My Boyfriend's Disturbing Encounter: A Shocking Reality

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A disturbing encounter with a burglar leaves me questioning my boyfriend's actions
  • Despite his kind and gentle nature, my boyfriend brutally attacks the burglar
  • Authorities praise my boyfriend's handling of the situation, but I'm left unsettled
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for nine months, and he’s kind, gentle, and thoughtful. But last week I had an experience that has given me pause. My apartment building has been hit by burglars several times over the past few months. Last week, my boyfriend and I came home and were surprised by a burglar coming out of my apartment door. My boyfriend confronted him, and the burglar charged at him—whether to push past or attack, it’s hard to say. My boyfriend quickly subdued the burglar and told me to call 9-1-1. Here’s where it gets disturbing. He very calmly told the burglar, “Now it’s time for you to learn your lesson.” And he proceeded to beat the man unconscious, deaf to my protests that he should stop. My boyfriend handled the police (I didn’t contradict him) such that they were ready to pin a medal on him. My boyfriend handled the police such that they were ready to pin a medal on him.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4073/5300)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

> such thatは、「結果して」とか、「そのため」みたいな感じでしょうか? ⇒ はい。「結果として」が適訳だと思います。 > 「意のままに」は意訳でしょうか? ⇒ はい。「意のままに(言いくるめた)」は My boyfriend "handled" the police の "handled" の部分にあたります。https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=handle 「私のボーイフレンドは警察を「操作した/手玉に取った」」という部分を、「意のままに(言いくるめた)」としました。 私のボーイフレンドは警察を手玉に取り、結果として警察は彼に感謝状(勲章)を授けようとした。 でもよいと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

My boyfriend handled the police such that they were ready to pin a medal on him. 私のボーイフレンドが警察を意のままに言いくるめた結果、警察は彼に感謝状(勲章)を授けようとした。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。such thatは、「結果して」とか、「そのため」みたいな感じでしょうか?「意のままに」は意訳でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

関連するQ&A

• 和訳を教えてください、宜しくお願いします。

I told him the fundamental points of the game,   and he answered my talk with questions that he want explained.

• 和訳お願いします!!!

When we arrived at my college, however, the thought came to me that the creature might still be in my apartment.【 For if I feared to see him again myself, I feared even more lest Clerval should see him.】 Begging my friend to wait a minute, I ran up the stairs and threw open the door. But nothing appeared. The apartment was empty. My heart rose and I could barely believe my good fortune. この【】の文章なのですが訳し方がよくわかりません。わかる方訳を教えてください!お願いします!!!ちなみに自分で訳した訳は もし私が再び彼を見るのを恐れたら、私が彼を見るのを恐れるということ以上に Clerval が彼を見やしないかということを恐れた。

• lost his way

I thought my husband and I had a great marriage -- until I looked on his phone and found text messages to another woman. I was crushed. I asked him about it, and he said that it was nothing and that there were only a few messages. When I checked our cellphone details, I was completely devastated to find that it had been going on for almost a year and there were almost 2,000 text messages during the past six months. When I talked to him about this and all the lies he had told me, he said he had lost his way and he was sorry and didn't want to lose me. lost his wayはここではどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I suffer from very severe clinical depression and anxiety disorder. I am under a doctor’s care, but I still have times when these issues overwhelm me. Recently, my life has been more stressful than usual. I have tried to talk to my husband about my depression in the past, but he just tells me that I have a good life and I shouldn’t feel that way. I told him I don’t feel like I can talk to him about what is going on with me because of these responses. He assures me he is my biggest supporter and I can talk to him about anything. This past weekend I told my husband I was feeling very depressed, and his response was to roll his eyes and say, “What’s wrong with you now?” I told him again that these reactions are why I don’t feel like I can actually talk to him. His response was to get angry with me because I refuse to realize how good I have it. how good I have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

下記の文章なのですが、和訳をお願いします。 よろしくお願いいします。 I totally understand you and I did tell him that you have alot on your mind right now.... I will tell him when you are ready to contact him, you will.. Any help you need just let me know.... He is one of my best friends and is cool. Take care and my heart goes out to all.... I told you before but when your ready you can post on the stern group about how Japan is coping there....... My prayers go out to all....keep in touch....

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

映画のとあるシーンです。 普通の人とは違う特殊なものが見える人が、オカルトショップを経営しています。 その店に、変わった男が訪ねてきました。 その時のことを、経営者が思い出しながら話している、という状況です。 He came to my shop. He said he sees it too. He said I can help him stop what's coming... ... that what I saw is salvation. A salvation that some people wants to stop. He said I can help him and I should see what he sees to understand. What I saw was those he killed a long time ago and those he will kill in the future. He just looked at me, sad, and said that he knows my decision before I even say it. He gave me this mashine. He said to use it if the vision changes back.

• 和訳お願いします。

After that, I called Information Please for everything. I asked for help with my geography and she told me where Philadelphia was, and the Orinoco - the river I was goin to explore when I grew up. She helped me with my arithmetic, and she told me that a pet chipmunk - I had caught him in the park just the day before - would eat fruit and nuts. And there was the time that our pet canary died. I called Information Please and told her the sad story. She listened, and then said the usual things grown-ups say to soothe a child. But I did not feel better: why should birds sing so beautifully and bring joy to whole families, only to end as a heap of feathers feet up, on the bottom of a cage? She must have sensed my deep concern, for she said quietly, "Paul, always remember that there are other worlds to sing in". Somehow I felt better. Another day I was at the telephpone."Information," said the now familiar voice. "How do you spell fix?" I asked. "Fix something? F-I-X." At that instant my sister, trying to scare me, jumped off the stairs at me. I fell off the footstoo;, pulling the receiver out of the box. We were both terrified - Information Please was no longer there, and I was not at all sure that I hadn't hurt her when I pulled the receiver out. Minutes later there was a man at the door. "I'm a telephone repairman. I was working down the street and the operator said there might be some trouble at this number." He reached for the receiver in my hand. "What happened?" I told him. "Well, we can fix that in a minute or two." He opened the telephone box, did some repair work, and then spoke into the phone."Hi, this is Pete. Everything's under control at 105. The kid's sister scared him and he pulled the cord out of the box." He hung up, smiled, gave me a pat on the head and walked out of the door.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 1.He only listens to what please him. 2.The man and his horse that fell into the river were drowned. よろしくお願いします

• give this a fair shot

Three months ago, I relocated for my long-distance boyfriend. I left my dream job, my beloved city and great friends, and took a significant pay cut to move to a new city to live with him. When I first made the move, we were incredibly happy to finally be ending our long-distance relationship. Now, things are markedly different. We've been fighting almost daily, and my usually sunny disposition has dimmed dramatically to the point where friends and family are starting to worry about me. The main reason we fight is because of my cats — two adorable, sweet and loving cats I adopted five years ago, long before I met my boyfriend. My boyfriend has never been fond of my cats, but told me he would do his best to get along with them when I moved in with him. He hasn't. His only interaction with them has been to yell at them and chase them into a tiny powder room where we keep their litter box. They've become so scared of him that they hide in a crate to avoid him. To make matters worse, he has a dog that he treats like a king, and expects me to do the same. He now says he doesn't think he can live with cats, and he wants me to send them away to live with my parents. I feel like this is incredibly unfair to me and diminishes the importance of my cats in my life. If the tables were turned, I feel he would absolutely choose his dog over me. Part of me wonders whether this goes beyond just a hatred of cats. Is he simply unwilling to compromise in general, whether it's about cats or anything else? He says that's not the case, and that without the cats, things would be back to normal. I'd love to give this a fair shot since I've already sacrificed so much and it does seem silly to end a 2 ½-year relationship over cats. give this a fair shot はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• want him out

Two years ago my family had a run of bad luck, which landed us in a homeless shelter. I got an apartment fairly quickly, and it's mine and my daughter's. My mother was supposed to move in rent-free, but she brought her boyfriend, who I didn't want here. He's still here and barely contributes to the expenses. I recently lost my job and he promised to help out more financially, but he hasn't. He continues to mooch. This has caused so much stress between my mother and me. Hate is a strong word, but I hate him and want him out. want him outは「いなくなってほしい」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします