• ベストアンサー

英文を添削してください

以下の英文を、どなたか添削していただけないでしょうか? Japanese in general try to treat the others in a favorable way, even if they don't like them very much. Have you seen the film "The Last Samurai," where an American guy appears. The woman at the house didn't like him and wished that the guy would leave her home soon. But the guy was impressed with her kind and elegant attitudes. Foreigners may have difficulties judging if the kindness is superfacial or not, which Japanese can do to most extent. That's why I try to be straightforward to foreigners to avoid misunderstandings. 言いたい事は以下のような感じです。 「日本人は他人に対しては好意的な態度で接しようとするものです。自分があまり好意を抱いていない人に対してでも日本人は好意的な態度を崩しません。 あなたは『Last Samurai』っていう映画を観ました? あの映画には、ある日本人の家庭に居候するアメリカ人男性が出てきます。その家庭の女性はその男性の事を煩わしく思っていて「出て行ってほしい」と考えていました。でも男性は女性の親切で柔和な態度に感銘を受けていました。日本人同士なら、上辺の親切か本当の親切か、ある程度識別できるものなんですが、外国人にとってはそれは難しいのかも知れません。だから私自身は、外国人に対しては、誤解を招く事がないよう、自分の本音に出来る限り近い態度で接するようにしています。」 間違い、不自然な表現などありましたら、修正していただけないでしょうか。お願いいたします m(_ _)m

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

あなたの訳でだいたいいいんじゃないですか? Japanese in general try to treat the others in a favorable way, even if they don't like them very much. Did you see the film "The Last Samurai"? In the movie, an American guy who happened to stay with a Japanese family was shown. It was a bothering thing to a heroine who was the owner of the house. Though she wanted him to leave, the guy was impressed with her kindness and favorable treatment. It may be difficult for foreigners to judge if the kindness is true – that they could do more or less if they were Japanese. That's the reason why I try to be straightforward to foreigners to avoid misunderstandings.

suigin27
質問者

お礼

丁寧に改訳してくださりどうもありがとうございました。ぜひ参考にさせていただきます。(^^)

その他の回答 (2)

• guttten
  • ベストアンサー率38% (7/18)
回答No.3

あ、ごめんなさいでした、、、恥ずかしい。。 穴があったら入りたい^^; 英語は苦手で、上記の英語も挑戦のつもりで解凍させていただいたので、英語添削はちょっとできまんせん。。 お役に立てず申し訳ない。 ただ、読むことができたので、意味は伝わるのではないでしょうか?根拠のない発言なのですが。。 頑張ってください。

suigin27
質問者

お礼

そうですか、挑戦していただけて嬉しいです ^^ そうですね、読めたという事は意味は伝わるという事でしょうね。 自信もって自分なりの文でいってみようかと思います。 どうもありがとうございました ^^

• guttten
  • ベストアンサー率38% (7/18)
回答No.1

最初に、いっぱしの英語得意ではない大学生のチャレンジなので正直自信はないですが^^; 拝見させていただいたところ、直訳を望まれているのであればちょっとおかしいように思えるところがいくつかありました。 私も全訳してみます、後からお答えになられる方も是非間違ってたら指摘していただきたいです。 日本人は、一般的には他人に対して、例え大嫌いであったとしてさえ友好的な態度で接するようにします。 あなたはアメリカの男性が出てくるラストサムライという映画をご覧になったでしょうか。ある家にいる女性は彼が好きではなく、その男性にすぐにでも彼女の家から去ってもらうことを望んでいました。しかしその男性は彼女の優しさ、そして優雅な姿勢に感動させられました。外国人には、優しさがうわべの物なのかどうかという、日本人ならほとんどの人が判断できることを見分けることが難しいかもしれません。そんなわけで、私は誤解を避けるためにも外国人に大してはは正直な態度であるようにします。 間違ってたら本当にごめんなさい。

suigin27
質問者

お礼

せっかく回答いただいたのにごめんなさい! えぇと、添削していただきたいのは英文の方なのです… (^^) でも、お人柄のうかがえる丁寧な回答で、とても嬉しかったです! もし可能でしたら、英文添削の方でまた回答もらえると嬉しいです。 どうもありがとうございました (^^)

関連するQ&A

• 英文添削をお願いします

留学生が安心して日本の生活を楽しめるように、留学生の両親に英文メールを送りたいと思っています。内容が正しいか添削をお願いします。 We’re a host family for your daughter. We’re looking forward to seeing her. We have 3 daughters, who are younger than your daughter. They delight to get a new sister. First daughter who is 14 years old would like to talk with her a lot. Second who is 10 years old and third who is 8 years old would like to play with her a lot. We can’t speak English very well, but we’ll do to help her making a good memory in Japan. After deciding acceptance of foreign student from Canada, we found it little to know about Canada. This will be good experience for us, too. At last thought we’ll be careful of your daughters safe, let us know anything, if you have any her worries.

• 英文の添削をお願いします

日本語にあわせて英文を作成したのですが、 添削をお願いしたいです。 1.たまらなくなって彼は休憩させて欲しいと主張した He advocated to take a rest inpatient. その他 Her lips gloss like indecent.  (彼女の唇はいやらしく光っていた) Her と lips の間に is は必要でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文添削をお願いします!

最近数年ぶりに英語を勉強し直している為困っています。。 以下の英文は意味が通じますでしょうか? 私は先週の土曜日に、○○(市名)まで祖母を迎えに行きました。 彼女が大好きですが、とても気難しい人です。 なので、会うときにはいつも喧嘩しないように気を付けています。 なるべく彼女と楽しい時間をすごしたいものです。 I picked my grandmother up at ○○ last Saturday. I love her, but she is very fastidious. So, I'm careful not to have a quarrel with her whenever we meet. I want to have a happy time with her, if possible. 上記の文を数人の前で話さなくてはならないのですが、 どうか皆様のお力添えを頂きたく思います。 宜しくお願い致しますm(__)m

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

日本語に合わせて英文を作成したのですが、添削をお願いします。 1.この前地震があったね。大丈夫だった? The earthquake aroused , are you ok? 2.言い訳しなくていいですか? Would you like to say appology?

• 英文添削のお願い

下記英文の添削をお願いいたします。 部分的でも結構ですので、よろしくお願いします。 1st of all, I have to tell you our rule. Needless to say, you must not drink an alcohol, smoke a tabaco. You have to go to bed by 24. You try to be living room without sleeping and a study. Off course, we want you to help as my family. Why don’t you fold a laundry with her. As she don’t often try to do it, it is also your roll that what make her do it with you. It is hard task. Do you ask me anything.

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

1)私はその事故とは何の関係もない。 I have ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) the accident. 2)彼女は欠点だらけだけれど、好きにならずにはいられない。 I (cannot) (help) (loving) her in spite of her many faults. 3)一晩中眠らずにいることがどんなことか不眠症になってはじめてわかる。 You (not) (understand) until you have insomnia what it is like to stay awake all night. 4)夜、車を運転する際はいくら注意してもしすぎることはない。 You (cannot) (be) (too) careful when you drive a car at night. 5)富も幸運もそのような奇跡は起こせない。 Riches do not work such a miracle, ( ) ( ) good luck. ()内の添削をお願いします。 1と5は全くわかりませんでした。 よかったら解説も加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 関係詞の英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします

1)The woman,(what) we believed was in her thirties,had three grandchildren. 2)(Whoever) you'd like to follow,you have to listen to me. I'm the boss. 3)I threw away a pair of glasses,(of which color) I didn't like. 4)The meeting will start at 10:00,at (what) time today's agenda will be announced. 5)A large proportion of (which) English-speaking people watch on TV is of American origin. 6)That's the reason (why) made us change our plan. 7)Sydney is the city (where) has the largest population in Australia. 8)The salesperson (told you) your size probably thought you wanted to try on the coat. 9)Last night Cindy told me about her new job in Tokyo,(which) she appears to be enjoying very much. 10)He is married to a singer of (whose) you may have heard. 11)Shakespeare lived in the 17th century,(whose) plays still enjoy fame in the 21st century. 12)In November or December,(where) the air becomes cold and dry,Mt.Fuji is visible more often than in any other month. 英文が多くてすみません。 ()内の添削をお願いします。 現在参考書が手元に無い環境なので間違いが多いかもしれません(汗 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

1)If I (were) not ill, I (would) go fishing with my younger brother. 2)She loves him (as if) he (were) her own son. 3)If I (had known) it, I (can) have told you. 4)I (wish) you (had not) told the plan to your father. 5)You can listen to the music (as far as) you like. 6)(If) you like it (may) not, you have to decide what to do. 7)I studied hard in my high school days; (unless) I would have failed the examination. 8)No (sooner had) he gone to bed than he fell asleep. 9)I'll lend you the money (for) the condition that you return it within six months. 10)It's about time you (have seen) a Shakespearian play. ()内でおかしいところがあったら添削をお願いしたいです。 よかったら解説も加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)I didn't know why they told me (to wait) on the corner. 2)The teacher made the students (left) the school immediately so that they could return home in safety before the rainstorm got heavier. 3)Keiko looked so (pleased) when she got her birthday present. 4)A college education will (take) you to get a broader view of the world. 5)My grandfather didn't know about my parents (wanting) a divorce. 6)How would you like to have your eggs (cooked)? 7)The audience were all made (cried) by the sad movie. 8)His parents did not (allow) him to study abroad. 9)In spite of her illness,Nancy found (her to enjoy) the sports event. 10)We won't (get) our son drive our new car,even if he wants to. 11)In Europe,everywhere you go,you hear people (to speak) different languages. ()内の添削をお願いします。 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします

日本語に合わせて英文を作成したのですが、添削をお願いしたいです。 1.今の日本では安心して子供が産めない I can't bare easily in Japan like this time. 2.先ほど、あなたが出演していたテレビを見終えました I have wathed problem you are now. 3.今日は特別なにもありませんでした I have nothing particuraly today. 4.この時期が一番過ごしやすいです this season most comfortable to me in Japan.