• ベストアンサー

和訳・・

以下の英文は、ある洋書について書かれていた文です。 いまいち文の構造が分かりません。とくにthat以下です。good workやunder-appreciatedの訳し方が分からなくて困っています。 アドバイスをいただけると助かります。 This book is a unique and invaluable guide to recognizing the verbal power games and miscommunications that cause good work to be under-appreciated or to go unnoticed.

• barb
  • お礼率12% (86/676)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#34242
noname#34242
回答No.2

「the verbal power games and miscommunications」が先行詞で、「that cause ~」が関係代名詞による形容詞節です。 「cause A to do」で「Aがdoすることを引き起こす」です。 したがって、この部分は「good work(よい作品?)を過小評価したり、見過ごしたりすることを引きを越してしまう言葉の駆け引きや誤解」ということです。 この本は、それを認識するための独特で貴重なガイドである、ということだと思います。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#47281
noname#47281
回答No.1

good workは良い作品です。 under-appreciatedは過小評価されたという意味だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳

She knows that there is much work to be done and that there is not enough money and people to do all the work necessary to help the poor. これの和訳なんですけど、文と文のかかりかたがいまいち分かりません。 私が考えたのが、 彼女は十分なお金がなくて人々が貧しい人を助けるのに必要なすべての仕事がたくさんあることを知っている。 ということになってしまいました(つд;*)

• ➎和訳お願いします

Known as an expert on words, Tanikawa wants people living in the future to remember his creative works more than his name. He hopes his theme song for "Tetsuwan Atomu" (Astro Boy) will be sung many people over many years and that people in the future will ask, "Who wrote that?" That would be as pure a joy as that felt by the anonymous craftsmen who produce good works that are much appreciated by consmers. 自分なりの訳はありますので、 ご回答と比べて 補足で質問させて頂くかもしれません。

• 和訳、お願いできますか?

イングランドのペンパルからのメールです。 好きなアーティストの話をしていた後で、以下のような文が出てきたのですが、ちょっと自力では訳せそうに無いです…。 この会話の背景ですが、彼女は日本のバンドを良く聞くらしく、x-japanとか好きなんだよー。と言っていました。 …but I'm open to any suggestions of good bands or artists people have. And I'm not really one of those Fangirls that you get here and around the world....I normaly just listen to a band because i think there really good not just because they are good looking! 何となく彼女が言いたいニュアンスは判るのですが、文法の練習なども含めた文通ですので、出来れば和訳だけでなく解説もしていただけるとうれしいです。 特に最初の文章の"~artists people have"の辺り。この文は、artistの後にthatが省略されているのでしょうか?そして、何故"have"がつくのでしょうか? どなたか、ご助力お願いいたします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

That unique blend of optinism, humility, and the utter confidence that, when the world needs someone to do that, you need an American.

• 和訳お願いします!

Dealing with machines is far less stressful - and infinitely quicker - than acknowledging and responding in an appropriate fashion to the intricate verbal machinations that normally occur when attempting to buy provisions from a local store. お願いします(>_<)

• 和訳お願いいたします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いいたします。↓ ・What are the main things that Japanese companies look for in an employee? ・Many people have to work very long hours, and many of those are unpaid. ・Japanese companies often make their workers from taking long holidays together. ・Japanese, it seems, strongly discourage their workers from taking long holidays. ・Some Japanese companies expect woman to leave and get married when they reach about 25, so even highly qualified women don't get such good jobs. ・Should workers have to socialize with their bosses? ・Should workers try to keep their personal life separate from their work? ・What things make for good boss? 以上です。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

That the Ottoman Empire's intention was to strongly occupy Romani and Kantara is supported by preparations in the southern territory of Palestine adjacent to, and extending into, the Sinai. These included extending the Palestine railway system to Wadi El Arish, with a good motor road beside the railway. Cisterns and other works were constructed along this route to store water and at Wadi El Arish, enormous rock cut reservoirs were under construction in December 1916 when the Anzac Mounted Division reached that place just before the Battle of Magdhaba.[Murray, Lawrence and Chauvel have all been criticised for letting von Kressenstein's force escape.

• 和訳を教えてください。

次の文章は販売戦略説明からの抜粋です。 和訳を教えてください。 一文目のownableは辞書にないのですが、見落としでしょうか。 3文目のAssociationは、協会名でしょうかそれとも関連性のことでしょうか。 Singular Equity: The single most ownable and distinctive promise the brand stands for (over others) in consumer's minds. Unique Brand Associations: The long-term, consistent associations that are unique to the brand. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 また訳せないところがでてきてしまいました。文が途中で切れてしまっているところもありますが、よろしくお願いします。 The technical risk(established by site service and regulatory /agency personnel) The percieved risk(outrage)by the public; and The regulatory risk relative to past, current, and future standards and position. Exhibit 12 presents a suite of issues and concerns that that could fall within the perceived risk assessment. However, each site is unique and its perceived risk will reflect its unique conditions. Perceived risk is perhaps the most difficult of all risks to anticipate and deal with efficiently. For example, it can be manipulated by activist groups interested in controlling or defeating the site restoration project.

• 和訳をお願いします。

どなたか、和訳をお願いします。 「Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your resume and search for new employment opportunities earlier this morning, it was appreciated. As per our conversation, attached you will find the application for employment with △△for you to complete and return to me at your convenience. I will let you know as soon as any other opportunities arise that you may be a good fit for.」