• ベストアンサー

,andをどうすれば

His cattle were called capitale , and from that latin word we get our word "capital" , meaning "wealth". この,andはwe get our word "capital" , meaning "wealth".をHis cattle were called capitale と文と文で結んでいるのでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • miknnik
  • ベストアンサー率48% (249/513)
回答No.2

この and は文と文を繋ぐ接続後です。 His cattle were called capitale. We get our word, "capital," meaning "wealth" from that Latin word. を繋いでいますよね。 二つの独立した文を繋ぐ場合、接続後の前にはカンマが入ります。しかし単に動詞を連ねる場合には入りません。 We talked for hours and ended up missing our flight. 句読点をもう少し入れるなら、 His cattle were called capitale, and, from that Latin word, we get our word, "capital," meaning "wealth." となると思います。 下記に単文、重文の説明(英語ですが)があり、例文を見れば正しい句読点の入れ方がわかると思います。

参考URL:
http://www.midlakes.org/greatbeginnings/sentence2.html
全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• ecoshopQ
  • ベストアンサー率10% (18/172)
回答No.1

そのとおりです。 カンマが付いていますが、これは直前のcapitaleとの グルーピングを切るためのescapingと呼ばれる書法で す。はっきりと語を隔離するために使われます。

abcsuugaku
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます from that latin word はただの副詞句でmeaning は準動詞の動名詞でいいのでしょうか? 重ね重ねすみません。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 関係代名詞について

関係代名詞について 下記3つの文を一つの文に書き換えるには、どうしたら良いでしょうか? About ten students were chosen. Two were from our class. Five were from his class.

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の解説をお願いします。 I looked into this and found that when renovations were being done at our office from mid-January to early February, we had several problems with our server, and e-mails that we thought were being sent were actually being lost. この文で使われているwe thoughtは挿入でしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文について

According to Mancur Olson and Jared Diamond, what is the tradeoff we et from having states? という質問がありました。 授業でつかっている教科書には the benefits we get from it are what the state pays us for our acquiescence to its claim of authority. とありました。 その答えの選択肢で They provide benefits such as protection from invasion but take wealth from the pople in exchange. とあったり、答えはこれだと考えたのですがあっていますか? ちなみに他には ・They take our wealth but provide nothing in exchange. ・They build roads and provides schools, but limit our rights to free expression. です。 わかる方回答お願いします。

• on our end

Yesterday my husband and I spent three hours on the road, traveling from our home to our nephew's college football game. We told my sister we planned to attend his game and gave up tickets to a Division I game in our hometown. I called my sister on the way there to ask whether she could save us seats. It was then that I found out she wouldn't be attending her son's game. Instead, she had gotten tickets to the game we were missing. The weather was perfect. The tickets cost only $5 each. And our nephew played about half the game. The problem occurred after the game, when we stood on the field. We were next to my brother-in-law, waiting to greet our nephew, but we were completely ignored the whole time. First my nephew stopped at the other end of the field to greet his girlfriend. He finally appeared on our end and stopped on the right side of us to greet his friends and their father. on our endはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• As the expression goesとは?

以下の英文の和訳をおねがいできればと思います。 As the expression goes, we spend our youth attaining wealth, and our wealth attaining youth. 特に As the expression goes とは? よろしくお願いします。

• 経歴詐称の政治家についての文章

添削してほしいんですが、元の日本文が、 「私たちは彼の自称している経歴と、やさしそうな物腰にまんまと騙されてしまった。」 なんですが、その英訳として、 We were neatly taken in him with his career called by himself and in his kindly manner. を考えたのですが、間違っている所があったら直していただけますか。また、もっと適切な英文があったらそれも教えて下さい。 辞書に載っている例文をつなぎ合わせて作った文章なので自信がいまいちなのです。

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• TIMEの質問-1

たびたびお世話になります。あつかましくもまた質問させていただきます。 >The Indian High Commissioner was called in today, and we handed in our investigation. We have shared it with our friends abroad, the European Union, China and the rest. We have some questions post our investigation. We wanted Indian input and help." 最後から2番目の文のpostなのですが、postの意味がいろいろありわかりません。 >"The perpetrators planned, trained and launched their attacks from Pakistan, and the organizers were and remain clients and creations of the ISI," he told a conference last week in Paris, provoking fury among the Pakistani establishment. the organizers [were&remain] [clients&creations] of the ISI ということなのだろうと思うのですが、 首謀者はかつて、そして今でもISIの依頼者でもあり創作品である creationというのはその組織によって鍛えられたという意味と思いますが、clients?となぜ並列されているのか今ひとつ状況がわかりません。また、なぜwereとremainに分けているのでしょう?areとかhave beenとはどう違うのでしょうか? 大変恐縮ですが、お分かりの方 ご教示ください。 よろしくお願いします。 元記事 http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1879240,00.html

• 英語についての質問

政治関連の質問が続いてしまいすみません。 According to Mancur Olson and Jared Diamond, what is the tradeoff we get from having states? という質問があり、 In both Olson’s and Diamond’s perspective the state is a tradeoff – the benefits we get from it are what the state pays us for our acquiescence to its claim of authority. As Diamond suggests, the benefits we get from the state and the benefits the state gets from us are inseparable. ここが回答になる部分かな、と考えているのですが We get the benefits for our acquiescence to state claim of authority from them to having it. 「国家が権限主張を黙認した場合、それ(国家)を持っていることで、我々は国家から利益を得る。 」 といった回答でいいでしょうか? * もし質問と的外れのことを言っていれば教えて欲しいです。 回答があっていれば、こちらの文章を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

We have been working as prostitutes here in our state and in several nearby ones. We know we need help, but we are afraid to ask for it. Hotlines and trafficking programs have called the police on friends of ours who reached out for help. How can we get help without being forced to testify against my boyfriend and our other friends? Hotlines and trafficking programs have called the police on friends of ours who reached out for help. の和訳をよろしくお願いします