• ベストアンサー

Which it does.

seegrammarの回答

回答No.2

原文をざーと読んだだけで熟読してませんのでさんこうですが、キーワードは拾って読んだつもりです。 for many Americans, moving is about happiness Which it does. の it は、アメリカ人には例えば moving であって、他の人たちはナンチャラであって、ということと思います。 最初に external factors とあります。 External factors determine our happiness.ということで どの external factors かというと、それは人によって異なるということで、 Which it でその数あるファクターのなかのどれかが(それが例えばアメリカ人の場合は moving であったりする)が does = make a difference するということと思います。 Its も 「factor(= out there) の」だとおもいますが。

関連するQ&A

• If that does it

I have been friends with “Jon” for four years. He’s a great guy but not my type. Four months ago Jon got drunk, confessed his undying love for me, and tried to kiss me. I gently rejected him and got someone else to sober him up. The next day, Jon apologized. I told him I valued our friendship and since then, our things have gone back to normal—but several of our mutual friends are pressuring me to give Jon a chance. They ignore my refusals and try to sell me on him. One got very angry when I started dating someone new and accused me of stringing Jon along. I was honest with Jon, and I have tried to be kind (I don’t complain to him about my love life or anything). I have asked Jon several times if we are OK, and he said yes, but all this interference from our friends has left me with doubts. Jon and I have plans to go to France this summer with another friend, and I have spent a lot of money on nonrefundable tickets. Should I ignore all this or press Jon for more details? —Pining I don’t think it’s Jon you need to speak to right now. It’s possible that he’s been pretending to be fine while secretly complaining to your friends, but that’s not at all certain, and the people whose behavior is bothering you right now are your mutual friends—so tell them to knock it off. “I’ve been very clear with Jon from the start that I care about him as a friend and I’m not interested in him romantically. I’m not stringing him along, but I’m also tired of your attempts to convince me I ought to want to be with him. I don’t know why you think it would be a good start to a romantic relationship for one party to have to be repeatedly talked into it. I certainly don’t. You need to stop.” If that does it, great! If that does itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• whichについて

In other words, happiness does not reside inside of you. Happiness is out there. Which particular out there makes a huge difference in your happiness level. このwhichの使い方を教えていただけるとありがたいです。

• that of とwithin which to

以下の文中のthat of とwithin which toについてです Where the study of the history of women is seen today as having celebratory content---its effort is to find our lost ancestors and restore them to a place in our memories---that of gender offers an analytic framework within which to analyze social and political structures. that ofは何かを比べた際に既に述べられた名詞の代用として使われることはよくみかけますがここでは比較でもないようなのですが、どういった用法のthat ofなのでしょうか? またwithin which toは関係代名詞でwithin frameworkで、toは~ための、の目的を意味するtoであっているでしょうか。 ところでここのtodayは位置的に問題ないんでしょうか?副詞ってこんなに自由にどこでも置けましたっけ?大体時間的なものは文末だと思ったのですが。

• it is ・・ which~の見分け方について

次の英文のwhichがit is・・・whichの強調構文であり、関係代名詞ではない理由を教えてください。 It is the decline of active play and the enormous growth of purely receptive entertainment which has given to a sociological interest in the problem. it is which をとっても意味がなりたつので強調構文である という説明には納得なのですが、which 以下が entertainment を修飾する関係代名詞 として訳すことも可能かと思います。 (文法的にも問題ないと思いますが、正しいでしょうか?) 関係代名詞の考え方もありえる場合、強調構文か関係代名詞かの見分け方は最終的には文脈から判断するということになるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• このitの指す内容

いつもお世話になっております。 Science and technology now pervade every aspect of our lives and, as a result, society is changing at a speed which is quiet unprecedented. There is a great technological explosion around us, generated by science. This explosion is already freeing vast numbers of people from their tradition bondage to nature, and now at last we have it in our power to free mankind once and for all from the fear which is based on want. 最後の文のit(we have itのitです)の指す内容がわかりません。itの指す内容を教えてください。また、その考え方の過程も教えていただけたらうれしいです。よろしくお願いいたします。

• That about does it for today.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より OK,I'm all finished with my work. That about does it for today. よし、仕事が全部終わった。 今日はこれまで。 (質問) [That about does it for today.]がどうして「今日はこれまで」になるのか判りません。お解りの方教えて下さい。[Let's call it a day.]は何となく意味はつかめますが。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• about which

I cannot stress too greatly the radical distinction between a view for which the postmodern is one (optional) style among many others available, and one which seeks to grasp it as the cultural dominant of the logic of late capitalism: the two approaches in fact generate two very different ways of conceptualizing the phenomenon as a whole, on the one hand moral judgments (about which it is indifferent whether they are positive or negative), and on the other a genuinely dialectical attempt to think our present time in History. ポストモダンとは数多い他の選択肢の中の一つの(付加的な)形式であるという視点。そして後期資本主義の論理の文化的優性としてそれを理解することを求める視点。両者の間にある根本的な区別を、私はいくら強調しても足りない。二つのアプローチは事実、現象を全体として概念化する二つのまるで違った方法を生み出してしまう。片方は(それが肯定的か否定的かには無関心である)道徳的判断であり、他方は歴史全体の中でこの現代の位置づけを捉えようとする真に弁証法的な試みである。 About whichがわかりません。Whichは何を受けているのでしょう。

• 和訳おねがいします!

和訳できるかたお願いします><!! All human beings may come equipped with the pursuit-of-happiness impulse-the urge to find lusher land just over the hill, fatter buffalo in the next valley-but it's Americans who have codified the idea, written it into the Declaration of Independence and made it a central mandate of the national character. American happiness would never be about savor-the-moment contentment. That way lay the reflective café culture of the Old World-fine for Europe, not for Jamestown. Our happiness would be bred, instead, of an almost adolescent restlessness, an itch to do the Next Big Thing.

• 和訳お願い致します。

This earth apparently so still and steadfast,lying in majestic repose beneath the aestherial vault,is a globular body of comparatively insignificant size, whirling fast through space round the sun as the centre of its orbit, and completing its revolution in the course of one year, while at the same time it revolves daily once about its own axis,thus producing the change of day and night. The sun,which seems to lead up each morning from the east and, traversing the skyey bridge,slides down into the west,is relatively to our earth motionless. In size and weight it inconceivably surpasses it. The moon,which occupies a position in thr visible heavens only second to the sun and far beyond that[that=the position]of every other celestial body in conspicuousness, is but a subordinate globe,much smaller our own, and revolving round the earth as it's centre,while it accompanies it [it=the earth]in its[its=the earth's]yearly revolutions about the sun.Of itself it has no luster and is visible to us only by the reflected sunlight.

• 英文和訳

I speak tonight for the dignity of man and the destiny of democracy.  I urge every member of both parties, Americans of all religions and of all colors, from every section of this country, to join me in that cause.  At times history and fate meet at a single time in a single place to shape a turning point in man's unending search for freedom. So it was at Lexington and Concord. So it was a century ago at Appomattox. So it was last week in Selma, Alabama.  There, long-suffering men and women peacefully protested the denial of their rights as Americans. Many were brutally assaulted. One good man, a man of God, was killed.  There is no cause for pride in what has happened in Selma. There is no cause for self-satisfaction in the long denial of equal rights of millions of Americans. But there is cause for hope and for faith in our democracy in what is happening here tonight.  For the cries of pain and the hymns and protests of oppressed people have summoned into convocation all the majesty of this great Government--the Government of the greatest Nation on earth.  Our mission is at once the oldest and the most basic of this country: to right wrong, to do justice, to serve man.  In our time we have come to live with moments of great crisis. Our lives have been marked with debate about great issues; issues of war and peace, issues of prosperity and depression. But rarely in any time does an issue lay bare the secret heart of America itself. Rarely are we met with a challenge, not to our growth or abundance, our welfare or our security, but rather to the values and the purposes and the meaning of our beloved Nation どなたかお願いしますm(__)m