• ベストアンサー

リチャード・バックの翻訳

「飛べ銀色の空へ」リチャード・バック (著)の以下の部分が、稲葉 明雄 (翻訳) 草思社(絶版)ではどのように訳されているか探しています。 "The odds against our breaking the biplane in a little town that happened to be home to a man with the 40-year-old part to repair it; the odds that he would be on the scene when the event happened;the odds that we'd pushed the plane right next to his hanger, within ten feet of the part we needed-the odds were so high that 'coincidence' was a foolish answer."

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • chaos20
  • ベストアンサー率100% (1/1)
回答No.3

大分遅れた回答ですが,当該書籍(1974年第1刷)を所有している者です.おそらく第8章序盤,p91の内容がそれに相当するものと思われます.ポール・ハンセンがパークス複葉機の着陸に失敗,機体を破損したので修理に取り掛かった時の内容ですよね? 規約上,著作権法上の引用の要件を満たしているかどうか微妙ですが,私の責任で以下に引用します. 以下引用 ----------------------- いきあたりばったりの小さな町で複葉機を破損させ,たまたまそこに四十年前の修理部品をもった人物が住んでいるという確率.事故が起こったとき,その男が現場にいる確率.機体を引きずっていったのがたまたま彼の格納庫のそば,こちらのほしい部品から十フィートと離れていない場所である確率---これを"偶然"と呼ぶのはあまりにも愚劣である. ------------------------ 以上引用 すでに該当部分を入手されているのであれば,失礼しました.

milohara
質問者

お礼

chaos20さん、 ご回答いただきありがとうございました。 まだ、上記していただいた部分を入手している最中で、手元にはありませんでしたので大変助かりました。ページ数も指定していなかったのに、わざわざ調べていただき感謝です。

その他の回答 (2)

• tamausagi
  • ベストアンサー率65% (201/308)
回答No.2

再度失礼いたします。miloharaさんは海外在住の方でしたか! では足を運ばれるのはなかなか難しいですね。 方法の一つは、前回の回答に上げてある中で国立国会図書館の複写サービスを使うというのがあります。 http://www.ndl.go.jp/jp/service/copy.html 海外へも届けてくれます。 ただし、複写箇所をある程度限定しないといけないのが難点です。 お探しの文がどのあたりにあるかわかりますでしょうか? 無駄になるのを覚悟で一章分複写してもらうというのも手ですが、この辺りのことは国立国会図書館で相談してもらったほうがいいかと思います。 申し込みの方法もネットから申し込み用紙を印刷して郵送する、利用者登録をしてネットで申し込む、近くの図書館を通じて申し込む(その図書館が国際的な相互貸借協力館である場合)などがあります。 私が英語が苦手なので上手く引き出せないだけで、実はニューヨークの図書館で相談したら、実物があったなんてことも考えられます。 出来るのであれば地元の図書館に一度相談してみては。 もう一つは古本を購入してしまう。 確かにこの本は現在絶版で新刊書店には流通していませんが、古本は出回っています。 日本のamazonで先ほど確認した限りでは5冊あります。二千円~一万円。 私が考え付く最後の方法は、日本にいる親類なり知人に頼む、です。 前回は手続きのややこしい国立国会図書館と、大学図書館をご案内しましたが、普通の公共図書館でも所蔵しているところはあります。 なので、日本在住の方に近くの図書館に行ってもらい、複写してもらう。 その方の行ける範囲の図書館に現物がなくても、所蔵している近くの図書館から取り寄せることが出来ます。(郵送料がかかることがあります) あとはダメ元で、この本について語っているブロガーにメールを送ってみるとか。文面に注意して良心的な人に当たればなんとかなることもあるかもしれません。すすめませんが。 以上参考になるとよいのですが。

milohara
質問者

お礼

tamausagiさん いろいろな情報をありがとうございました。 とても助かります。 提案していただいた、方法を試してみます。

• tamausagi
  • ベストアンサー率65% (201/308)
回答No.1

『飛べ、銀色の空へ』リチャード・バック著 稲葉明雄訳 草思社 1974年刊 お急ぎということですが、国立国会図書館(東京本館)他、以下の大学図書館等に所蔵されていますので参考に。(順不同) 取り寄せ・複写・閲覧の手続きは各館で異なりますが、国立国会図書館の近県にお住まいでない方や、一般に開放されていない大学図書館を利用する場合、最初の窓口は地域の図書館ですので相談してみてください。 九州大学附属図書館芸術工学分館 桜花学園大学保育学部・名古屋短期大学図書館 首都大学東京図書情報センター日野館 信州大学附属図書館農学部図書館 神戸市立中央図書館 人間環境大学附属図書館 西南学院大学図書館 帝塚山学院大学図書館狭山館 東京外国語大学附属図書館 藤女子大学図書館 徳島大学附属図書館 奈良県立図書情報館 冨山商船高等専門学校図書館 北海道武蔵女子短期大学附属図書館 立教大学図書館

参考URL:
http://webcatplus-equal.nii.ac.jp/libportal/HolderList?txt_docid=NCID%3ABN11277158
milohara
質問者

お礼

詳しく教えていただきありがとうございました。 早速、教えていただいた図書館にメールを書いてみますが、ただ、私はニューヨーク在住のため、直接に出向くことが不可能な状態です。念のため、他の形で情報を入手する方法があったらまた教えてください。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願いします!!

会話文が良く分かりません。 和訳をよろしくお願いします。 “My parents sent me on the plane to Réam, on the coast, only a couple weeks before the Khmer Rouge took over Phnom Penh. A plane was only way out because all the roads were blocked. That’s when I saw the city falling apart. I just hung on to my father and stared. The airport was a mess too. Everybody pushing, worried to get out. My father dragged me to the plane steps. I didn’t want to go at all; I just wanted to stay with my family. I was crying, but he just pushed me up with the other people.” “And nothing has been heard since then?” “No. For years I have been saying to myself, ‘Sundra, you may already be kamprea.’ That means an orphan. A couple days ago we had a holiday, All Souls Day. We pray for our family members who to pray for, because-well, who has died and who hasn’t.” After a moment Jonathan shook his head as if he couldn’t believe her story. “Leaving without your parents…” he said. “And my brother and little sister.” She sighed. “And chamroeun.” “Chomroeun?” “A boy I know.” “Boyfriend?” She studied her hands. “Kind of like that.” She looked up at him again. * 「Réam」=「レアム」という地名 「kamprea」=「コンプリーァ」 「Chomroeun」=「チョムラン」

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots’ DeLeo brothers were interviewed by Banana 101.5 and for the first time they candidly discussed their decision to fire Scott Weiland. Below are some excerpt quotes from the interview regarding Weiland: Robert: “…that kind of led us … I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down to a certain kind of tolerance. It wasn't just a musical decision or a business decision it was a quality of life decision and that really what it's about…” Dean: “We want to be able to fulfill our commitment through the band too. Robert, Eric and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that. Robert: “We're gonna be able to do material that we weren't able to do and I think from seeing what you saw with Scott — I think you know what I mean. We're gonna be able to perform stuff that we've been dying to perform for a long time.”

• 翻訳お願いします(2)

翻訳お願いします。 いつもお世話になります。 ぜひ翻訳をお願いしたい文章がありますので、翻訳をお願い出来ないでしょうか? この文章は僕の憧れのバーナード・ラガト選手の言ったことです。 曖昧には理解できますが、ぜひ彼が何と言っているのかしっかり知り、参考にし、学びたいんです! 宜しくお願いします! Will you be doing anything differently in training to prepare for this record attempt outdoors? BL: Yes. I’m heading to Flagstaff on April 1st. I normally do that every year. But when I’m there this year, I’m going to be focusing on endurance, working on long, nice runs—nothing less than 10 miles. We will be doing long tempo runs. We will be doing a lot of long hill work. We will be doing soft-surface repetitions as well, like on a golf course. We will be doing things this time around that will really get me ready for the 5,000m. I’ve realized when you run the 5,000m, when they show seven laps to go, that is when the tempo sometimes picks up and I start to feel it a bit. We are going to be working on that feeling in the race. By training harder, we are going to get me physically capable to keep up that kind of pace. Let’s say the guys try to slip in a 59- or 60-second lap in there when we have five or six laps to go—that is the territory I have never been in. And it would hurt if I were not ready. So we are going to make sure my training will be ready to handle any kind of surge or sudden difference of pace. This isn’t a world championship year, so it is very important that we aim at something like the 5,000m and the 3,000m.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I felt like we were really dragging the brand through the mud, I did not want to end up like a classic rock band. Even though we were ‘classic’ we lasted where other bands had not. I wanted us to still be relevant, and to remain relevant you have to remain creatively relevant. To do that, you have to still make records. So I felt like we needed to take some time off and make a record. I was under the impression that was how everyone felt, because after having a few conversations with guys in the band, I felt we were all in that same place and same mode. Then nothing ever happened, we didn't get together and start working on music. So it goes on and on.”

• 翻訳お願いします。

It is important to note that not all temporal shifts and developments do this, but what we are most interested in is how deconstruction can be used to analyse when such temporal shifts, and crises, take place. Ofcourse part of this is to recognizse that such shifts cannot simply be seen as a clear-cut change from one order to another, for often there is overlap and blurring. 英語できる方翻訳お願いします><

• すみませんが翻訳お願いします。

すみませんが翻訳お願いします。 Thanks for your email. We have checked that it has been to our city,but we did not recive it,please dont worry. We will ask our product to fix it,if it can not be fix,we would like to resend a new one to you. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated by us,any further questions,please feel free to contact us.

• 翻訳お願いします

If the speaker is urging war and part of his audience understand him to be pleading for peace, we say quite simply that they are mistaken,that they have misunderstood the speaker. Language,written or spoken,possesses a content independent of the individual reactions it arouses. どなたかお願いできますか? 一応読んだのですが、内容がよく分からないのです。もしかしたら、自分の訳し方間違っているから内容が分からなかったのかも知れないと思い、ここに翻訳をお願いしました。

• 翻訳ソフトでは理解出来ません。翻訳お願いします。

FRAKES: The feeling is we would love to be part of it. But the feeling is also that it’s Patrick’s show. [Laughs.] Having said that, I can’t imagine a world where there’s no reference to what happened to the rest of the Next Generation cast. Patrick isn’t playing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard this time, he’s done with [that phase of his career in] Starfleet in this show. That’s about the only thing I do know about the show. Patrick and I had a steak dinner a couple of weeks ago and this man, who I’ve known for 31 years now, is so excited about this show he’s like a little kid. It’s fabulous! He’s thrilled and excited to be invited into the writer’s room and he’s a producer on the show and he’s part of the development of the story arc. It’s terrific. I mean he is a guy who is fully engaged. よろしくお願いします。!

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Robert was also full of praise for his new bandmate, telling Pop-Break.com, "Chester is an amazing human being. "Coming in, we knew we wanted to do this right and sing our songs the way they were supposed to be sung and move forward as a band. "LINKIN PARK will always be his first priority and we respect that. "The guys in LINKIN PARK have been amazing with all this. "Everyone likes to be surrounded by amazing people. We have a great management team, everyone's excited and working hard. We've got a lot of work to do. "There's people out there that really don't like the fact Scott isn't in the band. We have to go out there and prove ourselves. Our goal is to play the best set of songs we can play and really make that count."

• すいませんが翻訳お願いします。

すいませんが翻訳お願いします。 We are writing to inform you that our products department had comfirmed that this item A0878000BQ is above 300mw. It has a strict quality check before shipping. And it is possible that the 200mw is much powerful than the 300mw. Would you please keep the item and we are willing to apply you $40 cash coupon as a gift? Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated! Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!