最上級の英語について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語の最上級についての要約文1
  • 英語の最上級についての要約文2
  • 英語の最上級についての要約文3
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の最上級について

お世話になります。以下の英文の出だしのeasiestにtheがない理由を教えていただけますでしょうか。 It is easiest to teach mathematics to very young children, for they have inquiring minds and they are self-reliant and they want to understand things for themselves. It is much harder to teach adults, because so many adults have had their confidence shaken by bad teaching......

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#250479
noname#250479
回答No.3

説明が難しいですが、その例文は次のものに似ていると思います。 Grace looks cutest in the dress. Graceはそのドレスが一番かわいいよ。 上の例でも the をつけてはならないのです。それについては、ネット上で次のように説明されています。 (以下は引用) theなし最上級は他者と比較しているわけではなく、単に一時的・状況依存的な状態を説明しているということになります。例を挙げると「Graceはそのドレスが一番かわいいよ。」は「そのドレスを着ているときに限って一時的に、一番かわいらしく見える」というわけです。 (引用終わり) http://seito-juku.com/the%E3%81%82%E3%82%8A%E6%9C%80%E4%B8%8A%E7%B4%9A%E3%81%A8the%E3%81%AA%E3%81%97%E6%9C%80%E4%B8%8A%E7%B4%9A%E3%81%AE%E9%81%95%E3%81%84/ 今回の用例である It is easiest to teach mathematics to very young children. についても、数学を教えることが他のことに比べて最も容易であると言っているのなら the easiest ですが、ここでは adults に教えるときなどに比べると very young children に教えるときに最も容易になるから the をつけるのです。 僕の言っていることがわかってくださいますか?これについての他の解説が読みたければ、 The lake is deepest at this point. という例文でも the をつけてはならないのと同じなので、この用例は文法解説の時に昔からよく引き合いに出されたので、それを検索すればたくさんの文法解説が出てくると思いますので、他の人の解説も読んでみてください。

yuritokaji
質問者

お礼

詳細なご説明をいただきありがとうございました。すっきり致しました。

その他の回答 (3)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.4

誰でもできると言う意味で定冠詞の「制限」がないからです。

yuritokaji
質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。

• mt_mh
  • ベストアンサー率24% (272/1106)
回答No.2

次のように考えるといいと思います。 ① This is the easiest way to improve your pronunciation.  ② It is easiest to teach mathematics to very young children,  ①では、easiest は way にかかっている → the が必要 ②では、かかっている名詞がない→ the は不要 文法用語を使うと、 ①の easiest の働きは「限定」、 ②の easiest の働きは「叙述」です。 "限定" と "叙述" についてはインターネットを検索してみてください。

yuritokaji
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9702/12068)
回答No.1

>以下の英文の出だしのeasiestにtheがない理由を教えていただけますでしょうか。 >It is easiest to teach mathematics to very young children, for they have inquiring minds and they are self-reliant and they want to understand things for themselves. It is much harder to teach adults, because so many adults have had their confidence shaken by bad teaching...... ⇒以下のとおりお答えします。 この場合のeasiestは、いわゆる《強調の最上級》であって、比較の最上級ではないからです。比較の最上級なら「~のうちで最も簡単(な)」となりますが、強調の最上級の場合は「極めて簡単(な)」といったニュアンスになります。It is very easy to ~とした場合とほとんど同じです。 ちなみに、It is easiest to teach mathematics to very young children, for ~をそれらしく訳せば、「幼い子供たちに数学を教えるのはこの上なく簡単です。なぜなら/それというのも~」といった感じです。 全文訳はこうなります。  「幼い子供たちに数学を教えるのはこの上なく簡単です。それというのも、彼らは探究心があって自立しており、自分の力で物事を理解しようとするからです。  大人に教えるのはそれよりずっと困難です。なぜなら、多くの大人が悪い教育によって自信が揺らいでいるからです…。」

yuritokaji
質問者

お礼

丁寧なご説明ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の速解を行うために方法を考えているんですが、

英語の速解を行うために方法を考えているんですが、 「of ~」とか「to ~」とか「at ~」前置詞の前で区切って読むとわかりやすことが分かりました。 話も前置詞の前で区切って話そうかと思っているのですが、これはおかしいイントネーションになりますか? 「主語」「動詞」「of~」「to~」「at~」ごとに息継ぎ(区切り)をしているのですが ネイティブはどこで区切っているか知りたいです。 たとえば「It is easiest to teach mathematics to very young children.」をぼくが言うと、 It(区切り)is(区切り)easiest(区切り)to teach mathematics(区切り)to very young children. となります。 あと前置詞ごとに区切ると、動詞か名詞に掛かっているかで形容詞か副詞か補語かもすぐわかりますし便利です。 こんな区切りをしてるのはぼくだけかなと思って質問しました。 どこで区切って発音するのか教えてください。

• 英語を教えてください

英語を教えてください Whatever the reason for their migration, how do birds know when it's time to take off on their long flights? We know that they migrate quite punctually every year when the season is changing. And what is the surest, unmistakable clue to the fact that the season is changing? The length of the day! It is believed that birds can tell when the day gets shorter (and longer in the spring), and this is the best “alarm clock” they have to tell them to get along. 一応全文載せました 上記の文の最後のandからalongまでについてthey have toが「~しなければいけない」という訳ではないことはわかりますがto tell以下がどこにかかるのか?がよくわかりません 最後の文を詳しく教えてください お願いします

• 英語 現在完了

答えがわからず困っております。 間違えていても構わないのでわかる方回答お願いいたします。 現在完了の問題です。 ◎日本語の意味を表すように、空所に1語を補いなさい。 1、私はこんなに面白い本は一度も読んだことがない。 I have ( ) read such an interesting book. 2、今までヨーロッパへ行ったことがありますか。 Have you ( ) ( ) to Europe? 3、その男の人には以前どこかで会ったことがある。 I have seen the man somewhere ( ). ◎各組の文がほぼ同じ内容を表すように、空所に1語を補いなさい。 1、My sister became ill five days ago and she is still ill. My sister ( ) ( ) ill for five days. 2、It began to rain this morning and it is still raining now. It ( ) ( ) raining since this morning. 3、His grandmother died three years ago. His grandmother ( ) ( ) dead for three years. ◎「ずっと・・・だ」という文を完成しなさい。 1、He is in the hospital. He( ) since Sunday. 2、They live in the house. They( ) for ten years. 3、They are watching TV. They ( ) for two hours. 4、It is raining. It ( ) all day. 回答お待ちしております!

• 英語 訳お願いします!

英語 訳をお願いします! There is an old saying:“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish, and you have fed him for a lifetime.” However,today, this saying may no longer be true. The reason is overfishing. Open waters and government pay lead to too many fishermen. better technology makes it easier to catch more fish. 以上です! 話の一部一部を抜いたものなので訳しにくかったらすいません!

• 英語の問題

Q:次の文の誤りを指摘して正しくなおしなさい。 1:That famous cherry tree is dead because of pollution. Yes,we have to do something to save it. 2:John and Mary have been knowing each other since 1976. 3:When have you come to Japan? 4:By the time he retires,Professor Yamada will teach for almost forty years. 解答と訳をお願いします

• 英語が正しいかどうか教えてください。

Many people want to be success. Many people have dreams and become happy. I also want to be success. And I have a dream. It is not easy to success. And many people have felt sad because they can’t success. I don’t think people can’t succeed that it is because of hard work. I suppose that luck is very important for succeed. I argue about exam and I was read a book. この文の英語に間違いなどあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 和訳

和訳お願いします (1)When people travel to other countries, they find that many things are different from the things in their own country. (2)It can be very hot in summer and very cold and snowy in winter. (3)People who come from hot countries often find that it is too cold for them in December, January, ane February. (4)It is sometimes difficult to talk to them on the street because they are always very busy and don't have much time.

• 明日急遽英語のスピーチをすることになりました

将来の夢を話すのですが、 以下のようにまとめてみました。 文法など誤りがあったり、 言い回しがおかしかったら訂正お願いします。 Hello! Myname is ○○. Today,I will talk about my dream. My dream is to become one of staff members of the United Nations. There is hardly any reason for my dream. But I'm just fond of Mathematics and English. So,when I thought about my dream,that was it. I have two goals to make my dream come true. First,I have to make more and more efforts for studying every subject to be admitted to a private university in Tokyo. Second,after I enter university I would be have to study not only Mathematics and English but also economics. In conclusion,I will work for the United Nations as a officer in the future. In closing,I would like to thank you for listening so attentively. 以上です。お願いします。

• 英語の質問です!

People in Japan like to have raccoons as pets, but (it) has become illegal. について。 かっこのitが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。 The purpose of these regulations is to protect the biodiversity,people, and agriculture of Japan from species that do not live here naturally. (1)that do not live here naturally.が修飾している語をかきなさい。 They have also affected some bird habitats,making it difficult for birds to build nests.について。 itが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。

• 英語に自信のある方 和訳お願いします

Now, when we compare teh account of the creation and of man given by the doctrine of evolution with that given in the Bible, we see at once that the two are in different regions. The purpose of giving the accounts is diffrent; the spirit and character of the accounts is different; the details are altogether different. The comparison must take note of the difference of spirit and aim before it can proceed at all. It is then quite certain, and even those who contend for the literal interpretation of this part of the Bible will generally admit, that the purpose of the revelation is not to teach science at all. It is to teach great spiritual and moral lessons, and it takes the factsof nature as they appear to ordinary people.When the creation of man is mentioned there is clearly no intention to say by whta processes this creation was effected or how much time it took to work out those processes. The narrative is not touched by the question, 'Was this a single act done in a moment or a process lasting throughmillions of years?' The writerof the Book of Genesis sees the earth peopled,as we may say, by many varieties of plants of animals. he asserts that God made them all, and made them resemble each other and differ from each other He knows nothing and says nothing of the means used to produce their resemblances or their diferrences. he takes them as he see them , and speakes of their creation as God's work. Had he been commisoned to teach his people the science of the matter, he would have had to put a most serious obstacle in the way of their faith. They would have found it almost impossible to belive in a process of creation so utterly unlike all their own experience. And it would have been quite useless to them besides, since their science was not in such a condition as to enable them to coordinate this doctrine with any other. As science it would have been dead; and as spiritual truth it would have been a hindrance.