• ベストアンサー

日本語訳お願いします

以下の英文はあるホームページのニュース記事の冒頭です。特に「,」の後の日本語訳がわかりません。 a handicapとcompanyの名詞が二つ続き、次にsaysとisの動詞が2つ続いています(これがよくわかりません)。 [とりあえず日本語訳] Verizon Wirelessからの最新の音楽サービスが、どこかで得られたMP3音楽の再生の妨げになっている、不利な条件にあるその会社は純粋に一時的なものであり、著作権制限の競争とは関係ないものであると言っている。 The first edition of a new music service from Verizon Wireless hampers a cell phone's ability to play MP3 songs acquired elsewhere, a handicap the company says is purely temporary and unrelated to larger battles over digital copyright restrictions. 日本語訳お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • photonics
  • ベストアンサー率45% (24/53)
回答No.3

へたな訳ですが,次のような意味でしょう。 「Verizon Wirelessが出した新しい音楽サービスの最初のバージョンを使うと,ほかの場所から手に入れたMP3音楽が携帯電話で再生できなくなる。会社の話では,この欠点はごく一時的なもので,ディジタル著作権制限にかかわるより大きなあらそいとは関係がない。」 a handicapはその前の文章全体を受けた言葉です。さらにその後にhandicapを受ける関係代名詞whichが隠されています。the company saysは挿入句的な役割を果たしています。したがってばか正直に関係代名詞などを表に出すと次のようになります。 The first edition of a new music service from Verizon Wireless hampers a cell phone's ability to play MP3 songs acquired elsewhere, which is a handicap which, the company says, is purely temporary and unrelated to larger battles over digital copyright restrictions.

jimihenn
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。 挿入句に気をつけて読んでいきたいと思います。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

The first edition of a new music service from Verizon Wireless hampers a cell phone's ability to play MP3 songs acquired elsewhere, [a handicap (that) the company says] is purely temporary and unrelated to larger battles over digital copyright restrictions. 質問者の訳には、抜けあり。 The first edition a cell phone's ability [ ]は名詞節 that 省略 訳 その会社が申し立てている不利な条件とは・・・

jimihenn
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。 thatが省略されているわけですね。

noname#14811
noname#14811
回答No.1

a handicap is purely temporary... とう文章に"the company says"という文章が挿入されているだけではないでしょうか。 訳としては、 「同社によると、この不利な条件は純粋に一時的なものであり・・・」となると思います。

jimihenn
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。 "the company says"挿入されていたわけですね。 勉強になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳お願いします

アメリカの方と英語でメールのやり取りをしるんですが、どうしても意味が分からない文章があったので、日本語訳お願いします!! "but I do not want them to feel that is the only reason we are friends for I enjoy their company. So this is hard for me.... " 上の文です。よろしくお願いします!

• 日本語訳で困っています。

うまく日本語訳ができません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)As a means of readjusting and staying in touch with the international scene, you may want to consider contacting students who have been abroad, who are currently abroad, or who are thinking about going abroad. (2)There are many ways of maintaining contact with friends you made overseas. (3)Discussing things and sharing experiences with others is almost always worthwhile. (4)The key is to build on the cross-cultural coping skills you now possess and to find conscious ways of introducing your new self into your personal and academic life, not seeing it as a dream or something unrelated to your future. 問題は以上です。文が長いので訳が難しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• この英文の日本語訳を教えてください

以下の英文の日本語訳を教えてください。 It is possible to have a battery without an assault. 特に、battery と assault の違いについても解説して頂けると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を教えて頂きたいのですが…

ダライラマ A to zen of life  のA~Zまでの日本語訳を教えて頂きたいのですが。

• 日本語訳お願いします

日本語訳お願いします And now, to confuse you more, all around the UK you will meet people who have different accents. The words that you hear are not always the same words that the person says. Sex could well mean six or sacks, and to die may simply be today. Also, adults who want to avoid making a direct reference to the toilet will often declare, "I want to wash my hands So, what is a rest room used for, and what happens in a bathroom?

• 日本語訳(翻訳)をよろしくお願いいたします。

日本語訳(翻訳)をよろしくお願いいたします。 6月3日の昼過ぎまでによろしくお願いいたします。 (翻訳サイトなどを使用した訳はご遠慮願います) ↓↓ IN NEWS FROM SOUTH ASIA: The United Nations’ refugee agency is moving thousands of Afghan refugees who have come to Pakistan. The refugees will be moved from a camp near the town of Peshawar to a new camp several kilometers away. The U.N. says that as many as 250 Afghan refugees are entering Pakistan every day. The Pakistani government says it has closed its borders to new arrivals. The U.N. says it is already helping more than one million Afghans in Pakistan. The U.N. agency also has urged Tajikistan to accept about 10,000 Afghans currently living on islands between Afghanistan and Tajikistan.

• 日本語訳あっていますか?

日本語訳あっていますか? That allowed sand a gift -a copper beer mug- to 130 people in all, including colleagues in his company, business associates and his private golfing friends. =銅のビールマグ=をすべて〈同僚を彼の会社に含めている〉の130人の人々(ビジネス仲間 、および彼の兵卒 ゴルフ 友人 )へその許された贈り物を送った。

• どちらが正し日本語訳?

She is listening to music whilst folding origami. (1)彼女は音楽を聴きながら折り紙を折っています。 (2)彼女は折り紙を折りながら音楽を聴いています。 この英語に対する日本語訳は (2)のほうが適切かなと思うのですが、どうですか?

• 日本語訳にしてください!

日本語訳にしてください! 1. One aspect of humor is that it seems to be based on a violation of expectations. 2. Of course I expeted my clothes to be right outside the shower where I'd left them. 3. All children grow up to become liars anyway. 4. This is because being able to tell a good lie in certain circumstances is an important social skill. です、宜しくお願いします

• 次の英文の日本語訳をお願いします。直訳でなく、わかりやすい日本語だとあ

次の英文の日本語訳をお願いします。直訳でなく、わかりやすい日本語だとありがたいです (1)Such is the pleasure you give that you cannot to us too often. (2)Freedom is such a great blessing that we cannot pay too much