• ベストアンサー

woo-woo practiceの日本語訳を教えてください。

woo-woo practiceの日本語訳を教えてください。英文は、「No woo-woo practices around energy fields, no prayer, no metaphysical anything can make up for a lack of technical skill if you really aim to excel at the arts.」です。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tance
  • ベストアンサー率57% (402/704)
回答No.1

Practical woowoo というスラングがあることを見つけました。 a person, place or thing that bridges traditional healing approaches with the benefits of esoteric teachings. という意味だそうですが、これで全体の意味は通じますか? 別のスラングではwoo-wooにはちょっとエッチな意味もあるようです。

fusaobi
質問者

お礼

とても丁寧なご回答、ありがとうございました。おかげさまで解決いたしました。心より御礼申し上げます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語に訳して下さい!!

no, but I think it was unfair to me not to say anything^^' no? so you can have less thoughts today.... ...although, I still think I didn't deserve the silence ^^' because writing and knowing you read....but not getting an answer, like yesterday (still today here) is really painful.

• 日本語訳を! 3-(3)

お願いします。  There are challenges to living in a country that is mostly desert. By the time the Old Kingdom rolled around, about 2700 BCE, Egyptians were up to meeting those challenges―the most obvious would concern water. Although the derert continually tried to push in on the farmland along the edge of the Nile, the Egyptians had learned how to push back. They coaxed the waters of the Nile inland, filling the buckets of their shadufs and emptying them into channels they had dug through their gardens. Not only were they irrigating their farmlands, they were expanding them. Farmers grew more food than the people could possibly eat. The king's granaries filled. The government organized and financed massive irrigation projects. When you grow more food than you can possibly eat you are left with something to trade with other nations―grain. What Egyptians didn't have they could now get through trade.  A challenge less obvious to those nnt used to surviving in a desert environment is the lack of wood. There are no tall trees in a desert. Actually, there are no trees at all, with the exception of what grew right along the edge of the Nile and in the occasional oasis. Egyptians needed wood―a lot of wood―especially for boats and coffins. They had their eye on the cedar that grew to the northeast, in the land that we now call Lebanon. It was ideal for both boats and coffins because cedar resists rot, and a rotting boat or a rotting coffin can be a problem. And so it began―we've got grain, we need wood, you've got wood, you need grain, let's trade. It was not much different, in principle, from trading baseball cards.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。3

至急こちらをお願いします。続き Potters made more than pots.They also made small figures that were probably used for praying to the deities,as well as toys for their children.Archaeologists can't always tell the difference between objects meant for sacred rituals and those made tn be toys.Today in India,after a mother is finished praying with a clay figurine,she often gives it to her children to play with.Archaeologists have found many broken and thrown-away figurines that may have bedn used first for rituals and later as toys.Some animal figurines had holes at the bottom to attach wheels and a hole at the top for a pull string,just like the plastic and wooden toys that little kids like to pull around today. Archaeologists don't know who did what job.Most believe that women made the first coil pots,as they still do in some remote Indian villages.For one thing,women were in charge of cooking,so they were the ones who cared most about making it easier.For another,women probably made the baskets that came before the coiled pots,and their shapes are similar. But the potter's wheel changed things.It takes a lot of strength and regular practice to work the wheel.It's not the kind of job you can do it between chasing your children around,and most women of the ancient world spent much of their time and energy on the important work of raising,feeding,and clothing their families.In many parts of the world,men began to work as full-time potters after the invention of the potter's wheel.

• 日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(2)

Why Chinese Mothers Are Superiorという記事の日本語訳教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 Other studies indicate that compared to Western parents, Chinese parents spend approximately 10 times as long every day drilling academic activities with their children. By contrast, Western kids are more likely to participate in sports teams. What Chinese parents understand is that nothing is fun until you're good at it. To get good at anything you have to work, and children on their own never want to work, which is why it is crucial to override their preferences. This often requires fortitude on the part of the parents because the child will resist; things are always hardest at the beginning, which is where Western parents tend to give up. But if done properly, the Chinese strategy produces a virtuous circle. Tenacious practice, practice, practice is crucial for excellence; rote repetition is underrated in America. Once a child starts to excel at something—whether it's math, piano, pitching or ballet—he or she gets praise, admiration and satisfaction. This builds confidence and makes the once not-fun activity fun. This in turn makes it easier for the parent to get the child to work even more. Chinese parents can get away with things that Western parents can't. Once when I was young—maybe more than once—when I was extremely disrespectful to my mother, my father angrily called me "garbage" in our native Hokkien dialect. It worked really well. I felt terrible and deeply ashamed of what I had done. But it didn't damage my self-esteem or anything like that. I knew exactly how highly he thought of me. I didn't actually think I was worthless or feel like a piece of garbage. As an adult, I once did the same thing to Sophia, calling her garbage in English when she acted extremely disrespectfully toward me. When I mentioned that I had done this at a dinner party, I was immediately ostracized. One guest named Marcy got so upset she broke down in tears and had to leave early.

• 訳をお願いします。

先ほど訳して頂いた It depends, but I might quit the FanArt altogether. で返信させて頂きました。 No don't leave us you're too good Getting into concept original art is great and you definately should but maybe you could do Fanart on the side as practice and a release you know so you always have something to unleash your creativity on と返信がありこれは何といってるのでしょうか? あとこちらはhttp://okwave.jp/qa/q7623596.htmlでの文章でお返事しました。 No it's ok I'm sorry I'm not an art expert or anything I thought it was similar for like 2 seconds but you make very different stuff than her and like I said you're a sweetie I just thought it's interesting that your styles are similar and you never heard of her before, guess it's just one of those universal coincidences と返信が来ましたとても長すぎて・・・理解に困っています。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??

I like the teachings of Buddha, though. I have used meditation practices in my Christian practice. I find that meditation makes be able to pray to God with a more focused and honest mind. I think all people of all beliefs should know about the ideas of other religions! Because, as for reincarnation, I can understand this belief. It makes sense. But, like I said, in my belief there is no need for reincarnation, because Jesus took care of my fate. アメリカの友達からのメールです。前のメールで私が彼女に転生輪廻を信じるの??と質問しました。 詳しく書くとbecause Jesus took care of my fate. の部分がわかりません<(_ _)>世話をするしか訳ができなく、他にどんな感じで訳したらいいのでしょうか??誰かお願いします!!

• 日本語訳を教えてください。

ゼミで社会運動論を学んでいます。次回の文献が英文となり、どうしても旨く日本語訳できません。日本語訳を教えてください。 Anarchism, in the standard accounts, usually comes out as Marxism's poorer cousin, theoretically a bit flat-footed but making up for brains, perhaps, with passion and sincerity. Really the analogy is strained. The "founders" of anarchism did not think of themselves as having invented anything particularly new. The saw its basic principle-mutual aid, voluntary association, egalitarian decision-making-as as old as humanity. The same goes for the rejection of the state and of all forms of structural violence, inequality, or domination [anarchism literrally means "without" rulers]-even the assumption that all these forms are somehow related and reinforce each other. None of it was seen as some startling new doctrine, but a longstanding tendency in the history human thought, and one that cannot be encompassed by any general theory of ideology. On one level it is kind of faith: a belief that forms of irresponsibility that seem to make power necessary are in fact the effects of power itself. In practice though it is a constant questioning, an effort to identify every compulsory or hierarchical relation in human life, and challenge them to justify themselves, and if they cannot-which usually turns out to be the case-an effort to limit their power and thus widen the scope of human liberty. Just as a Sufi might argue that anarchism is the urge for freedom behind all political ideologies. Schools of Marxism always have founder. Just as Marxism sprang from the mind of Marx, so we have Leninists, Maoists,, Althusserians... [Note how the list starts with heads of state and grades almost seamlessly into French professors- who, in turn, can spawn their own sects: Lacanians, Foucauldians....]

• 英文の訳がとれない個所を教えてください。

It is important to discuss what kind of archive art history can draw upon, as the range of material used to construct these histories extends well beyond the works themselves. For instance, history has its documents, written records of the past; archaeology focuses on the material record, physical remains of the past; whilst anthropology looks to social rituals and cultural practices as a way of understanding past and present peoples. Art history can draw upon all these archives in addition to the primary archive of the artwork. In this way, art history is the stepping stone into various ways of interpreting and understanding the past. この英文の最初の部分の訳がよくわかりません。 It is important to discuss what kind of archive art history can draw upon, as the range of material used to construct these histories extends well beyond the works themselves. どんな種類のアーカイブ(記録保管所、公文書、古記録?)に、芸術史は頼る?(draw upon)ことができるかを議論することは重要です。 これらの歴史を構成するために使われる材料の範囲が、作品(研究?)それ自体を越えてよく広がっているように(として?) as以下はどういうことを言っているのでしょうか? また、used toはここでは過去の習慣や状態を表したものではないのでしょうか? (この英文の前(前節)にある最後の部分です) I aim to set out how histories of art have been constructed, to describe the ways in which we have been encouraged to think about art as a result, and also to introduce other ways of thinking about the visual in terms of its history. よろしくお願い致します。 『ART HISTORY--Evidence and analysis in art history』:Dana Arnold

• 日本語訳をお願いします 3

お願いします!! 続き Have you ever met someone who looks totally ordinary,but turns out to have a really interesting life? Maybe she plays in a rock band.Or he designs theme park rides.The people of the Indus civilization left no great monuments behind.But that's because they were too busy making a good life for themselves,lives whose richness was in the living,not the stuff they left behind.It wasn't until the early 1920s that archaeologists realized that there might be more in the mounds of crumbling brick than met the eye.And so,30 years after Sir Alexander Cunningham's death in 1893,archaeologists finally rediscovered the great city nf Harappa. Harappa was built on a low ridge between the Ravi and Satluj Rivers.It was a good location for a city.The land was fertile and villagers could hunt for animals and gather wood for fuel in the ndarby forests.The rivers kept the fields around the city well watered,and the mud from floods made the land fertile.Lakes full of fish sparkled in the distance.Traveling merchants liked to stop in Harappa,where they could get a good meal and a snug bed safe behind the mud-brick city walls. As it happens,Harappa's city walls are as mysterious as its script,the signs and symbols Cunningham found on the stone seal.Building and taking care of town walls must have been expensive and complicated.The earliest city wall at Harappa was 8 feet wide (2.5 meters) and may have stood more than 13 feet (4 meters) high.Archaeologists have added up the work hours required to dig the clay,shape and dry the mud bricks,mix the mortar that joined the bricks together,bring materials to the site by oxcart,and then actually build the wall.They estimate that it would have taken more than 500 people a full three months to construct a city wall when Harappa was still a small city.The city walls must have been very important-but why?

• 日本語訳を!

(4) Considering that 19 types of excrement are mentioned in the cures, from fly excrement to ostrich excrement, it's no surprise Egyptian doctors had a problem with disgruntled patients. They handled malpractice efficiently, though. Diordorus writes,  If they follow the rules of this law as they read them in the sacred book and yet are unable to save their patient, they are absolved from any charge; but if they go contrary to the law's prescriptions they must submit to a trial with death as the penalty. If you're a physician and you follow the rules, all's well. But get creative with your treatments and you won't be treating anyone, unless it's in the afterlife. (5) Just as medical doctors do today, in ancient Egypt doctors specialized. The Greek historian Herodotus writes, "The practice of medicine is so divided among them that each physician treats one disease and no more. There are plenty of physicians everywhere. Some are eye-doctors, some deal with the head, others with the teeth or the belly, and some with hidden maladies...." The Ebers Papyrus even had a section on psychiatry, directing doctors on how to diagnose and treat depression. (6) The Egyptians had a cure for the common cold that was probably as good as anything you can find in a pharmacy today. It required a dose of the milk of a mother who had given birth to a boy, while chanting the spell, "May you flow out...who causes the seven openings in the head to ache." The Egyptians understood injuries caused by an accident, or in battle. They understood parasites and worms such as tapeworms, which they called "snakes in the belly." But for germs that couldn't be seen, Egyptians believed demons were responsible. There's nothing like a good spell to rid the body of evil spirits. The Ebers Papyrus states, "Magic is effective together with medicine. Medicine is effective together with magic." And so many medical treatments were odd combinations of science and magic.