• 締切済み

英語の質問

mostlyとalmostとmost ofの違いをおしえてください。 例えば、there are over fifty students in the class,and they are [   ] girls この中が、most of ではなく、mostly なのか、用法から、きちんと教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

noname#231624
noname#231624
回答No.1

mostly girls : 殆どが(大部分が)女の子 most of girls : 殆どの女の子 例 : Most of the girls there are from Japan. 訳 : そこにいる殆どの女の子は日本出身です。 そこにいる女の子全体の8割9割がたは日本から来ているという意味。 つまり、中には、アメリカ出身の女の子も混じっている。 “most of”の後には、全体を表す言葉がきます。 There are over fifty students in the class, and most of them are girls. ...なら、ほぼ同意だと思います。 (“them”は、“fifty students”を指しています) almost girls : もう少しで女の子(女の子になりきれていない?) こんな言い方をすることはマズないと思います。 There are over fifty students in the class, and almost all the students are girls. ...なら、ほぼ同意だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• mostly と almost

There are over fifty students in the class, and they are _____ girls. 下線部に mostly かalmostが入るのですが、答えはmostlyでした。どうして、almostではだめなのでしょうか?またmostlyは副詞なのにどうして名詞を修飾することができるのですか?

• 英語の質問です!

There () so it will take a long time to move. (1)is many furniture (2)are a lot of funitures (3)is a lot of furniture (4)are many furnitures He will be back () about ten minutes. (1)during (2)till (3)of (4)in He is very ill but there is () hope for him. (1)a little (2)little (3)a few (4)few () passed the test, but there were some who failed. (1)Almost students (2)Most of the student (3)Almost the students (4)Most students It was () we found the nice antique silver spoons. (1)in London that (2)what in London (3)London in where (4)in London which He () us a tale about his adventure. (1)said (2)spoke (3)told (4)talked の答えと解説をお願いします。

• 英語・・・教えてください!

How many girls are there in this class? (このクラスは、何人の少女がいますか。) を言い換えたい時・・・ How many girls does this class have?でOKらしいんですが、次のではだめなのでしょうか? How many girls are (they) in this class? こう考えた根拠はこうです。まず、How many girlsは置いといて、 このクラスには、少女がいますか、という文を作るんですよね。 だったら、be動詞でも・・・と。 これは、あっているんですか?もしかしたら、当たっていたとしても、()の部分のtheyはいるんですか?

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I come from Buenos Aires, Argentina and attend Boston University.One-third of the students who attend this school are international students.They come from all over the world, many odaf them from Latin American.There is a large, comfortable cafeteria on campus.I go there every day during school with my friends.Many of them are from Latin American and Spain.For the most part, the American students eat lunch in the cafeteria between noon and two o'clock.I rarely see any of them stay for more than an hour.They get their food and eat as quickly as they can.When they leave, the cafeteria is still full of Latinos.The Latinos linger for several hours talking, laughing, telling stories, and drinking soda and coffee.

• 下の英文のおかしいところ、不自然なところがあればおしえてください。(改

下の英文のおかしいところ、不自然なところがあればおしえてください。(改行がおおいですがわかりやすくしてあるだけなので、きにしないでください。) Some students are looking forward to a new school year because they can get a new boyfriend or girlfriend, and others are looking forward to it because it is the start of the football season. But there are some students who don't hope for school to start again. It's because they think of a boring class or a class with a lot of homework. How about you?Are you hoping for school to start again after summer is over? To my surprize and still now what I'm surprized at is that the atmosphere varies greatly from class to class in Japan. This doesn't mean there is no difference between classes in America. The only thing is, the difference is not so much. In Japan there are some classes where it's so quiet and nobody trys to express his opinion, and other classes where it's noisy and many students speak as they like. Of course most classes belong to the middle of these, that is, it consists of a few students who speak nothing and a few who always speak their minds and most other students who sometimes speak and sometimes keep silent.

• most of whom の使い方について

ある問題にて、 In my class there are 20 students, most of ( ) are from China. 答えはwhomで、解説には”20students を先行詞とするので、whomが正解”と書いてありました。 その説明を読んでもよくわかりませんでした。 whomの使い方も含めて、この解答が成立しうる理由を教えてください。

• 疑問文のついて教えていただけますでしょうか。

疑問文のついて教えていただけますでしょうか。 Today is first day of school. Which day of school is it today? と正解にあったのですが、なぜ「it」が必要なのでしょうか? There are several students in Tom's class. What kind of students are in Tom's class? こちらが正しいのでしょうか? What kind of several students are there in Tom's class?  このように「several」と「there」をいれてはいけないのでしょうか? ご存知の方、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語類義文の問い その2 です。

次の 3.a., b. の様な文は、あり得ますでしょうか。 3. a. Four windows are/exist in this room. b. Twenty students are/exist in this class. そして、上の2文が、あり得る場合には、 2. a. There are four windows in this room. b. There are twenty students in this class. と、意味が如何に違ってきますのでしょうか。

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

There is much the same range, from artless fantasy to so-phisiticated convention, in twelfth-century sculpture, still al-most entirely confined to relief. The most extreme example of stylization is the two panels in Chichester Cathedral, particu-larly that of the Raising of Lazarus. The figures have a Byz-antine formality, but the faces, with huge deeply cut eyes, resemble Greek tragic masks, and the pattern into which Christ’s hair is carved is reminniscent of early Celtic art. More characteristically Romanesque are the Twelve Apostles in the porch of Malmesbury Abbey, six on either side, much more natural in posture than the painted Apostles of Kempley, looking almost as though they were posing for a photograph, though subtly grouped in pairs and unified by the hovering angel above. There is also more variety in the draping of their robes, for though the conventional ovals, and even in-verted rainbow shapes, are there, they are only details in the overall rhythm of design.

• 英語の問題お願いします!

英語の問題お願いします! 空所に適当な語句をいれてください! 1.Harry as well as you () responsible for that accident. (1)are (2)do (3)does (4)is 2.Both my brother and my sister () studying abroad. (1)are (2)have (3)is (4) was 3.Some of the most remarkable scientists in history () not considered especially intelligent in their school days. (1)is (2)are (3)was (4)were 誤った箇所を指摘し正しい形になおしてください! 4.Most of the class members (1)[is] working (2)[people] and (3)[very] few of them ever (4)[miss]a class. 5.There (1)[has] been many (2)[cases] of (3)[the] flu in this area (4)[in recent] years. 以上の5問です! 見づらいかもしれませんがお願いします!