• 締切済み

They hope to be operate

They hope to be operating as normal back in Kent from April. と They hope to operate as normal back in Kent from April. はどう違いますか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

前者だと既に動いている状態、後者だといつでも動かせる状態、の違いでしょう。

eieio257
質問者

補足

他の質問といい、回答して下さりありがとうございます。 前者のto be operatingは進行の名詞化と捉える様な感覚で良いのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• they have to be.の訳し方

前の会話は I heard how you don't remember anything. That must be really heard. I bet your family's searching for you right now. I mean they have to be. 訳は、だってあなたは・・・になっていました。 have to beは、されなければならないという意ですか? あなたは発見されなければならないだったら、theyじゃなくyouなのかなと思いました。 You didn't just fall from the sky.

• They need to be shredded.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より Those documents shouldn't be thrown in the trash.They need to be shredded. They're loaded with private information. 質問:この文章はよく見ると、すべて受動態で書かれています。なぜ能動態ではいけませんか? 次の様に能動態に書いた場合の、間違いについて教えて下さい。 (1)Those documents shouldn't throw in the trash. (2)They need to shred./The need shredding. (3)They load with private information.  よろしくお願いいたします。 以上

• to be

Universal design , is an approach to the design of products , services and environments to be usable by as many people as possible no matter their age , ability or circumstance. Carbon nanotubes have the potential to be 100 times stronger than steel as flexible as plastic. 二つの文のそれぞれのto beの働きを教えて下さい。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• to beの使い方

When they were 20 years old and that`s perfect age to be confronted with a revolution . なぜここでto be confrontedとなるのか分かりません。 to confrontでは駄目なのでしょうか? 教えてください! お願します。

• They make no claim

They make no claim Disclaimer: Quotes have been collected from various sources such as books, studies and other published articles over many years. They make no claim to be complete nor be scientifically up to date as there is frequently new data and information in this field. という文で、They make no claim~のTheyはQuotesを指しますよね?? 文意としては「本分野では常に新しいデータや情報があるので、完全で最新でないかも 知れないけど、苦情は受け付けません」という感じでしょうか。 They(Quotes)に対して、ではなくThey(Quotes)が苦情を出さない、というように読めて しまい、混乱しています。ご教示よろしくお願いします。

• to be

1 However , concrete evidence , such as a tool for carving the structure , has yet to be found. 2 He determined the stick to be between about 8000 to 10000 years old. 1と2の文のto beの文法的な働きを教えて下さい。 回答お願いします!

• Hope to hear from you. これって??

こんにちは。 さっそく質問なのですが、タイトルにもある通り、 Hope to hear from you. という文について質問です。 これって意味はすごくわかるんですが、 I が抜けていますよね。 I hope to hear from you. Hope to hear from you.  この二つには、どういうニュアンスの違いがありますか? よろしくお願いします。

• to be

old age has always been thought of as the worst age to be;but it is not necessary for the old to be unhappy. の最初のto beが何なのか分かりません。後ろにunhappyが省略されているのでしょうか。でも省略って前述のものに対してするものでしょ。 ご回答いただければ幸いです。

• be going to beがわかりません。

be going to beがわかりません。 I'm not going to be humiliated in front of the entire neighborhood. ご近所全員の前で辱をかかせたら承知しないわよ! (親が子供に言ってる台詞でした) この文は何でbe going toを使うのですか? be going toは、これから何かしようとする時に使うと思っていました。 I'm going to go to....のように。

• have to be able toって?

You have to be able to go there and back. have to しなければならない be able to できる 日本語が繋がらないです be able toはいるんですか!?