悪の立場から法を見る

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「悪の立場から法を見る」とは、法律と道徳の区別を明確にすることを指す。法律はあるべきものではなく、現実の法律を考えるべきである。一般的な考え方ではなく、悪意のある人の視点で法律を見ることが重要である。
  • オリバー・ウェンデル・ホームズは、法学生に対して法律と道徳を明確に区別するようアドバイスしました。法律は「あるべきもの」ではなく、「現実の法律」を考えるべきです。彼は「法律を知りたいのであれば、それを悪い人間の視点から見なければならない」と主張しました。
  • 「悪の立場から法を見る」という考え方は、法律の物質的な結果にしか興味を持たない悪意のある人間の視点から法律を見るということです。法律の目的や理想にとらわれず、法律の実際の効果や予測可能な結果を重視するべきです。この視点を持つことで、実際の法律の適用や判断をより客観的に行うことができます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

悪の立場から法を見る

◎から下の和訳お願います。 He advised them (law students) to distinguish clearly between law and morality: consider what the law is, not what it ought to be. Look at the law, he argues, from the position of the "bad man": "If you want to know the law and nothing else," he asserted, "you must look at it as a bad man, ◎who cares only for the material consequences which such knowledge enables him to predict."  * Philosophy of Law: A Very Short Introduction, by Raymond Wacks * He = Oliver Wendell Holmes (1841-1935)

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

法を見る時には、「悪人」の立場から見ろ、と彼(=ホームズ)は言う。すなわち、「もし、君たちがそれ以外のすべてを排除して、その法律だけを知りたいと思うなら、君たちは、このような知識(=法の知識)が彼(=悪人)をして予知せしめることが可能な、物質的結果のみに興味を持っている悪人の立場からそれ(=法)を見なければならない」、と彼(=ホームズ)は言った。     要するに如何にして法を使えば(=抜け穴を見つけて悪用すれば)自分が儲かるか、と言う立場から法を(すなわち道徳観、倫理観、などから離れて)見なければ法律家の観点にはならない、と言っているのでしょう。

yakkamireader
質問者

お礼

どうもありがどうございます。非常によくわかりました。

関連するQ&A

• Whenの意味合いを教えてください

And why have you made yourself so useless and good for nothing that no man will choose to receive you into his house, no man to take care of you? but if a utensil entire and useful were cast abroad, every man who found it would take it up and think it a gain; but no man will take you up, and every man will consider you a loss. So cannot you discharge the office of a dog, or of a cock? Why then do you choose to live any longer, when you are what you are?

• When you are having an argument wit

When you are having an argument with someone, you are usually not trying to understand what the other person is saying, or what in their experience leads them to say it. Instead, you are thinking abou t your response:listening for weakness in logic to leap on, points you can twist to make the other person look bad and yourself look good. の中で 『points you can twist to make the other person look bad and yourself look good.』 の和訳問題があったのですが 答えが『相手の立場を悪く見せ、あなたの立場を良く見せることのできる点』と書いてあったのですが、 points you can twistの直訳『あなたがねじまげることができる点』の訳文は何故いらないのですか? 教えてくださいm(_ _)m

• 日本語に訳してください(>_<)

Fred thought he was a very clever man,and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics,but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves,he was impatient,and seldom listened to what others were saying. He was particularly bad at listening to his wife Helen,and she often complained bitterly about this. Then one day she had an idea. When he came home from work,she said,"Fred,I've got an amusing puzzle for ynu." "OH,yes,"he answered. "But I suppose you won't listen to what I'm saying,"Helen said,turning away and beginning to prepare dinner. "Of course,I'll listen!"Fred answered angrily."I always listen to what you have to say." "All right,then,"Helen went on. "This is a mathematics puzzle." Fred smailed and said,"You can't find a mathematics puzzle that I can't solve." "Well,"Helen began,"imagine that you're the driver of a bus. There are 42 passengers in it,and at the first bus stop five get off,and eight get on. At the next bus stop nobody gets off,but three more get on. Now the question is 'What's the name of the bus driver?'" Up to this time Fred had been thinking the puzzle was too easy. But now he became angry. "How should I know what the driver's name war?" "There you are!"Helen answered. "You never lirten to what I say! I told you at the beginning of the puzzle the driver of the bus was you." particularly「特に」 bitterly「きつく」 turn away「背を向ける」 There you are!「ほらごらん!」 で訳してください!お願いします!

• 和訳して下さい

Hamlet was naturally very upset by what he had done to Ponius. After all,the young prince was at heart a kind and gentle person. But he had more important things on his mind. He dropped his bloody sword and began admonishing his mother once again.He held up two drawings in front of her. One was of the late king,his father.The other was of Claudius.“Mother,"placeed Hamlet,“can't you see the difference? You must be able to see what a good man my father was,and what a villain your new husband is!" But at that moment,the old ghost reappeared out of nowhere.“Hamlet,"it said in the same eerie voice,“have you forgotten that you gave me your word? Why are you causing your mother so much agony? And why are you still hesitating? Get on with it!" Hamlet started to explain himself,but the ghost vanished as quickly as it had appeared.

• 英文の翻訳

英文を和訳していただけるかた のみで お願いできますでしょうか? 多分定型文だと思われますので、 破壊的な構文はないと想像します。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In the previous reading we looked at Venus, the planet of love, in this reading it is time to look at mars, the planet of passion. Venus and Mars always work together in a chart. Mars has an important role in the future, it determines parts of your soul mates character, his dreams of love, his passions, what fascinates him and what he hopes to find, or what he will think he has found in you. Mars is the driving force behind love, that changes it from the bonds friendship and affection to enchantment and a garden of desire. Without mars there would be love but there would be no motivation to make a future of that love. To become lovers, or to get married, no deeper desire to gain insight, to penetrate the mystery’s of each others the mind or body further.

• 英語の質問です!

Fred thought he was a very clever man, and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics, ュ「but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves, he was impatient, and seldom listened to what others were saying. ュ」He was particularly bad about listening to his wife, and she often complained bitterly about this. お願いします!!

• すぐに和訳お願い致します!!!

The next day the workmen came to put everything tidy. "This is evidently a deputation," said the Rocket; " I will receive them with becoming dignity;" so he put his nose in the air, and began to frown severely as if he were thinking about some very important subject. But they took no notice of him at all till they were just going away. Then one of them caught sight of him. "Hallo!" he cried, " what a bad rocket!" and he threw him over the wall into the ditch. "BAD ROCKET? BAD ROCKET?" he said, as he whirled through the air; " impossible ! GRAND ROCKET, that is what the man said. BAD and GRAND sound very much the same, indeed they often are the same ;" and he fell into the mud. "It is not comfortable here," he remarked, "but no doubt it is some fashionable watering-place, and they have sent me away to recruit my health. My nerves are certainly very much shattered, and I require rest." Then a little Frog, with bright jewelled eyes, and a green mottled coat, swam up to him.

• 各代名詞の受けている物

In a society where slavery in the strict sense has been abolished the sign that what a man does is of social value is that he is paid money to do it. という文ですが、 各代名詞が何を受けているのかが分かりません。 he は a man を受けているのではないかと思うのですが、 文末のitは what a man does あるいは what を受けていると考えたらよいのでしょうか?

• 和訳お願い致します。

The early speculator was harassed by no such scruples, and asserted as facts what he knew in reality only as probabilities. But we are not on that account to doubt his perfect good faith, nor need we attribute to him wilful misrepresentation, or consciousness of asserting that which he knew not to be true. He had seized one great truth, in which, indeed, he anticipated the highest revelation of modern enquiry -- namely, the unity of the design of the world, and its subordination to one sole Maker and Lawgiver. With regard to details, observation failed him. He knew little of the earth's surface, or of its shape and place in the universe; the infinite varieties of organized existences which people it, the distinct floras and faunas of its different continents, were unknown to him. But he saw that all which lay within his observation bad been formed for the benefit and service of man, and the goodness of the Creator to his creatures was the thought predominant in his mind. Man's closer relations to his Maker is indicated by the representation that he was formed last of all creatures, and in the visible likeness of God. For ages, this simple view of creation satisfied the wants of man, and formed a sufficient basis of theological teaching, and if modern research now shows it to be physically untenable, our respect for the narrative which has played so important a part in the culture of our race need be in nowise diminished. No one contends that it can be used as a basis of astronomical or geological teaching, and those who profess to see in it an accordance with facts, only do this sub modo, and by processes which despoil it of its consistency and grandeur, both which may be preserved if we recognise in it, not an authentic utterance of Divine knowledge, but a human utterance, which it has pleased Providence to use Providence a special way for the education of mankind.

• 日本語訳を! 1-(7)

お願いします。  Despite Harkhuf's major expeditions and all the riches he and other traders brought back to Egypt―from Nubia with all its gold, Sinai with all its turquoise, and Punt with all its incense―it was this dancing pygmy that captured the heart of Pepi II. And the letter written by the boy-king remained so important to Harkhuf that at he end of his days he chose to record it on his tomb. If you were the supreme ruler of Egypt 4,000 years ago, what kinds of letters would you write? What songs would you sing to the Nile? Think about it while your servants fan you with ostrich feathers. But you might want to be careful how you order your teachers around.