• 締切済み

there was nothing in it の意味(スポーツ用語?)

http://www.leaguelineup.com/topnews.asp?url=redbacks&sid=962316502&itemid=428756 There was nothing in it at halftime but it was obvious that the second half would present the Redbacks with an uphill battle in more ways than one. 得点差となるようなゲームの動きがなかったという意味か、内容のあるゲームではなかった、という意味かどちらでしょうか。

noname#17733
noname#17733
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• TKKT
  • ベストアンサー率37% (18/48)
回答No.2

自信は有りませんが、前段で戦術を練り直したと言うような事を言っていますので、私の解釈は: 「ハーフタイムではその戦術が効き目がなかったが、後半(the second half)ではRedbacksに色々と苦戦を強いた」というような意味だと思います。 出来る方の回答を期待しましょう。

• choijiwoo
  • ベストアンサー率16% (53/321)
回答No.1

どちらでもないですね。前後がわかればはっきり訳せますが、いずれにしろ、あなたの言うどちらでもないことは明らかですね。

noname#17733
質問者

補足

あなたの言うことがおかしいことも明らかですね。

関連するQ&A

• There was nothing but the

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/business/cars-in-recall-still-on-the-road-may-pose-danger.html?hp&_r=0 以下、上記の記事の冒頭の部分です。 There was nothing but the car key on Jacob Hughes’s key ring. It was 1:50 a.m., a clear April night. Mr. Hughes was driving his usual route home from work on the evening shift at a recycling company in Smyrna, Tenn. Rounding a bend at about 40 miles an hour, he hit a bump in the road — and suddenly the car shut down. The dashboard gauges dimmed, he said, the brakes lost pressure, the steering wheel felt like lead. Frantically, he said, he pumped the emergency hand brake but could not regain control. The Chevrolet Cobalt spun 180 degrees before slamming into a guardrail — a barrier that prevented it from tumbling down a 30-foot drop. In the nearly two months since General Motors announced it was recalling Cobalts and other small cars because of a faulty ignition switch, the auto company has maintained that the vehicles are safe to drive as long as motorists remove all objects from their key chains to eliminate jostling that could shut off the power systems and disable air bags. ----以下質問です--- 「There was nothing but the car key on Jacob Hughes’s key ring.」 上記は下記のような和訳でいいでしょうか。 「Jacob Hughesさんのキーリングには自動車のキーしか付いていなかった」 ---- 想定外?のような出来事なので、こんな訳でよいのかと思い、質問させて頂きました。 差し込んでいるキーがガタガタ振動するだけで、エンジンが急停止する事があるとは非道い車です。

• 強調構文 It is とIt wasの使い分け

よろしくお願いします。 It is(was) ~ that ・・・「・・・なのは~だ」という強調構文について質問です。 that以下が過去の場合、前のほうは、wasとisのどちらにするのがよいのか、という使い分けについて教えてください。 江川泰一郎『英文法解説』の54ページには、この点について、次の記載があります。 It was/is last week that I was him. のようにthat以下が過去の場合、前のほうはwasでもisでもよいが、wasで時制を一致させるのがふつうである。(江川泰一郎『英文法解説』 pp. 54) そして、以下の文に関して、前のほうをwasにするのかisにするのか、どちらが自然か、ということをネイティブ(カナダ人)に聞いてみたところ、以下のような回答を得ました。 (1)A: Mr. Hirose was born in 1970, right? B: No! It is(×was) Mr. Fujimoto that was born in 1970. (2)It was(×is) in the classroom that I left my pen. (3)It was(×is) my brother who helped me study English. (4)It is(×was) Mr. Koizumi that was more popular than Mr. Aso.  ※ここでのMr. Koizumi、Mr. Asoとは、小泉元首相、麻生元首相のことです。 ここでの「×」というのは、絶対にダメ、というのではなくて、どちらかというと、×のほうは、不自然である、という意味です。たとえば、(2)であれば、It was in the classroom that I left my pen.のほうが自然で、It is in the classroom that I left my pen.というのは、やや不自然になる、ということです。 以上のような回答をネイティブ(カナダ人)から得ましたが、どのようにしてwasとisを使い分けるのかがはっきりとわかりません。ネイティブも、感覚的に、どちらが自然かを判断しているだけなので、なかなか理論的な説明は難しいようです。 前に引用した『英文法解説』によると、wasで時制を統一するのが一般的、とのことですが、(1)と(4)で、isのほうが自然であるとネイティブが判断したのは、どのような理論が根拠にあるのでしょうか。 強調構文におけるwasとisの使い分けについて、理論的な説明をしていただける方は、ご教授よろしくお願いします。

• 「80年以上昔の話である」はIt is~かIt was~か?

「父の少年時代の話だから、今から80年以上昔のことである」という文を It is more than eighty years ago, for it is a story in my father's childhood. としたんですが、時制はこれでいいのでしょうか。 父の話は過去のこと、でも私が今から話を語るのは現在、と考えるとIt was ..., for it is ... であるような気もするし、父の話は過去のことなのだからIt was ..., for it was ... であるような気もします。 できるだけ解説付きでお答え願います。

• in ways の意味は?

The most important thing when healing someone from a traumatic experience is love. Love really is magical in ways, isn't it? 上記は手紙文の一節ですが、in ways に to some extent の意味があるのでしょうか? 手許の辞書や英辞郎には載っていません。weblioにはありますから、あると考えていいのでしょうね? それとも、他に訳し方がありますか? 宜しくお願いします。

• call it inの意味

One thing I remember most vividly is, a couple of people got on at the end of the line, the bus was mostly empty. After a minute they say, "You know, there's a whole lot of blood back here." I walked back, and there's a pool of blood the likes of which I've never seen. A large pool of blood. Someone sat there, bled out, and walked off the bus. I was in shock this happened while I was driving. I called it in and was instructed to bring the bus to the yard. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43de9p/driving-a-city-bus-on-the-nightshift-is-the-worst-job-i-ever-loved called it inとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 前置詞inの意味がわかりません

In creating luck for others, you yourself may reach the highest pick. This was a very hard decision for Dr. Kanto personally; yet, in making it, she was following the accepted medical practice of triage. 1つ目の文のIn creatingのinと2つ目の文のin making itのin 2つともinのあとに動詞が来てます このinはどういう意味かわかりません どなたか教えてください

• shove it in his face

I just got a rather large promotion at work that I’ve been working toward for a long time. At first my fiancé gave me a half-hearted congrats and insisted he was happy for me. But over the course of a few days, he became depressed, angry, and starting taking jabs at me for no reason. I finally asked what the issue was and he admitted that he was jealous of my promotion. He has a great job, and while I will make fairly more money than he does, I always have made more money. His job has predictable hours and much better benefits. When he was promoted a while back I was genuinely happy for him—I saw it as our success, not just his. He sees this as a competition that he has lost. It hurts a lot because I want him to be happy for me. I don’t gloat or shove it in his face, shove it in his faceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• It was the shortast game of my life.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より It was the shortast game of my life. 僕の人生で一番短いゲームだったよ。 (質問)ofについてお尋ねします。 (1)[in]を使いたくなりますが、ofとの違いを教えて下さい。 (2)辞書には[of]の用法が沢山掲載されていますが、この場合は「部分のof]でよろしいでしょうか?同類の参考例を幾つか、教えていただけませんか? 以上

• Awwwwh why was it so hard

Awwwwh why was it so hard today (sad) You gotta get some rest when you get home ! No I didn't it was my second day off today but I have to go back to work starting tomarrow (sad)(sad)(sad) I hope you have a great rest of your day though! I'm know you can get through it just fine, I believe in you (moon grin) ↑この場合のI believe in youは、 別に深い意味はありませんか? 友達同士でよく使う言葉なのでしょうか? 異性からの場合、好意などはこの文章で感じられますか?

• この場合の「in place」の意味を教えてください

北朝鮮のバンコデルタの口座凍結の話なんですが、以下の一つ目の文のin place on banks はどういう意味ですか。 BBCのhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/newsenglish/witn/2007/06/070615_nkorea_macau.shtml の第二パラグラフです。どうかよろしくお願いします。 In February the US agreed in principle that the money should be returned, but it didn't lift restrictions in place on banks around the world having any dealings with North Korea. The result was that no bank was willing to physically handle the money locked up in BDA and get it back to North Korea. They were worried about breaking US law.