• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:ある英語本の選択肢の問題)

英語本の選択肢問題の解答について

成る丸(@Narumaru17)の回答

回答No.3

I’ve been invited to the boss’ home for a cocktail party. ボスの家で開かれるカクテルパーティーの招待されたよ。 *カクテルパーティーでは、カクテルと軽食が用意されることが多い。 A) そういや、あの人料理が上手なんだって。 B)あいつにはスコッチとソーダーを注文すべきだよ。 A)の返答はパーティーで出される料理の事を話題にしているので適切。 B)の返答は、普通は、Pub等での会話ととるほうが普通。 おそらく、cocktailだけ読んで酒場の会話と早合点した人用の引っ掛け問題。 また、店にいるわけでもないのにパーティーに招待されたから、「あいつにはスコッチとソーダーを注文すべきだよ。」とうのはおかしいと思います。『家で開かれるカクテルパーティー』ですから。 注文(order)なんて単語は出てくるはずが無いのです。 分かりにくい解説だったらすいません。 補足質問してください。

KAIJI-000
質問者

お礼

ちょっと僕がひねくれていたかもしれません。解説ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の分からない問題を教えてください

次の1~5に続く文はa~eのどれだと思いますか?できれば解説もお願いします。 1.I can't understand why... 2.Today I'm sure a letter or card... 3.I have been waiting very calmly for a letter 4.Because you've ignored me 5.Anyway, please take a took inside your bag again a)saying he's on his way back. b)has come from my man, wherever he is. c)because I really need that letter now. d)I haven't heard from my boy for all this time. e)for such a long time you can see I'm crying.

• Scotch&Sodaは何系?ですか。

Scotch&Soda(スコッチアンドソーダ)はと言う、オランダ アムステルダム発祥のブランドがありますが、ファッションに詳しい方なら このブランドの商品は総じて何系なのでしょうか。メンズです。 ネットにはB系、ストリート系となっていますが、とてもB系には 見えません。キレイ目にも見えます。アメカジ風にも。 元々、このメーカーは何系を売りにしているブランドでしょうか。

• 英語の課題を助けてください!

英語の課題を助けてください! どうしても分かりません。お願いします!>< 問題は、「次の会話を訳し、設問に答えなさい。また、その答えの根拠となる部分を示しなさい。」です。 会話 A:Why is he taking so long? B:He has to get changed, you know. He's got all that makeup to take off. A:Well, we've been here forty minutes now. It's cold out here. Are you sure we're at the right door? B:Yes, I'm sure. Come on. Let's not give up now. I've just got to see him close up. A:They say he's really quite ugly. B:Oh, no, that's not true. I've seen him on TV a couple of times. He's got the cutest smile. A:Well, I don't know. I'm just about frozen. If he doesn't come out in another two minutes, I'm going home. B:Oh, look! Here he comes. 設問 1. Where are these people? 2. What are they doing? 3. Who are they talking about? 4. Are they men or women? How can you tell?

• 英語の問題

1[ ]の動詞を適当な形に直して( )にいれなさい。 1.If I ( ) rich,I would buy the bicycle made in France.[be] 2.If I ( ) a driver's license,I could get to the airport in time.[have] 3.If he ( ) at the party,I would have taken a picture with him.[be] 4.If she ( ) me,I could have gone shopping in Shibuya with them.[call] 2各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、 ( )に適当な語をいれなさい。 1. a)I don't have a piano, so I can't practice every day. b)If ( ) a piano,I ( )( ) every day. 2. a)As he doesn't drive carefully,I won't ride in his car. b)If he ( ) carefully,I ( )( ) in his car. 3. a)I wasn't with her at that time,so I couldn't help her. b)If I ( )( ) with her at that time,( )( )( ) her. 4. a)Because I told him the truph,he got angry. b)If ( )( ) him the truth,he ( )( )( ) angry. 5. a)I didn't prepare for the test,so I can't answer this question. b)If I ( )( ) for the test,I ( ) answer this question. どうしてそういう答えになるのかも 簡単に教えてくださると嬉しいです(^-^)

• 英語の問題です。

【C】や【D】などの語句や熟語の言い換えはおそらく解けたのですが、意外と【A】問題のような記号問題が難しく感じました。誤りの指摘も少しあやしいです。 文法的な解説も合わせて、回答お願いします。 【A】 1 It was a wonderful party. You () have joined us.   アcan イought ウshould エwill 2 I stopped and waited ().   アthe car to pass イfor the car pass ウfor the car to pass エthe car passing 3 A bad habit, (), cannot easily be got rid of.   アif forming イevery formed ウon forming エonce formed 4 It began to rain ().   アfive minutes when reaving home イafter five minutes I left home ウfive minutes    after I left home エbefore five minutes I left home 5 One of the twenty players I saw in Atlanta () Japanese.   アare イwas ウwere エwho is 6 I´ve just finished cleaning my room and found it () hard work.   アvery イa very ウone very エthe very 7 It´s (). How about going out for a walk?   アsuch fine a weather イa so fine a weather ウso beautiful a day エsuch nice day 8 Walter found it difficult to tell the truth, so he had to () a story.   アcombine イdescribe ウexplain エinvent 【B】 1 Women (the country´s,of,for,45%,workforce,account,about). 2 Kate´s attempt to (her,her,save,life,cost,the girl). 3 We must (coming,make,most,of,the,the) trip to Canada. 4 I (a,at,disappointed,little,not,was) the news. 【C】 1 The newspaper said there was a great fire in Los Angeles.   () to the newspaper, there was a great fire in Los Angeles. 2 She fainted to see the terrible accident.   She fainted at the () of the terrible accident. 3 She invited as many as 200 people to her wedding.   She invited no () than 200 people to her wedding. 4 Betty searched for the book, but she couldn´t find it.   Betty searched for the book in (). 5 The vending machine has broken down.   The vending machine is out of (). 【D】 1 She is always (finding fault with) others. 2 I want to (pick out) a present for my friend. 3 Flight 73 (took off) at 9:30 for San Francisco. 4 She was born and (brought up) in Canada. 5 I can´t (figure out) what she is trying to say. (アunderstand イleave ウchoose エdelay オraise カcriticize) 【E】誤りの指摘です。 1 It was not (which) the boss said (that) made me angry, but (the way) he said (it). 2 (When) I was (in college), I (was belonging) (to) the tennis club. 3 He´s going to (a wedding) on Saturday (because) a friend (of him) is (getting      married). 4 No sooner (had I) (sat down) (when) the phone (rang) again. 5 Domestic beef (costs) (four times) as (many) (as) imported beef. 【F】 1 A:I can´t get my computer to print anything. There´s are error message on the     screen again and again. I hate this!   B:() I´ll have a look at it for you.   アDon´t be so shy! イKeep it up! ウDon´t be so cool! エCalm down! 2 A:Well, I´ll miss you. Let me a hear from you sometimes.   B:().   A:You, too.   アOf course. Take care of yourself イOf course. You did see me off ウI´ll say,     “Hallo and good‐bye” エI´ll be with you in a minute 3 A:Could you tell me how to get to Kyoto station?   B:().   アYes, I could イSure. No problem ウNo, I wouldn´t エYou´ve got it 以上です。   

• invited a couple out

I invited a couple out for the husband's 60th birthday. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearabby/s-2164077 invited a couple outは単にinvited a coupleと言うのとはどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語 この問題の答えを教えて下さい

( )に入る最も適切な語句を(1)~(4)から選びなさい 1,Betty's understanding of Japanese is far ( )parfect. (1)from (2)by (3)of (4)without 2,Ayako's on a diet. She ( )any meat. (1)hardly doesn't eat (2)hardly never eats (3)hardly ever eats (4) doesn't eat hardly 3,Where ( ) earth have you been for so lomg? (1)over (2)in (3)under (4)on 4,Never ( ) seen so much snow. (1)the children (2)have the children (3)the children have (4)the children had

• 英語の分からない問題を教えてください。

次の1~5の文の空欄に入るのはA~Cのどれだと思いますか? 1.I can ( ) this with an example. A.concentrate B.digress C.illustrate 2.Let me ( ) for a moment to tell you a short anecdote. A.illustrate B.digress C.invite 3.First of all, I'll ( ) for you what I intend to talk about today. A.concentrate B.emphasize C.outline 4.I must ( ) that these figures are only estimates. The real figures could be much higher. A.emphasize B.illustrate C.recap 5.First, let's ( ) on the advantages of this new design for the customer. A.concentrate B.invite C.illustrate

• 英語でわからない問題があります。教えてください><

次の各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように( )に適語を入れなさい。というものです。4問わからないものがあります。 (1) a. I like the moon better than any other celestial body. b. I like the moon ( ) ( ) all the celestial bodies. (2) a. She is the loveliest girl I have ever met. b. I have never met ( ) ( ) lovely girl as she. c. She is ( ) ( ) any other girl I have ever met. (3) a. He said that he was happy to meet us that day at that memorable party. b. He said, "( ) ( ) happy to meet ( ) ( ) at ( ) memorable party." (4) a. He said to her, "Will you attend the party tomorrow?" b. He asked her ( ) she ( ) attend the party ( ) ( ) ( ). 問題多くてごめんなさい><1つでも分かる人がいらっしゃれば回答よろしくお願いします。  

• 英語の訳を教えてください

あまり見かけない単語が使われてるので・・ 英文の意味を教えてください 1) I've had a shower for jayce (´Д`) 2) you've got the work today? 3) Salary up in new year season ? 4) yeah, you can say it quite a bit! 5) me too. i can't listen English lol 6) I don't see jack johnson thesedays . 7) i think for speaking, eng is harder. for writting, japanese 8) for example, my will is good now, and i will do~ 9) for example, you time when to meet her. does it make sense? 10) The one you doing 11) so fast, man あと以下のことも教えてください。 12)1)2)の**'ve ってなんでしょう? 13)3)で主語+be動詞って使われていますか? 14)7)のように for はどんな意味でどんなときに使いますか? 1)~14)でわかる範囲でいいので、教えてください よろしくおねがいします。