• 締切済み

imagine SV if SV の翻訳

以下はWorld of WarcraftというMMORPGに出てくる一節です。  主人公のKenjiが所属するForsakenという軍団は、Scarlet Crusadeという軍隊みたいな宗教団体に苦しめられています。あるとき、Kenjiは、敵のある機密文書を入手しました。それには敵軍の基地や指揮官たちの場所が記載されていました。  Kenjiはこの文書を上官に届けました。 "Yes, this is very good. You've done well in obtaining this information, Kenji. Hmm... names of the officers in the Tirisfal Glades... Imagine the blow we could deal to the morale of those bloody zealots if we were to kill their leaders in one swift strike."  Imagine...以下の上手な訳し方を教えてください。 【試訳】 「想像してみろ、仮に我々が奴らの指揮官たちをさっと一網打尽にするようことがあったとしたら、とてつもない衝撃を血気にかられたあの狂信者どもの士気に与えられるだろうよ」。

みんなの回答

• ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.1

回答が寄せられないのは試訳の文があまりにも素晴らしいから皆さんが手を加える必要がないと思ったのでしょう。 僕もそう思います。 でも、せっかくなので僕も僕なりに訳してみます。 前の文(Hmm... names of the officers in the Tirisfal Glades...)で その情報の中に重要な指揮官やリーダーの名前 があったのでしょうね。ですから「この重要な指揮官や指導者を殲滅できれば・・」という自然な流れになるように訳す という方法もありますね。 Hmm... names of the officers in the Tirisfal Glades  「なるほど、Tirisfal Gladesの指揮官たちの名前か・・」 Imagine the blow we could deal to the morale of those bloody zealots if we were to kill their leaders in one swift strike." 「我々が仮に奴らの指揮官を一度の急襲で殲滅するなら、我々があの忌々しい狂信者どもの志気にどれほど大きな 衝撃を与えられるか、その大きさを想像してみろ。」 なんか、あまり変わっていませんね。(笑) 参考程度にどうぞ。

greekgift
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。  なるほど、前の文で"names of the officers..."とofficersのことを口にしているので、次の文でも「leaders」を含む節を前に出し、かつ"imagine"はもっと後ろで訳した方が滑らかに話が流れる、とういことですね。  実は私も「if... , imagine...」の順で初めは訳したんですが、それなら原文もifから始まっていてもいいのでは、と考えました。原文がimagineから始まってるのは、この話し手の想像が既に「衝撃」まで言ってしまっていて、はやる気持ちが「なぁ、お前も想像してみろよ」と言わせたからではないでしょうか。ifから始めれば確かに滑らかなんですが、ちょっと整理整頓されすぎかな、と思って原文に忠実にimagineを前に出したんです。  ところで「一度の急襲で殲滅する」の方が「さっと一網打尽にする」よりもいいかもしれませんね。一網打尽には「殺す」という意味はなくて、「捕まえる」んですよね。  最後に改めて、貴重なご意見ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• pictureとimagineの意味の違いに関して

こんにちはいつもお世話になっております。 pictureとimagineという語があります。英和辞書を引くとどちらも「想像する」です。英英では picture: to imagine sb/sth: to create an image of sb/sth in your mind. imagine: to form a picture in your mind of what sth might be like. ※OXFORD現代英英辞典より となっていますが、それでも両者の違いがよくわかりません。僕の考えではpicutureの想像の方がimagineのそれよりも、生き生きとしているような感じがします。が、確証はもちろんありません・・・。皆さんのお力を借りられたらと思っております。 ご回答はお時間のある時で結構です。よろしくお願いします。

• assume, suppose, imagine

Why do animals play? Probably for fun, most people would say. But much of what animals do for fun has a far more serious side: the playtime activities animals engage in are for developing survival skills. We don't have to go to a zoo or to the wilds to see this demonstrated. Two house cats will be enough. All we have to do is watch them play for a minute or two. One of the cats 【assumes】 the role of a hunter as it stalks the other; which is the victim in this case. 【assume】と意味が最も近いものを一つ選ぶ問題です。 (1)accepts (2)plays (3)supposes (4)imagines この場合、 (3)でも(4)でもいい気がします。 調べてみたんですが、 同じように使ってもいい、という記述もありました。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします。

We can ship this item. Where in Japan, would you like this to be shipped to? Would you prefer Air or Cargo ship. To be honest, I do not see this cost no less than $1500 based in prior shipment we have done to Japan. こちらを英語に訳してください。 「送料は安くしたいので安い方法でお願いします。」

• re-imagineとはどういう意味ですか

A film editor must creatively work with the layers of images, story, dialogue, music, pacing, as well as the actors' performances to effectively "re-imagine" and even rewrite the film to craft a cohesive whole. Editors usually play a dynamic role in the making of a film. *すみません。次の語の意味が分からないので、訳をお願いしたいと思います。 layer, pacing, re-imagine, rewrite the film, a cohesive whole, (?) *凡その意味は、映画の製作におけるフィルム編集の仕事は芸術であり、  最近はディジタルも加わって、多くの分野を手掛けるようになったという意味のようです。 *すみません。よろしくお願いします。   

• 翻訳希望です

翻訳をしていただけるかた、 お願いできますか? ミスがあるかもしれませんが、 よろしくお願いします。 What will become of it long term?, For this we need to move away from the ascendant, for the ascendant is the beginning of the chart and the background the long term period of the relationship. To get the further future and find how this deep love will unfold and end we must move to another part of the horoscope. Lets come to the seventh house next, His house of marriage and see what is revealed. The planets in this area of the horoscope can reveal if marriage/ a permanent relationship is a possibility, or it is more likely to break up.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Robert was also full of praise for his new bandmate, telling Pop-Break.com, "Chester is an amazing human being. "Coming in, we knew we wanted to do this right and sing our songs the way they were supposed to be sung and move forward as a band. "LINKIN PARK will always be his first priority and we respect that. "The guys in LINKIN PARK have been amazing with all this. "Everyone likes to be surrounded by amazing people. We have a great management team, everyone's excited and working hard. We've got a lot of work to do. "There's people out there that really don't like the fact Scott isn't in the band. We have to go out there and prove ourselves. Our goal is to play the best set of songs we can play and really make that count."

• 正確な翻訳お願いします。

メタリカ.com記事です。マイブログにいれたいので。 All the Fillmore Theatre love and good vibes continue outdoors as we are proud to announce that we have been invited to headline the Outside Lands festival here in our hometown of San Francisco the weekend of August 10-12 in beautiful Golden Gate Park. This will be the fifth annual Outside Lands, so we are honored to finally get to play in the park! The line-up this year is stellar and we're super excited to sharing the same stage as the Foo Fighters, Jack White, Beck, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Stevie Wonder, The Kills, Justice, and Skrillex, just to name a few of the artists who will appear during the three day festival. Advance 3-Day and VIP Passes go on sale this Thursday, April 19 at 12:00pm PDT here: www.sfoutsidelands.com/tickets. For more information, visit www.sfoutsidelands.com.

• 翻訳お願いします。い

To break this logic I have to dream up an answer, not find one that's already there. This is generally the novelist's assignment: to go beyond the obvious toward the new, create a fresh awareness, add to the sum of available reality,crack open the frozen sea within us―however you imagine the new to be achieved. 

• 翻訳

海外で部屋を借りようと思いますが、オーナーより以下メールが届きました。 お恥ずかしながら、英語力不足のため理解に苦しんでおります。 よろしければ要約願います。 Presently, I am in the UK, {London to be precise}, This is the reason I want to rent my apartment out The only option at hand now is, if we can both go through the normal proceedure.. we can still arrive at exactly what you wanted. You can move in even if i am not there to usher you in. The processes are not much, you only need to sign a Lease document {which we can both do online}, then you need to have some documents to yourself as proof of assurance, then we proceed to the payment level and giving you a reference number {like a code} which you would take to the FEDEX head office, to get the keys, because without the reference number, nobody can get the keys except someone i give it to and i would be called to confirm first. Incase you want to be sure of how genuine the person is...this is the reason I would be willing to make available a scanned copy of my Passport and my Certificate of Occupancy, which I am not supposed to expose over the internet for security reasons.... but in this situation, we need to be sure of whom we are both dealing with. I would need to prepare the Lease document with your {Full name, Present Contact address, and Phone number}. So, I would need you to give me the information required for the form which I listed above. I would be expecting to read from you very soon.

• ヘルプ!翻訳お願い致します!

Kind Attn Mr.Taku As per our phone conversation with Mr.Oshiro of this morning, we have concluded the fact that "Hachiyo" is not in a position to perform to purchase PET RESINS as was planned.Definitely it is a great disappointment to us and we are in a dillema now as how to pass on this disturbing news to our supplier"INDO RAMA" We had highly recommended Hachiyo to our supplier due to our good long term relationship with Mr.Oshiro without any doubts and any due diligence on Hachiyo. After all the long wait we are now told that transaction has to be aborted. We vouched for "Hayicho". We yet fail to understand why all of a sudden this transaction has to be aborted when we were informed a day earlier that the lab result was positive and that we were proceeding. Honestly, to an extent we feel that our simplicity and trust has been breached by "Hachiyo"with no real explanation from them for their drastic actions to abort transaction. Yes ,we treated this whole matter in a gentlemens way and agreeing verbally on the whole matter. Hence this was a Gentleman's agreement. Otherwise if this was a different party without being introduced by Mr.Oshiro, we would have signed an agreement in the beginnng. In normal practice an agreement would have been signed with a clause of non performance penalty for the value of 2% based on the annual contract value. In this we are refering to 100mt per month as verbally agreed with a trial purchase of 21 mt. We would have also asked for a Bank Comfort Letter but also did not ask for that. However since this was a Gentleman's agreement and as per our teleconversation with Mr.Oshiro this morning, we would like Mr.So to suggest how he would like to settle the penalty on a gentleman's basis due to this situation. Please also note, the supplier had also committed to allocate these quantities for Hachiyo and supply on this basis accordingly. This was also on a verbal basis because of our relationship with them.We are very concerned now as how to explain this bombshell news. The other concern of ours is ,we are gong to face ,that our supplier might not entertain any other buyers of ours as our first trial run for the Japanese market turned out to be a disaster.The damages is one thing but more so our long years credit wth them is now at level zero. With all due respect Mr So,we feel that "Hachiyo" should also should give us a written explanation to this subject matter ( As to why they had to abort the transaction ) Kindly reply urgently as we have to answer to Mr.Ben and also our supplier as soon as possible. Sincerely, Tarlok Singh Narula // Goldy Singh Narula