• ベストアンサー

complementizer deletion (補文マーカー消去)

complementizer deletion (補文マーカー消去)が可能なのは that と for のみですか?ほかにもあれば教えてください。 I know the desk (that) I lost. The time it took (for) him to get there.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

まずは訂正。間接疑問の if のことを忘れていた。 1.if は wh 句とは異なり、疑問文が時制を持たなければならないという制限を持つ。これは that が補文は時制文であることを、for は不定詞節であることを要求するのと同じ。 I wonder [when/where/whether/if I should go]. I wonder [when/where/whether/×if to go]. 2.前置詞+補文標識は不可。前置詞+if もだめ。 ○I am not certain about [when/where/whether he'll go]. ×I'm concerned over [if taxes are going to be increased]. ×I'm puzzeled at [that he should have resigned]. ×I'm not very keen on [for you to go there]. で、この if が省略できるかどうかというと、難しいが、あえていうなら、 1. whether がある時は省略。 2. 間接疑問文でも主語-助動詞の倒置をする方言では省略。 They wondered had we gone. (Belfast方言) >どうして補文標識でないのか、教えていただけないでしょうか? 疑問詞の wh が補文標識と違うのは上の例文からも明らかです。また、 Who saw whom? の whom が complementizer のわけがない。 What did you buy? では、COMP の位置に did がある以上、wh が補文標識ではあり得ない。 関係代名詞でも、 the man whose father is a lawyer the table on which there are books の whose や which が complementizer のわけがない。 ほかに、Chaucer の時代や、現代でもBelfast方言では、wh句とthatの共起が可能であり、そういう点でも wh は補文標識ではない。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

というか英語の complementizer はこの二つしかないので、他に削除したくてもできません。 #wh は補文標識ではありません。

ganache
質問者

お礼

Oh My! どうして補文標識でないのか、教えていただけないでしょうか? いつも感謝しております。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.1

She is a girl (whom) I met yesterday.

ganache
質問者

お礼

ありがとう、あなすたしあ様!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳の質問です。私はそこに着くために割り当てる必要

英訳の質問です。私はそこに着くために割り当てる必要がある時間を知りたい。 この訳は 1 i want to know the time that i need to budget to get there . 2 i want to know how much time that i need to budget to get there . 3 i want to know how many times that i need to budget to get there . 4 i want to know how long times that i need to budget to get there . 5 i want to know when i need to budget to get there . どれが正しいですか?それともどれも正しいですか?時間はtimeだから可算名詞と不可算名詞のどちらでも使えるし、the time that はwhenに置き換え可能だし、全部合ってると思いますが正しいでしょうか?

• The more I know him, の文で

(1) The more I know him, the more I love him. というよく使われる構文があるのですが、 (2)I know him well. (3)I know him better than you do. みたいに『だれかをよく知る』はwell-better-best(bestの文はみたことないのですが・・)の活用の流れでつかわれています。なら(1)は The better I know him, the more I love him. (I like(love) him very much.から , the more I love himは納得しています。)でもいいのではないでしょうか? もう慣用文だから? I don't know very much about that. はありますよね、でも肯定文では見かけない。 (1)文の理解の仕方『なぜknowにmoreを使うのか』は、「knowする量 ということを表したいがため」とかんがえました。これ無理からの理解ですか?教えてください。

• 日本語にして下さい

Thank you very much for your responce. Are you alright? Please know that I think you are very pretty and there's better guys out there for you. He will one day get what he deserves

• 性格な意味を知りたいです。

There is no rich hotel in Moss, nor has there been that I know of. Some potential inspiration for the hotel in the story is The Royal Hotel was built in 1837 at the top of Moss, overlooking the famous horseshoe bend in the river. This engraving is from 1843. 特に、一文目の「nor has there been that I know of」って文法的に正しいんでしょうか?

• 訳を教えてください。

For example, I went to Takashimaya.The place doesn't have to be that exact, for instance, I went to a department store.We don't know exactly which one, but we do know there was a specific place. 全文、訳をお願いします。

• この文が正しいか教えてください(*´ェ`*)

この英文が正しいか、ほかにもっといい表現があったら教えてください。 (6)私たちは一緒に住んでから、もっともっと仲良くなった。 we get better off since we have lived together. (7)もちろんけんかもたまにはする。 of course, i seldom quarrel with him. (8)でも、それはお互いのいろいろな面を知るために重要なことだと思う。 but i think that it is important for us to quarrel to know many difficult aspects of him. (9)私は彼と一緒に生きていきたい。 i want to go through with him. (10)だから一生懸命彼のためにがんばっているよ。 これは分かりませんでした。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

For those fans to sit there and say it's okay, but it's not STP without Scott and I understand that because I get that I truly get that. But I find it so amazing that someone can just dump all over his fans and make them wait, for an hour and a half and make all the people at the venue stay way after midnight. The people that work there, the security people.”

• もし良ければ訳してください。

The difference between France and Peru, regarding the culture: punctuality. When I arrived, I had to buy all my furnitures. For example, a man was suppose to come to install my curtains. He gave me an hour and I spent all day waiting for him. He didn't call me either. I lost my time and I was so angry that the day after I went to his workshop to tell him that he should have called me to tell me that he couldn't come. I told me that it was a lack of respect. He promised to come the day after at 8h. He was there 5 minutes before. 特に 最後の3文の I told me 以下を重点的にお願いします。

• aとtheの違い

There is the desk that I use. There is a desk that I use. にはどういった意味の違いがありますか? お願いします。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

長文ですが、次の英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ある俳優にファンが出演した映画について聞いています Q:I was going to ask you Randy about Lorton Lake. A:You know Danny finished that and like re-edited it and did something with it. The director, sorry, the director has had like full control of overall about whatever we make and then he is going to cut down. And I think he did some weird re-edit of it and it played at some places under a different name, but I don't actually have that in control over that anymore. I was like… Q:Don't know if we are going to get to see that then? A:I don't know, I should talk to him while I am here, I need to… Probably not. Q:There is so many things that you guys do that we don't get to see. A:I know, I know, but it's like not good enough for you guys yet, if you see it now. 宜しくお願いします。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 3月7日に出産し、育児休業給付金の初回は9月14日に振り込まれました。この初回は5月3日〜7月2日分の給付金です。2回目の7月3日〜9月2日分の給付金は10月に振り込まれるのでしょうか?
  • また、もし2回目の振り込みがなく、2ヶ月おきに給付金を受け取る場合、復職後にもらえるのでしょうか?
  • 育児休業給付金についての質問です。
回答を見る