• ベストアンサー

consider

We are considering this agreement, but do not want to commit to anything at this time. と言われた場合、このconsideeringは前向きに考えていると判断してよいのでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#118466
noname#118466
回答No.3

契約するかどうかは諸条件をconsiderして決めるということです。従って相手は真剣に検討を加えている筈です。そのような意味で前向きです。検討に値しない内容なら(既に他社と契約済み、品目、支払い条件、、テリトリーなど基本条件が合わないなど)その旨断ってくるでしょう。 日本人のconsiderは時間稼ぎ、婉曲に断る表現として海外では有名です。少なくともそのような印象を与えています。

renmiro
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。私も、日本人の私達がこの言葉を使う時は、否定的に使うので迷ったのです。これはアメリカ人からの文なのですが、その場合は前向きだと考えても良いですよね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#27172
noname#27172
回答No.4

これは 日本語の慣用的な表現である「検討してみます。」を苦し紛れに英訳した感じがしますね。

renmiro
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。でもアメリカ人からの文なんです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • count-d
  • ベストアンサー率26% (17/63)
回答No.2

あくまでもその件に関しては考慮している、程度で、 今後承認されるかどうかはどちらにでもなりうると いうことです。前向きとか後ろ向きとかいう感情は 一切無いと思います。

renmiro
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

契約を検討中だが、現時点では何の明言もするつもりはありません、と仰っているので、門前払いではないでしょうね。でも契約を結ぶかどうかは白紙です。

renmiro
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳を教えて下さい

We do not think this to be the case but are checking as we speak. この英文は、これが事件になるとは思えないけど、確認してみます。みたいな意味だと思いますが、 as we speakの意味がわかりません。 私たちが話したこの件に関して確認します。ということなのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

仕事との件で英語圏の支店からメールがきました。すみませんが詳しい方意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Is it ok for me to ask your time schedule for your web site and facebook launch? I know making a web site takes time but facebook can be initiate right away. I do not want to give you a pressure or anything but Jonathan wants to know your time schedule on this. Thank you.

• coming at this backwards

映画オデッセイからの一節ですが、JPL勤務のRich Purnellが、火星にとり残されたマーク(マットデーモン)を救出する方法を考えついたシーンでRichの上司が寝ていたRICHを起こし、 Sorry, but they are asking for the prove courses. Look, I know we're coming at this backwards.. But we can't commit to a firm launch date with this many unknowns. と言います。ここでwe're coming at this backwards.がどう言うことなのかがよくわかりません。backwardsとはこの場合どうゆうことなのでしょうか。解説を願い致します。

• Are we going to get off at this sta

Are we going to get off at this station? と Do we get off at this station?ではどんなニュアンスの違いがでてきますか? また電車に乗っていてもうすぐ駅に止まる時にはどっちの表現がいいですか?

• ショートジョークなんだと思うのですが意味が分かりません。

A blonde woman goes into an electronic store. She goes to an elrctronic store to buy a TV. She looks around and she calls over the salesperson. She says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I'd like to buy this TV." But the salesperson says, "I am sorry, but we do not sell to blondes, blonde women." and she is angry and she leaves the store. And the next time she comes back. She is wearing a black wig on her head. and she calls over the salesperson and she says to the sales person, "Excuse me, but I would like to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I'm sorry ma'am, but we do not sell to blondes." and she is angry again and she leaves the store for the third time. Finally, she comes back, this time she is wearing a red wig, dark sunglasses, a totally different dress and she says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I want to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I am sorry,but we don't sell to blondes." and she says, "well, how do you know I am a blonde?" and he says, "well ma'am, you are not looking at a TV, you are looking at a microwave." 「ブロンドの方には売れません。」「どうして私がブロンドだと知っているの?」「あなたが見ているのはTVではありません。電子レンジです。」だと思うのですが、BlondeとMicrowaveのひっかかり7意味が分らないのです。これってジョークなんでしょうか?

• イギリス人から来た貿易に関する文章です。

イギリス人から来た貿易に関する文章です。 よくわからないので訳していただけないでしょうか。 we are ready to go, and I guess the shipper needs to contact the factory at NY as normal?? Is this not the normal procedure, Chris normal controls this but, i think this is what normally happens

• 次の英文を和訳してください

The organization was paying for computer projects at universities all over the USA. But Bob Taylor was not happy with the results. He went to see his boss, Charlie Herzfeld. Charlie, we have a problem, he said. What is that? Herzfeld asked. We are throwing money away, said Taylor. We are paying different people all over the USA to do exactly the same study. What is wrong with them ? shouted Herzfeld, who had a strong Austrian accent and scared many of the people who woreked for him. Dont not they go to meetings? We pay for them to go to meetings. Why do not they just tell each other what they are doing? No, Charlie, that is not the problems, explained Taylor. Of course our people talk to each other. The trouble is that their computers do not. Their computers do not talk? What do you mean? asked Herzfeld. Well, look at my office. I have got connections there to all of our biggest computers. But if I want to communicate with the people at Santa Monica, I have to sit down at one machine. And if I want to talk to the computer at Berkeley, I have to get up from that machine, go over and sit at another one, and use a completely diffrent computer language.

• 教えてください 英文に自信がありません

ファンレターの〆の言葉として、英語が下手なことをあやまろうと 思っているのですが、以下の文章で通じるでしょうか? We are sorry to have not written this letter not much well. But we are glad to read. この手紙がうまく書けていなくてごめんなさい。 でも読んでくれて嬉しいです。 we are always wishing your success to be health. 私達はあなたの成功と健康をいつも願っています。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳願います。

It is not that I do not want to marry you, it would be a lovely dream to do so, I think. I do not think that we have this path ahead of us... but I want to have you in my life always, somehow. Duty as a man? To stand and hold the load, to carry it forward. To move and put the wants of man away. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いします。わかったとこは省きました><

but... for now I am happy just flirting online lol!! Um... I'm about to go to a meeting for a couple hours (I'm at work) but I'll send you one more email before I do. ... maybe you will not like it though, but I don't want to lie about the kind of person I am... like I already said, I like to talk about sexy things... and if you don't like that at all, I will just be honest with you now, you might not like me very much! But of course we don't have to talk about that stuff all the time, we can talk about anything... ^_^ この英文がへんなのはわかっています。 適切に答えるつもりです。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Yahooなどのサイトに繋がらない問題が発生しています。検索した画面からサイトに繋がらず、特にYahooには繋がらない状態です。パソコンとドコモ光のルータを再起動しても改善しない状況です。
  • ユーチューブへの接続には問題はありませんが、Yahooへの接続のみが困難です。再起動やルータの設定変更を試みましたが、問題は解決されませんでした。
  • Yahooへの接続ができない状況です。特に検索画面からのリンク先に繋がらず、利用に支障をきたしています。ヤフーに関連する設定に問題がある可能性がありますが、解決方法がわかりません。
回答を見る