• 締切済み

高校留学に関しての質問

来年の九月からアメリカの高校に留学しようと思っている中学三年生のものです。 高校に資料をもらおうと思いメールをしたんですが、 Thank you for your interest in @@@@@ School. We will begin to accept and process applications for the 2015/2016 academic term early to mid fall. Each year, we seek motivated, capable, and well-rounded students from around the world who are eager to participate in the academic and extracurricular programs offered at @@@@@ School. Ojai Valley School anticipates to have a large number of strong applicants for the 2015/2016 academic term which will make the admission process very competitive. Therefore applicants who submit the required TOEFL, ISEE or SSAT exams, complete the admission process and are able to visit OVS for a personal interview will be given first consideration in the first-round of admission decisions. Also, when reviewing an applicant's file for admission, we are looking for strong and motivated students. The decision to accept a student to join @@@@@ School is based on many aspects of the student's application file ~ their character, teacher recommendations, test scores, grades and interview. Please see the admission requirements on our website for more information on the application process and to apply on-line with the following link: https://@@@@@@. All supporting documents such as the transcripts and teacher recommendations can be sent by scanned email attachment or by fax to (@@@) @@@@@. If you have additional questions, please contact our office at @@@@@. Best regards, @@@@@ School’s Admission Office Staff www.ovs.org ときました。(学校名などは伏せてあります。) この場合、資料をもらったほうが良いのでしょうか? それとも、TOEFLなどのテストを先に送ったほうが良いのでしょうか? 他にやったほうが良いことなどあれば教えてください!

みんなの回答

• plokij75
  • ベストアンサー率45% (716/1567)
回答No.2

先ずは、質問中のメールと学校のホームページの「Admissions」を良く読む事でしょう。 その上で、疑問点があれば、質問中のアドレス(>please contact our office at @@@@@.)へ問合せると良いと思います。 Ojai Valley School ですと、2015/2016の学期は受付が始まっていて、高校志願者は1月15日締切のようですよ。 教師の推薦状やテストのスコアのような提出書類は、この締切日以降でも良いようですが。 また、経験からすると。。。 学校の先生には、早めに留学について話しておいた方が良いのではないと思います。 学校の成績表や先生の推薦状(人物推薦と英語推薦と数学推薦)を書いて貰う必要があるでしょうし、場合によっては、英語の翻訳も必要かも知れませんから、時間が掛るかも知れませんので。 この学校ですと、Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) か、Independent Schools Entrance Exam (ISEE)を受験しなければならないようですし、英文のエッセイを書いたりと時間があるようでも、経つのが早く感じらるようになると思います。 分らない事があったら、早め早めに、学校に問合せした方が良いですよ。

• mitomito
  • ベストアンサー率40% (165/406)
回答No.1

Ojai Valley School は、TOEFL, ISEE or SSAT exams のスコアを大事にされているようですね。 また、 If you have additional questions, please contact our office at @@@@@ とあるので、 この投稿サイトで無く、直接、学校に不明点を尋ねるといいと思いますよ。

関連するQ&A

• Follow-upとはなんですか?

教育についての英文を読んでいて、よくわからない文が出てきたので、教育に詳しい人、もしくは英語の得意な方、説明をお願いできませんでしょうか。 まず、授業の構成はPretask→Task→Follow-upという順番で成り立っている。という前提があります。 In the communication classroom,the teacher will seek to maximize the time that the students are processing the language ore interacting with each other. The teacher will also caregully monitor the students to ensure that they know what they are supposed to do and are carrying out the tasks correctly. Following the task proper,there should e some sort of follow-up. ●This also has a number of function : to elicit feedback from the students about their experience,toprovide feedback to the students on how they had done,to correct errors that the teacher might have noticed in the course of the instructional sequence,and to get students to reflect on the task and engage in self-evaluation. ●からが問題の、よくわからない英文です;; ここでのfeedbackとはどういう意味なのでしょうか? 全体的に、(●の前も;;)うまく日本語にできないので、直訳でなくて構わないので、わかりやすい日本語に訳していただけたら、感激です;;

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

We are seeking hardworking individuals for exciting management opportunities with ABC Group. We will train you for eight weeks , four in the dinning room and four in the kitchen. We offer good compensation based on experience. Excellent customer service and communication skills are required. Qualified applicants must have a university degree in Management. At least 2-3 years of restaurant management experience preferred. Group has over 100 branches inside the US with 11 more branches to be opened this year. ABC has been a restaurant leader for 29 years and continues to grow.

• (英作文)高校生が学校に携帯 禁止それとも?

次の文のことで、お尋ねしたいことがあります。 「現在、日本の多くの高等学校では、生徒が携帯電話を持ってくることを禁止しています。これについてあなたの考えを書きなさい」 1.下にある曖昧な作文ですが、言いたいことが伝わっていますでしょうか? 字数は、気にしなくてよいのですが、100語以上を目安にしています。 添削してくださるのもとても勉強になりますが、でも、2あなた様ならどのような主張で、どう英語で表現するかを書いてくださるととても助かります。 3、下の書き方はよい書き方でしょうか?それとも悪い書き方でしょうか? 「この文は何が言いたいのかさっぱりわからない」という場合は、遠慮なくおっしゃってください。 どういう表現にすればよかったのかを、一緒に問題を考えてくださると幸いです。 []は段落番号です。 [1] I am for high school students from carrying cell phones because it is not necessary for them at school. [2] When you come back home late because of school club activities, it is possible for them to get in touch with thier parents everwhere. However, we see many bad students absorbed in using a cell phone without considering other people's feelings and ther are not aware that they are bothering other people on the train or in the bus. When their friends call them up and they try to answer the phone, they speak loudly on the phone while they are bothering other poeple. We should't allow them to carry a cell phone while they are not considerating others. [3] There seems many high school students who can concentrate on studying, though they have a cell phone. However, the fact is that there are many high school students using it by sending e-mail to their friends and our teachers told them not to use it and not to carry it in school. [4] When they get into college and they are able to be responsible for what they do, they should buy their own cell phone, not asking their parents to buy it. It is obvious that a cell phone isn't nessesary for them.

• メールの翻訳助けて下さい

海外から届いたメールの翻訳をお願いします。 間違った商品が送られてきたので、アメリカの店に連絡したので、 その返事だと思うのですが We are so sorry, please allow us to process a replacement order and ship as quickly as possible. We would like to request, to please accept the incorrect color for only $1.00 and we will credit your account asap. どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英文についての質問です。

Our next exploration will be into the sizes of things. We shall discover something of the network of interrelationships between living things and the necessary aspects of environments that are life-supporting. This path will take us back in time to the origins of humanity; but, at the end of this road, we shall find unexpected clues about the origins of aesthetics, the haunting appeal of pictures and landscapes, and the importance of symmetry for living things. These insights will shed new light on our responses to modern computer-generated art, and will help us to appreciate what we require of man-made landscapes if they are to soothe or stimulate us. (The artful universe by J.D.Barrow) 最後のand will help us to appreciate what we require of man-made landscapes if they are to soothe or stimulate us.のところがよくわかりません。 1)what we require of man-made landscapesのrequire of は、「~に要求する」という意味にとるのでしょうか?それとも「~を必要とする」ですか? 2)if they are to soothe or stimulate usのtheyはman-made landscapesのことですか? 3)ここのwill help us to appreciate~they are to soothe or stimulate us.の部分を訳してみたのですが、 もし、人工風景が私たちをやわらげ、刺激するようであるならば、これらの洞察(These insights)は私たちが人工風景に要求すること(人工風景を必要とすること?)を高く評価することを助けるでしょう。 (These insights=we shall find unexpected clues about the origins of aesthetics, the haunting appeal of pictures and landscapes, and the importance of symmetry for living things.だと思いますが) どういうことを言っているのでしょうか? いまひとつ内容が入ってきません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語で自己紹介

英語で自己紹介をしなくてはいけません。文章を考えたのですが、どなたか添削していただけないでしょうか。 “I’m not good at speaking English, so please pardon me. I’m teaching home economics at a high school. I’m a homeroom teacher, and there are 33students in my class. They are too much energetic, so I’m awful tired every day. But I really enjoy our school life, fight with the students. I belong to the student council, it supports our baseball team, school election or the school sports. Recently, we went to the baseball game of our school. We have a strong baseball team. Our team has been to Koushien twice. Last day, we entered the quarterfinal. That day was very hot, and I was really tired, but it was good memory. Now I’m studying English here in Tokyo. Though I’m poor at English, it’s very hard to study. Thank you so much for teaching me politely. I’m also a teacher, I know how difficult to teach. To study English is very difficult for me, but I will study English much harder. Thank you very much for your attention.”

• すみませんが日本語略してください

We are sorry for the late reply. We can't ship the leash and collar to you at the moment. We will issue the money for the leash and collar to your account. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards, Catarina

• 英語の和訳お願いします(留学書類)

文章の途中までしか載せてませんが、こちら側で訳せたためです。 よろしくお願いします。 Please note that we will not have linen(blankets,pillow,sheet..)available when students move in. Students will have the choice of going shopping when they arrive(we will have a van that takes students shopping) or purchase them sent(so they are ready for you). To Purchase Linen now... Use these steps to purchase linen and assure that your linen is sent to the residence hall and waiting for you when you arrive:

• この文章を訳してください。。

Thanks for showing your interest in doing business with us. In normally, we will offer the dealer membership to following customers: -Airsoft Retailer (online/street shop) -Skirmish field So if you are in any of above business and able to provide your business details for our record, we are please to offer the membership to you. Here enclosed an application form, You just need to fill up and send back to us with .doc format. Also, please attach your Business Registration for our approval we will process your case and inform you asap. regards, Light and ****** Team (Dealer membership may suspend on anytime without notice, all right reserved to ***** Team)

• 海外通販で何かを連絡しなくてはならないのですが。

初めて利用したサイトでこのようなメールが来て困っています。必要な情報は入力しており、何かを連絡しないといけないようなのですが・・・We have received your first order at xxxxx.com. To begin supplying you, as part of your first order we are obligated to ensure you are authorised to use the credit card submitted. We have a fast and simple process to make this possible. We will process a random amount against the card, once you are able to confirm the amount we have charged to the card, we are happy to process the order. The amount debited will be deducted from the value of your order. You should be able to see this amount charged to your card with-in 24 hours using internet banking, otherwise simply call your bank. Reply to this email with the amount we have charged to your card. We apologise for any inconvenience however this has been put in place to protect both our customers and our business from credit card fraud. You have 7 days to verify this amount before your order is cancelled. However, if you are having trouble finding the amount just email us and we will put a note on your order not to cancel. どなかか分かる方いらっしゃいませんか?宜しくお願いします。