• ベストアンサー

単語の意味を教えてください。(1)

刑事コロンボを読み、わからない単語がたくさんありました。 わからない単語は、[ ]内です。 1 When Paul Drury was offscreen and touched his left earlobe with his left index finger.[offscreen] 2 “It wuz,”said McGinnis. “Guarded fer him,so's he could get off his shot.[wuz][fer] 3 Claim inconsistent with statements of numerous other witness. [inconsistent] 4 A com-symp,as everybody knows.[com-symp] 5 A murmur went through the studio audience.[murmur] 6 There was too goddamn much light on McGinnis.[goddamn] 7 They had scurried off into the cover of the brush that was encouraged to grow to ancester the soil and prevent landslides.  [scury] 8 Both of them had had angel-hair pasta under a creamy sauce of shrimp and cab. [angel- hair pasta] 9 Tim were silent as they drank their margaritas and dipped chips in the guacamole.[guacamole] 10 Make a point of calling me first thing in the ay-em.[ay-em] 11 The exquisite leather-topped desk had been splintered to force it open.[splintered] 12 the perp doesn't seem to have gone into any other rooms.[perp] 13 And they're all made of ticky-tacky and they all look alike.[ticky-tacky] 14 One bullet went in through the occipital lobe,through the parietal lobe ,and into the corpus callosum. [callosum] 15 The second shot went in through the temporal lobe, up through the limbic lobe,and all the way into the frontal lobe.[temporal lobe] [limbic lobe][frontal lobe] 他にもたくさんありますが、まずは上記分だけ御願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.1

英辞郎on the webでご自分で調べられるはずです。下記URLご参照。 スペルミスがあって引けないものだけは次をご参照。 2) wuz = was, fer = for 4) com-sympは???要確認! 7) scurry 8) 極細スパゲッティの種類 9)メキシコ料理で、アボカドをつぶしたソースみたいなもの 10) ay-em = am 午前・午後のam/pm 12) perp = perpetrator 14) 脳の一部 15) 脳の箇所

参考URL:
http://www.alc.co.jp/
zaktakanao2_99
質問者

お礼

東京への単身赴任のため、群馬へ帰ってくる土・日のみしか書き込みができなくてお礼が遅くなり申し訳ありませんでした。 非常に参考になりました。 特に「参考URLで紹介いただいた機能」は便利ですね。今後は努めてこれで調べて、それでもわからないものを経験豊富な皆さん方に問い合わせしたいと思っています。 今後ともよろしく御願いします。

その他の回答 (1)

• rvrvr
  • ベストアンサー率20% (7/35)
回答No.2

いっぱいあるのでとりあえず15だけ 前から側頭葉、辺頭葉、前頭葉です 全部脳みそ関係ですね 後は参考URLでしらべてみましょう(^_^)

参考URL:
http://www.alc.co.jp/
zaktakanao2_99
質問者

お礼

どうも有り難うございました。勉強になりました。 これからも自助努力後、どしどし質問していきますのでよろしく御願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい

During the Battle of the Bulge, in the bleak December of 1944, the Germans had quickly overrun the American lines. They took thousands of prisoners as they pushed through in a last chance gamble to turn the war around. One unit, part of the First SS Panzer Division, had captured over a hundred GIs. They were moving fast, and they didn't care to be burdened by prisoners. So the SS troops put the American soldiers in that field and mowed them down with machine guns. 最後から2番目の文が分かりません。捕虜が足手まといになったから皆殺しにしたとの主旨だと思うのですが、それなら、なぜ「didn't care 」となっているのでしょうか。教えて頂けませんか。

• 英語でarrow chainってどういう意味ですか??

英語でarrow chainってどういう意味ですか?? 今、英語で書かれた神話の本を読んでいます。 そこには"By then the Tsamani siblings had realized that they could not jump into the sky, and Tsamani suggested that they fashion an arrow chain through the interior of which they could ascend as termites."という一文があります。 想像力が乏しいためarrow chainがどんなものかいまいちイメージできません。ご存知の方がおられたらぜひ教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• Arched itself into・・の意味

以下の文書の意味がよく解りません。大意でも結構ですのでアドバイスよろしくお願いします。 I was in time to see the bank they had undercut arching itself into ridges. I had seen the waves in the strata along the bank, made by old tremors; but those were only ripples. It arched itself into low hills now, and they suddenly came towards us. The whole bog was moving. ・アイルランドの湿原(bog)の周辺の土手がピートを採取するため開発されて、土手に沿って横に掘削されている。 ・数ヶ月雨が続き、このあと湿原が決壊して水が周囲に流れ出すという状態です。 ↓ これに続く文章 With the weight of years of rain and those last three months it was coming over the lower lands, and rising higher and higher as it came. For as far as I could see, left or right, it was ripping and waving. 最初のブロックのIt arched itself into low hills now, and they suddenly came towards us. のItとtheyが何なのかが解りません。よろしくお願いします。

• ここでの mattered の意味は?

度々お世話になります。 先日のアメリカでの悲惨な銃乱射事件で、葬儀を終えた遺族の母親がインタビューに答えていました。 前向きであろうとする強さはどこから来るのか? との質問に答える中での " mattered " は「重要視している」といった意味でしょうか。  _ Where do you find the strength? I mean, you spoke at Noah's funeral.    And so many mothers and fathers have spoken at their children's funerals.   : I don't think that source comes from… within us. I think it comes through us from our children.    They wanted to know. They were here, and they mattered.   They all had families and they mattered. (涙ぐむ)   And so did all of the educators who died that day. They all mattered.    They all had families, they all had friends. " They " は亡くなった人々か、残された人々か迷いつつ、 「亡くなった子供・先生達は、(突然の死の意味を)考えている、自問自答している」 「みんな、我々にとって大事な人達だった」 などと考えたんですが、全然違う気がしています…。

• matterの意味は?

Goo教えて! の投稿を読みました。 回答済みでした。 これを読んで、分からないところがありました。 教えていただきたいと思います。 (1)matter 3回あります。「かけがえのない人々、大事な人々だった」    という理解で正しいでしょうか。 (2)I think it comes through us from our children.この部分について    ”it”は前行の、have spoken を意味するのでしょうか。   父兄たちの「この事件を無念に思う気持ち」は、「私たちの言葉というより    亡くなった子供たちの言葉です。それを、私たちが話しているのです」   このような意味でしょうか。 *間違えている可能性は大きい。   なおさら、理解したい。   よろしくお願いします。 *先日のアメリカでの悲惨な銃乱射事件で、葬儀を終えた遺族の母親がインタビューに答えていました。 * Where do you find the strength? I mean, you spoke at Noah's funeral.    And so many mothers and fathers have spoken at their children's funerals.   : I don't think that source comes from… within us. I think it comes through us from our children.    They wanted to know. They were here, and they mattered.   They all had families and they mattered. (涙)   And so did all of the educators who died that day. They all mattered.    They all had families, they all had friends.

• 英文の中の単語の意味を教えてください。

Throughout our journey I would like you to continually ask the "Me also?" question as we encounter various forms of evil. We will examine genocide in Rwanda, the mass suicide and murder of Peoples Temple followers in the jungles of Guyana, the My Lai massacre in Vietnam, the horrors of Nazi concentration camps, the torture by military and civilian police around the world, and the sexual abuse of parishioners by Catholic priests, and search for lines of continuity between the scandalous, fraudulent behavior of executives at Enron and World-Com corporations.【 Finally, we will see how some common threads in all these evils run through the recently uncovered abuses of civilian prisoners at Abu Ghraib Prison in Iraq. 】One especially significant thread tying these atrocities together will come out of a body of research in experimental social psychology, particularly a study that has come to be known as the Stanford Prison Experiment.(The Lucifer Effect by P.Zimbardo) 単語の意味がとれないところを教えてください。 【Finally, we will see how some common threads in all these evils run through the recently uncovered abuses of civilian prisoners at Abu Ghraib Prison in Iraq.】  の中に出てくる (1)run throughと(2)uncovered abuses of civilian prisonersです。 (1)は熟語でいろいろ意味があるようなのですが、貫流する、という意味ですか? (2)はuncovered abusesの意味がわかりません。直訳だと覆いのない虐待、でしょうか?どういう意味なのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 次の文の意味がよくわかりません

Hatred and anger, grief and despair, love and joy are pairs of emotions that consist of the same core feeling and are distinguishable from each other only in terms of the social conditions that cause them and the behavior they in turn cause. from 以下の中のand the behavior they in turn causeがよくわかりませんでした。どちらもcauseしているのですか? theyはなにをさして何をcauseするのでしょうか...

• 英文の意味が良く分かりません。

以下の文章の和訳を教えて頂けると助かります。 ----------------------------------------------------------- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS IN CONTRACTS OR ARRANGEMENTS Each of the directors present confirmed that he or she had considered the nature and extent of any interest he or she had in the matters being discussed at the meeting and to the extent necessary declared the nature and extent of any such interest in accordance with the Companies Act and the Company's articles of association. ------------------------------------------------------------ Each of the directors present confirmed that he or she had considered the nature and extent of any interest he or she had in the matters being discussed at the meeting のあたりが いまいち良く分かりません。

• この英文の意味

この英文の意味 "This is a velley of ashes-a fantastic farm where ashes grow like wheat into ridges and hills and grotenque gardens; where ashes take the forms of houses and chimmneys and rising smoke and, finally, with a transcendent effort, of men who move dimly and already crumbling through the powdery air." ここにある、"ashes grow like wheat into ridges"と、"of men who move dimly and already crumbling through the powdery air."がよくわかりません。。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Duff McKagan recently spoke on the Standard Ass Rock Show to support the DeLeo bros (and Kretzel's) decision to boot frontman Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots. “The Stone Temple Pilots guys, they had to do what they had to do. I completely [chuckle]… I understood what they had to do. I think they got a lot of backlash from STP fans, but what are you gonna do? They did the thing they needed to do, and good for them – they're healthy guys and good fellows, guys you pull for if you know them and you understand what they went through. “I went through the same thing with their singer and it's really frustrating. It's utterly frustrating when things are going good and one guy's kind of dragging it down. Or dragging it sideways at least … Sideways … I'll say sideways.”