• ベストアンサー

経歴詐称の政治家についての文章

添削してほしいんですが、元の日本文が、 「私たちは彼の自称している経歴と、やさしそうな物腰にまんまと騙されてしまった。」 なんですが、その英訳として、 We were neatly taken in him with his career called by himself and in his kindly manner. を考えたのですが、間違っている所があったら直していただけますか。また、もっと適切な英文があったらそれも教えて下さい。 辞書に載っている例文をつなぎ合わせて作った文章なので自信がいまいちなのです。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • CATLIN
  • ベストアンサー率48% (279/577)
回答No.1

We were entirely cheated by his fabricated academic background and his polite manner. fabricate academic background は学歴詐称、 やさしそうな物腰はPolite manner としました。

noname#9707
質問者

お礼

回答いただきありがとうございます。 なるほど、fabricate academic backgroundで「学歴詐称」と言うんですね。fabricateって「でっち上げる」とゆう意味なんですね。 polite mannerで「やさしそうな物腰」でいいんですか。politeという言葉の中に「やさしい」という意味合いがあるのですね。 「学歴詐称」だけでなく、自称している経歴がいろいろな面で「怪しい」場合にはどういう風に言ったらいいのでしょうか。fabricate his backgroundでいいんでしょうか。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の表現が難しい文章を日本語訳してほしいです。

英語の本を訳さないといけないのですが、ここの部分がわからないので日本語訳してほしいです。長文でお手数ですが、よろしくお願い致します。 At this time there was still a widespread prejudice against the Catholic Church in the mind of the average Englishman, inherited from the religious controversies of the sixteenth century. Newman himself had shared in this prejudice during his Anglican days; and it was only after long and careful thought, as outlined in his Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, that he came to dispel his doubts. Many of his contemporaries were naturally unable to understand his conversion; and some even ventured to call in question the sincerity of his motives. Among the latter was the Victorian novelist, Charles Kingsley, who remarked that Newman did not seem to consider truth a necessary virtue. In order to defend not only his own integrity, but also the position of the Catholic Church, he set forth the history of his religious opinions in a new kind of spiritual autobiography, with the Latin title Apologia pro Vita Sua. In this book, which soon became a Christian classic, comparable to St. Augustine's Confessions and Pascal's Pensees, he exposed the deepest motives of his life, from the time of his first religious conversion, showing how he had been led from step to step by the "kindly light" shining in his conscience. From first to last, in the depths of his mind and heart there is a fundamental awareness-akin to Descartes' philosophical intuition, but on the religious level-of "two luminous beings", himself and God. He is conscious not only of his own individual being-as in Descartes'" Cogito, ergo sum"-but also of the divine being within him and above him. This twofold awareness he discerns in his conscience, as the part of his being within which God speaks to him in an intimately personal encounter. What he finds in himself, he also receives from the Christian tradition-both Catholic and Protestant. It implies the twofold question, asked long ago by St. Augustine: " Who am I?"and "Who art Thou?"; and it finds the answer to each question in a loving union between the soul and God.

• 英文について質問

The bullet penetrated his chest,leaving him in critical condition 質問:この例文に対応した単語に「be in... condtion」というものがありました。でもこの例文ではbeがありません。それどころか、leavingがあります。何故ですか? 分詞構文であることはわかるのですが、、beが無いのがひっかかりました。、 質問2:The bullet penetrated his chest,leaving him in critical conditionの文を分詞構文でない形に書き換えたら、 The bullet penetrated his chest and was leaving him in critical conditionですか?つまり、be 動詞ingのように過去進行形を作れ、それを分詞構文の形書き換えたのが例文ということですか? 質問3:この英文のinは、「((状態))…の状態で」のように状態を表す用法ですか?

• 高校生です。

高校生です。 小説をやくしているのですがイマイチしっくりと訳せない英文がでてきたので教えてください。 They were dreaming of golden beaches as the gray, cold spring of New York vanished behaind them. ~,his dusty face hiding his age, dressed in a plain browu suit that did not fit him.

• 一行です。英訳を教えてくださいm(_ _)m

一行です。英訳を教えてくださいm(_ _)m 「彼は、彼らによって、足の指の爪を全て剥がされた。」 の英訳を教えてください。 以下、私が英作してみました。 All nails of his toes were torn by them. で、いいのでしょうか? 添削してもらえると嬉しいです^^; すいませんが、お願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英熟語の質問です。

参考書に "be in ... condition "で" ... な状態[の程度]である"と紹介されていました。 例文には The bullet penetrated his chest,leaving him in crtical condition. とあり、"be" はどこにいっちゃたのかなぁと不思議におもいました。 "-,leaving him being in critical condition."ではまずいのでしょうか。 回答よろしくおねがいします。:D

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

His talents went into his hobbies, which were book-collecting and gardening; for his career he had accepted a routine occu pation and was quite content to be a bank manager in that town. His wife his become irritated at his lack of enterprise, and she was a little jealous and impatient of his hobbies his, which enclosed him in himself, as hobbies do, and, so she thought she got him nowhere. L.P.HARTLEY, The Go-Betrween 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m できるだけ丁寧に教えて頂けると嬉しいです😭

• 英語の質問

(1)before と in front of wake と awake start to と begin to それぞれの用法やちがいが分かりません。 (2)I dont like him boasting of his success in business.はあっていますか?例文ではhimがhisになってました。 (3)文中のthatが省略されるときってどんな場合なのでしょうか? (4)that節、 to~、ing系など、形がとれるものと取れない動詞がありますが、あれは自分で調べてこつこつ覚えるしかないのでしょうか?

• 和訳

The Leales were very worried about Soseki’s mental problems. They recommended him to try bike-riding,a popular hobby in Britain at the time. Soseki followed their advice and began bike-riding. His cycling trips through the parks let him get back in touch with the world around him. This may have helped his mental condition. He even wrote about his poor cycling skills in a comical essay,”A Bike-riding Journal.” Thanks to the kindness of the people around him,Soseki recovered. In October 1902,he took a trip to Scotland for a week. It was his only sightseeing trip while in Britain,and he had a wonderful time. He finally felt some joy come back to his life. In December of that year,with 400 books he had bought,he left for Japan,returning in late January 1903. In one essay Soseki wrote: “My two years in London were the most unhappy two years of my life.” Soseki suffered a lot,but out of his suffering he learned many precious things that were later reflected in his writing. 以下の質問に英語で答えなさい。 1, Why did he start bike-riding? 2, When and where did he go sightseeing in Britain? 3, As he himself wrote,do you think his two years in London meant nothing to him? 和訳と問題をお願いします。

• 下記英文で質問があります

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/02/15/italy.party/index.html?iref=NS1 CNNの記事です。 "Yes. A couple of times. I think I called him as well to let him know how the things were going and obviously he was quite worried as well because, I mean, we were young girls in the questura so I called him to let him know that everything was OK. That we were OK, that the girl was OK and how things were going." この文章がどうも読み下せません。意味を教えてください。 "He sings. He tells stories, any type of stories, I mean even personal stories, of his experience of politics, humorous stories, that is a little bit of how the evenings were," she said. "I mean, nothing lurid in any way." この文章の、a little bit of how the evening wereがよくわかりません。ここを教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 文章読み取り問題です。

"thesunsetwasveryred"の心情を述べよ、という問題です。 His handwriting in particular seemed to emphasize his need for attachment and his hear of separation, He would write long paragraphs of sentences which were made up of words joined together(e.g."thesunsetwasveryred"). Dispite attempts to help him to space his words, he found it difficult, and because angry and distressed when help was offered. 私は、「怒りとストレスを感じている」と回答しました。 dispiteと書かれているので、読み取る箇所はこれで正しいはずです。 ただ、こうした文章読み取りの問題はまったく未経験で、回答に自信がもてず悩んでいます。 私の回答が正しいかどうか教えて下さい。 もし違っているのであれば、どう解釈すればよかったのか教えて下さい。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • スマートフォンを紛失した場合、位置情報共有している端末で最後に位置情報が発信された場所を特定する方法について調べました。
  • 画像を縮小しても特定できない場合は、他の方法で紛失したスマートフォンの場所を調べる必要があります。
  • 紛失したスマートフォンを調べるためには、セキュリティアプリやIMEI番号を利用することが有効です。
回答を見る