• ベストアンサー

no の使い方を教えてください。

Recently many local governments can find no alternative to raising taxes in order to pay for public services. の文でno の使い方はが分かりません。no は何を否定しているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いいたします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • hirosh
  • ベストアンサー率25% (12/47)
回答No.5

no を形容詞と考えてはいかが? I have two ideas.(私は持っている、2個の考えを) I have an idea. (私は持っている、(ある)1個の考えを) I have no idea. (私は持っている、ゼロ個の考えを) …というように、名詞につけて「数」を表していると思います。 ただ、ご質問の核は、ひょっとして、「alternativeを形容詞と考えるか、名詞として考えるべきか」という点なのではありませんか?  この場合は名詞でないと、findの目的語(=何を見つけるのか)に当たるものが無いことになってしまいますよね。  *alternative to ~で「~に代わるもの」という意味が辞書に載っています。ご参考までに。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (4)

• tadaoyagi
  • ベストアンサー率26% (86/322)
回答No.4

以下のように書き換えるとわかりますよね。 Recently, many local governments can not find any alternative to raising taxes in order to pay for public services. どうでしょうか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • Shinnbone
  • ベストアンサー率42% (146/345)
回答No.3

There is no alternative. = There is not any alternative. I don't have any friend. = I have no friend. She did not eat any cookie. = She ate no cookie. のように、否定を表します。英語的な表現ですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • tetujin3
  • ベストアンサー率47% (116/246)
回答No.2

I have no idea. と同じ構文の文章です。 「税金を上げる以外に公共サービスを支払うすべが見つからない。」 と言う意味。 詳しくは,英語の得意な人がフォローを・・・

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • tsurumiki
  • ベストアンサー率19% (74/380)
回答No.1

alternativeですね。 増税以外の選択肢を見つけられない、と日本語ではなるかと。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• notかno

notもnoも否定を表す言葉ですが、使い方は全く違いますよね。それでは次の文です。 How much are you prepared to pay? ― No more than 500. そこで質問ですが、no more thanは not more thanと全く同じように使って構わないのでしょうか?

• この英文の意味を教えてください

この英文の意味を教えてください "Companies can call customs officials to find out whether certain goods may be taken into the country, what they can expect to pay, and what documentation or taxes would be required for entry of the goods." trade shows についてです。

• 和訳してください。

Green taxes have proven to be both effective and fair, and we can expect more governments to adopt them in the worldwide struggle against pollution.

• 以下の文を和訳して頂けませんか?

「Unfortunately the pricing structure of our t-shirts is such that we cannot offer you discount larger than 15%. I am sorry for any inconvenience. If you would still like to place the order, we can accept the payment in the form of an International Money Order as long as it is an International Money Order in U.S. funds or an International Cashier’s Check in U.S. funds. If you pay with an International Money Order or International Cashier’s Check in U.S funds there must be a bank from the United States written on it somewhere AND there must be a bank routing number and account number printed on the bottom edge of the Money Order. The shipping cost would be determined when the order is placed; to find the shipping cost you would need to place the order on our website. Please let me know if you need any assistance placing the order and I can help you. Aside from the shipping costs, there should not be any additional fees or handling charges from Interpunk. However please keep in mind that once the package(s) is shipped, your country may charge you an import tax. Each country has different laws for the amount of tax (if any) that you must pay before customs will release your package to you. These taxes are out of our control and there is no way InterPunk can pre-pay these taxes. This is a tax that your country charges you to discourage you from buying things from out of your own country. You should contact your local custom's people to ask if your country has an import tax and on what type of products it applies to. I hope this helps. 」 すいませんがよろしくお願いします。

• nbsp  英文として出てきた場合の和文への翻訳は?

nbspは、空白文字を意味しますが、これが英文で翻訳対象に出てきた場合は、どう訳したらいいのでしょうか? 例文:You can use &nbsp to find any alternative ideas. 日本分:スペースを使うことで、他の考えが浮かんでくる。 (比喩表現で、落ち着いて考えて、他のアイディアを思い浮かべろ。」と言いたいのです。)

• &nbspのような機械文字が英文で翻訳対象に出てきた時の和文は?

&nbspは、空白文字を意味しますが、これが英文で翻訳対象に出てきた場合は、どう訳したらいいのでしょうか? 例文:You can use &nbsp to find any alternative ideas. 日本分:スペースを使うことで、他の考えが浮かんでくる。 (比喩表現で、落ち着いて考えて、他のアイディアを思い浮かべろ。」と言いたいのです。)

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Having a baby is expensive. There are so many things to get ready before the newborn arrives like; diapers, onesies, car seat, blankets, small towels, wipes, and the list goes on. Expectant parents find a lot of joy shopping for tiny socks and outfits for the baby. Still, as much as you want to prepare for every possible thing the baby will need, you can only stretch your pay cheque up to a point. この文のyou can only stretch your pay cheque up to a point.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• ( )に入る単語は?

A.『その国は国際基準に従うことを拒否した。』を意味します (1)The country refused to ( follow )( the ) international standards. (2)The country refused to ( comply )( with ) international standards. どちらが正しいですか? B.『郵便為替で支払うことも出来ます。』を意味します (1)You can also pay it by ( money )(  order ). (2)You can also pay it by ( postal )(  order ). どちらが正しいですか? C.『このシートに受取人のサインをもらって下さい。』を意味します (1)Please have the ( receiver's ) sign this sheet. (2)Please have the ( recipient's ) sign this sheet. どちらが正しいですか?

• 添削してください

「私は<Other taxes>からもいくつかのオプションを選んだ。 (赤字を減らすためにどうすればいいか、という内容の問題で、「選んだ」というのはいくつか項目があり、どれなら犠牲にできるかなど考えて選んだ、ということです。) その中の一つが"Increase Cigarette and Alcohol Taxes"だ。もちろん、タバコを吸う人やお酒を飲む人からすると、タバコ税やアルコール税を上げられるのは辛いことだと思う。しかし特にタバコは、吸う人だけでなく周りの人にも被害が及ぶ。税金を上げることで少しでも意識が変わったり、吸い始める人を減らすことができることができるのではないかと思う。」 ** I picked up some option in other taxes. One of them is "Increase Cigarette and Alcohol Taxes". Of course, I think that it is painful for people who drinking and smoking to raise cigarette and alcohol taxes. However, in particular, tobacco is damaged not only smokers but also around people. I think that raising tax can change their mind and reduce the number of people who start smoking. 最後の文章なのですが、I think をIt seemsに置き換えられるでしょうか? (= It seems to raise tax can change their mind~) I think を使いすぎるのは良くないと聞いたもので…。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。m(_ _)m

You misunderstand my question. I wish you to advise me of the additional costs that you will charge me for shipping the item to me in the UK. Knowing the cost of the item plus shipping, I will then be able to calculate the additional taxes I will be required to pay to HMRC on its arrival in the UK. Please supply me with the shipping costs that I will pay to you when I place an order for the item.

このQ&Aのポイント
  • マッサージ店での店員さん(女性)の下ネタ発言について、30代半ばの女性が不快な気持ちになった経験を述べました。
  • 女性がリラクゼーションサロンに行き、気さくな店員さんとの会話が楽しいと思っていたが、話が下ネタになって不快な気持ちになったと述べています。
  • ホットペッパーから予約しているため、口コミで下ネタ発言に不快な思いをしたことを伝えることができるか迷っているという状況です。
回答を見る