• 締切済み

この英文に疑問・・・というか質問です。

nasu0911の回答

• nasu0911
  • ベストアンサー率33% (3/9)
回答No.1

usedには2つの意味あいがあります。 一つには過去に「かつて~したものだった。」という意味。 もう一つの意味には習慣をあらわし、「よく~する。」という意味があります。例)I am used to playing the viollin.(私はバイオリンを弾くのを習慣にしている。)

関連するQ&A

• この英文にわからないところがあります

下の文を読んでいて、下から2行目のthat doesn't mean の意味がわかりません。会話文の前半は「ただあなたの話がおもしろいと思わないだけよ。」と言っていると思うのですが。よろしくお願いいたします。 Anything she told you immediately became exciting. Sameness bored her and she would jump from on subject to another in a way that sometimes made her conversation bewildering. As my father used to tell her, she had absolutely no sense of humour. To that accusation she would protest in an injured voice: "Just because I don't think certain stories of yours are funny, Fred, that doesn't mean...," and my father would roar with laughter. 訳だけではなく(全訳はいりません。that doesn't mean のところだけでいいです。)、考え方も教えていただけると嬉しいです。よろしくお願いいたします!

• 英文を訳してください。

He doesn’t say anything, but there is sadness in his eyes as he turns them upon(to) the sad remains of what he had made with such pride. ↑ upon でもtoでも良いみたいです。 前の文を省略していますが、分かりますか?

• 英語 不定詞1

あっているか教えてください。 違ったら訂正もお願いします。 ・次の各文が同じ意味になるように第2文を 完成させなさい。 1 My father said I could use his car.   My father allowed ________________________________.→me to use his car. 2 My lawyer said I shouldn't say anything to the police.   My lawyer advised_____________________________.→not me to say anything to the police. 3 He looks older when he wears glasses.   Glasses make_____________________________.→him older. 4 Don't stop him from doing what he wants.   Let_____________________________________.→him not to stop doing what he wants.

• この英文添削をお願いします。

以下の私の英文チェックをお願いできますか? (1)だからこそ父の言葉は彼女の胸に響いた。 That's why her father's words have touched her heart. (2)父は自らそれを止めたと思っているだろうが、もともと彼女にはそれをしようという気持ちはなかった。彼は彼女の気持ちがわからなかったのだろうか?父は娘のことをわかっているようで、でもまだ彼女がどういう人物なのかわかっていなかったのかもしれない。 Her father thought he stopped it but that not true. She was not going to do it. Didn't he know how she felt? He believed that he knew his daughter very well and he thought he knew what kind of person she is, but actually not. (3)それでも彼女の父に対する感謝の気持ちは残っている。 Even if, her feeling of gratitude to her father is still remaining. (4)しかし彼女の混乱した気持ちを整理するには時間が必要だった。 However, she did have to take a time to comoise (?) her thoughts. すみませんがよろしくお願いいたします。

• 「英文添削していただけますか?」

「英文添削していただけますか?」 下記の日本文を英文に訳しましたが、おかしな表現がないかアドバイスいただけたら 助かります。ちょっと長くてすみません。。。とくに過去完了などの時制がわかりません。  「父の日に御父さんにネクタイをあげて、ケーキといくつか料理を家族につくってあげたの。  昨日は一日中料理してた・・ 私は父が仕事でいつもいそがしかったから、子供のころ父と  遊んだことがないの。かれは相変わらず今もいそがしいけど。  とにかく、あなたがお父さんと楽しい時間が過ごせていたらいいな。(向こうは父の日の夜なので)  ところで、9月に友人の結婚式でグアムにいくの。 ハワイでなくて残念。。。  (メールの相手がハワイなので)」 「 I gave a tie to my father on father's day and I made a cake and some dishes for my family last night. I cooked all day yesterday.. I had never play with my father when I was child that he was always busy with his work. He is busy now as well though... Anyway, I hope you had a great time with your father today. Btw, I'm going to Guam in Sep for my friend's wedding. That's too bad its not Hawaii... 」

• 英文見てください

友達と恋愛話をしているときに彼氏のことを話そうと思ったのですが、うまく話せなかったので、言いたかったことを英作してみました。長くて申し訳ないですが、よろしかったら添削してください。 「彼はいつも勉強や仕事が忙しいみたい。もちろんそれはわかってるんだけど、会う時間が全然ないのはやっぱり悲しいな。時間って自分がそうしようと思ったらどうにか作れるものじゃないかって思うの。電話もらえるだけでも私にとってはすごく嬉しいってことをわかってもらえないんだよね。これって私のわがままなのかな。私にだって忙しいときはあるけど、彼のためならいつでも時間を作りたいって思ってるのにな。たぶん私だけがこんなふうに思ってるんだろうなって考えるとむなしくなるわ。」 He always says he's busy with study and work. Sure I understand that, but it's sad he doesn't have time for me... I believe time is something you make if you want. He doesn't understand even one call would definitely make my day. I wonder if I'm asking too much. I sometimes get busy too, but I'm always willing to make time for him because I want to. Maybe I'm the only one who is feeling this way, which makes me feel empty.

• 英文について

Television brings us convenient life. (テレビは私たちに便利な生活をもたらしてくれる) For example, I don't but newspaper every day. I can't know weather in the day. Television has many programs. For instance, news, education and so on. Therefore, many people watch television. My father wants to know the news because his works is related society. He watch television after finish work. He has television for him. (彼は彼だけのテレビを持っている。) So he don't go out his room. I don't speak my father, now. I want to talk with my family. 何か間違いがあれば教えてください。 アドバイスなどもあれば教えてほしいです。

• 英文を訳してください

この文を訳してください!! My mom is very protective of me so she doesn't like it if I talk to people, who she thinks are strangers. :) But we just have to be quiet and sneaky. heehee. Is that okay with you?

• 訳し方が分かりません。

「And now he's going to marry her, you see if he doesn't,and ~~~~.」 「 Amanda will do it herself.You see if she doesn't.」という二つの文が、同じ本の中の別々のページに載っているのですが、うまく訳せません。 「you see if he doesn't」「You see if she doesn't.」の部分が、どうも決まった言い回しのようなのですが、どう訳せばいいのでしょうか。 どなたかお分かりの方よろしくお願いします。

• social cues

I feel like a jerk for admitting it, but my boyfriend (we’re both guys) loves to talk. A little too much, actually. I used to find it endearing, but he has a tendency to ramble on about things he’s passionate about—even if whomever he’s talking to doesn’t know anything about the subject matter or is bored or tired. He hates being interrupted, too, so he gets annoyed even if you try to ask him a question about whatever he’s talking about. I appreciate the fact that he has passions, but I feel like I’m being lectured every time. Even my friends and family have pointed it out. I’ve tried gently broaching the subject, but it’s like he doesn’t get social cues. he doesn’t get social cues「社会的手掛かりを得ない」?要はどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします