• ベストアンサー

ジョークの笑いどころ(?)

すみません、このカテゴリで聞くような質問じゃないかもしれないのですが…大統領選挙に関するジョークです。 Remember it's not who wins tomorrow that's important it's the fact that this campaign has finally ended. It's hard to believe, just one more day until the Vietnam War is over. "just one more day until the Vietnam War is over. " ってなんの事を言っているのでしょう?笑いどころが分かりません。キャンペーンがベトナム戦争並みに大変だったてか!はっはっはっ!っていう事ですか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • yow
  • ベストアンサー率23% (181/782)
回答No.1

もっと詳しい人に説明をしてもらうのがいいと思いますが、ケリー氏はベトナム戦争に実際兵士としていっています。それが彼の政治に対する姿勢をつくったものといわれています。 そしてそれに対してブッシュは、ベトナム戦争にいくのを免除されるように父親のブッシュがはからいました。 文才がないのでうまく説明ができないので、参考urlをのせておきます。 つまり、大統領選で二人の候補者のベトナム戦争に対する姿勢のちがいに大きくスポットがあてられている、ということだと思います。

参考URL:
http://hiddennews.cocolog-nifty.com/gloomynews/2004/02/post.html
rcarlos
質問者

お礼

なるほど、軍歴の騒動に絡めているのですか。 でも、あんまり笑えないなぁ。向こうのメディアに毎日接していれば笑えるのでしょうか。 参考URL、他のコンテンツも興味深いです! ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

わっはっは、というようなジョークではないような。とりあえず、ほんの少し背景を。 2004の大統領戦では、ブッシュ、ケリーともに、ベトナム戦争時のお互いの軍歴をめぐってマッドスリンジングが展開されてきました。ケリーは、実際にベトナムで兵士として戦闘活動を行い、パープルハートなどの勲章を得るなど立派な経歴を誇っています。が、退役軍人の一部には、彼の軍人としての華やかな経歴に異議を唱えるものが現れたりもしています。(ブッシュ陣営の差し金と見られている。)また、ブッシュは、戦場に行かずにすむ州兵となるも、州兵としての勤務実績はほとんどなく、また改ざんされた勤務表なども出てきたりして、兵役逃れではないかと、ケリー陣営から激しく非難してきたわけです。 ということで、今回の選挙戦では、ベトナム戦争時の両候補者の行動も 争点の一つだったわけです。あと一日で、やっとベトナム戦争も終わるのかなあ・・・というところでしょうか。ながなが、失礼いたしました。

rcarlos
質問者

お礼

お忙しい中ありがとうございました!なんとなく分かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語のジョーク

意味は全てわかるのですが、何が面白いのかわかりません。どなたか教えていただけませんか? Interviewer: How much milk do these cows give? Farmer: Which one, the black one or brown one? Interviewer: The brown one. Farmer: A couple of litres per day. Interviewer:And the black one? Farmer:A couple of litres per day. Interviewer:I see, what do you give them to eat? Farmer:Which one, black or brown? Interviewer:Black. Farmer: It eats grass. Interviewer:And the other one? Farmer:Grass. Interviewer:Why do you keep asking which one when the answers are the same? Farmer:Because the black one is mine. Interviewer: Oh, whose's the brown one? Farmer: It's also mine!

• Obama and Clinton Trade Attacks on Eve

“Senator Clinton has said she is ready to lead from Day 1,” Mr. Obama said. “But it’s important on Day 1 to get it right, whether you’re talking about war or you’re talking about economic proposals.” she is ready to lead from Day 1最初からリードする構えである it’s important on Day 1 to get it right, 最初で決着をつけるのが重要だ でよろしいでしょうか。 The Clinton campaign also concentrated criticism on Senator Obama for recently saying that “it’s fair to say that the Republicans were the party of ideas for a pretty long chunk of time there over the last 10 to 15 years.” >the Republicans were the party of ideas このideasに相応しい日本語を教えてください。

• thatについて

カッコの中に適する語を選択肢から選べ It is more than fifty years ( ) World War II ended. (1)when (2)that (3)since (4)before という問題があって、答えは(4)sinceなのですが、(2)thatでも関係代名詞(World War II ended.の文で目的語が欠けているから)で「第二次世界大戦が終わってから、もう六十年以上にもなる」という訳になってOKな気がするのですが、thatではどうしてだめなのでしょうか?

• 以下の英文の意味を教えてください。

More important , one finds that the more complex and multi-levelled the history is , and the more important the issue which it raises for today , the less possible it is to sustain a fact-value division.

• 英訳お願いします

I will be in Naha for overnight next month. Finally. It's been a long time. The bad part is that I won't land until 330am

• From to

From 1945 until today,in everywhere from america to iraq, from somalia to iran,from vietnam to china the war is constantly happening. 皆さん こんにちは 上記の 文章を翻訳していただけませんか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いしたいです・・・

先日ハマった曲です 和訳をしていただけたら嬉しいです(;_;) 歌詞: Day by day We have lost our edge Don’t you know ? Forgotten is the life we led Now it seems You don’t care what the risk is The peaceful times have made us blind Can’t look back They will not come back Can’t be afraid It’s time after time Once again i’m hiding in my room The peaceful times have made us blind So you can’t fly if you never try You told me… Oh, long ago But you left the wall Out side the gate So more than ever, it’s real It was like a nightmare It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember the day of grief Now it’s strange for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Remember the day we met It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember a day we dreamt It’s painful for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Song for reluctant heroes Oh Give me you strength Our life is so short Song for reluctant heroes I wanna be brave like you From my heart Song for reluctant heroes Oh Give me you strength Our life is so short Song for reluctant heroes I wanna be brave like you Can’t look back They will not come back Can’t be afraid It’s time after time Once again I’m hiding in my room The peaceful times have made us blind So you can’t fly if you never try You told me… Oh, long ago But you left the wall Out side the gate Out side the gate So more than ever, it’s real It was like a nightmare It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember the day of grief Now it’s strange for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Remember the day we met It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember a day we dreamt It’s painful for me I could see your face I could hear your voice It was like a nightmare It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember the day of grief Now it’s strange for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Remember the day we met It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember a day we dreamt It’s painful for me I could see your face I could hear your voice

• この英語のジョークの意味が分かりません

最後7)のcat(猫)とミルクとの関連が分かりません。ひょっとしてスコットランド地方では、猫がミルクの貯蔵庫に入って、ミルクを盗み飲みすることが頻繁にあるという背景でもあるのでしょうか? それとも7)には別の隠された意味があるのでしょうか? catには男の意味もあるようですが・・・ ついでですが、 One student, in particular, was hard put to think of seven advantages のうちwas hard put to の文法構造が分かりません。 宜しくお願いします。 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% BIOLOGY EXAM: This is straight from Scotland. Students in an advanced Biology class were taking their mid-term exam. The last question was, 'Name seven advantages of Mother's Milk. The question was worth 70 points or none at all. One student, in particular, was hard put to think of seven advantages. However, he wrote: 1) It is perfect formula for the child. 2) It provides immunity against several diseases. 3) It is always the right temperature. 4) It is inexpensive. 5) It bonds the child to mother, and vice versa. 6) It is always available as needed. And then the student was stuck. Finally, in desperation, just before the bell rang indicating the end of the test, he wrote: 7) It comes in two attractive containers and it's high enough off the ground where the cat can't get it. He got an A.

• 和訳お願いします!

フランスの植民地だったベトナムが植民地解放運動をするときかなんかの話の一文です。 お願いします。 Even more than the Japanese victories in Second World War, it announced the end of white supremacy over the continent and the rise of east.

• far とmoreの使い分け

高校英文法の問題です This restaurant is ( ) nicer than the one we went to the other day. 1. far 2. more 3. too 4. very 答えは2だと思ったのですが、解答は1でした 理由を教えてください! よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m