• ベストアンサー

詩「Dandelion?」

昔、祖母に教えてもらった英語の詩が誰のものなのか 思い出せません。 どなたか知っている方はいませんか? 全部は覚えていないんですが、出だしは下のようでした。 「Oh Dandelion, Yellow as gold. What do you do allday? I wait ・・・」 手がかりがすくなくて恐縮です。 後は「dimpled hand」っていう単語もあった気がします。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Zz_zZ
  • ベストアンサー率44% (756/1695)
回答No.1

Grandma Anna痴 Nursery Rhymes * http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9064/annarhymes.html ================================ http://www.womenofwonder.com/archive/030100/resources.htm ==================================

iijune
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! たすかりました。

関連するQ&A

• 詩を和訳してください!

アルフレッド・エドワード・ハウスマンというひとの 詩ですが、詩なだけに、イマイチ理解できません。 わかりやすい和訳になおしてもらえますでしょうか? AS THROUGH THE WILD GREEN HILLS OF WYRE As through the wild green hills of Wyre The train ran , changing sky and shire, And far behind, fading crest, Low in the forsaken west Sank in the high-reared head of Clee, My hand lay enpty on my knee. Aching on my knee it lay: That morning half a shire away So many an honest fellow's fist Hand well-nigh wrung it from the wrist. Hand, said I, since now we part From fields and men we know by heart, For strangers' faces, strangers lands,--- Hand,you have held true fellows' hands, Be clean then;rot before you do A thing they'd not believe of you. You and I must keep from shame In London streets the Shropshire name; Severn breeds worse men than they; And friends abroad must bear in mind Friends at home they leave behind. Oh, I shall be stiff and cold When I forget you, hearts of gold; The land where I shall mind you not Is the land where all's forgot. And if my foot returns no more To Teme nor Corve nor Severn shore, Luck,my lads,be with you still By falling stream and standing hill, By chiming tower and whispering tree, Men that made a man of me. About your work in town and farm Still you'll keep my heand from harm, Still you'll help me,hands that grave A grasp to friend me to the grave.

• 詩の解釈

Edna St. Vincent Millayの"If Still Your Orchards Bear"という詩の解釈ができなくて困っています。 訳ができる方、もしくは内容の解釈ができる方はお願いします。 Brother, that breathe the August air Ten thousand years from now, And smell --- if still your orchards bear Tart apples on the bough --- The early windfall under the tree, And see the red fruit shine, I cannot think your thoughts will be Much different from mine. Should at that moment the full moon Step forth upon the hill, And memories hard to bear, By moonlight harder still, Form in the shadows of the trees, --- Things that you could not spare And live, or so you thought, yet these Are gone, and you still there, A man no longer what he was, Nor yet the thing he'd planned, The chilly apple from the grass Warmed by your living hand --- I think you will have need of tears; I think they will not flow; Suppposing in ten thousand years Men ache, as they do now.

• 詩の訳を教えて下さい・・・(2)

The Lost Mistress 迷った愛人 I. 私。 All’s over, then: does truth sound bitter それから、全ては終わっています:真実は、辛く聞こえます As one at first believes? 人が最初は信じて? Hark, ’tis the sparrows’ good-night twitter 聞け、スズメの「おやすみ」だ、さえずってください About your cottage eaves! あなたの小屋のことを And the leaf-buds on the vine are woolly, そして、つるの葉芽は、羊毛のようにやわらかく I noticed that, to-day; 今日、私はそれに気がつきました; One day more bursts them open fully もう1日は、完全に彼らを押し開けます —You know the red turns grey. あなたは、赤が灰色になるということを知っています。 To-morrow we meet the same then, dearest? 明日は、我々はそれから同じ最愛の人に会いますか? May I take your hand in mine? 私の手であなたの手をとってもよろしいですか? Mere friends are we,—well, friends the merest 単なる友人は我々ですーそう、私は最もささいなものと友達になります Keep much that I resign: 私が辞める多くを保ってください: For each glance of the eye so bright and black, とても明るくて黒い目の各々の一瞥のために、 Though I keep with heart’s endeavour,— 私が心臓の努力でもつけれども— Your voice, when you wish the snowdrops back, あなたの声、 あなたが後ろにスノードロップがいればいいと思う時 Though it stay in my soul for ever!— それが永遠に私の魂にとどまるとしても! Yet I will but say what mere friends say, それでも、私はそうします、しかし、単なる友人が何を言うかについて言ってください、 Or only a thought stronger; またはより強い考えだけ; I will hold your hand but as long as all may, 私は、全ての長さの以外あなたの手がそうするかもしれないと考えます。 Or so very little longer! または、ほんの少しだけ長く! 直訳してみましたが、このような訳でよいのでしょうか・・・。 この詩は悲しみを表しているような、激しさを表しているような感じなのですが、ちょっと言い回しがよくわからない物もあります・・・。 よろしくお願いします<m(__)m>

• 英文を和訳して下さい。お願いします

That's okay! Having friends help you can be a good way to learn. I can't wait to see how you do on your own ^^ When did you study English before? Oh, and I can't find the first email, what was your name?

• 曖昧な関係を続ける・・・

”Do you mean we could continue with our an ambivalent relationship as before?? What do you want?” ”(あなたが言っている意味は)以前のように曖昧な関係を続けるっていう意味なのですか? いったいあなたは私をどうするつもり?” っていう意味に使う、”曖昧” の単語は ”ambivalent”でニュアンスは通じますか? ここでいう曖昧というのは 男女の関係のことです。 正式な恋人でもなく、将来どうするという明確なものもなく、それに嫌気がさしてサヨナラしようとしている感じです・・・ 他に良い言い回しありますでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 詩の和訳をお願いします。

少々長いのですが、以下の和訳をお願いします。 翻訳サイトも試みましたが、いまいちピンと来なかったので…。 "It Couldn't Be Done" Somebody said that it couldn't be done, but he with a chuckle replied, that "maybe it couldn't"but he would be one who wouldn't say so till he tried. so he buckled right in with the trace of a grin on his face. If he worried he hid in,he started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn't be done and he did it. Somebody scoffed:"Oh,you'll never do that;at least no one has ever done it" But he took off his coat and he took off his hat. And the first thing we know he'd begun it. With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin without any doubting or stopping he started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn't be done and he did it. There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done, There are thousands to prophesy failure; There are thousands to point out to you one by one, The dangers that wait to assail you. But just buckle in with a bit of a grin, Just take off your coat and go to it. Just start in to sing as you tackle the thing That"cannot be done"and you'll do it. 以上よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作文のテキストから質問

たびたびお世話になります。 英作文のテキストで、 1. 結果から見れば心配しなくってよかったが。 I need not, as it happened, have worried at all. 上記の文でasの用法がよくわかりません。 as=ように、とか、時、とか、しながら、では「結果から見れば」とはならないので、ここでのasの使い方が不明です。 2. As soon as I had recovered from my illness, what must I do but break my leg? 訳はありません。 たぶん「やっと病気がなおったのに、すぐ足の骨を折るなんて」 という意味と思いますが、勘でなく文法的に読むととてもそうは読めません。わかりやすく解説していただけないでしょうか? 恐縮ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• A woman's tears にはなぜaがつくの

A woman's tears not only invoke romance in Hollywood, Mamie Parker says she's experienced first hand what her tears can do to a man. という文章の出だしの部分なんですが、tearsとsがついているのに、なぜaが必要なんですか? ひとりの女性の複数の涙という意味ですか? Women tearsでも可ですか? 原文はこちらです。第二パラグラフの頭の部分です。 http://www.voanews.com/english/news/health/Study-Finds-Womens-Tears-Dampen-Mens-Sex-Drive-113972844.html よろしくお願いします!

• この文章の作りを教えてください!

この文章の構文を教えてください! 全部知っている単語でも、やはり、きちんと文法を覚えてないからでしょうか。よく理解できません(><)外国人と話すときも、このような私にとって複雑な構文ではなされると理解できないんです・・・。以下の文章です。よろしくお願いします。 (ちなみに、これは質問の答えで参考に質問文を載せると、 Q: What are the differences between games for younger and older people?) A: Well,as you get older, the things you like, as well as the things you are able to do, change. Concerning games, I would say that children's games are ... whereas games for adults are often...

• 英文和訳の問題です

英語の問題で分からない所があります 解答が無い上に体調がすぐれない為 思う様に進められません どなたかお力添えを頂けると助かります 次の英文を日本語に訳しなさい  ・ He had something to do with the case .  ・ The fields of flowers stretched as far as the eye could reach .  ・ There is no rule but has some exceptions .  ・ She is not what she used to be .  ・ This car is superior to that one . 恐縮ですが 解説等も頂けると助かります 宜しくお願い致します。