• ベストアンサー

self-soothe

My wife and I had a beautiful baby boy less than a year ago. My wife has developed a bad habit of bringing our son into our bed when he cries. She refuses to let him self-soothe in his crib. self-sootheはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5368)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"self-soothe" 自らなだめる/落ち着く/泣き止む 赤ん坊が泣きだすと、奥さんは彼を夫婦の寝室のベッドまで連れてきてしまいます。夫はそれに反対しており、赤ん坊が自ら泣き止むまで、赤ん坊をベビーベッドの中に放っておくべきだと言っています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• came unglued

My one-and-a-half year-old son and two-and-a-half year-old daughter are having trouble sleeping. My wife and I have tried everything. My wife got mad at me because I suggested giving both of them Benadryl before bed. My wife came unglued and said there is no way she is going to drug our kids. ungluedは「我を忘れて」でしょうか?なぜgot ungluedではなくcame ungluedなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• retirement portfolio

My wife and I are in our early 50s and my mother-in-law died almost two years ago. My wife’s parents were married for 55 years, and as an only child she was close to both of them. The death was devastating for everyone. My father-in-law is a healthy and energetic 84-year-old with a comfortable retirement portfolio. retirement portfolioはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• cordialの訳し方

I grew up with two siblings -- a brother and a sister. My brother, his wife and three children lived near our parents. My family and I (wife, two children) lived some distance away. We maintained contact through holiday cards and drop-by visits. Everything was cordial, if not particularly close. In hindsight, all direct interaction with my folks was always at our initiation. Sadly, my brother passed away quite suddenly a few years ago. He was still a relatively young man. My SIL still maintained infrequent, cordial contact surrounding major events (kids' graduating, my father's passing), but that's about it. しばしばcordialの適した訳が辞書にないのですが、ここで出てくる2つはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I work for a nonprofit and have developed a close relationship over the years with my (now former) board chairman. He has been a true mentor and a good friend, and we’ve talked about our personal lives to each other. A few years ago his wife died tragically in an accident, but since then he has started dating. There has never been anything other than friendship between us, although I did have a crush on him long ago. At our organization’s annual gala the other night, he got extremely drunk. He was stumbling, going up to women he knows, hugging and kissing them, and caressing backs and hands. galaはfestivalと何か違うのでしょうか?あと、backsは複数の人の背中だから複数形なのでしょうか?(背中は一つなのでa backとしてしまいそうなのですが)よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

When I moved into my current home with my husband, "John," and our 7-year-old son three years ago, we invited my mother over to see the new house. We were annoyed but not surprised when she found our spare key and made a copy for herself. Since then, she has seen herself in at any time, without calling in advance. she has seen herself inとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My brother-in-law asked that we all come around when possible on lunch hours, nights, and weekends to help keep her company. Our aunt made a schedule for people to stop by complete with bringing meals. stop by complete with bringing mealsの解説をよろしくお願いします

• in vs at

My niece was married at city hall nearly two years ago. My wife and I attended the ceremony, and afterward, we went to lunch. Two weeks later, they had a small catered reception at his grandmother's house. My wife and I attended and gave them a card with a check. Now they want to have their wedding blessed in a church. a card with a checkは「小切手付きのカード」でしょうか?あと、in a churchの代わりにat a churchは言えるでしょうか?なぜatではなくinなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文法的に正しいでしょうか

Every year my family goes to the beach for a week, and every year my nephews refuses to go into the ocean. He is content with playing in the sand and swimming in the pool. My brother and SIL spend the week arguing with, dragging the boy to the water, and threatening to end the trip early. arguing withの withはなぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• long weekend?

My wife and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and went away for a long weekend. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearabby/s-2149024 went away for a long weekendはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• take the fact

My 15-year-old son and his stepmom, my wife of eight years, have developed such a contentious relationship that I don't know what to do anymore. He's not a bad kid but has a history of lying about grades, schoolwork, and some really silly things like cleaning his room. I've been disciplining him for years now. Grounded, do chores, etc. She takes the fact that I can't eradicate the lying as a failure of my parenting, and creates situations all the time where they fight. takes the factはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします