• ベストアンサー

翻訳お願いします。。。

nak205の回答

• nak205
  • ベストアンサー率60% (40/66)
回答No.3

>Pants don't wear worth a hoot in the diggin's! ってなんか引っ掛かりますよね。 主語はPants 動詞はdon't ware副詞はworth a hoot (品詞の名前はまちがってるかも。。。文法なんて十ウン年もやっていないし)という単純なセンテンスなんですけど。 wearは“長持ちする”という意味もありますが、これのもともとの意味は“その状態がずっと続く”という意味です。 そうするとこの文章は単に。 直訳:“鉱山では、ズボンは最低の価値も長く持たない!” 意訳:“鉱山では、ズボンはすぐすり切れてだめになってしまう!” となるんじゃないでしょうか。 Are those new jeans you're wearing? “あなたがはいているのは新しいジーンズですか?” Those are new jeans you're wearing.の疑問文。

関連するQ&A

• 源氏物語の翻訳について

いつも回答をありがとうございます。 続きです。 1) ”So again and again have I heard the Emperor speak with tears.But now the night is far spent and I must carry my message to the Palace before day comes.” ●私は帝が涙と共に話すのを何度も何度も聞いた・・・・・? have I heard ・・・・・倒置ですか? I have heard・・・・・・? なぜhaveがIの前に出ているのかわかりません。 ●the Emperor speak ・・・・・・・speaks(三人称単数)になっていないのはなぜなのでしょうか? ●far spent・・・・・・?わかりません。 ●I must carry my message to the Palace before day comes. 私は明日が来る前に私のメッセージを宮廷に届けなければならない・・・・? 2) So she,weeping too,spoke as she hurried away.But the sinking moon was shining in a cloudless sky,and in the grass-clumps that shivered in the cold wind,bell-crickets tinkled their compelling cry. ●she,weeping too,spoke・・・・・やたら細切れになっているので文の構造がわかりません。なぜこんなに単語を区切ったのでしょうか? 彼女(使いの者?)も泣きながら話した・・・・? she spoke weeping,too? ●as she hurried away・・・彼女は急ぐように・・・・?asはように、でしょうか? ●But the sinking moon was shining in a cloudless sky, しかし沈もうとしている月は雲のない空に輝いているところだった、・・・・・? ●and in the grass-clumps that shivered in the cold wind,bell-crickets tinkled their compelling cry. そして冷たい風の中で揺れている草の群生の中で、bell-crickets (鈴虫?)がりんりんと鳴いていた。(their compelling cryが訳せませんでした) compelling cry・・・・追い立てる鳴き声?? 3) It was hard to leave these grass-clumps,and the quiver-bearer's daughter,loath to ride away, recited the poem which says ”Ceaseless as the interminable voices of the bell-cricket,all night till dawn my tears flow” ●It was hard to leave these grass-clumps・・・・・これらの草の群生から去るのは難しかった・・? ●and the quiver-bearer's daughter,loath to ride away・・・・そして使いの娘は~をひどく嫌った? ( ride awayがわかりません) ●recited the poem which says・・・・・(以下の)詩を話した(暗唱した)・・・・? ●Ceaseless as the interminable voices of the bell-cricket,all night till dawn my tears flow” 鈴虫の終わりのない声のように(asはように、ですか?) 一晩中夜が明けるまで私の涙はあふれます・・・・? Ceaselessをどこに入れて訳したらいいのかわかりません。 4) The mother answered ”Upon the thickets that teem with myriad insect voices falls the dew of a Cloud Dweller's tears”;for the people of the Court are called dwellers above the clouds. ●母は答えた、”Upon the thickets that teem with myriad insect voices falls the dew of a Cloud Dweller's tears”; 無数の昆虫の声と共に満ちている雑木林の上に雲の住人?(Cloud Dweller's)の涙の露が落ちます。 ・・・・・日本語にしてみて意味不明です・・・・ ●for the people of the Court are called dwellers above the clouds. 宮廷の人たちについては(forはついて・・・でしょうか?)雲の上の住人と呼ばれている。 短歌の英文が出てくると難しいです。。。。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 至急日本語訳お願いします!少し長い文ですみません。翻訳ツール無しでお願

至急日本語訳お願いします!少し長い文ですみません。翻訳ツール無しでお願いします。 THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOWの一部です。 In addition to his other vocations, he was the singing-master of the neighborhood, and picked up many bright shillings by instructing the young folks in psalmody. It was a matter of no little vanity to him on Sundays, to take his station in front of the church gallery, with a band of chosen singers; where, in his own mind, he completely carried away the palm from the parson. Certain it is, his voice resounded far above all the rest of the congregation; and there are peculiar quavers still to be heard in that church, and which may even be heard half a mile off, quite to the opposite side of the millpond, on a still Sunday morning, which are said to be legitimately descended from the nose of Ichabod Crane. Thus, by divers little makeshifts, in that ingenious way which is commonly denominated "by hook and by crook," the worthy pedagogue got on tolerably enough, and was thought, by all who understood nothing of the labor of headwork, to have a wonderfully easy life of it. よろしくお願いします。

• 至急翻訳お願いします!

britain is an old country with a large store of myths and legends. many of these stories cluster around Glastonbury,a small town in the southwestern county of somerset. one such story even states that jesus visited glastonbury when he was a young boy. perhaps the most famous character associated with glastonbury is king arthur. most of the stories associated with arthur are legends,but it is likely that they were based on a real person. arthur was probably a 6th-century british military leader who fought against the anglo-saxon invaders. in the stories,however,arthur became a larger-than-life hero. according to one legend,the british people were desperately looking for a leader to protect them against the anglo-saxon invaders. merlin,a great magician,showed the people a sword buried up to its hilt in a rock. he said that the person who could pull the sword out would be king. the strongest men in the country all tried in vain. but arthur,who was just a boy,was able to pull the sword out easily,and so became king. arthur had a courageous band of followers called the knights of the round table. they were constantly going off in search of adventure. often,the aim of their quests was to find the holy grail,which,according to some interpretations,was the cup from which jesus and his disciples had drunk on the evening before jesus was killed. the legends were sometimes romantic:one tells of one of arthur'sknights,sir lencelot,having a love affair with arthur's beautiful wife,guinevere. eventually,arthur was fatally wounded in a battle. he ordered one of his knights to take his magic sword,excalibur,and throw it into the lake. as he did,an arm reached out from the middle of the lake,caught the sword and slowly pulled it under the surface. the legend says that before arthur died,three mysterious women carried him away in a boat and took him to glastonbury,where he was buried. glastonbury today attracts thousands of people who are fascinated by these ancient legends. it also attracts thousands of music lovers,who go there every june for the glastonbury festival,which began in the 1970s. it is one of the biggest and most poplar music festivals in britain,and attracts some of the world's most famous and interesting bands. music fans who go there have to be tough and dedicated,as it almost always rains heavily during the festival period.

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

次の英文から分かることは、a~cのどれだと思いますか?訳もお願いします。 Richard Carpenter was watching TV at home one day in 1970 when he heard a song on a commercial. It was designed to attract young newlyweds. Richard recognised that it was just the song for Karen to sing and it was recorded in May of that year. To many young couples about to set off on married life it became their theme song. One such couple was Paul and Linda McCartney. Paul says, "Linda and I were just starting out; we kind of identified with `we've Only Just Begun'." 1. a)Richard found a commercial he liked on TV. b)A song on a TV commercial impressed Richard. c)Richard performed songs on TV commercials. 2. a)The commercial encouraged young people to get married. b)The commercial was selling weddings to young people. c)The commercial was aimed at young married couples. 3. a)Richard decided Karen should get married in May. b)Karen wanted to record a TV commercial. c)The song fitted Karen's voice perfectly. 4. a)A loy of young newlyweds identified with the song. b)This song made many young people get married. c)As the Carpenters were married, the song appealed to them. 5. a)The song was very meaningfulto the McCartneys. b)Paul McCartney recorded the song for his wife Linda. c)Paul was kind to his wife because of the song.

• A Mother's Lullaby

夏休みの課題です。 英語が全くダメなので← 得意な方、訳お願いします;; A big,old tree stands by a road near the city of Hiroshima. Through the years,it has seen many things. One summer night the tree heard a lullaby. A mother was singing to her little girl under the tree. They looked happy,and the song sounded sweet. But the tree remembered something sad. "Yes,it was some sixty years ago. I heard a lullaby that night, too." (以下は、この木の回想です。) On the morning of that day,a big bomb fell on the city of Hiroshima. Many people lost their lives,and over their bodies. I was very sad when I saw those people. It was a very hot day. Some of the people fell down near me. I said to them, "Come and rest in my shade. You'll be all right soom." Night came. Some people were already dead. I heard a weak voice. It was a lullaby. A young girl was singing to a little boy. "Mommy! Mommy!" the boy cried. "Don't cry." the girl said. "Mommy is here." Then she began to sing again. 続きます(泣)

• 英文の翻訳をおねがいします。

沖縄について英文で書かれた新聞記事を日本語訳をする という宿題が出ているのですが自分ではあまり上手に訳せないので 英語が得意な方、翻訳よろしくおねがいします。 NAHA--Most of the men in the Okinawa prefectural government building in early July were dressed in "kariyushi" shirts, Okinawa's take on Hawaii's famous aloha shirt. They seemed to be almost a uniform. Twenty-five of 33 men passing through the building's lobby and one of 17 women sported the tops. Some younger employees wore chino pants and sneakers, but the favored combination was resolutely formal: dark suit trousers and a kariyushi shirt. "I have about five of them, but, honestly, I don't wear them on holidays," one male worker said. The kariyushi has always had peculiarly close links to officialdom for a tropical shirt. The government's "Super Cool Biz" campaigns, urging public officials and other workers to dress in less restrictive clothing and reduce reliance on air conditioning, have given a significant boost to its sales, but connections to official policy making go way back to its invention. The Okinawa shirt, the predecessor of the kariyushi shirt, was created in 1970, two years before the 1972 return of Okinawa to Japanese sovereignty. The chair of a local tourism association came up with the idea of promoting tourism in the prefecture by wearing tropical-themed attire similar to the aloha shirts of Hawaii. At that time, kariyushi shirts were short-sleeved and open-collared, similar to aloha shirts. In 1990, officials solicited names for the shirts and decided to use "kariyushi," which means "joyous" or "good fortune" in the local dialect. The shirts reached a global audience when they were worn by the heads of states attending the Group of Eight summit held in the prefecture in 2000. That year, the prefectural government defined what could be called kariyushi clothing, insisting that it had to be manufactured within the prefecture and feature Okinawan designs. "Kariyushi" is now registered as a trademark for commercial use. Each garment comes with a tag that shows the product has been authorized. But despite the official connections, Kariyushi shirt design is thriving, with young designers striking out in new directions. Formal designs for funerals are gaining in popularity, and a kariyushi collection was showcased at the Tokyo Girls Collection fashion extravaganza in March this year, with audience members voting for a full-length one-piece kariyushi dress as their favorite item. A kariyushi design contest was held in fiscal 2010 to encourage new thinking. At Startex fashion in Chatan, Okinawa, a buttoned-collar style with a narrow chest, selling in both short and three-quarter-sleeved designs, is proving popular. The brand, founded four years ago by Shinjiro Tamaki, aims many of its shirts at office workers. Patterns feature Okinawan motifs such as the mythical, dog-like "shisa," the "gajumaru" banyan tree and the "kanmuri washi" crowned eagle. One shirt, featuring a "kumazemi" cicada pattern, uses a type of fabric used for aloha shirts from the 1980s. Lequio, a shop in Ginowan city, is also striking out into new territory with its pink, puff-sleeved kariyushi shirts for women, featuring Okinawan sights like the "yanbaru kuina" bird and the "deigo" tree. Men's shirts dyed with Okinawan indigo are also selling well. The designer of the Papas brand, Taro Aramaki, has released aloha shirts for men and women each summer for the past 25 years. His shirts come in more than 10 colors, with pink, white and red shirts particularly popular. They features a wide variety of motifs going beyond the usual kariyushi subjects, including tropical flowers, fruits, golf, yachting and paragliding. With office workers across Japan considering whether to go tropical as the mercury rises, Aramaki had one bit of advice. If you are going to wear a kariyushi or aloha shirt in the office, he says, do it with "a light-hearted, easy-going manner."

• 訳お願いします!

You’re in a department store and you see a couple of attractive young women looking at a sweater.You listen to their conversation: “I can’t believe it—a Lorenzo Bertolla! They are almost impossible to find.Isn’t it beautiful ? And it’s a lot cheaper than the one Sara bought in Rome.” They leave and you go over to see this incredible sweater.It’s nice and the price is right.You’ve never heard of Lorenzo Bertolla,but those girls looked really stylish.They must know.So,you buy it.You never realize that those young women are employees of an advertising agency.They are actually paid to go from store to store,talking loudly about Lorenzo Bertolla clothes. Every day we notice what people are wearing,driving and eating.If the person looks cool,the product seems cool,too.This is the secret of undercover marketing.Companies from Ford to Nike are starting to use it. Undercover marketing is important because it reaches people that don’t pay attention to traditional advertising.This is particularly true of the MTV generation—consumers between the age of 18 and 34.It is a golden group.They have a lot of money to spend,but they don’t trust ads. So advertising agencies hire young actors to “perform”in bars and other places where young adults go.Some people might call this practice deceptive,but marketing manager Jonathan Ressler calls it creative.“Look at traditional advertising.Its effectiveness is decreasing.”

• not~butとmake a fuss 等について

大学受験用の英文解釈に出ている問題なんですが、先ず It does not matter to a great actor what part he plays, whether it is that of a king or a beggar ; but only that he plays his part well. という英文です。全体の意味は分かっているつもりですが、but以下の部分が構文としてどのように成り立っているのかが分かりません。このbutは文の最初のIt does notのnotを受けたものと考えていいのでしょうか(いわゆるnot~butの構文として)?そして、but it only matters that が省略されたものと考えていいのでしょうか? それとbutの直前の;はどういう意味を持っているのか分かりません。 次に Whoever has to deal with young children soon learns that too much sympathy is a mistake. Too little sympathy is of course, a worse mistake. But in this, as in everything else, each extreme is bad. A child that invariably receives sympathy will continue to cry over tiny mishap; the ordinary self-control of the adult is only achieved through knowledge that no sympathy will be won by making a fuss.という英文です。mishapまではスラスラと意味が理解できるのですが、それ以下の英文、何がどんな風になればどうなるのか、言わんとしていることが理解できません。making a fussをどういう意味にとればいいのか解りません。子供を「ちやほやする」でtoo much sympathy と同じなのか、それとも別のことを言ってるのかよく解りません。どなたか解り易く教えていただけませんか。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

When things go wrong, I urge you to stop thinking about yourself. If you look around, you will see that everybody has disappointments, often far worse than yours. Watch and study how other women and men cope with disappointments. Many face their problems with courage and determination. Their example can inspire you to find the strength to react.  I would like to share with you the moving story of a young woman who courageously overcome the stress caused by a terrible burn accident. This young woman was a talented and successful ballerina. Dancing gave meaning to her life. Whenever she danced, she communicated the joy in her heart and the inspiration in her soul to the people who watched.  One Christmas day when she was preparing a special dinner for family, her dress caught fire. Within second, she became a human torch. The flames burned so quickly and cruelly into her flesh that she was mad with pain. She would have died if her father had not heard scream. He laced kitchen, threw himself on top of her, and put out the fire with his own body.

• 日本語訳を! 5-(5)

お願いします。 (13) From a passage in the Pyramid Texts, we know that Isis and Osiris had a son who challenged Seth, "in the name of Horus the son who avenged his father." Each time Horus fought Seth to take back the throne, Isis protected him from injury with her power. In a final battle, Seth turned into a ferocious crocodile. But Horus managed to spearthe crocodile, killing Seth. In the end, Horus restored ma'at to Egypt. (14) When the play was over, King Neferhotep and the procdssion had arrived at Abydos. Abydos was one of the most sacred places in ancient Egypt. One legend claims that Osiris himself is buried there. Another legend says the only part of Osiris buried at Abydos is his dismembered head. (15) Unlike today's religious buildings, in ancient Egypt temples were not open to the common people. Anyone entering the temple had to be "pure" so as not to offend the god. To become pure, the priests bathed several times a day. Hair could carry dirt or worse, lice, so priests shaved their bodies every three days. They even pulled out their eyelashes. The common Egyptian could only catch a glimpse of the shrines as they were moved from place to place. When the priests brought the statue of Osiris to meet King Neferhotep, people would have lined the route, not only to see the priests sing, dance, and perform, but also to peek at the shrine.