• ベストアンサー

過去完了?

m-wave-813の回答

回答No.7

>「それまでに警告は発してこなかったはずなのに、なぜhad ever done soとなるのだろう。。。と悶々としていましたが「初めて」を強調するためと考えると納得できました。 過去完了についてですが、そのようにお考えになってしまうのはまずいです。あなたの方向性は間違っていないのに、文法研究の結果かえって悪い方向に向かいます。素直なままのあなたでいてください。

inoinoko2
質問者

お礼

う~ん。言葉って難しいですね。でも、いろんな使い方があってニュアンスもさまざまでおもしろいとも思います。 アドバイスありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 過去完了形

オー・ヘンリの「罪と覚悟」の中の英文です。 The next morning Jimmy took breakfast at the Adamses. He was going to Little Rock that day to order his wedding-suit and buy something nice for Annabel. 【That would be the first time he had left town since he came to Elmore. 】 It had been more than a year now since those last professional "jobs," and he thought he could safely venture out. この中の 【That would be the first time he had left town since he came to Elmore.】について "he had left"の過去完了形を過去形の"left"にしてしまうと 意味がどのように違ってきてしまうのでしょうか? 過去完了形で書いている意味を知りたいです。 訳は「エルモアへ来てから、はじめてこの町を離れる日でもあった。」(大久保ゆう訳) になっています。

• 過去完了について

She had tried to conceive a baby for many years, but she ended up miscarrying every time. She was on the verge of giving up on becoming a mother. After all, it seemed pretty obvious that her dreams of having children had been crushed. Then a miracle happened. She had triedの部分は過去の一定期間赤ちゃんを妊娠しようとした、という感じでしょうか?had been crushedのところはなぜ過去形ではダメなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了

The adopting tradition started to fulfill Neydi’s childhood dream of owning a dog. “Carlos got our first dog, Captain, as a surprise for me. We had talked about getting a dog since we got married, so he got him for the first-year mark,” Neydi said. 過去完了が過去より前の事柄を表すのはわかるのですが、ここではCarlos got our first dogかwe got marriedかhe got himのどれの前の事を表しているのでしょうか? 見極める方法などありますか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了

I visited my sister for the first time since she gave birth in April. I spent a week with her, and I came away with the impression that she has serious postpartum depression. She struggled to get out of bed, she would cry for hours, and she sometimes expressed the wish that she had died during birth. she had diedは仮定法の過去完了でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了について

I was a really shy child and socially anxious (I joined the Girl Scouts when I was 8, showed up for the first camping trip, but was too nervous to actually get on the bus and then I was too embarrassed to ever go back). However, I discovered the wonders of liquid courage in high school and became more socially outgoing. Still, I had only dated one guy and kissed maybe three by the time I went to college. I had only datedが過去完了になっているのは、I have only date one guy(一回しかつきあったことがなかった)という経験が、過去の形で述べられているので、という理解でいいでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• あってますか…

友達と電話で喋っててこの前送った写真気に入ったって聞かれたんで額縁に入れて壁に飾ってあるよi had it framed and put it on the wallって言ったんですがここのhad it framedは問題ないでしょうか?? have o doneの完了として使えると思っているんですが… すいませんが教えて下さい

• had snowed(過去完了の使い方)

A lot of schools were closed because it had snowed heavily on the previous night. ☆完了・経験・継続・大過去から選べという問題ですが、自分には選べません。自信がないですが完了ですか?「前の日に雪がずっと降っていた」と考えて、「継続」は駄目ですか?forやsinceなど継続を表す語句がないからですか?

• 和訳をお願いします。

I’ve read your blog ever since it was on diaryland, and I did thrill the world for the first time this year, too. I feel that this is pretty precious.

• 過去完了

They once took my son when he was small and drove him around and grilled him because they thought he was being abused. He had fallen and hit his face on a bleacher at the pool. My mom was there and saw the whole thing happen but pretended not to know. I worked for Child Protective Services at the time and was humiliated. But thank goodness, my son and I were interviewed, so we could prove nothing bad had happened. He had fallenとnothing bad hadのところはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• what+現在完了? 英語の訳し方について

What has aya done since she returned From Okinawa first time?はなんて訳せばいいのでしょうか? これは現在完了形ですよね? sinceがあるので継続だと思うのですが意味がわかりません。 私が訳すと「アヤが初めて沖縄から戻ってきた時から彼女は何をしていますか?」 となってしまうのですがあっていますか? 以前回答もらった時「彼女は沖縄から帰ってきて最初に何をしましたか?」という風に教えてもらったのですが、現在完了の継続だと「ずっと~している」という意味になるとおもうんですが、どうしてそうならないんでしょうか? そもそも現在完了じゃないとか?