• ベストアンサー

どのように言えばいいのでしょうか?

この(1)~(10)単語はHow manyとHow muchのどちらで質問するのが適切なのでしょうか? (1)meat (2)potatoes (3)rice (4)butter (5)coffee (6)fruit (7)water (8)vegetables (9)bananas (10)milk あと、その質問の応答 はそれぞれの単語によって単位の言い方なども教えていただきたいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

この問題はおそらく、加算名詞と不加算名詞の区別が出来るかどうか問うているのだと思いますが、回答は名詞が複数形になっていれば How many, 単数形なら How much ということになります。 加算名詞は、一つ、二つと数えられる名詞。manyを使います。 不加算名詞は液体や塊の様に一つ二つとは数えられず、リットルや重さなどで計るもの。muchを使います。 スーパーで買い物する時を思い浮かべれば良いです。 meat, rice, coffee, water, milkはグラム、キログラム、ミリリットル、リットルを見て買うと思います。これらはすべて How much。米を何粒入っているかで買わないと思います。 でも袋やパッケージに入っていて数えられると思うかも知れませんが、それはあくまでも、 2Kg pack of riceが数えられるのであって、riceは数えません。 一方で、potato, banana は、数えられるので How many。これらも計り売りする事もありますが、八百屋のおっちゃんには普通、そこのジャガイモ5個頂戴、といいますよね。 さて、問題はfruit とvegitable。果物と野菜は数えられそうに見えますが、fruit, vegitableと言っただけだと、果物、野菜と言う植物の中の種類を言って言っているだけで一個とか一本とか数えません。だけどfruitもvegitableも不加算、加算両方で使われます。どう言う事かというと、果物や野菜の中の何種類と言う種類の数を数えるときには加算名詞になります。 問題文ではfruitは単数形なので不加算としてはHow much。vegitablesは複数になっているので何種類かを聞いていて、How many。 応答は、会話の内容によります。 meat   グラム、オンス potatoes 個(pieces) rice キログラム、オンス、ポンド、または、bowl of riceなど butter グラム、spoon of butter, pack of butterなど cofee  cup of coffee またはgram of coffee beansなど fruit  How much fruit did you have today? I had an apple and some strawberies. Water リットル、ミリリットル、オンス、glass of, bottole of Vegitables  種類の数。 banana 個、ダース milk waterと一緒。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

これは下記で countable と書いてあるのが many、あとは much です。  https://www.ldoceonline.com/  

関連するQ&A

• 量をあらわす表現

この水槽にはどれくらいの水がはいっていますか →How many water in this tank ? このコップにはどれくらいの量の液体が入っていますか →How many quantity of liquid in this cup ? この表現で話言葉で通じるでしょうか。manyとmuchの使い方があいまいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 名詞の問題です!

英語 名詞の問題です! 12問ありますがもしよかったら教えてください! 1.[ ]の日本語を参考に、( )に適当な語をいれなさい。という問題です! 1.I need a new ( ) ( ) paper.[一枚の紙] 2.There are still two ( ) ( ) milk in the rdfrigerator.[二本の牛乳] 3.He paid 3000 yen for thirty( ) ( gas.[30リットルのガソリン] 4.Would you like ( ) ( ) ( ) coffee?[一杯のコーヒー] 5.She usually puts two ( ) ( )suger into her tea.[スプーン二杯の砂糖] 6.The information he gave me was ( ) no ( ).[重要でない] 2.( )から適当な語句を選びなさい。という問題です! 1.Bananas are my favorite (fruit/fruits) 2.There(is/are)a lot of(furniture/furnitures)in this room. 3.How(many/much)money did your bike cost? 4.I have a lot of (work/works) to do this week. 5.You should ask him for some (advice/advices)about getting a computer. 6.Too ( many informations are / much information is) sometimes bad. 以上の12問です! おねがいします!!

• 和訳お願いします

measuring how much water animals drink learning how an animal died talking about a conservation topic calculating how many animals there are in the park

• 和訳お願いします

In one lesson, students apply the principles of mathematics to the study of local wildlife. Younger students count how many kinds of animals drank at the nearby water troughs during the night. Older students measure the amount of water the animals drank, and calculate how much water the animals will need over weeks or months.

• 英語について

可算・不可算名詞が苦手で、次の2問の英語の問題が分からないので詳しく教えてください。???の部分にどの単語が入るのか、なぜそうなるのかをお願いします。 (1)To celebrate winning the contact,Mr.Isaacs took ??? of his staff members out for a delicious Scandinavian meal. 選択肢→number, several, every, few (2)The waiter asked Ms.Salome if she wanted ??? rice with her chicken and vegetables. 選択肢→those,more,many,few

• 英語 他の並べ替えはないでしょうか:アイディア募集

お世話になっております。 みなさんのアイディアを頂戴したく書かせていただきます。 与えられた選択肢を1回だけ使って,二人のやり取りの意味が通るように並べ替えるというものでございます。私なりに考えた答えもお示しいたします。別解が考えられる可能性もあるかと思い,ここに書かせていただき,みなさんから様々なアイディアをご教示いただきたいです。よろしくお願い致します。 ex1. (1) Sure (2) Cup of coffee? (3) Milk? (4) Pardon? (5) Black, please. (6) Coffee? (7) No. 私案 A: Milk? B: No. A: Coffee? B: Pardon? A: Cup of coffee? B: Black, please. A: Sure. (イメージ:夫婦間のやりとり) ex2. (1) Apple? (2) Starved. (3) Thanks. (4) Hungry? (5) Sure? (6) Take it. 私案 A: Hungry? B: Starved. A: Apple? B: Sure? A: Take it. B: Thanks. ex3. (1) Five. (2) Please. (3) Nonsmoking? (4) Reservations? (5) This way. (6) How many? 私案 A: This way. B: Reservations? A: How many? B: Five. A: Nonsmoking? B: Please.

• 英文日記の添削をしていただけませんか(^^)

またまた英文日記を書いてみました。文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)ネイティブならこんな表現をするなど、指摘してくださると,なおうれしいです(^^) I’ve worried about my son’s meals lately. He usually reluctant to eat fish, meat, and vegetables. He likes fruits and staple food such as bread, noodle, rice…. I’m worried that this way would harm my son’s health and growth, so I force food into his mouth every time. I thought that I needed to idea that he could eat nourishment, so I made special soup. I put fish, meat ,mushroom , and vegetables to this soup. He rather eats this soup so I often make this special soup. I ‘m worried ,however, that he will perhaps become no sense of taste if he continues eating this soup.

• 翻訳

お願いします! As you khow,Japan imports only wheat and beef but also many other agricultural products.Japan also imports some industrial products.The water that is used in making such imported products is called "virtual water." Please look at Figure 1,which shows how much virtual water is used in various products.You can see that corns and soyaeans need a large amount of water.Most of these crops are used as feed for cattle raised in Japan. Figure 2 shows the countries from which we are importing virtual water.As you can see,we are importing as much as 64 billion cubic meters in one yer.This is equal to two-thiids of the total use of regular "real" water in Japan.

• 英文和訳 急いでます

1,How much do you want to spend? 2,How can I help you? 3,I'm looking for some jogging shoes. 4,Can I try these on? 5,How would you like to pay,in cash or with a credit card?………In cash,please. 6,Will that be cash or charge?…………Charge,please. 7, How do you like this typeof breakfast? 8,It's a traditional japanese soup made with miso. 9,It's a paste made from soybeans,malted rice and salf. 10,What do you think of Christmas here? 11,Whatt's your impression of our New Year's Eve? 12,How do you feel about theplan. 13,First,...Second,...Third,... 14,These are many famous oldtemples in Kyoto,for example,... 英文和訳お願いします 急いでます

• 翻訳お願いします。

以下の文章の翻訳をお願いしたいです。 Dietician: You have to limit your intake of potassium, sodium, phosphorus, and fluids―substances which can build up in the blood and become toxic if the kidneys aren't working properly. Patient: What about fat and sweets? Dietician: Actually, marshmallows, jellybeans, and butter are on your dialysis diet. But you must cut back on foods like fruits, vegetables, diary products, and even water―all the things you've always been taught are good for you. Patient: That's bizarre.