• ベストアンサー

英文おかしくないですか ?

この英文レベル的にはどうでしょうか ? 仕事で使ってはいますが、体系的な教育は受けてないのであまり自信はありません。多分古くさいかもとは思うのですが・・・ ----------------- Dear Mr. Smith, Thank you for your e-mail. Thank you for your delivery confirmation for new XXX pcs of product A to be shipped with our P.O. Nos. 1 and 2. If you really can make the shipment at the end of May, 2009, we will be able to close the deal with our customer. However, just in case, we would like to have your confirmation that you can produce above XXX pcs without delaying the shipping dates of already-placed orders from both International and Japanese markets. If you foresee any kind of possible delay, please let us know. We eagerly want to get the order for the additional XXX pcs, but, we cannot delay the shipment dates of other orders.

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • MayIHELPY
  • ベストアンサー率49% (335/674)
回答No.5

already-placed orders とthe shipment dates of other ordersの部分についてですが、 このようにtheの付かない複数形にすると、不特定の一部のordersという意味になります。つまり、一部のordersの出荷日は遅らせることができるという意味になってしまいます。 ここでは、「既存のどのような注文の出荷日も遅らせることができない」という意味のようですので、any already-placed orders及びany other ordersとする必要があります(anyを付けない場合は、少なくともtheを付けてすべてのordersであることを示す必要があります。)

ma3314
質問者

お礼

コメント有り難うございます。Anyを付けるというのは考えていませんでした。冠詞は苦手なとこなので、しっかり勉強しようと思います。有り難うございました。

その他の回答 (4)

• wathavy
  • ベストアンサー率22% (505/2263)
回答No.4

ところで、古臭いとおっしゃってられるのは、堅苦しいと言う意味ですよね?ビジネスなら、硬い感じでいいと思うので、なんら気にする必要は無いと思います。 体系的な学習をしていないことが、幸いして、実用的かつ簡潔な解りやすい英語だと思うのです。 やっぱり、実務で覚えるのが一番いいのだと思います。私も英文科でもないですし、我流ですので、決して無理はしませんし、意味の無いことはできるだけ避けるようにしています。 結局通じる内容に中心課題があるのであって、何語であるかは無関係なのに、道具の方にばかり気を取られて、やがて、それ自身を目的にしている気がしてなりません。 結果、使えるようになればそれもいいのですが、形式ばって正しいの正しくないのと、違う次元の話になって、最後は、くだらない意地の張り合いになる。 英語は手段で、目的は誤解のないコミュニケーションという部分で体系的な学習は正反対のことをしていると思います。

ma3314
質問者

お礼

入社した時の私の上司が、「電話ではいくら美辞麗句を言ってもいいが、ビジネス英語は100人が100人同じ解釈するように書くのが正しい。文学的表現は必要ない。」と言う人でした。この人は40過ぎて英語をやり始めた(もちろんその前にもそれなりの知識はあったと思いますが)のに、惚れ惚れする英文を書く人でした。短い間でしたが、その上司から指導を頂いたのが私の基本となっています。

• Wendy02
  • ベストアンサー率57% (3570/6232)
回答No.3

こんにちは。 英語の質問の回答とは別というか、英文がどうこうというものとは違うと思います。私は、実際の事情は良く分かります。日本の輸入商独特の雰囲気です。私も同じようなケースに出会ったことがあります。 私の目からは、相手から確実な "complete shipment" (人によっては、total shipment) のconfirmation が取れているのか、取れていないなら、どうするかの提案しかないのです。additional order のために、出荷を遅らせたくないのか、元のオーダーとadditional XXX pcs との関係が分かりませんが、確約を取ったら。もう、それ以上は当事者間の問題で、どうしようもないことだと思います。 後は、顧客に、万が一のために、猶予の日にちを便宜的に知らせておくほかないですね。言っていた納期よりも、早目に納品できる分には怒られませんが、逆は一日でも遅れれば、後々まで尾を引いてしまいます。 この文面からは、air freight なのか、sea freight なのかは分かりませんが、こういう事情の場合は、電話で担当者に連絡を取ったほうが確実だと思います。もうメールでの限界です。その上で、社内用として相手の言質を取っておくことが必要なら、e-mail を貰えばよいと思います。

ma3314
質問者

お礼

コメント有り難うございます。 今回の追加は急に出てきた話なので、サプライヤーに対してはお願いベースで 交渉するしかないと思っています。バイヤーに対しても confirmationは出し てないのでペナルティーはないのですが、営業担当がどうしても取りたい注文 なので何とかしてくれと言われているのが現状です。まぁ、それが彼の成績に なるのでわからない話ではないですが・・・

noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.2

あえて、強いて、言うなら、丁寧表現についてもう少し勉強されてもいいでしょう。 例) we would appreciate it if you can.... so that we can close the deal.... Could you... Would you.. など We'd like to もOKですが。 http://esl.about.com/cs/onthejobenglish/a/a_basbletter.htm など参照しては。

ma3314
質問者

お礼

コメント有り難うございます。 丁寧な英語というのは私も最近興味を持ちまして、色々と勉強しているところ です。色々と奥が深くて面白いですね。ご連絡頂いたサイトも見て勉強します。

• wathavy
  • ベストアンサー率22% (505/2263)
回答No.1

英語にはなんら問題を見て取れません。 完璧だと思います。 相手からは、数日猶予を見てくれと返事が着そうな内容です。 でも、そもそも、ぎりぎりに到着予定を期待されておられるのでしょうか? 船便は、通関を含めて何らかの理由で遅れても仕方ないので、もしも、次回の分を納期的に絶対遅らせたくないようであれば、エアーを採用するか、 余裕をもった納期通知で、顧客には若干遅めの通知をしないと、危険だと思いますが? 個人的には、リスクを分散するために、余裕を入れるようにしています。 何が原因で遅れるかは、天のみぞ知るです。 ・・

ma3314
質問者

お礼

早速の回答有り難うございます。 入社して英語は使ってきましたが、結構我流でやってきたのでいつも「本当に この英語でいいのか ?」という不安は常にありました。問題ないとコメント頂 き安心しました。 この船積みリスクがあるのは私も十分承知しているのですが、後輩の営業担当 が「何とかしてくれ」と言っているので交渉している状況です。困ったことに それも入札なんですよね。どうなる事やら。 一応現時点ではバッファーを見た納期回答をするよう指示しています。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。とても安くて小さいものなのでまとめ売りらしいです。 発送ができるか質問を相手にしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 We are in receipt of your below mail and thank you very much for your interest in our articles. Of course we would be pleased to welcome you as our new customer and we could deliver our articles directly from LA to your address in Japan. Please kindly note that we have quite a few customers in Japan and it is absolutely no problems to import our goods. Since you have not clarified which articles you would like to purchase we suggest to have a look at our homepage 11111 and choose the requested items. Once you will let us know which items you would like to purchase we can send you our best offer. Since most of our articles are packed in boxes containing 2 or 3 pieces we normally request a minimum order quantity of a complete box. In case of orders for less than a complete box our prices get increased by 30 %. If the order is for more than 5 pieces of one article our prices will get decreased. Hoping to have been of assistance to you and awaiting your detailed inquiry.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を予約していました。ですがそれをキャンセルしようか迷っています。相手にキャンセルの相談をしたら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 2018 Collection will not have extra quantities, only a few pcs will be send to our warehouse in Los Angeles and we will prioritize domestic customers. We strongly recommend you not to cancel your order because you will be at risk of not having any products for 2018 collection. If you wish to purchase from Los Angeles for what we have in stock now, please feel free to go over our website and send me your order. Thank you and best regards,

• 英文の翻訳お願いします。

大変でも以下の英文の翻訳お願いします。 We value you as a customer very much – we’re trying our best to accommodate you. Please contact me if we can make our systems better to suite your needs. Thank you very much for your business.

• 海外のお取引先からの英文メールを翻訳してください

ちょっと長いのですが、よろしくお願いいたします。 Good afternoon, thanks for your business. We can ship 100 pcs to you sometime the end of next week after we received the oversea shipment, this 100pcs most the sensors with 12 inch long wires and still waiting for confirm by tomorrow. And we have just located over 2 thousand pcs of the 16 inch wires sensors, most likely we can get you 200-300 pcs sensors with 16 inch wires a month if you need it. Thanks again and you have a great day! Goodafternoon, the shipment is on the way to us, most the sensors are 12 inch long but the packing list didn't have the exact number for how many pcs are 12 inch long, how many pcs are 7-9 inch, I will keep you update, we should receiving it by sometime this week.

• 翻訳お願いします。

Thank you for your interest in Tolani Collection. I have attached our Fall 2014 catalogs for your review. Our delivery dates for Fall 2014 are 7/1-10/30x. For new store accounts we do have a minimum order of 16 pcs of 4 styles or more in a size run. For example; 1-XS, 1-S, 1-M, 1-L or 2-S, 2-M. As for our Tolani "going forward" styles lines sheet. These styles have the delivery dates of 6/1-7/30x with the same minimums for the first order. For our scarves, the order must be at least 18 pcs at 2 per style/color. Also, for most international accounts we ask for a credit card for the account or offer wire transfer by bank for orders over $2000. Please provide this information.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。欲しい商品があったのですが在庫について質問をしていました。返事が来たのですが専門用語などがありちょっと私にはわかりませんでした。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 all the xxx we received from 2018 collection are sold out, we don't have any piece left even for our website. For 2018 collection AAA please revise our digital catalog and I will see if we have any left over from our orders. As I mention before, we are giving priority to USA domestic orders first. So I will try to reserve the items you want before the container comes. For STR group we have an ETA for end of March. From your previous order here are the styles that you order: BBBB,CCCC Do you still want me to send you this items? Please let me know so I can reserve those pieces for you.

• 英文のメールを日本語訳して頂けますか

以下の内容を日本語訳お願いします。 Sir,I must tell you the truth since these year we have not been able to ship cites animals to our clients due to delay in recieving document from authourities so my company is making another arrangement in other West African Countries were we can get permits for shippment, Please we are realy sorry for the delay in obtaining cites permit for your shippment but we promise that as soon as our Company finished all arrangement we get permit for your shippment We still want to thank you for your patients and understanding towards these first transaction 以上です。

• 英文を日本語訳してください、お願いします。

外国の方にムービーカメラを売って、代金の振込操作をしてもらった段階です。 Hello. Thanks for the bank information provided for the payment of your money to your account i want you to know that i have made the transfer of money to your account through Reserve Bank Of Australia online bank to bank transfer and i hope you will have got the payment approval confirmation mail in your box so i want you to get the item packed and make the shipment to my address given to you and send the shipment details to the bank for the verification of the transfer to your account and immediately the bank confirm the shipment details from you such as Shipment tracking number and the hipment scan receipt the bank will now activate you account with the remittance and you will get the money in your account So i want you to go and make the shipment of the item By EMS and Don't forget the BATTERY of the ●●● you will remove it because of LITHIUM BATTERY, And send the shipment details to the bank fast. Am waiting to hear back from you as soon as possible. Thanks

• どなたか訳してください

先日アメリカの通販で購入後に届いたメールです。 どなたか訳してください。よろしくお願いします Dear XXXX: Thank you for your recent order. You will be happy to hear that your DrJays.com order XXXXXXX has been packaged and prepared for shipment. If you received this email at night or over the weekend, please be assured your package will leave our warehouse the following business day. For orders shipped to a standard street address via FedEx overnight, 2-day, 3-day, or ground delivery service, you will be able to monitor the daily progress of your package. Please allow 48 hours for your tracking number to become active. For orders shipped to a P.O. Box, US territory, or APO/FPO address via USPS Priority Mail, we only provide a delivery confirmation number. You will be able to see when your package ships out and when it gets delivered, but there will be no scans during the time that your package is in transit. To track your shipment please click ttp://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=CJXXXXXXXUS. For more information regarding our shipping policies, please follow the link below: ttp://www.drjays.com/content/shipping.html Thank you for shopping with DrJays.com! Regards,

• 和訳お願いします

I wanted to thank you for placing your orders with us this year. For your convenience, we will be sending you online access to view all items we have available for your future orders. You can also place your orders directly online if you would like and Tom will contact you with shipping and payment details. 宜しくお願いします。