Fight Between Human and Gods in a Movie

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The story revolves around the battle between the people of Tataraba who destroy the forest to mine the mountain and the gods of animals who protect the forest.
  • Tataraba is a Japanese iron-making technique using sand iron, known for its production of high-quality iron.
  • In the movie, the Tataraba people, led by Eboshi, are willing to confront the forest gods and cut down the forest in order to make iron.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削してください

ある映画についてのペーパです。 「物語の中心となるとは、山を破壊し製鉄を行うタタラバの人間たちと、山を守ろうとする動物の神たちの戦いである。タタラとは砂鉄を使った日本独自の製鉄技術であり、非常に上質な鉄を作り出すことができた。しかしそれには膨大な木炭が必要であり、その原料となる森林が多く切り倒された。作中でもエボシをリーダーとするタタラの人たちは、鉄を作るために森の神々との対決を覚悟で森を切り倒していく。」 To be the center of the story is the fight between the human live in Tataraba who destroy the forest to mine the mountain and the gods of animals that to protect the forest. Tatara is Japanese unique iron making technology using sand iron, it was able to produce high quality iron. However, it need to huge amount of charcoal, and many forests as raw materials was cut down. Even while in the movie, Tataraba people who have Eboshi as leader will cut down the forest to make iron at the resolution of confrontation with the forest gods. ・ちなみに、製鉄をmineとしましたが、これはWikipediaに載っていたdestroy the forest to mine the mountainをそのまま引用しました。 少し長いのですが…こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

The film is centered around[*1] a conflict[*2] between the people of Tataraba, who live in the forest to produce iron destroying the forest in the process, and the 'gods of animals,' the guardians[*3] of the forest. 'Tatara' refers to a unique process of making iron from sand iron. This process is seen only in Japan and although it generates[*4] high quality iron, the process requires a significant amount of charcoal and many trees had to be cut down to supply them. In the film, the people of Tataraba led by Eboshi, are prepared to confront with the gods of the forest, and continue to cut down the forest to produce iron. *1: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=center+around *2: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=conflict *3: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=guardian *4: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=generate

wxw
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 参考になりました!

関連するQ&A

• 添削いてください

ある映画のペーパです。 「最近の自然問題の取り組みからわかるように、アシタカは非常に現在の私たちに近い存在だと思う。私たちは自然も人間も共生できるような世界を望んでいる。そして、タタラバのリーダーのエボシもまた私たち現代人の象徴であるような気がする。 彼女は平等社会を築き、新たな発展のために森を壊している。 これは私たちがやってきたこと、そしてやろうとしていることに似ている。」 As we can see from recent efforts on natural issues, I think that Ashitaka is very close to us today. We hope a world where nature and humans can coexist. Furthermore, it seems that Eboshi of the leader of the Tataraba is also a symbol of modern people. She was building an equality society and destroy the forest for new development. This is similar to what we have done and what we are trying to do. ・「そして」を英語にするとAndだと思うのですが、ペーパーなどではあまりAnd, So などの表現は良くないと聞いたので、forthermoreにしました。 ・そのほか、英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削してください。

ある映画のペーパーです。 「先ほど述べたように、エボシはタタラ村の人々(特に女性達)の信頼も厚く、彼 らの「命」を救える唯一の存在であった。同様に乙事主率いる猪達の側も、彼らとて山を削られては自らが生きて行けぬからこそ怒り、敵対したのだった。 この「命」の価値は、人間の側にも猪の側にも等価値であり、だからこそ「共存」の糸口 は見つからないというジレンマが残るのである。しかも作品中では、 それに対する明確な回答が示されていない。」 As I mentioned before, Eboshi was trusted by people who live in Tataraba (especially women) and was the only one who can save their "life". As with wild boars led by Ottoko was angry and hostile, because they could not survive by cutting the mountain. The value of this "life" is equal to both the human side and the wild boars side, so it remains a dilemma that we can not find a clue for "coexistence." Moreover in the story, there is no clear answer to it. ・乙事主は調べるとOttokoのみだったので、そのようにしました。 ・こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の添削をお願いします!

英語が得意な方、お力を貸してください。 添削していただけるとたいへん助かります。 どうぞ宜しくお願いします。 1. Located in the eastern part of Yuzawa City, the Dakigaeri Valley is known for its spectacular views – and its interesting name. According to old stories, the mountain road that people used to travel on through the area was so narrow that people who needed to get around each other had to hold each other tight (daki) as they switched places on a return trip (gaeri). 2.The paths that now lead through the scenery, which is well worth the visit, are much easier to traverse. Dakigaeri is located in the middle of a forest that transforms into a bright patchwork of colors with the coming of autumn, and adding to the colorful affair is the Kami no Iwahashi, a red suspension bridge that stretches across the valley.

• 添削してください。

ある映画についてのペーパーです。 「森を壊すことは生きために必要な手段であるため、人間が「悪」だとは一概には言えない状況なのである。さらに山犬に夫を殺された女性を登場させたりし、言わば「加害者」としても自然も監督は描いた。 ここから見て取れるように、人言と自然の関係性を善悪の価値観で判断するのは間違いだと思える。また、アシタカは最後まで、「森と人、双方として生きられる方法はないのか?」と、その答えを探して葛藤します。」 Thus, to break the forest is a necessary means to live, so it is a situation that human beings are "evil" can no be said unconditionally. Moreover, the director appeared a women who got killed her husband by wolf, so to say he expressed a nature as "perpetrator". As can be seen from this, it seems that it is a mistake to judge the relationship between humanity and nature with the values of good and evil. Also, Ashitaka struggles to find the answer, "forest and people, as both sides can live," until the end of the story. ・一概に言えない状況、というのをどのように英語で言えばいいのかわからず…とりあえずそのままsituationとしました。 ・こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 英語 添削

Her father was a Norwegian called Brevald who was often to be seen in the bar of the Hotel Metropoie drinking rum and water. He was a little old man, knotted and gnarled like an ancient tree, who had come out to the islands forty years before as mate of a sailing vessel. 彼女の父はノルウエー人てわ、ブレヴァードと呼ばれていた。 よく、メトロポイエホテルのバーでラム酒を飲んでいた。 彼は中年で、もつれ、ふしくれだった古い木のようだった。 彼は40年前、島から現れた船の航海士だった。 自分なりやったんですけど、添削してもらえますか?(´・_・`)

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (4) As a queen, Hatshepsut's powers were limited. When a king took the throne, he became a god and the middleman (or middlegod?) between the heavenly gods and the people. One of his most important jobs was to please the gods. That guaranteed the desired balance known as ma'at. Egypt could then flourish. No king meant no ma'at, which meant no flourishing. Egyptians would be doomed to the chaos of the Intermediate Perimds. If Hatshepsut hoped to maintain ma'at, she must first become a king. She needed to show the people that the gods were pleased with her as the ruler, that the gods recognized her as king, and that she herself was indeed divine. What better way to prove her divinity than to claim that it was the gods' idea in the first place? Who would question a choice made by the gods? (5) Hatshepsut set out to show Egypt that she was no mere mortal, but the daughter of the great god Amun, who personally chose her to be king. To justify her kingship, Hatshepsut made up a story of her birth and commissioned artists to illustrate it. In the final scene Hatshepsut is presented to all the gods, who recognize her as king. To be sure there was no doubt about her destiny, Hatshepsut included in the text these words, supposedly from Amun himself, "This daughter of mine...I have appointed successor upon my throme.... It is she who will lead you. Obey her words and unite yourselves at her command." (6) In just seven years Hatshepsut transformed herself from a dutiful co-ruler into a deity. She wore a king's crown and clothing. She carried the king's staff. She even hung the king's ceremonial hairpiece, a braided beard, from her ears with string.

• 添削お願いします

1)He managed a wide range of music, it is make it hard to get a whole picture of him. 2) He was a person who make it hard to get a whole picture of him, because he managed a wide range of music. 「彼は音楽の活動幅が広く、全貌がとらえにくい人であった。」 と英文にしてみたのですが、こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 1と2両方載せましたが、どちらかで結構です。 こっちの表現の方が正しい、という方を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳の添削お願いします!

自分なりに訳しましたが、一部訳せないところなどあります。訂正・解答お願い致します<m(__)m> 1) I was impatient to return to England for the pleasure of seeing my book in the windows of the bookshops, but to my surprise and chagrin, not a copy was to be seen anywhere. ・私は、書店の店頭に自分の書物を見たいと思って、イングランドに戻りたくてやきもきしておりましたけども、私の驚いたことまた無念なことには、一冊もどこにも見出されることはなかった。 2) This too stemmed from the traditions of studying Latin and Greek in England, but surely it was expecting too much of students who had received so little exposure to any from of the Japanese language. ・これはまた、イングランドにおけるラテン語やギリシャ語を勉強する伝統から生じたものであったのですが、日本語のいかなる形態にもほとんど接触することがなかった学生たちに、それはあまりにも多くのことを求めていたのであります。 3) I was proud to be at one of the great universities o fEurope, and the fact that I was actually earning a living by doing what gave me greatest pleasure, reading literature was almost too goog to be ture. ・私はヨーロッパの立派な大学の1つにいることを誇りにしていたし、また私に大きな喜びを与えてくれること、文学を読むことで、実際に生計を成すという事実は信用できないほど良かった。 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳添削お願いします。

和訳の訂正など宜しくお願いします。 I would memorize passages I particularly liked and recite them to friends, even those who knew not a word of Japanese, being convinces that the beauty would be apparent from the sounds alone. ・私は特に好きな通説を暗唱して、そして日本語を一語も知らない友達に対してさえも、誇らしく物語りたい、その美は音からだけでも明らかになろうと確信しておったからなのです。(もはやぐちゃぐちゃ…) I learned at this time that the Chinese Government(the present government of Taiwan) was offering fellowships to Americans who had served in China during the war and who intended to pursue a career related in some way to China. ・私はこの頃、中国政府(現在の台湾政府)が戦争中に中国で軍部について、中国に何らかの関係を持つ仕事を追求する意図があるアメリカ人に、奨学金を提供していることを知った。 This too stemmed from the traditions of studying Latin and Greek in England, but surely it was expecting too much of students who had received so little exposure to any from of the Japanese language. ・これはまた、イングランドにおけるラテン語やギリシャ語を勉強する伝統から生じたものであったのですが、日本語のいかなる形態にもほとんど接触することがなかった学生たちに、それはあまりにも多くのことを求めていたのであります。 以上、宜しくお願いします<m(__)m>

• 添削してください

映画の感想を日本語から英語に直したので添削して欲しいです。 「一番気になったのはエンディングのシーンです。アシタカはサンとともに森でシシ神の森を守るものとして生きるわけではなく、サンもまた人間を理解しタタラバで生きるわけでもない。 一緒に暮らすわけではなく、お互いの世界で生きていこう、という終わり方です。 もし「自然は大事だから、大切にしよう」というメッセージの映画であれば、2人が別々の場所で生きていく結末にはならないはずだ。」 The most interesting scene is the ending scene. Ashitaka will not live to protect the Shihigami of the forest with San, and San will not live in Tataraba with Ashitaka and understand human. It is not the way to live together, it is the way to live each other's world. If this movie's messege is "the forest is important, let's treasure", it should not be the conclusion that they will live in different place. こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。