コーラとシロップが混ざる というニュアンスを出すためには、with が適語です

関連するQ&A

• VOA

Scientists are warning parents to avoid some infant formulas that may contain high levels of arsenic, an extremely poisonous metallic element that has been shown to cause cancer. The hazardous baby formulas are sweetened with arsenic-containing organic brown rice syrup, which some manufacturers are starting to use in place of high fructose corn syrup or other sweeteners. Many processed food products today are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. But concerns that corn syrup might be contributing to obesity has led many food manufacturers to turn to organic brown rice syrup, believing it to be a healthier alternative to the high fructose corn syrup. **Now, researchers say that brown rice syrup may be an unintended source of arsenic, a highly toxic metallic element that’s been shown to increase the risk of cancer when present in drinking water.** お世話になります。 教えて頂きたいのは**以下の日本語訳とその構造です。 よろしくお願いします。

• 文法的に正しいのはどちらですか?

How many times a day do you drink? How many times in a day do you drink? a day と in a day ではどちらが正しいのでしょうか? 前後に来る単語によって変わるのでしょうか? a day と書かれている辞書もあるし。英会話の先生は in a day と言うし、ネットで調べてみたら両方説明されています。分からなくなってきました。 よろしくお願いいたします。 

• 英訳と文法を教えてください。

英訳と文法を教えてください。 Being called does not mean you will be a juror. It just means you have to be available should you be put on a jury trial. (1)最初の文章は、『Even if you are being called it doesn't mean you will be a juror.』 といった感じが、省略前でしょうか? (2)なぜ主語が『Being called』 になるのか、この文を書いた方はなぜ主語を省くことにしたのでしょうか? (3)『does』の前の主語までがなぜ省略できるのか分かりません。 (4)2文目の『should』は、なぜ『you』の前ににきているのでしょうか?強調のためでしょうか? 分かりにくい質問になってしまいましたが、宜しくお願いします。

• something と anything の使い分け?

一般的には肯定文でsomething 疑問文、否定文でanything を使うとされていますよね。 ところが、疑問文であっても May I have something cold to drink ? Shall I give you something cold to drink ? となりますね。 これは、「~しましょうか」「~してくれませんか」と申し出たり、頼んだりするときは疑問文であってもsomethingを使うとなっているらしいのですが、 「何か冷たい飲みものが欲しいですか。」 「何か冷たいものが飲みたいですか」と尋ねる場合 Do you want anything cold to drink ? Do you want to drink anything cold ? Do you want something cold to drink ? Do you want to drink something cold ? どちらを使うのでしょうか。 言おうとしていることは Shall I give you something cold to drink ? と同じように思えますが。 よろしくお願いします。

• 訳と文法教えてくだい

A plant with a long thick orange pointed root that you eat as a vegetable is called a carrotです。自分なりに考えると、「あなたが野菜として食べる、長くて厚いオレンジ色のポイントされた(?)根を持つ植物はにんじんと呼ばれる」。pointedをどう訳せばわかりません。それとそのpointedがrootだけに掛かっているのかA plantまで掛かっているのか・・・(そんな文法OKでしたっけ?)。that節(vegetableまで)がrootに掛かっているのはわかるのですが。どなたか解説できる方、よろしくお願いします。

• 文法

文法でわからないものがあって質問しました。 自分で考えたものもいくつか、( )の中に入れました。(←ほとんどわかっていませんが…) 回答と添削、よろしくお願いします_(._.)_ (1)日本語の意味に合うように、(  )に入る適語を入れなさい。  1. その事故で、足を骨折した。   I (broke) my leg ( ) in the accident.  2. 彼はドアを開けようとしたが、どうしても開かなかった。   He ( ) ( ) ( ) the door, but it wouldn’t open.  3. 私は、彼の息子が試験に合格することを確信している。   I’m sure of ( ) ( ) ( ) the examination.  4. あなたからの便りを楽しみにしています。   I’m look forward (to) (hearing) from you. (2)各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、(  )に適語を入れなさい。  1. They believed that it is unlucky to walk under a ladder.   It is believed ( ) ( ) unlucky to walk under a ladder.  2. Do you know where I should buy the tickets?   Do you know ( ) ( ) ( ) the tickets?  3. He went to school in the storm but found it closed.   He went to school in the storm, ( ) ( ) find it closed.  4. It happened that I was away from my desk when you called.   I ( ) ( ) be away from my desk when you called. (3)日本語の意味に合うように、(  )内の語句を並べ替え、全文を書きなさい。  1. その教授はもっと質問するように学生に促した。   The professor (him / to / encouraged / ask / his students) more questions.   The professor encouraged his students to ask him more questions.  2. 私の叔父は高級車を買うために大金を貯めた。   My uncle saved much money (buy / to / as / an expensive car / so).  3. 彼女は母親から子ども扱いされるのが嫌いだ。   She doesn’t (treated / like / by / like / being / a child) her mother.  4. 息子とキャッチボールをして午後を過ごした。   I (catch / this afternoon / with / spent / playing) my son. (4)日本語を英語に直しなさい。  1. 彼女は若いときに事業で成功したようだ。  2. 彼はビデオゲームをして時間を無駄にした。   He was wasting his time playing video games. 質問の数が多くてすみません。 よろしくお願いいたします_(._.)_

• 文法(2)

【1】英文の空所にあてはまる語を入れなさい。ただし、最初の1文字は与えられている。  (1) Please (a○○○○○) the phone if someone calls us.  (2) Antonio’s (m○○○○○) tongue is Spanish. He is from Mexico.  (3) “May I turn on the light?” “Sure. Please go (a○○○○)”  (4) Please give my best (r○○○○○○) to your family. 【2】各組の英文の(  )に共通して入る適語を答えなさい。  (1)(a)Why didn’t you ( ) your promise?    (b)I ran hard to ( ) up with the marathon runner.  (2)(a)”Have you called Kenta yet?” “I did, but the line was ( )”    (b)The street was ( ) with a lot of cars and pedestrians.  (3)(a)It might ( ) me a few weeks to complete this work.    (b)The airplane didn’t ( ) off on time.  (4)(a)I don’t ( ) my money. I only but what I really need.    (b)The problem is how to reduce industrial ( ). 多くてすみません。回答、よろしくお願いします_(._.)_

• 英訳・文法についてよく分かりません。

「どこの行きのチケットを購入したの?」という文を英訳したときに、 Where did you buy a map to go? と What did you buy a map to go to? の上記の英訳が考えられると思うのですが、どうニュアンスがかわってきますか。 それとも、上記の英訳は間違っているのでしょうか。

• 文法の説明おねがいします

With the most popular big hotel now destroyed and local restaurants frequented by westerners the target of extremists — Luna Caprese, one of the few places in this Islamic country where you could have a glass of wine with a meal, was bombed in March — Islamabad's sleepy night life has slipped into a veritable coma. の local restaurants frequented by westerners the target of extremists という部分がわかりません。 今、一番有名な大きなホテルが破壊され、 過激派のターゲットとなる欧米人が通う地元のレストランも破壊された。 それが原因となって・・・・ という感じになるような気がするのですが、地元のレストランが "破壊"という単語がなく、なくてもいいんですか? 宜しくお願いします(´_`。)

• 英語訳と書く文章の動詞教えてください。

Most whiskies are actually blended whiskies.This means that the single malt whisky is mixed with cheaper varieties. These blended whiskies account for about 90 percent of total sales. Apart from this process, the reason Scotch whisky tastes different from other whiskies is because American, Canadian and Irish whiskeys are made from rye or corn, not barley. The Scots are very proud of their national drink. They are horrified when overseas visitors go to a pub and order Scotch mixed with another drink especially Coca Cola! For the Scots, it is acceptable to mix blended whisky with water or soda.