• 締切済み

ホテルからのアンケート

ホテルに泊まったらアンケートが送られてきました。同じアンケートで質問も続いているのですが、なぜか”was””were”を使い分けています。 何か意味があるのでしょうか。 1.Supposing I was here again, I would stay at this hotel 2.Supposing I were here again, I would recommend this hotel to others なぜ、片方はwasでもう一方はwereなのでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

noname#125540
noname#125540
回答No.4

先日見かけたような記憶があるのですが。 http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/qa5148749.html こちらでは解決できなかったということなのでしょうか。 「仮定法なら正式には I were だが、実際にはI wasと言う人も多い」と言われておりますよね。 "Supposing I was" に一致する英語のページ 約2,530件 "Supposing I were" に一致する英語のページ 約8,330件 (アメリカ合衆国の英語サイトで絞込み検索) 正しくは I were でしょうが、 "Supposing I was"も少なくはないのですね。 うっかり書いてしまったとか?? 日本語でもそうであるように、英語ネイティブも誤字脱字したり間違えたりするんだそうですから、気の迷いやミスである可能性はあると思います。

syuu_2009
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。イエローストーン国立公園からの正式なアンケートなので、何か意味があると思っていたのですが、間違いということで納得いたします。 ありがとうございました。

noname#172262
noname#172262
回答No.3

仮定法だから were が正解だと思いますが・・・。 was は単に文法的なミスではないでしょうか? 自信ないですけど、ご参考に。

syuu_2009
質問者

お礼

ありがとうござます。

noname#102281
noname#102281
回答No.2

1.は、私がご案内したから、あなたはくつろげた。 2.あなたが友人にこのホテルを勧めたら、あなたたちはまた来たくなる。 というわけで、wereの主語はほんとはWeだけどアンケートだからIにしてるってことか。

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

執筆者の「気の迷い」だと思います

関連するQ&A

• 仮定法wasとwere

ホテルに泊まったら以下の質問がきました。 1.Supposing I was here again, I would stay at this hotel 2.Supposing I were here again, I would recommend this hotel to others なぜ、片方はwasでもう一方はwereなのでしょうか。

• Given the French theme

This was my first stay at this hotel, and only my second stay in the Ginza area of Tokyo. Given the French theme, I was expecting a more western style hotel. The appearance was western, but other aspects were more in line with low cost Japanese hotel. given the french termの部分は、どういう意味でしょうか? ウェスタンタイプのホテルを期待していたのに、見た目だけがウェスタンで他は安っぽい日本のホテルと同じだったという内容ですよね。何故フランスがでてくるのでしょうか?

• どなたか和訳をお願い致します

I read your words. I wish we had a sweeter reunion. I just wanted to hold you close and love you. It was such a simple hope. That is how I feel. But I am still happy we met. I would like to meet you again if you wish to visit here again. I just got back here today. The truth is I miss you. But if we spend another evening together, please lets make it pure..and sweet. Especially the next time. If you would like to visit me here again and spend the night I welcome it. I could meet you here again like the place we were at before. I am free from 8pm. Infact.. If you want to meet me tomorrow (Tuesday) I would welcome it. I have a gift for you from my travels. I also miss you.

• so get at me when you can stay up love to here from you

サイトでメッセージをもらいました。でも意味がわかりません。この方はなんといっているのですか? i am looking for someone to chatt with i would love to come over there but it would be nice to know someone over there would love to here from you soon if i may ask this of you.so get at me when you can stay up love to here from you 自分なりにやると、私はチャットをやる人を探しています。私は遠いけど・・・・ すみませんが教えてください

• 直接話法、間接話法

He said, "It was not my fault." は He said it was not his fault. と言い換えることができると思いますが、 If I were he, I would say, "It was my fault." はどういいかえればいいのでしょう。 If I were he, I would say it was his fault. あるいは If I were he, I would say it was my fault.

• 話法 here→there

授業でhereをthereと変えるように授業で習ったんですが、分からないところがあります; I met him here yesterday, and he said,"I'll be here again tomorrow." の答えが I met him here yesterday, and he said that he would be here again today. なんですが、どうしてhereはこのままhereなのでしょうか? 何か決まりがありそうなんですが、分からないんで教えてください。

• 海外ホテルへの問合せメール

パリのホテルに問い合わせをしたいのですが、 英語力に自信がありません。 ・4/21~4/26 間、5泊したい ・2人利用でツインルーム、可能であればバスタブ付希望 予約前に確認したいこと ・飛行機の到着が早朝着なので、チェックイン前に荷物を預かってもらえるか ・飛行機の出発が深夜初なので、チェックアウト後、空港へ向かうまでの間、荷物を預かってもらえるか 以上のことを問い合わせたいのです。 下記で間違っていないか(伝わるか)、添削をお願いいたします。 どうぞ、よろしくお願いします。 Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to stay at your hotel between April 21, 2010 and April 26, 2010 for 5 nights. I would like to reserve a twin room for 2 persons, preferably with a bath tab. Before making my reservation, I would like to inquire if I can leave my luggage at your hotel before the scheduled check-in time and from my checkout to the departure? I will arrive at your hotel around 7:00 am ,and I will leave paris around 20:00 pm. It would be very helpful if you would keep my luggage at your hotel till my check-in and to my departure. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

• 先行詞の省略

This is the place where I was born. を、 This is where I was born. とすることもできます。しかし、 This is the man who came here yesterday. を、 This is who came here yesterdy. とすることはでいません。 なぜですか? それから、そもそも、This is where I was born. を先行詞が省略されたと考えるのは正しいのでしょうか?

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

He says he would marry me if a second marriage were in the cards for him. I've already accumulated one ex-husband, but if this fellow were game, I'd try it again. 和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本語に訳してください

遠戚のアメリカ人よりメールが届きました 私は全く英語ができないので 訳してください それに対しての返信は何といえばいいと思いますか? みなさんも 遠戚の者だと仮定して よきアドバイスお願いします at the moment i was staying at my employees place. they hired me and we were getting the visa done but they were not sure it would be finished by the time my visitors visa ended. so i had to make sure i leave before my visa expires on the 2nd of june. that is why i got a ticket home. now i am deciding on if i should come back. the ticket was round trip. now i am trying to figure out if i do stay in the usa how to pack up the stuff i still have here. not sure if that makes sense.....