• 締切済み

インドの選挙についての記事

エコノミストのインドのアーンドラ・プラデーシュ州の選挙についての記事ですが次の二つの文章が分かりません。 1 The current state government seems less unpopular than its predecessor was, partly because it has managed the state finances less prudently. 2 Just by dividing the vote, however, he will make it harder for Congress, the BJP or India’s other would-be coalition-convener, a “third front” of regional parties such as the TDP, to muster a majority in Delhi. (heはChiranjeevi氏、BJPはBharatiya Janata Party、TDPはTelugu Desam Party) http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displaystory.cfm?story_id=13278390 文章1は二重否定ですが自分の訳では 「現在の州政府は前政権よりも人気があるようだ、一つには現政権は州財政をより無分別に運営してきたからだ。」 となってしまい意味が通りません。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

回答No.1

ご参考までに回答させていただきます。 文章1は「現在の州政府は前政権ほど不人気というわけではないようだ、それは一つには現政権は州財政を(前政権ほど)無分別に運営していないためである」 less unpopularとless prudentlyを上記のように訳してみました。 文章2 Just by dividing the vote, however, he will make it harder for Congress, the BJP or India’s other would-be coalition-convener, a “third front” of regional parties such as the TDP, to muster a majority in Delhi. このたび投票が割れたことにより、しかしながら、 彼は国会や、BJP、また他のインドの会議議長を望むもの、TDPのようなサードフロントといえる地域的な団体にとって デリーの多数派を集めることをより難しいものにしたといえる。 サードフロントの訳がわかりませんでした。お役にたてればと思います。

torigaraji
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文についての質問です。

似たような質問が続いてしまい、すみません。 As a practical matter, how do we determine if a state is legitimate? という質問があります。 それに対する答えになりそうな部分を探しました。 ****** Political scientists have not developed a reliable way to determine when states are legitimate and when they are not. We are much in the position of the Supreme Court Justice who said of obscenity that he could not define it, but he knew it when he saw it. Another element of practical legitimacy is whether other states view a state as legitimate. These two elements of practical legitimacy can come into conflict and create confusion. ****** 2つ目の訳は「もう一つの現実的な正当性の要素は、他の国家が国家を正当なものと見なすかどうかである。これら二つの現実的な正当性のは矛盾し、混乱を招く可能性があります。」 ということでしょうか? 一つ目がよくわからないのですが、「政治学者は、州が合法であるときとそうでないときを判断する信頼できる方法を開発していない。」この後の訳文がわかりません。 質問は… ・訳はあっているかどうか ・2行目以降の英文を訳して欲しいです。 ・質問に対する答えがあると踏んで、こちらの文章を用意したのですが、「how do we determine」に該当するか、悩んでいるところです。ですので全く質問に対する内容が提示されていなければ教えて欲しいです。(質問に対する回答は、また後日内容をまとめて質問させていただくかもしれません) ややこしくてすみません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

In 1902, after several unsuccessful attempts, he was elected deputy. He declared himself a strong partisan of the union of the Left in what was known as the Bloc, in order to check the reactionary Deputies of the Right. From the beginning of his career in the Chamber of Deputies, Briand was occupied with the question of the separation of church and state. He was appointed reporter of the commission charged with the preparation of the 1905 law on separation, and his masterly report at once marked him out as one of the coming leaders. He succeeded in carrying his project through with but slight modifications, and without dividing the parties upon whose support he relied. He was the principal author of the law of separation, but, not content with preparing it, he wished to apply it as well. The ministry of Maurice Rouvier was allowing disturbances during the taking of inventories of church property, a clause of the law for which Briand was not responsible. Consequently, he accepted the portfolio of Public Instruction and Worship in the Sarrien ministry (1906).

• 英文質問 その2

When designing Congress, what kind of representation did the small states want? What kind did the big states want? という質問に対して該当する文章を探しています。 As the country developed a stronger sense of national identity after the Civil War, and as claims of corruption in the selection of Senators grew, the demand for direct election of Senators grew. This was finally achieved with the 17th amendment in 1913. A minority of people still argue that this amendment was a mistake, and that an important check on the federal government was lost when the state legislatures’ representation in Congress was eliminated. But even though the state legislatures are no longer directly represented in the Senate, each state still has equal representation, and are so are still represented as distinct political bodies: Wyoming’s less than 600,000 people and California’s 40 million people have the same voice. Some people argue that this is undemocratic, and see the Senate as illegitimate, while others see it as important to ensure the small states are not dominated by a handful of big states. こちらの文章の1段落目を参考にしたのですが、 質問に対して、small stateは州議会の議論を求めている。ということでいいでしょうか? そして2段落目では、big stateはsmall stateが数の少ないbig stateを支配しないことを求めている。 ということでいいでしょうか?

• Jefferson Is El #34 質問04

この文章はVOAの一節です。 学習を目的に、訳してみました。 間違いを指摘して頂きたいと思います。 よろしくお願いします。 www.manythings.org/voa/history <= Back [ Program 34 ] Next => The Federalists held a majority of seats in the Senate. And the Senate voted to approve the proposal. But some Federalist members of the House of Representatives denounced it. フェデラリスト党(連邦党)は上院で議席の過半数を占めた。そして、 上院はその議案を承認するために投票を行った。しかし、下院の何人かのフェデラリスト党員がそれを告発した。 *denounce;非難、弾劾→告発/曖昧だが、仕方がない。 They made many changes in the proposal. The Senate refused to accept the changes. Without agreement by both houses of Congress, the bill died. 彼らはその議案について、多くの変更を行った。上院はその変更を受け入れを拒否した。議会両院の合意を得られず、この法案は廃案となった。 * without agreement 合意なしに→~を得られずに? *many change 変更/修正modify/少し違う? Federalist leaders saw their hopes for an election victory begin to disappear.By the summer of 1800, Thomas Jefferson's Republican Party had strong leaders in every state. It had many newspapers to express party ideas. Jefferson decided to take a holiday at Monticello, his farm in Virginia. フェデラリスト党幹部は、選挙の勝利への期待が失せ初めていることを感じ取った。1800年の夏までに、トーマス・ジェファーソンの民主共和党はどの州でも強力な(州の)党幹部を確保した。党の方針を表明するために多くの新聞を確保した。ジェファーソンは、ヴァージニアの彼の農場、モンティチェロで休暇をとることにした。 *sawに対してbegin/こういう書き方はある? *Republican Party 今は共和党、昔は民主共和党/区別 *had strong leaders 強力な指導者/州の党幹部/複数の概念ある?

• rail on

After three years my boyfriend broke up with me. It was sudden, completely unexpected, and the reason for the breakup seems to have less to do with the relationship and more to do with his current mental state. I am constantly fluctuating between hurt, sadness, anger, and confusion. My friends have been the best. I cannot imagined having a more supportive network. However, one of my friends has decided to rail on my ex constantly talking about how awful he was, etc. rail on my exはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします

Tensions escalated after a pro-Russia party,Harmony Center, won the most seats in Parliament in a snap election in September but was excluded from the governing coalition by the ruling Unity Party, which instead cut a deal with a Latvian nationalist group. "I believe people wouldn't really support this referendum if representatives of the Russian-speaking minority would have been part of the coalition," said Nils Usakovs, who is a leader of the Harmony Center party and the mayor of Riga, Latvia's capital and largest city. "This referendum is not creating problems,"Mr.Usakovs said in a telephone interview. "It is a reflection of existing problems." Latvia, like its Baltic neighbors Lithuania and Estonia and many other former Soviet republics, has de-emphasized the Russian language since becoming independent in 1991. Although Russian is the native language for more than a quarter of Latvia's 2 million people - percentage-wise, one of the largest linguistic minorities in the world - Latvian is the only state language and would-be citizens must pass a test in the Latvian language and the country's history. More than 290,000 non-Latvians who were living in the country when the Soviet Union collapsed, many of them Russian speakers, still have so-called noncitizen status, according to government statistics, meaning they cannot vote or hold government jobs, though they pay taxes.

• 「インドで住む」と「インドに住む」

「インドで住む」と「インドに住む」 はどうちがうあるか。中国人にもわかるよう説明してほしい。 わたし、日本碁をぺんきょうしてる者あるね。

• 何のメールですか?

いきなりやってきた下記メール。 何のメールでしょうか? I've heard a lot about you Eyvallah People can refute your facts, but never your feelings. A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak.Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything. All paths are the same, leading nowhere. Therefore, pick a path with heart! Evil is always possible. Goodness is a difficulty. When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. No man really knows about other human beings. The best he can do is to suppose that they are like himself. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. The Liberal State is a mask behind which there is no face it is a scaffolding behind which there is no building. The bigger the information media, the less courage and freedom they allow. Bigness means weakness. America is a mistake, a giant mistake. Adultery is the application of democracy to love. Charlie Chaplin's genius was in comedy. He has no sense of humor, particularly about himself. Capability means imagination... When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them. If the aborigine drafted an IQ test, all of Western civilization would presumably flunk it. It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. The sense of this word among the Greeks affords the noblest definition of it enthusiasm signifies God in us.

• 英文で2つ質問です

The ones with more to lose are more likely to lose them. これは、どういう意味なのでしょうか?失うものが多い人は、失いやすいみたいなことでしょうか? 文脈的にはまらない感じがするので、これでよいか教えてください。 ↓は周辺の文です。受験についてです。(placesは定員の空きのことです) He said: "It is not a case of saying that we have more applicants from state schools. Therefore, we must reduce places from independent schools. But if competition goes up, somebody will lose out on places. The ones with more to lose are more likely to lose them." また、↓の文でless than以下は、「(セントヒルダスカレッジの出願の少なさが)古典・生物・化学の2人分の定員に一人以下」と読んでみたのですが、いまいちどういう意味がわかりませんので教えてください。 St Hilda's, Oxford's only all-female college, typically receives far fewer applications than other colleges — less than one for every two places offered in classics, biology or chemistry, for instance — but gains from the university’s allocation of candidates who have expressed no college preference.

• 選挙権、被選挙権って…

選挙権、被選挙権って、拘置所にいる人、刑務所にいる人も持ってるんですか??