• ベストアンサー

and now that〜の文法解釈

All kinds of positive chemicals have been running through your brain while you’re in flow, and now that high is ending. この文章のand now that high is ending. が理解できないです。 文法的にどうなっているか 解説お願いします。 そして、今は、そのハイ状態は終わりです。

noname#252302
noname#252302
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9682/12040)
回答No.1

確信はありませんが、以下のとおりお答えします。 >All kinds of positive chemicals have been running through your brain while you're in flow, and now that high is ending. ⇒むずかしい文ですね。特殊な医療分野か何かで用いられる表現でしょうか。語句が一般的表現と違って、かなり特殊な意味で用いられているように思います。 >この文章のand now that high is ending. が理解できないです。 文法的にどうなっているか 解説お願いします。 そして、今は、そのハイ状態は終わりです。 ⇒「そして、今、そのハイ状態が終りかけています」でいいと思います。 全文の語句や訳文を考えて見ましょう。 語句: *All kinds of positive chemicals:「あらゆる種類のポジティブな化学物質」。推測ですが、ドーパミン、アドレナリン、サイトカインなどの化学物質や、ニュートリノなどの超粒子を指すのかも知れませんね。 *~ have been running through your brain:「~があなたの脳を通過しました」。その昔、ダ=ヴィンチの頃から、「脳を何かの粒子が通過する時、発明などの着想を得る」というようなことが言われたそうです。 *while you're in flow:「あなたがこの流れ(交歓)の中に入っている間」。flowは、flow of soul「魂の交歓」の短縮形であろうと推測しました。 *and now that high is ending:「そして、そうなった今、そのハイ状態は終りかけて/終りに近づいています」。これも推測ですが、何らかの精神的治療や実験でhigh「最高潮」が実現されて、作業の完了を意味する表現と解釈しました。「最高潮(が実現されて、この治療・実験は)完了します」。 全文訳(多分に推測・想像交じりの試訳です): 「あなたがこの流れ(魂の交歓など)の中に入っている間、あらゆる種類のポジティブな化学物質があなたの脳を通過したことになります。そして、そうなった今、最高潮(が達成されて、この治療・実験は)完了となります。」

noname#252302
質問者

お礼

細やかに解説してくださったため、 しっかり理解することができました。 わたしのためにお時間割いてくださり ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• now that構文?

For the last three years I’ve had full custody of my (now) 9-year-old daughter. It hasn’t been easy. I was never enthusiastic about having a child and, while I adore her now she’s here, being a parent hasn’t come naturally to me. now she’s hereはどのような訳になるでしょうか?now that構文のthatが省略された形でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• to access whatever 〜の文法解釈

This is when you’re digging deep to access whatever it is that you need to reach the flow state. この文章のto access whatever it is that you need to reach the flow state. 部分が文法的にどうなっているのか理解できないです。 特にthat がなんなのか理解できないです。 解説お願いします This is when you’re digging deep これはあなたが探究している時のことです。 whatever it is それが何であっても you need to reach the flow state. あなたがフロー状態になる必要がある

• この文でいう「that is」の文法解釈

Airbus.corp was more of a consortium initially, but it's become integrated now and so it's one company. But it's a very, very global company. There are something like 84 nationalities working that is, people from 84 nationalities who are in the company as employees. >There are something like 84 nationalities working that is, people from 84 nationalities ここで”that is”がくる感覚が意味的にも文法的にもわかりません。 どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか。。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• and that について

いつもお世話になります。 次の文はいずれもBreaking News Englishというサイトからの引用ですが 文中のand thatはいずれも「しかも」という意味で良いのでしょうか? (1)Mr Wang said newspapers in other countries often report the bad manners of some Chinese and that this damaged the image of all Chinese people. (2)He added that non-Chinese tourists must also behave better in China, and that all countries have citizens who behave badly abroad. (3)President Obama said the U.S. would now only use drone strikes as a last resort, when there is a "continuing and imminent" threat to the American people, and that there must be "near certainty that no civilians will be killed or injured". eプログレッシブ英和中辞典に and that「しかも,それも. ▼前文の全体あるいは一部を受ける」 He speaks English, and that fluently.という例があります。 (1)(2)(3)ともthat以下が副詞でなくS+V、(1)はandの前にカンマがありません。 and thatのthatは代名詞ということを考えると(1)(2)(3)は名詞節のthatが 複数並んでいると考えた方が良いのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願い致します。

• at that

You're a junior high kid and a girl at that. at thatはどういう意味でしょうか?

• この英文の文法解釈

Starbucks now has more than 250 stores in 10 Asian countries and is planning to more than double that by 2003 特に、二つ目のmore thanはdouble(動詞?)にかかる副詞でしょうか?

• Now is the time to make that New ye

Now is the time to make that New year's resolution to improve your English, and we are right here with you to help you out.の文法的解釈、特になぜthatが必要なのか分かりません。説明を宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈です。

以下の文章の、冒頭の running account とはどのような意味で使われているのでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。 Whether they’re aware of it or not, all people keep a running account of what’s happening to them, what it means, and what they should do. In other words, our minds are constantly monitoring and interpreting. That’s just how we stay on track. But sometimes the interpretation process goes awry. Some people put more extreme interpretations on things that happen—and then react with exaggerated feelings of anxiety, depression, or anger. Or superiority. Mindsets frame the running account that’s taking place in people’s heads. They guide the whole interpretation process. The fixed mindset creates an internal monologue that is focused on judging: “This means I’m a loser.” “This means I’m a better person than they are.” “This means I’m a bad husband.” “This means my partner is selfish.” People with a growth mindset are also constantly monitoring what’s going on, but their internal monologue is not about judging themselves and others in this way. Certainly they’re sensitive to positive and negative information, but they’re attuned to its implications for learning and constructive action: What can I learn from this? How can I improve? How can I help my partner do this better? Chapter 8 is about changing the internal monologue from a judging one to a growth-oriented one. It shows how mindset change has enabled people to pursue their goals more effectively and it shows how a mindset workshop boosted students’ motivation and grades.

• (260) その2 And now I will ……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

(260) その2 (ll. 202-211) And now I will tell a fable for princes who themselves understand. Thus said the hawk to the nightingale with speckled neck, while he carried her high up among the clouds, gripped fast in his talons, and she, pierced by his crooked talons, cried pitifully. 試し訳 (II.202.211) それで、今、私は自らを弁えている王たちのために、ある物語を話そう。 このようにタカは、首に斑点のあるサヨナキドリを、爪でしっかり掴んで、 雲の中へと連れ去りながら、彼女に言ったのである。 そして、彼女はタカの曲がった爪に突き刺されて、いたましく、悲鳴を上げた。 質問 (1)And now I will tell a fableについて    この文は、次の(2)の話者とは違うようです。 ヘーシオドス自身の語りかけのようです。 (2)Thus said the hawkについて これは明らかにタカのセリフです。  *この質問の解釈は、ほぼ間違いないと思います。     疑問に思って書き始めたので、このまま投稿させていただきました。  *試し訳をお目通しいただき、不自然なところがあれば、ご指摘いただきたいと   思います。   

• so that の意味

Birth Control It’s no accident that abortion and contraception are often mentioned in the same context; and the providers of contraception are also the providers of abortion. Abortion is the fruit of contraception. Once a society accepts contraception, it has basically said that sex is for recreation and one need not take responsibility for one’s actions in this area. Once that is an accepted mindset, the floodgates are open to a number of aberrations like abortion because it is simply a continuation of the "no responsibility" mindset. If I get a girl pregnant, I can just "get rid of" my responsibility by abortion. When condoms are passed out in high schools, the message being spoken is "Here kids, go mess yourselves up emotionally and catch an incurable disease while you’re at it." When married couples contracept, the language being spoken is, "I love you and give myself entirely to you and accept you completely in everything that you are – almost; I don’t want your fertility." Bishop Fulton Sheen said, "The love between spouses is so real and so tangible that in nine months, you might have to give it a name." Spouses should realize that marital love is a participation in God’s creative act and that babies are good, not burdens to be avoided at all costs; especially the cost of poisoning women with dangerous chemicals so (1)  they can be available for sexual pleasure. Medicine is for sick people, not healthy people. Pregnancy and motherhood are not diseases. お世話になります。 上記文章で(1)の部分にはthat が省略されているものと思いますが、soと組み合わせてどう訳したらいいでしょうか?宜しくお願いします。