アメリカの伝統:不可能を成し遂げる

このQ&Aのポイント
  • アメリカは多くの国が羨む伝統を持っています。我々は頻繁に不可能なことを成し遂げます。
  • アメリカの国民性の一部として、我々は海岸から海岸へと進んできました。
  • 我々は世界最大の経済を築き上げ、さらには人類初の月面着陸も果たしました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳お願いします!!

いつもお世話になっています!! America has a tradition many nations probably envy: We frequently achieve the impossible. That's part of our national character. That's what got us from one coast to another. That's what got us largest economy in the world. That's what got us the moon.の文の訳がうまくできないので分かる方よろしくお願いします。自分で訳すと アメリカには、多くの国が多分妬むだろう伝統があります:我々は、しばしば不可能を成し遂げます。それは、我々の国民性の一部です。それは、1本の海岸から我々をもう一つに連れて行いたことです。それは、世界で我々のために最大の経済を得たことです。それは、我々のために月を得たことです。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

genius-boyさんの訳でよいのではないでしょうか。私の訳は次のような感じです。 America has a tradition many nations probably envy: We frequently achieve the impossible. 「アメリカは、おそらく多くの国がうらやむであろう伝統をもっている。その伝統とは、われわれが、たびたび不可能を成し遂げているということである」 “:”を訳しました。traditionの説明になっているところです。 That's part of our national character. 「それは、われわれの国民性の不可欠な要素となっている」 単なる一部というよりは、重要な要素というニュアンスがあります。 That's what got us from one coast to another. 「そのおかげで、われわれは東海岸を出発して西海岸までたどり着くことができた」 ヨーロッパから渡ってきた人たちが東から西へと開拓していった歴史を指しているのだと思います。「それ〔その伝統〕が、われわれを一方の海岸から他方の海岸へと連れていったものである」の主語を原因として訳すと、きれいに訳せると思います。 That's what got us largest economy in the world. 「そのおかげで、われわれは世界最大の経済を手に入れることができた」 That's what got us the moon. 「そのおかげで、われわれは月を手に入れることができた」

genius-boy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。助かりました!!

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

"Core was our best-selling album, but Tiny Music [...Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop] was the first album that really got music critics on our side as STP," Weiland explains. "On 'Big Bang Baby', the drums were recorded on the front lawn. That was a really experimental album for us." Well, now it's time to see what level of experimentation Weiland and The Wildabouts are able to achieve too.

• はつかねずみと人間

ハツカネズミと人間の原書の英訳をお願いします。ジョージとレニーの最後の会話の中のレニーの発言です。 "An' I got you.We got each other, that's what , that gives a hoot in hell about us,'' Lennie cried in triumb 文庫訳とかなり違う気がします。お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean: “I don't know if the fans want to hear this kind of stuff, they probably want to hear more about music, but our band means a lot to us. It never wavered or diminished in any way. Robert and Eric and I are really filled with gratitude. There's a lot that comes along with being in a successful band and it's all luxurious. Really. It really is. With that said, it means so much to us and it's such a big part of our life… I'm gonna say it doesn't define us, but it's a big part of our life. It comes into our homes! It really lives and resides in our homes — in our bedrooms, around our children and when a toxic orbit or environment steps into my house… would you wanna do that?” Dean: “It's like what Robert said, man. It's more about quality of life. You know, I'm gonna say something that's not slighting Chester in any way, but I would've loved for [the Scott Weiland] lineup to have gone on forever [or] until we were taken out by our elbows and heels, but it just… we did not dictate where we're at now. By any means.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter, Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park are such different bands it seems unlikely they would have anything in common and yet this combination of styles seems to mix perfectly. Why does it work so well? Bennington: A genre that we all fit under, Filter, STP and Linkin Park, would be the "alternative" umbrella, which is what makes the alternative moniker funny in a lot of ways. In LP, we've prided ourselves as being a band that has no genre bounds, because we do pop music, rock, hip-hop, metal, dub-step... We do whatever the f--- we want to. If I walk into the studio with a banjo and some jugs and write a song that's awesome, we're going to find a way to make that work with Linkin Park. STP is a good, solid rock and roll band. It's sexy; it's got groove, energy and attitude; there's melody; it's got all those things that make rock great, but it's modern, which is how it fits into the alternative side. Patrick: I would say Linkin Park is way more electronic and more broad; for Filter, I think of us as modern rock. That's a massive canvas to paint in. Although we use electronics and samplers, it's still always written around a guitar.

• 最大のテロ国家日記英訳お願いします(その45)

英訳お願い致します。 1おれ、思うんだけどさ、アメリカが最大のテロ国家じゃねぇかと。  I always think that America is the most terrorism nation. 2 いっつも。どっかで戦争してるじゃん。    They always doing war somewhere in the world. 3 CIAは大活躍!!戦争に駆り出されるのは貧しい階層の人達。いかれた国だ。  CIA are active in the whole world.The poor are roped into war. What a insaine nation. 4 レイプ魔の小泉もブッシュのポチだったんだからな。知らん顔するんじゃねぇぞ。  A rapist-Koizumi!!you are a henchman of Bush. You have not to say"It's none of my business". 5 義務教育で留年なんて認めたらオレなんざぁ、60近いのにまだ小学生でがんすよ。  If the law allow the remain in the same class for another year in a compulsory education.    Probably I am still an elementary school-smart-child.uh? I'm around 60 years. 意訳でもなんでもけっこうざんす。英訳宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語が苦手なので、メールの英文の翻訳をお願いします

I suppose, I really don't know what the word means. ooh study abroad, that'll be fun. I've always wanted to do that but never had the opprotunity with how schooling went. Oh computer programming..I'm no good at that either. I am glad we are able to communicate well as well. Yes, we have Honda here.. I don't know what companies are japanese here, sorry, never really knew what's what when it comes to that stuff. of course we'll keep in touch :) (相手) これ(上記)が以下の自分の送信メールに対する返答です。英語が得意な方、どうかこれ(上記)を翻訳してください!! Thanks a lot for your reply. I suppose that fustian?? In English means the same as "exaggerated" due to my poor English ability, is that right? I hope I will study abroad with English in near future if I can. Yeah, that’s got to suck,but try our best with each other in first year. Thank you for the encouragement. Information science, we can program with the computer,but I can’t understand it at all. Anyway I’m very happy to communicate well between us as the fateful encounter. By the way, is there a Japanese company in your state, Honda etc? Let’s keep in touch. (自分) ↑ fustian?? what does that mean?? oh English, what you going to do with it? ha ha, first year all over, wow, that's got to suck. I am one and I hate it. Well good luck with that hope it turns out well for you. Information science, what exactly can you do with that? (相手)

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップでクリスマスに向けて色々と注文しました。発送はまだですか?と質問したら返答がありました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Yes we adjust the discount when we create the invoice. Also, we are ready with one order, but we are waiting on the other one so we can have ship all together with yamato transport. Do you want us to send the first order with usps first? The first order is only 2boxes, so usps will probably not be a bad choice. What should I do?

• 警察と交通違反をした人との会話

お世話になります。 とある通訳を介しての現場での会話について、 ご意見を伺いたいと思いました。 警察→英語 違反者→日本人(A) 1:Aがアルコール検知器での検査結果、 酒気濃度が基準値を超えている、つまり 飲酒運転だと警察に言われました Aは 「That's not possible. I'm sure that I didn't drink that much!」 と頑張っていますが、変えようのない事実です。 オーストラリアの場合、自己負担ではありますが 医者を介して血液検査を受ける権利が与えられます。しかし夜遅い時間だったため、警察が指定する 救急病院での検査を勧められました。Aはそれに対し I don't know. It sounds like a waste of time. They're probably going to say the same as you lot. I don't see what chance I've got. I can't be bothered with it. と応えます。とにかくそんなことは面倒だ、 血液検査なんて受けたくないと、またしても 頑張っています。 この上記の言葉の中で、 "I don't see what chance I've got." とありますが、「どんな可能性/見込みが私に あるっていうの?」という解釈になりますが、 もう少し意訳的ではなく、忠実な訳をしたいと 考えているのですが、何かご意見がありましたら お願いいたします。 2:Aは、スピード違反と stradding lanes も 含め報告されることになったのですが、日本語で 「斜線オーバー」などという表現はしますでしょうか?他によく言われている表現などありましたら 教えて頂けると嬉しいです。ちなみに警察が言った 言葉は I'm further reporting you for exceeding the speed limit and for stradding lanes. Do you understand that? 絶対の解答を求めているわけではありません。 ご意見を伺えると幸いです。どうぞよろしく お願い致します。

• 英語が苦手なので、メールの英文の翻訳をお願いします

Well that's good that you got it corrected ^_^ Yes it did, I'm sure there won't be any complications now. Yea, I forgot about the family name too, all well. Ha ha don't worry about e-mailing me at odd hours, it's kinda hard sometimes to remember that the time gap is rather large. ... I know I have trouble with it. Anyways, I can't wait till I'm able to type Japanese. Well I'm off to bed. night talk to you later :D これ(上記)が以下の自分の送信メールに対する返答です。英語が得意な方、どうかこれ(上記)を翻訳してください!! I’ve been to the post office and had your name corrected. I think maybe it’s OK. In fact, maybe it doesn’t cause a problem if I left well alone like you said. But this made us relieved, didn’t it?? well, it didn’t occur to me that what I mustn’t forget is a family name, too. You seems to be sorry that you sent me email so late. Don’t worry. Same here. That is, sorry I sent you email at odd hour. Oh I’ve got to go now. You are excellent, so you can do it about Japanese,too! I’m looking forward to hearing from you in Japanese in the near future. talk to you again soon!^_^...lol.

• 和訳がどうしてもわかりません

When we are very frightened and worried,our body produces certain chemicals to help us fight what is troubling us. These chemicals produce the energy needed to run away from an object of fear,but in modern life that's often impossible. The police searched the woods,the garden,and every room in the old house,looking for clues,but the amount of evidence that they found was small. We have left undone those things which we ought to have done;and we have done those things which we ought not to have done. Being stupid and having no imagination,animals often behave far more sensibly than men. Efficiently and by instinct they do the right,appropriate thing at the right moment. 和訳お願いします!!!