• ベストアンサー

in の使い方

seegrammarの回答

回答No.2

ここでは「ラットにおいて」という意味に加えて「体内」も意味していると思います。 「ラットで」という意味なら他に on をつかって、 Test on rats などもいえます。 We just tested it on rats, not humans. など。

rocky05
質問者

お礼

よくわかりました。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳

訳し方を教えて欲しいです。 お願いします。 Although this is the case with widely utilized tests using rats and mice, it is certainly not the case with more recently developed tests with invertebrates, in which exposure via the external medium is important also. これは、ラットやマウスを使った幅広く利用されている(毒性)試験の場合であるにも関わらず、

• matured と matureの違い

A team of Japanese researchers has succeeded for the first time in catching matured eels. という文のmatured eelsには成熟ウナギという訳がついていました。 matureは動詞と形容詞がありますが、この場合mature eelsにすると意味が変変わってしまうのですか。 辞書によると動詞も形容詞も「成熟する(した)」とか「発達する(した)」という意味があるので、matured eelsもmature eelsも同じような気がするのですが。 宜しくお願いします。

• from whichについて

お世話になっております。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 A Japanese team has developed a novel way to ''reset'' mature mouse calls to a pluripotent state, from which they can develop into various tissues again, the team said British journal Nature. (1)developの後ろにwhichが入るのでしょうか? (2)from whichのfromは文法的にどう考えたらよろしいのでしょうか? ご教授いただければ幸いです。

• 英語の勉強中。WhichとFacesの役割について

The catfish was developed by University, based in western Japan, as a substitute for Japanese eel, which faces falls in supply. この文章の中で、 which faces とありますが (1)whichの役割を知りたいことと。関係何と言うのでしょうか? (2)facesは何の意味かを知りたいです。複数形の意味ですよね?鰻の顔?

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

In Japanese schools the senpai–kōhai relation is taught from an early age as an integral part of daily life. In Japan, the relationship between senpai (先輩, "senior") and kōhai (後輩, "junior") is an informal hierarchical interpersonal relationship found in organizations, associations, clubs, businesses, and schools. The concept has its roots in Confucian teaching, and has developed a distinguished Japanese style, ultimately becoming part of Japanese culture.

• not only butについてお尋ねします。EM

The reason I respect Hiis Majesty the Emperor is that he plays a great role not only in praying happiness of the Japanese but cotributing to world peace all the time as a symbol of the state. play a great roll 後のinの位置は上記でよろしいでしょうか?またbut後にinは必要でしょうか? 解説よろしくお願いします。

• 英文で意味の解らない部分があります

Although all LDP politicians do not think alike, generally speaking they see themselves engaged in a process of restoring the health of the state by undermining the peace Constitution. In their minds preparedness for future war is the healthy, logical condition for the state. Historical relativism leads them to despise unpalatable historical facts about "comfort women." Even documentary evidence that doesn't support their goals is anathema to them. What serves their purpose is changing how language is used, adopting the vocabulary of American geo-politicians and using the media to alter the public's attitude toward the past. 上記で、What serves their purpose is changing how language is used, adopting the vocabulary of American geo-politicians  の部分が具体的にどういうことを言ってるのか解りません。政治の具体的知識が必要なのかも知れません。 What serves their purpose is changing how language is used, を「何が彼らの目的に叶うのかと言うと、言葉の使われ方を変えることであり、」と理解するのですが、間違っているでしょうか?  しかしそう理解しても、一体どういうことを指してそう言っているのかが分かりません。 安倍首相がよく「侵略の定義は定まっていない」と言いますが、こんなことを指しているのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英作文-5

日本に滞在している外国人の学生に次のように聞かれたとします。あなたならどのようにこたえ、どんな理由説明をしますか。 "Why do so many young Japanese have their own cellular phone? Most of my Japanese friends have a 'keitai'. Do I need to get one? It is a very useful tool. We had contacted other people by using telephone in our home or company , or using public telephone in towns. However, nowadays we can contact them by using it wherever you are. Furthermore, it has a lot of information and you can readily look for almost everything by using it. That's why many young Japanese have it. However,you should be free to decide whether you have or don't have it. よろしくお願いします!

• 翻訳お願いします

Mike: Your memory isn't working. Have you forgotten when we used to hunt together in the back streets? Friend: You mean when we used to get up on the garage roof with some bricks and when the rats came out , we'd get them? Mike: Yes , we used to spend many a sporting evening that way. Friend: But you can't say something like that was hunting. Mike: Why not? And to our shame , we didn't even take them for food or their skins for clothes. We only did it to enjoy ourselves. As I remember , with your keen eye and strong arm , you were very successful. Friend: But they were only rats. And everybody knows that rats are no good. That's why when you're mad at somebody , you call him a dirty rat. You don't call him a dirty duck or a dirty bunny. Mike: True , a rat is a rodent , but so are the rabbit and many other cute little animals. So it is possible that you killed a 44th cousin of Mickey Mouse or even Bugs Bunny. Friend: Maybe so , but I'm not going to apologize for killing them , the dirty rats. Mike: How heartless! Some of them may have been loving mama rats , or caring daddy rats. Think of how many of their little ones you have made orphans and the childhood trauma they suffered. Friend: You're using the old trick of mixing apples and oranges. I'm talking about fur coats.

• 翻訳お願いします。

Mike: Your memory isn't working. Have you forgotten when we used to hunt together in the back streets? Friend: You mean when we used to get up on the garage roof with some bricks and when the rats came out , we'd get them? Mike: Yes , we used to spend many a sporting evening that way. Friend: But you can't say something like that was hunting. Mike: Why not? And to our shame , we didn't even take them for food or their skins for clothes. We only did it to enjoy ourselves. As I remember , with your keen eye and strong arm , you were very successful. Friend: But they were only rats. And everybody knows that rats are no good. That's why when you're mad at somebody , you call him a dirty rat. You don't call him a dirty duck or a dirty bunny. Mike: True , a rat is a rodent , but so are the rabbit and many other cute little animals. So it is possible that you killed a 44th cousin of Mickey Mouse or even Bugs Bunny. Friend: Maybe so , but I'm not going to apologize for killing them , the dirty rats. Mike: How heartless! Some of them may have been loving mama rats , or caring daddy rats. Think of how many of their little ones you have made orphans and the childhood trauma they suffered. Friend: You're using the old trick of mixing apples and oranges. I'm talking about fur coats.